Good news for all you people who don’t have any spiritual beliefs out there page 3 (locked)

57 posts

Flag Post

Hello i would like to go back to the original post for a minute and discuss something it said. It asked how atheism is no longer depressing because the original poster had his great epiphany of how we will all live forever because apparently we must all at some point be reformed because time is infinite. Apparently. My concern though is with whether or not atheism is depressing. I believe that belief in a religion or god can be a restraint on your life and the potential to which your life can reach. How much time do people spend going to church, occupying there time with religious based activities or just thinking about the meaning of life and whether or not there is an afterlife. Think about how this affects people and how this effects how they live their life. People have the potential to see so much in their lives, do so many things, experience so many things. Religion can be a restraint that stops them from doing these things. Personally i am an atheist but i respect that other people have their own individual beliefs. I also believe that because i am not held back by the restraint of religion i can experience my life to its fullest and bask,yes i said bask, in the glory of it. This is why i think that being an atheist is not depressing at all.

Also when talking about the afterlife and immortality i must say that i have no wish to live forever but by living at all, the time that you have lived is eternal. I have lived and therefore will always have lived in this time and this space. I am and so are we all eternal.

Flag Post

It is a false belief that given the assumption that time is infinite, every possible event will reoccur at some point in the future.

Even if we assume time is infinite, there is no reason to believe any precise arrangement of atoms will reoccur.

Flag Post

If we assume that as each universe dies, then a new is formed, and this process repeats for infinity, then it is possible that a repeat of the universe as we know it could very well happen.
Of course, it still wouldn’t be you, but whatever.

Flag Post

Guys, lets restrict our religion VS atheism arguments to its proper thread, okay? This thread is made for atheists to discuss my theory. If you believe in a god, just try pretend there isn’t one while you’re in this thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:

Guys, lets restrict our religion VS atheism arguments to its proper thread, okay? This thread is made for atheists to discuss my theory. If you believe in a god, just try pretend there isn’t one while you’re in this thread.

Nobody is arguing with you Darkscanner. It doesn’t seem like anyone here, atheist or otherwise, agrees with the concept of a repetitive secular afterlife being good news… or even plausible.

Does anybody really want to go through the exact same life over and over again?
That sounds like hell.

It’s a good idea though. Steven Hawking already had it, and then recanted it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEXIpwgt5gE or Google: Steven Hawking Falling Tea Cup

Flag Post

It’s because nobody understands the concept I am trying to describe. If I could only put my logic into words more accurately, you would understand that my theory only makes a few assumptions, and is otherwise completely plausible.

Seriously though, guys, when did I ever mention time loops, or the multiverse? Why do you think my theory has anything to do with those things? >.>

Flag Post

Locking this thread, so I can get a fresh start, and maybe describe what I’m saying well enough for you to not think that I got Sliders confused with a documentary.