Two Black Holes page 2

37 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by savannahlegg:

I HAVE NO CLUE

quantum gravitons… reflexes of dark matter.. lol

Flag Post

They would most definitely conglomerate into an even more powerful black hole. No doubt about it.

Flag Post

If they were exact, or nearly exact, we can only imagine. Maybe the gravitational pull reverses and something like another big bang occurs. Maybe the centers will dance around each other, making a ripple effect (explosion) and create an entirely new phenomenon. It isn’t so much the forces of gravity colliding that makes me wonder, but the wormholes (or whatever you call them) colliding. Or am I going at this wrong?

Originally posted by Indy111:
Originally posted by mooner2105:

im not scientist but wouldent the black holes cancel one another out to the point were they battle one another wasting energy til both become non exixtent and nothing would have been sucked in

If two people both equal in everything are pulling a rope what happens?

The rope eventually breaks, or they both tire out.

Originally posted by helltank:

Rope burn.

Or that.

Flag Post

And here I thought this topic was going to be about the empty space between Obama’s ears… Shucks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SanAntonioSpurs:

And here I thought this topic was going to be about the empty space between Obama’s ears… Shucks.

If you feel so strongly about it, you should consider making a new thread., or posting in existing ones.

Flag Post

They create a super black hole. Galaxies have collided before and became super galaxies.

Flag Post

I love space and know a ton about it.I especially know about like 5 things about black holes.If two are close enough together,they eventually will mix together and form a black hole two times there own size.Sometimes it depends on its size and mass,in order to actually suck in a whole galaxy.If the black hole is big enough and the galaxy is small enough like an Ultra faint dwarf galaxy,I bet the black hole can suck parts of a galaxy in.Now I say parts,because when a black hole cant hold a certain amount of heat either by the stars inside the galaxy or nebula,The black hole shoots jets of heat out of itself and not suck all the things in the galaxy in itself.Black holes are uncertain to suck in a galaxy because of how huge galaxies are,because I think that the black holes are what make our galaxies spin.People don’t know this yet because I heard that black holes are invisible to our eyes,we cant see them in space either because there aren’t any black holes close enough to us yet,or because well you know they might be invisible.They might be invisible because light cant escape a black hole and most things in the universe we see are seen because of its light,or because of its Albedo. Wich means the light coming off of a planet or object. So anyway a black hole cannot suck in a whole galaxy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Instaaaakillaaaa:

I love space and know a ton about it.I especially know about like 5 things about black holes.If two are close enough together,they eventually will mix together and form a black hole two times there own size.

How do you know this, when even our space agencies don’t?

Sometimes it depends on its size and mass,in order to actually suck in a whole galaxy.If the black hole is big enough and the galaxy is small enough like an Ultra faint dwarf galaxy,I bet the black hole can suck parts of a galaxy in.

So you make a claim like this, that you’re unsure, that you ‘bet’ it could, and yet NASA knows black holes form the core of most spiral galaxies – and may well be the reason they rotate as they do, with the stars circling the quantum singularity at the core.

Now I say parts,because when a black hole cant hold a certain amount of heat either by the stars inside the galaxy or nebula,The black hole shoots jets of heat out of itself and not suck all the things in the galaxy in itself.

Jets of Hawking radiation. For someone who claims to know so much about them, you’re not very well versed on modern understanding.

Black holes are uncertain to suck in a galaxy because of how huge galaxies are,because I think that the black holes are what make our galaxies spin.

Which counteracts your earlier claim rather nicely.

People don’t know this yet because I heard that black holes are invisible to our eyes,we cant see them in space either because there aren’t any black holes close enough to us yet,or because well you know they might be invisible.They might be invisible because light cant escape a black hole and most things in the universe we see are seen because of its light,or because of its Albedo. Wich means the light coming off of a planet or object.

No, everything we see is due to light. You’re describing reflection which involves reflected light. Our eyes developed to process light, and only light. That’s why we have other senses than just our eyes. As these quantum singularies absorb all light, they have earned the monkier ‘black’ holes. Black as in we cannot see them. They are dark to our vision.

Flag Post

Oh come on, give him a break, he’s only 14.

Instakilla, if you’re interested in black holes, you may like to keep an eye on this event

Flag Post

The most interesting thing about black holes is what people come up with when using their amateur opinions. I wonder if people used to think like this when they saw the stars. I wonder if thousands of years ago, some drunk Greeks were sitting around, after they heard actual astronomers talking, and one said “what happens if two stars collide”, and the other one said “the effect would probably destroy everything”.

Seriously, two black holes colliding would result in no more increased mass, nor increased gravitational pull in the area than already existed. Instead of two bodies in the region with two different gravitational pulls, one body would exist with both of their gravitational pulls. That wouldn’t magically compound the gravitational pull and destroy the milky way.

There really isn’t any “mystery” surrounding black holes. They aren’t even “holes”. They are just objects, like everything else. They are unique because they have a strong gravitational pull, and they are very dense. That’s it. You don’t fall into one and pop out in another universe, or some crazy thing. Aliens don’t travel around in them…. I don’t even know what to say to some of these weird “theories” that come up.

Flag Post

The most interesting thing about black holes is what people come up with when using their amateur opinions.

Sometimes different and far fetched ideas produce amazing results. Einstein himself said that to be successful you need to spend time thinking in the opposite way than others.

I wonder if people used to think like this when they saw the stars. I wonder if thousands of years ago, some drunk Greeks were sitting around, after they heard actual astronomers talking, and one said “what happens if two stars collide”, and the other one said “the effect would probably destroy everything”.

I can’t be too sure about whether you try to be sarcastic here, i will just let you know that if we have the scientific method that we use today it’s because of Ancient Greeks and men like Thales and Democritus. And men like Pythagoras, Archimedes and Euclid when it comes to maths. To name a very few.

There really isn’t any “mystery” surrounding black holes.

Yes, there is. Inside a black hole all known physics breaks down. Black holes are a thorn to the side of every theory. That’s why they attract so much attention and fascinate astonomers.

You don’t fall into one and pop out in another universe, or some crazy thing.

You need to see a documentary called, Through the Wormhole, Is the universe alive? Some people in it argue that black holes may be a way for universe to reproduce.

Flag Post

I give up. You all have fun.