Aliens

96 posts

Flag Post

It’s really annoying that the only real proof of claiming to see something is a person’s memory of it, but even that isn’t always reliable. Is the idea of beings from other planets really as impossible or rediculous as it seems? Here’s my story:

My dad saw a u.f.o. with his mom when he was a teenager. He said he can’t really describe it, but it looked about 50 feet off the ground, and he could see all the detail on the windows. It zipped through the sky a few times, moving diferently than any earth machine could for at least 5 minutes, then shot into the sky. My neighbor accross the street claims to have seen one too.

This is mainly put for discussion. If you have any thoughts or ideas, put them down, but no disrespect, please.

Flag Post

Having some vague ‘’SAUCER SHAPED!!!’’ personal accounts as to how it looked, or vague memories aren’t really compelling evidence.

Flag Post

He was with his mother at the time, she claims to have seen the same thing, and they told their family about it when it happened. What do you think happened?

Flag Post

You could be lying to us.

Flag Post

Some object that’s not an alien ship was observed.

I’m guessing human made.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

I’m guessing human made.

What sort of object was it?

Flag Post

This information is unverifiable, and unreliable. There is no reason for anyone else to assume this was a real event, nevermind assuming it was an alien spacecraft.

Flag Post
Originally posted by WwarMmachine:

I’m guessing human made.

It was possibly an I523 Japanese spy drone.

Flag Post

I believe in aliens, not because of the sightings, but because it is impossible for there to be ONLY life on earth when given the vastness of everything. It would be more unbelievable to think we host the only planet with life.

Flag Post

Darkruler2005 and qweber,
You’re right that I have no proof whatsoever that what my father and grandmother saw was real. Wait… did I say I did?

qwerber,
Why would I bother lying?

Flag Post

Because you can?

Flag Post
Originally posted by skaren:
Originally posted by WwarMmachine:

I’m guessing human made.

It was possibly an I523 Japanese spy drone.

Oy! There are no images of it on Google! nevermind lol

Flag Post

dangit, on an old harddrive i have a list of really interesting UFO sightings. i have a bad memory so sorry for not making it solid.

there was a video shot from a space telescope that clearly showed objects responding to eachothers presence. they then said it was “nothing out of the ordinary” (it clearly was) and killed the live feed.

there were sightings a couple of decades ago in the US that the president of that time even confirmed to be UFOs, some sort of a group of floating lights. this story was never resolved but simply faded with time.

many respectable astronauts seriously claim to know about the aliens. i would not expect this.

Larry King’s show has had some good debates on the issue.

Flag Post

You’re right that I have no proof whatsoever that what my father and grandmother saw was real. Wait… did I say I did?

What is there to discuss if there is no evidence that it actually happened?

Flag Post
Originally posted by slasher:

I believe in aliens, not because of the sightings, but because it is impossible for there to be ONLY life on earth when given the vastness of everything. It would be more unbelievable to think we host the only planet with life.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

What is there to discuss if there is no evidence that it actually happened?

We aren’t discussing whether or not my family saw a ufo or not, we are discussing why we thing aliens exist, or cannot. The story just means that >I< have reason to believe in aliens. Plus, the universe is pretty big, you know.

Flag Post

I expected some people to bring biased arguments like usual against me, but this thread is shorter than I expected…

Flag Post

I tried to cover some unusual mysteries in “History of Mankind” and they didn’t offer much there either. I was hoping for some really good stories or mysteries I haven’t heard about. I also expected more insight into some of the mysteries I tried to present.

Flag Post

Aliens are like God. There is no way to prove they exist, but there is no way to prove they DONT exist either. For now, I tend to assume aliens dont exist, but naturally, if I ever saw one, I would quickly change my mind…

Flag Post

I believe aliens are real, as someone stated before, the odds are in favor of aliens. But I do not believe that they have ever been to Earth, or any where near us, most of the sightings have an obvious explanation. And if they had visited, and there what, been sightings for hundreds of years? We would of had proof by now, and I mean real, reliable, proovable proof, not a shaky youtube video of a light in the sky.

If you did fly a UFO over a populated area, which most accounts show, they do, you would know about it! It would be like flying an F-16, super sonic over New York, your gonna know its there, and you’ll have proof that it was there!
And if you say they were hiding, or ‘scouting’ for hundreds of years… an advanced civilization that can acheive long range space travel, doesnt need 500 years to scout a bunch of Earth-monkeys…

Flag Post
Originally posted by axlkoegoskyeg:

There is no way to prove they exist,

You need to think again.

Flag Post
Originally posted by NaturalReject:
Originally posted by axlkoegoskyeg:

There is no way to prove they exist,

You need to think again.

Reformulating: There is no way to prove they exist… Unless you actually find then. What isextremely unlickely, for they probably dont have any business here, and as for we going after then, we simply dont have the technology to go where they are. In the same way, God is in a paralel universe, and unless we can actually develop the technology to travel between universes, and actually go there and see if he is there or not, we will never be truly sure if he exists or not…

Flag Post

most of the sightings have an obvious explanation.

And some don’t.

And if they had visited, and there what, been sightings for hundreds of years? We would of had proof by now, and I mean real, reliable, proovable proof, not a shaky youtube video of a light in the sky.

Then in come the many somewhat crazy hippies who believe that the government is hiding the all the proof from us… sigh

If you did fly a UFO over a populated area, which most accounts show, they do, you would know about it! It would be like flying an F-16, super sonic over New York, your gonna know its there, and you’ll have proof that it was there!

Videos, yes. Videos can be computer edited, therefore they are not the most reliable source. On the other hand, being found in a populated area where several or many people saw the same thing, may or may not be proof. Sometimes videos are taken at night.

And if you say they were hiding, or ‘scouting’ for hundreds of years… an advanced civilization that can acheive long range space travel, doesnt need 500 years to scout a bunch of Earth-monkeys…

In my opinion, they wouldn’t be “scouting” us, but looking at different things for various reasons. I don’t believe all of the theories, I just try to keep an open mind on them.

Flag Post

ok, we need to define our topic here. are we talking about the existence of:

1. biologic life on other planets, other than dormant bacterias we put there with our exploration robots. this means something that feeds, develops and, in some way, procreates.
2. technologically or societally developed life in outer space, which we could interact with in a way more similar to how we interacted with foreign cultures before globalism, rather than how we interact with wild-life. especially if it is capable of inter-stellar space-travel.
3. life within our projected sphere of influence (that we may develop in the relatively near future), so that we may potentially come in contact with them. this basically means within our arm of the Milky Way Galaxy, and deals with life similar to #2. note that no matter how infinitely large it seems from our perspective, this is still an infinitesimally small region of the entire Universe.
4. Visiters. in other words, things not publically connected to earthly societies, that visit our planet, probably for observation.

1. most definitely exists because we know that the chance of life existing on any planet is greater than 0 (because there’s life on earth), and we know there’s about a billion times a trillion planets out there. mathematically there’d have to be at least billions, and probably quadrillions or more of such planets out there.

2. this is bound to exist via the same logic as i just described above. however, most of the universe is further away than we could ever hope to reach, so most life in our universe should be completely irrelevant to us, as we will never be able to perceive it, in theory.

3. if this exists, why is the “Wow-signal” the only hint of this we have? well, honestly we can only perceive so, so little, and they may have very good and obvious reasons to stay hidden form us, and it shouldn’t cost them any effort. i’d say this most likely exists.

4. i’m pretty sure there is technologically developed life close enough in our vicinity — mathematically it’s somewhat likely. if it’s there, it should, mathematically, be WAY more advanced as us (because it’s extremely unlikely to be within the same few centuries of technological development as we are considering life on Earth has existed for billions of years), lets say, it’s at least 100 millions years ahead of us.
now consider how fast we’ve been developing over the past two centuries, and extrapolate that over 100 million years…
their society should make as little sense to us as our society makes sense to Wombats that never seen humans before.
they must have had an interest in our green-blue planet ever since the dinosaurs, so i’m pretty sure we’re bugged. i doubt they’d ever come in person, but it’s mathematically almost impossible for there to be no alien robotics observing our planet (note: a robot is simply a piece of machinery that’s not directly operated by a life-form). though, the distinction between life and technology may be blurred or non-existend at this level.

ok that’s it.

Flag Post

Well… I guess I’m trying to get a piece of each of those points. Not number one, but a combo of the next three. Do you believe in the possibility of technologically or societally developed life in outer space, and how do you think it interacts with us, or our planet?