CISPA: a.k.a. the new and even worse SOPA page 2

31 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:
Originally posted by Captain_Catface:

Americans don’t know that they dislike something until the media tells them.

This is almost 100% true. I’ve been pretty frustrated in the past few months about the media’s influence on thought around here in local and national events. Honestly, people don’t seem to be able to wait for actual facts before rushing to ignorant assumptions. I’m not saying I never do this either, but it’s exasperating overall. </rant>

Ironically, Captain_Catface only said that quote because of the media. It’s a self-repeating loop. If you say that everyone in the world is hypnotized, then obviously you yourself have been ordered by the hypnotizer to say that!

Unless C_C, like me, isn’t an American.

Flag Post

Another one of these bills, eh? Well this one is a bit different, which is why it has more corporate support, including Facebook (http://intelligence.house.gov/hr-3523-letters-support). I wonder if it will pass.

Flag Post

IMPORTANT NOTE: CISPA has officially been accepted. Worse than that, they accepted a worse version than we talked about.

Flag Post

It still has to pass the Senate, but it probably will.

Flag Post

Well, I asked my dad, he said this “Big Brother is watching you” thingy has been living since the existence of the Internet. The only difference now is that they can give fines and prison for doing something inappropiate.

Flag Post

What some people including me are worried about is the speed at which these bills are being rammed through congress and also the possibility that the government will try to control the Internet, rather than just gather information.