All non jewish christian religions: Are their followers going to Hell? page 6

134 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by lolaann:

Jesus is God period.

Isn’t there something in the Bible about Jesus not being God, and one of the ten commandments being “If you worship anyone like me who is not me, then you can go fuck yourself?”

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Originally posted by lolaann:

Jesus is God period.

Isn’t there something in the Bible about Jesus not being God, and one of the ten commandments being “If you worship anyone like me who is not me, then you can go fuck yourself?”

Yeah.
In that one story where that Jesus guy was killed, right before he died, he said:

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?

Kind of a dead giveaway. No idea why people think that Jesus and God are one entity.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

Kind of a dead giveaway. No idea why people think that Jesus and God are one entity.

Bad teaching by preachers with their own agenda.

Flag Post
Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

I encourage you to read this article, perhaps it will help clear things up.

Article says:

John 1:1 says that the Word (Apparently Jesus) “was God.”

Isn’t the word the Bible though? Something I read once…
Also, not many people have time to read the whole article, I haven’t.

Anyway, technically Jesus would’ve been demi-god, as he was born from a human mother but god father. That wouldn’t make him a false idol, as he would technically (I like that word) be part god. Worshipping somebody part god shouldn’t technically get yourself going to hell. Although all christians, even the “pro-jesusians” seem to recognize the chain of command:

God > Jesus

So no, they shouldn’t go to hell, I don’t think. They’re not worshipping Jesus and not God, after all.

Flag Post

I love the premise of this thread. It’s not even an AX thread, but of course, the Jewish and Christian religions are correct. Oh, no doubt about that!

(I’m so glad where I live, in the non-American western world, we have nowhere near as many religious people.)

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I love the premise of this thread. It’s not even an AX thread, but of course, the Jewish and Christian religions are correct.

It actually only says that Judaism is correct, not Christianity.

Flag Post

I was always taught all religions were a path to God. I’m sure if God is real and as forgiving as they say he is he will forgive non jews and non christians for getting it wrong

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkscanner:

Quiet, atheists, this question obviously isn’t directed at you.

One of the ten commandments is ‘Do not worship false idles’. Something I recently noticed is, wouldn’t Jesus qualify as a false idle? I mean, he was a great guy, but he never said he was god or anything, just a run of the mil prophet. Yet I hear Christians talking about him as if he was god, all the time. Doesn’t that make them scheduled for a one way trip to Hell?

Maybe you should have actually read through the Bible, regardless of your religion or political views.

Jesus claims to be the son of God in the New Testament.

Flag Post

Jesus claims to be the son of God in the New Testament.

Yes, but he then also calls everyone else the son of God. It’s an iffy thing. He far more frequently refers to himself as The Son Of Man, and also exclusively himself. A Self Referential Title of a rather pointed nature that is almost entirely overlooked.