Friends who betray you

29 posts

Flag Post

Don’t you hate it when a friend you have had for a long time convinces your girlfriend to break up with you. Great friend huh?

Flag Post

Doesn’t sound good. Was he after your girlfriend or something?

Flag Post

Eh, Im not good at making friends… dont have these problems…

Flag Post

Girlfriends are overrated. If she broke up with you, then she obviously didn’t have a strong enough motivation to stay with you. As harsh as it may seem, everybody is better off. Of course, this is just a generalization because I have no idea about the situation.

Flag Post

Sounds like a really loyal girlfriend as well. Forget her, if she left you solely because your friend talked her out of it, clearly she isn’t of the highest caliber.

Flag Post

Okay, the situation is that he liked her at the time i asked her out.
He had a class with her. They were friends before i was even dating her. He was mad because she was dating me. So, he told her that i was being controlling ( i wasn’t though) and she believed him. The day after, i wrote her a note saying that i never liked her anyways, and that i did not want to be her friend (she offered to just be friends). I also said that i thought she was weird, and had a awkward personality. I have since told her i am sorry, and that i don’t mean what i said. Now, she won’t talk to me. She still talks to him though, they are still friends. She would never go out with him, he is kinda fat, and weird. I’m not sure why she is his friend. I play football. I bench 295 lbs, and am ripped (sorry to brag). But i think that is wpart of the reason she wanted to be my girlfriend. She is in the band. Since she broke up with me, i have been very deppressed. I am mad at my friend, and he wanders why i am mad at him.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Tuna_Salad:

Sounds like a really loyal girlfriend as well. Forget her, if she left you solely because your friend talked her out of it, clearly she isn’t of the highest caliber.

Hey, don’t act like he’s been Jesus to her, since for all we know the friend could have done that because he was a dick to her.

Unless, of course, the girlfriend in question is a bitch, then I retract my previous statement.

EDIT: Why does everyone make a post aswering my post right after I make it?

Flag Post

Isn’t this question more suited for OT?

Flag Post

I’ve never had a friend betray me. I have had friends that acted like complete dicks, though, but who hasn’t?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconavin:

Isn’t this question more suited for OT?

Have you been there?
That is the worst place on this website to go for advice, aside from certain chat rooms.

Anyway, yeah, your friend has been a dick. If they won’t accept your apology and if they haven’t extended yours, I’d ditch them and let things cool over for a bit. Play it by ear.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1132:

Anyway, yeah, your friend has been a dick. If they won’t accept your apology and if they haven’t extended yours, I’d ditch them and let things cool over for a bit. Play it by ear.

I’ve ditched friends for less than that. All in all, I’d say he hasn’t been a great friend. It doesn’t sound like his loyalties and allegiance lay with you.

Flag Post

Well I think I might be able to relate to your friend, to put my position in your friends’ place, think about this how come things as big as this didn’t came as significant for your friend. Is it possible that it wasn’t really what happened? Your friend probably just had a casual long conversation with her and her friends and in between those line some picked up bits and pieces and told it to you.
One who actually wanted to broke up might be was your girlfriend but she wasn’t man enough to tell it to your face.

Flag Post

@ 1132

I have been there.
If you ignore the idiot trolls there are a lot of decent people in that forum.
Most of the normal MLP fans seem okay to me.
And there are quite a few that are okay in general.

Darkscanner is an OT-er.
He’s decent; I guess :P

Flag Post
If you ignore the idiot trolls there are a lot of decent people in that forum.

Person*

Most of the normal MLP fans seem okay to me.

Yay.

Wait I’m normal, right?

Flag Post

@ tenco1

Wait. Are you saying there is only one decent person in OT? Or there is only one idiot troll in OT?
And yes, you are okay by me. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by Tuna_Salad:

Hey, don’t act like he’s been Jesus to her, since for all we know the friend could have done that because he was a dick to her.

Unless, of course, the girlfriend in question is a bitch, then I retract my previous statement.

EDIT: Why does everyone make a post aswering my post right after I make it?

Must me that magnetic personality of yours. :)

Flag Post

We people who play sports are different than those who don’t. We have embodied in ourselves to do things by the rules whether we like it or not. But those who don’t play sports they just… well… they think differently, we know well enough to respect our opponents, to learn from them. We experienced sports best when people respect the fair play principals… but people who don’t play sports… I don’t know.
Did she played sports? I admit I’m discriminative towards those who don’t play sports. I still need to learn more from life.

Flag Post

I, as a friend, would be mad as well if a person (in this case you) starts dating the girl I like. Did you have the knowledge that he liked the girl? Or any indication? Did he talk to you about it? If no, I can’t really blame you for that part, but I still understand he would be mad about it.

Now, if a girl could break up with you just because someone tells her you’re “controlling”, then I don’t suppose that girl was really into you. Sure, it’s a pain, but it sounds like it was a fragile relationship in the first place. And naturally I don’t think you’re going to stay friends with him.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Johnyboy29:

The day after, i wrote her a note saying that i never liked her anyways, and that i did not want to be her friend (she offered to just be friends). I also said that i thought she was weird, and had a awkward personality. I have since told her i am sorry, and that i don’t mean what i said. Now, she won’t talk to me.

So basically, she was mad at you so you wrote a note to her saying you never liked her and she is weird.

Did you ever think that maybe this is the reason she won’t talk to you?

Flag Post
Originally posted by CROWcaine:
Originally posted by Johnyboy29:

The day after, i wrote her a note saying that i never liked her anyways, and that i did not want to be her friend (she offered to just be friends). I also said that i thought she was weird, and had a awkward personality. I have since told her i am sorry, and that i don’t mean what i said. Now, she won’t talk to me.

So basically, she was mad at you so you wrote a note to her saying you never liked her and she is weird.

this.

if you said you didnt like her anyways, then your friend did a good thing so that you didnt continue to mislead the girl.

sounds like you are the one in the wrong here.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconavin:

@ tenco1

Wait. Are you saying there is only one decent person in OT? Or there is only one idiot troll in OT?

Both, mostly the former.

And yes, you are okay by me. :)

Alright.

Now if you need me, I’ll be eating a pickle.

Originally posted by CROWcaine:

Mafefe… Making a serious post? This is unheard of!

Well anyway, I do agree that there’s a fairly good chance that you weren’t helping your relationship by making hate mail.

Flag Post

I had one who betrayed me, He said he would Support me from people saying that i do not make sense at all,But later on,I overheard him say:“Talk to him and say that he talks like a baby”. That was the last time i ever talked to him.

Flag Post

Some friends are worth more than others. Some will stand with you no matter what, some will ditch/betray you when opputrtunity presents itself. Though one betrayal isn’t nesscairly the end of a friendship, if their genuinely sorry and willing ot make amends. If they feel no remorse, its time to ditch them or they’ll just do it again. I speak from hard experince.

And yeah, it hurts like hell

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bobneson:

I had one who betrayed me, He said he would Support me from people saying that i do not make sense at all,But later on,I overheard him say:“Talk to him and say that he talks like a baby”. That was the last time i ever talked to him.

Bob, I’m not being sarcastic when I say this—do you have a learning disability or something? Because you do not come across (at least in writing) like a 40-something man.

Flag Post

Sleepallnight, she is in band now, but in middle school, played soccer and softball