All non jewish christian religions: Are their followers going to Hell? page 2

134 posts

Flag Post
“almighty Satan broiling your legs in oil”

Satan is too busy suffering to torture you. Also, I won’t regret anything, because I’m an atheist.

Flag Post

DS
1. I meant that CHRISTIANS ascribe too much power to an ordinary angel (albeit with a high-ranking job of dealing with humans – the pinnacles of Creation). :D
JEWS don’t.
There’s no Dark Side, only shadows that shall disappear very soon. :D
2. That’s what you say now.
Or rather, that’s what WE ALL say now.
But we won’t say so, looking into OUR own eyes, when the TRUTH will become obvious…
I know it sounds somewhere between grim and offensive, but my point was only to explain about the Hell, not so much start preaching. :DDD

Flag Post

about Lucifer,
I’m going to hype some of the Chirstians here by saying this… it was the king of Tyre, why is it recognized as lucifer satan? And Jesus said that Satan was bad from the very beginning, the king of tyre was not all that bad. No one said not even later apostle associate the prophecy as talking about something in 2 different times (which we Christians believe some prophecies are).

about Satan,
Satan is the enemy, abomination, one that’s the Father of evil inclinations destructions, lies, and else. These things weren’t supposed to took place in the world if Humans didn’t allow it. Therefore our enemies are not other religions, but evil inclinations, our war is about making evil deeds such as killing, stealing, lies, etc, irrelevant in reality.

Flag Post

EDIT.
Sleep
I’m totally with you on your last sentence, but I’m still making this post, sorry.

…..

I’m sorry, if someone will find this offensive – but I’m surprised at one thing, which I’m gonna clarify now.
Biblically speaking, Christianity makes no sense (wait, read on).
1. We don’t know exactly (Biblically based, like this entire post is meant to be), what was the relationship between G-d and Adam, but we know that they did interact.
We know of at LEAST two direct commandments, given to Adam, one failed (THE famous one), the other “be fruitful, multiple, and conquer the Earth”, which we all still DO.
2. Noah was the next step – a COVENANT, with the ENTIRE HUMANITY.
Also, according to the Jewish tradition, Noah was given the famous “Seven Noahide Laws” (with six of them actually ascribed to being given already to Adam, though it’s not so clear).
3. Abraham was yet another “upgrade” – his grandson’s, Jacob’s, WHOLE FAMILY was singled out to become the G-d’s NATION (you know the name, right?).
4. For some centuries, the nation-to-become was yet just a big FAMILY, but this changed at the “world-shaking” event on Mount Sinai, where they were finally “activated” as a NATION, with “permanent membership rights”.
They were given LOTS more Commandments, a whole bunch of 613, actually.
(The TEN were but a “demo trailer”. :D )
They were given a special “warranty document”, which clearly states “the owner/user of this document has unlimited access to the membership” aka Jews will never cease to exist as the G-d’s NATION.
5. Now comes the WEIRD stuff…
How come Christians and Muslims (though the latter had clearer political reasons) decided to “replace” those from 2. and 4.?
They don’t want the “upgraded version” (OK, not everyone NEEDS to have it, anyways), but they reject the “basic” one too.
To the extent of claiming to BE the “unofficial patch” to the “upgrade”, though the “producing company” clearly stated before (at the upgrade’s presentation), that no more patches or upgrades will be released, EVER.
Well, that’s all I wanted to say…
Does anyone have anything reasonable/intellectual to say about it?
(Atheists and religion-haters, please skip to any other topic. PLEASE!)
I’ll respond only to REASONABLE arguments and will ignore any type of TROLLING.

Flag Post

@somebody613
Early Christians devoted their lives to answer to the Jews, see Paul’s letters in the bible, Peter’s, and Jesus himself. I’m going to attempt to answer your questions but this is just me. We believe Jews were chosen by God because they kept the culture of sacrificing lambs specifically for the purpose of asking for forgiveness from God. This is good because it’s perceived as accurate representation of the mess that was on.
The mess was, sin got introduced in the world, and as people were having problems, some of them are going to choose to use sin as means to achieve ends. This is a cost that needs to be paid, and the price is the blood of the innocent. (Add: I know some cultures also practiced sacrificing humans or virgins, but this must came from Noah but misinterpreted, the act of sacrificing should be symbol of what’s going to come that is the Messiah in Daniel 9, not attempting to actually replace the Messiah, killing humans are sinful and if the humans were not the Messiah, who’s going to raise, then the price were not worth it therefore its not lovely and its not Godly).
But Jesus, was a person that understand how the world works, he is the Word of God. Therefore he has the potential to become the king of the world, and since he’s without sin, he would abolish all evil but this must include all other humans.
God let Jesus be killed, in fact God prepared the world for this event to happen, so he could become the lamb so expensive it worth the eternity. Now, if men decided to be obedient to God he would be free to do so without any burden of the law, because sin is lawlesness. God didn’t demand for humans to pay anything (specifically with payments of the blood of a dear) anymore because if such law was still applies, in the world, humans who ended up forgot in paying would ended up killing innocent bloods more, because during that timespan even if he/she tried to do good, God was not with him/her.
But not anymore, through Jesus, one could decided to leave their sinful lifestyle anytime and will be supported by God so much so so continuously until the world has no power over him/her, until he/she achieved the eternal life with God. Because Jesus has paid for the cost

I’m still going to answer more of your unanswered questions. But I’ll post these out now since its pretty long already.

Flag Post

Sleep
I do hope I didn’t offend you or anyone, cause my point is to clarify, not attack.
As of “lambs” though, this sounds weird, cause G-d never asked anything to be “given” to Him (cause we CAN’T to begin with).
Like King David clearly says “14 But who am I, and what is my people, that we should be able to make this freewill offering? For all things come from you, and of your own have we given you.”
Also, there’s a very WRONG trend of understanding religion as “worship” (aka “slavery” and other derogatory attributes).
G-d only wants us to IMPROVE ourselves and this world, not “serve” Him, like a HUMAN would want (and like so many HAD FORCED others to do).
Also, you can’t “bail out” your sins, other than through TRUE HONEST repentance.
Another misconception/mistranslation – “repent” implies “turn from bad into good”.
The Jewish word “tshuva” means “return” aka “return to your original GOODNESS”, reveal it in yourself.
Jews consider EVERYONE to be born FREE of sin, we “acquire” them later on, unfortunately.
And likewise, only OUR actions and intentions can FREE us from OUR sins.
No one needs no “intermediaries” nor “scapegoat lambs” – but to PERSONALLY return to the Source of our LIFE.
HOW – is another PERSONAL (and typically UNIQUE for everyone) thing.
And this concept is the same regarding all humanity, anyone can have a direct “connection” with G-d, you just need the right “password”.
(And intention.)

Flag Post

@somebody613
Yes… this is something I’m reluctant to talk about because my thoughts are controversial when comes to this. So this is just my theory… but the rule of paying back is from God, but maybe just maybe Christians I’m not trying to get ahead of the doctrine here… but maybe its not to God that God wants people to pay sins too. Because sins didn’t came from God, its just caused by God as soon as God creates the principals of opposites, light and dark, night and day, that principals would rule that there are inclinations that are not Godly as exist as Godly inclinations do.
But before making any statement let me ask you somebody, what’s the position of the Jews? To whom do the sacrifices for?
Add: Maybe I ask it wrong, what do the sacrifices of the lamb represent?

Flag Post

Sleep
If you mean FOR (the sake of) whom – for OURSELVES.
The MORAL LESSON that the sinner had to receive (if he was HONEST), was “I should be slaughtered and burned instead of this animal, but G-d gave me the chance to get through with just this”.
The reason, that we don’t have sacrifices now (not the technical, because of the lack of Temple, but moral), is that people became much more crude, we wouldn’t be affected the way the ancients were.
NOW, we use WORDS (in prayers) “instead of the sacrifices”, cause words are rather universal time-wise, everyone is able to be affected by them.
The moral idea remained the same – to truly understand the stupidness and evilness (and negativeness) of the sins.
To end this, let’s say it this way:
Sacrifices were always FOR US, and even now we have to “bring sacrifices” from OUR “inside animal”, our bad desires and evil intentions.
That’s what it was supposed to be ever since.
Explanation:
The sacrificed animal was intact, yet dead.
So too, we need to “kill” our bad desires, intentions and habits – and turn them into the G-dly fire, that shall burn our soul with desire to do only what we SHOULD do.
Like I said before, G-d doesn’t want our “worship”, He wants to help us reveal our huge potential, and that’s the only reason He gave us so many (if any) tasks.
Like one wise man said, even if G-d asked us to do something “stupid”, say, chop wood daily, but as a Commandment, it would also be good for us, cause that’s what HE thinks and knows…

Flag Post

@somebody613
wait up, we haven’t talked about your question I only responded to the part that says “christianity made no sense”. Sorry about that, but I truly wasn’t tought about number 2 and the 613 commandments by other Christians. So I don’t know. Sorry.

Flag Post

@JohnnyBeGood
I still haven’t found it but this article , might be of interest to you, just read three paragraphs subtitled “Pliny the Younger”: http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/historicalev.htm
The Christians swore themselves to tell the truth, and this is just around almost 100 years after Jesus at worst. So these are truth loving people and they really really believe that Jesus is the way.

Flag Post

Sleep
The “2” is a simple logical conclusion from the text, exactly like I showed (1 being THE one, 2 being the clearly said “multiply”).
Could easily be MORE, I did say “at least”.
As of 613, well, even Wiki knows it. :D
Doesn’t mean you HAD to know it, but it shows that your sources simply gave you insufficient info on the subject (which is normal, if you never inquired about it in-depth).
Anyways, WAITING. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sleepallnight:

@JohnnyBeGood
I still haven’t found it but this article , might be of interest to you, just read three paragraphs subtitled “Pliny the Younger”: http://www.grantjeffrey.com/article/historicalev.htm
The Christians swore themselves to tell the truth, and this is just around almost 100 years after Jesus at worst. So these are truth loving people and they really really believe that Jesus is the way.

Sigh. I suggest you take a good look at the writing and ask yourself would you write like this if you were an active torturer and mass murderer of Christians and believed what you are doing is right?

Its like Hitler writing in “mein Kampf”(his autobiography) how good and decent the Jews were and how he killed and tortured them because he asked them three times if they were Jews and they refused to say no three times.

They were accustomed to meet on a fixed day before dawn and sing responsively a hymn to Christ as to a god, and bound themselves to a solemn oath, not to any wicked deeds, but never to commit any fraud, theft, adultery, never to falsify their word, not to deny a trust when they should be called upon to deliver it up. When this was over, it was their custom to depart and to assemble again to partake of a meal—but ordinary and innocent food.

I interrogated them whether they were Christians; if they confessed it I repeated the question twice again, adding the threat of capital punishment; if they still persevered, I ordered them to be executed. For whatever the nature of their creed might be, I could at least feel not doubt that contumacy and inflexible obstinacy deserved chastisement.

Yeah right. I killed them because answering truthfully three times in a row is disrespectful to me the court and obstinate.

Grant Jeffry is not worth wasting my time on.

Flag Post

@somebody613
yes I admit, my source is the bible and my church, they only talks about what’s in the bible… they don’t officially recognize other sources including yours. Is this a mistake? I can’t tell, I’m going to keep it to myself now. Thanks somebody613.

@JohnnyBeGood
well not many people including the ruler had a good look about Christianity, Christians must wrote them letters, showed up at court, before they’re willing to look at Christians carefully. They considered Christians were some kind of rebellious people, but if grantjeffrey is accurate, Pliny then realized that this position was wrong. Why do you think Constantine decided to became Christians? He must think thouroughly before making it the religion of the nation, he couldn’t just change something as important as the official religion without learning carefully about it. Ooops maybe he could, but why didn’t he despised Christianity he must’ve had some good impressions about them, maybe he perceived it as less pretentious than the pagan religion they had before?

Flag Post

Sleep
Pardon, but the Source is the same.
OK, yours is mine+edition+modification+etc, but still, the things I’m quoting/referring to, ARE in YOUR source too…
Anyways, don’t get upset – as long as we TRY to reach G-d, He’s pleased with that.
…..
About why Constantine chose Christianity:
Cause he needed an upgrade to his obsolete OS, but he was too LAZY to use the FULL version (Judaism), so he downloaded a DEMO/LITE version (Christianity).
The problem arose, when people claimed that it was the FULL version…
Which they still do until today…
…..
Another interesting point I just thought of.
G-d has a “pattern” of minimizing the “group of chosen”.
1. Adam was the entire humanity put together, so it’s 100%.
2. Noah and his family were singled out from the entire humanity.
But there’s a commentary, that ONE more survival existed – Og the giant.
Anyways, in the end he had no other choice, than to become Noah’s relative through marriage.
Thus, the moment Og died, the entire humanity was the descendants of Noah, again 100%, though with a small admixture.
3. Now goes minimization.
Abraham was specifically singled out from his generation.
His two sons got two separate fates: only Isaac was deserving to continue his father’s life’s job of revealing G-dliness in this world.
Ishmael was also somewhat blessed, but set aside as unfit.
Now, Isaac’s son Jacob and his entire family were all considered fit to continue Abraham’s job, and so the new “unit” was created, a “Jew”.
Not yet a nation, just a family, but with a distinct role.
Note: they were still TECHNICALLY a part of the Noahide humanity, not a separate group.
The next step changed that, though.
4. Next goes solidification.
The giving of the Torah on Mt. Sinai was the moment of turning a chosen family into a chosen nation, a yet new “unit”, with the totally new “property” of “eternity”.
From then on, being a Jew was mainly (all except converts) a birth-right feature, totally separated from one’s personal choice.
One could JOIN, but none could LEAVE.
Thus, a small part of humanity was SEPARATED into a single entity.
The rest was still at step 2. – no one had “deactivated” that.
5. But the Jews weren’t a homogeneous entity either, there were THREE “levels”: common Jews, Levites (who were part of the “Jews” entity) and Kohens (who were part of the “Levites” entity).
Thus, “the chosen of the chosen of the chosen”, was the way it works.
So, technically the “holiest/chosenest” person (the Kohen Gadol = the High Priest, who had the loftiest/holiest job in the Temple) was the “minimization” of FOUR levels: Humans=>Jews=>Levites=>Kohens=>himself.
6. Final conclusion: G-d is “choosing” people in the “decrease quantity, increase quality” way, not vice versa.
So, again, the Christian doctrine of “all humans became chosen” is CONTRARY to the entire world’s history of “choosing”.
(Hint: No one ever deactivated the Group#2. So why create a fake replacement?)
Yes, it’s the JEWISH view, but hey, WE were there, when THEY weren’t even in the plans. :DDD

Flag Post
Originally posted by somebody613:

Sleep
Pardon, but the Source is the same.
OK, yours is mine+edition+modification+etc, but still, the things I’m quoting/referring to, ARE in YOUR source too…
Anyways, don’t get upset – as long as we TRY to reach G-d, He’s pleased with that.

Being upset for things like this is good for me it’s proof that God still loves me He don’t let me go uncorrected, thank you. I’m going to think about this matter. But just to have your statement that the 613 laws are all in the Old Testament makes me certain that we don’t dismiss the laws, Jesus said he acknowledge all laws and that his work is in respect to the laws. I could just re-point you to what paul said or to what some pastors said on the internet, but I want to think about it so I could give you my own reasoning too, since you’ve kindly made me aware of this matter which obviously was something I was Ignorant about.

Flag Post

Sleep
I wish you clarity. :D
We all have DIFFERENT ways to reach G-d.
All we need to do – is to do the FIRST step…
For many, even that is a titanic achievement.
So, consider yourself LUCKY. :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sleepallnight:

@JohnnyBeGood
well not many people including the ruler had a good look about Christianity, Christians must wrote them letters, showed up at court, before they’re willing to look at Christians carefully. They considered Christians were some kind of rebellious people, but if grantjeffrey is accurate, Pliny then realized that this position was wrong. Why do you think Constantine decided to became Christians? He must think thouroughly before making it the religion of the nation, he couldn’t just change something as important as the official religion without learning carefully about it. Ooops maybe he could, but why didn’t he despised Christianity he must’ve had some good impressions about them, maybe he perceived it as less pretentious than the pagan religion they had before?

1. Grant Jeffrey is a radical christian with one ideal to promote Christianity and he will lie and slander to do so. He is not a historical Scholar.

2. Christianity was a religious minority like many others. And just like others they were often blamed for Catastrophes(bad-harvest, plagues and losing a battle/war) and social-ills especially since some of them(just like others from other non-mainstream religions) refused too sacrifice to the mainstream Gods(who were worshiped in the area to prevent such catastrophes) when asked to do so.

3. Even if religious minorities were often given blame for bad things that happened, romans in the time were mostly liberal on religion. Many emperors and even other romans changed their religions once or more during life. If they had bad luck with their gods doing a bad job then they changed religion in the hopes of their new gods doing a better Job. Constantine´s mother is presumed to have been Christian by the way.

4. Plinery is not writing as some one who feels he was wrong. But like a christian doing a bad job of imitating Plinery. The part is clearly a space edited by christian copyists(scribes who copied books). We don´t have the original works of Plinery, but copies. And Chirstian copyists are known to have edited other works; a great example is the so called Testimonium Flavianum.

Flag Post

@somebody613
Why haven’t anymore laws added, time has gone thousands of years there’s a pattern that laws keep on adding as the universe continues on. As more circumstances changes God will pass laws in respect to the new, and in my opinion that’s also an important pattern. Why is the law hasn’t been upgraded to forms even greater in magnitude now that the nation has become a modern nation? Shouldn’t the law of Israel be considered mandatory to be fulfilled as well?
Edit: I understand that Israel was divided as the house of Judah and the house of Israel, and God made further selection by favoring the house of Judah. Now Israel has rejoined, showed that the trend is not ALWAYS the case, that the trend was there for a purpose.

Have you read Christian arguments in relation to Judaism before? I’m not going to repeat things that have been said too much. I just want to know what do you think of what popular response of Christians to Judaism. For example http://www.letusreason.org/Biblexp127.htm
And Paul on, Galatians 3, 4, and 5. You don’t have to read it all, I’m not asking for academic precision here, just an opinion, since that kind of thing is expensive something we don’t usually do during our free time. But just as much as you’re willing please, and I’m glad if you want to add things later.

Flag Post

Sleep
That’s where our views clash. :D
Jews hold Torah to be ETERNAL, including the APPLICABLE part too.
Thus, even the (now inapplicable) laws of sacrifices are still in effect (just unable to be fulfilled technically), while the fulfilable ones are CERTAINLY in effect.
We still don’t eat pigs and still slaughter chickens the same way it was 2000 years ago, regardless of what modern science says about it.
Simple reason is, that ALL Torah laws are NOT “physical”, they have spiritual reasons behind them – and those don’t change with time.
Well, G-d doesn’t too, you know. :D
So, it’s MUCH more logical for Him to give something ever-applicable, rather than continuously give “updates”.
BTW, the time of Moshiach is referred as time when we’ll again fulfill ALL the Commandments, meaning also sacrifices.
So even something unfulfillable, WILL switch back to BE fulfillable.
…..
EDIT.
6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.
As of your question, I wanna see references to Torah that would support such views.
Christian quotes are biased in this case, you do understand, right?

Flag Post

@somebody613
I don’t want to say anything offensive to you, but I can’t find the words. So I’m not going to comment on that, not because made me emotional but if I try to respond to that statement that our view is biased I’m going to be really at odds with your view. Let me just say that Jesus upheld the law, so much so that the nature of following the law would mean following Jesus. He is the Word of God.

(I’m still attempting to understand this from my point of view, and from Christians’ point of view, and then how I’m going to express it properly to respond to you)

Btw, Saturday is coming or is it saturday already? You’re going to be idle for a while right?

Flag Post

Sleep
Yup, I’ll be off in about an hour until tomorrow some couple hours later. :D
Thanks for consideration. :DDD
As of the discussion.
I said biased, cause it automatically is, not because someone chose to be so in this case.
I mean, Christianity is automatically biased in the argument vs Judaism, cause its very existence is at stake.
(Which isn’t at all my point, I’m just discussing the topic with no long-term intentions.)
Anyways, that’s what I was looking for:

(Edited punctuation for easier reading.)
Chapter 13
1. All this word which I command you, that shall ye observe to do; thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.
2. If there arise in the midst of thee a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams – and he give thee a sign or a wonder, 3. and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spoke unto thee – saying: ‘Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them’; 4. thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or unto that dreamer of dreams; for the LORD your God putteth you to proof, to know whether ye do love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul. 5. After the LORD your God shall ye walk, and Him shall ye fear, and His commandments shall ye keep, and unto His voice shall ye hearken, and Him shall ye serve, and unto Him shall ye cleave. 6. And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee. 7. If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, that is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying: ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; 8. of the gods of the peoples that are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; 9. thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him; 10. but thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 11. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to draw thee away from the LORD thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 12. And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee. 13. If thou shalt hear tell concerning one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God giveth thee to dwell there, saying: 14. ‘Certain base fellows are gone out from the midst of thee, and have drawn away the inhabitants of their city, saying: Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known’; 15. then shalt thou inquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in the midst of thee; 16. thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. 17. And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the broad place thereof, and shall burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, unto the LORD thy God; and it shall be a heap for ever; it shall not be built again. 18. And there shall cleave nought of the devoted thing to thy hand, that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of His anger, and show thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as He hath sworn unto thy fathers; 19. when thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all His commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Flag Post

@somebody613
You’re welcome :)
Jesus came not as a different God, he came from God. And He’s all about Love, existence sustain because of love. The Laws must be kept in order to keep yourself going, and that law is to Love God and to Love one another. You need to prioritize this, just because you’re trying to do a ritual (edited: even when the ritual was commanded by God, there were times when you need to prioritize) you failed to do the law of loving, you’d not be in align with God.

Flag Post

Sleep
I’ll just repeat the “weirdness” that I stress in both Christianity and Islam.
According to the (much older, don’t you agree) Jewish tradition, ALL HUMANITY already HAS its own “code” – the Seven Noahide Laws that were mentioned (in literature) and formulated AT LEAST at the time of Christianity’s birth, if not earlier.
(Not to mention the obvious implied fact, that they clearly must’ve been known to Noah himself, right?)
So, WHY did they opt for a “novelization” of something, which was already in effect?
Moreover, had Christianity remained as a “non-Jewish” religion, without their (zealous and murderous) attempts to REPLACE Judaism – this COULD make sense.
Now it DOESN’T…
Sorry… :(

According to Judaism, as expressed in the Talmud, the Noachide Laws apply to all humanity through humankind’s descent from one paternal ancestor, the head of the only family to survive The Flood, who in Hebrew tradition is called Noah. In Judaism, בני נח B’nei Noah (Hebrew, “Descendants of Noah”, “Children of Noah”) refers to all of humankind. The Talmud also states: “Righteous people of all nations have a share in the world to come” (Sanhedrin 105a). Any non-Jew who lives according to these laws is regarded as one of “the righteous among the gentiles”. Maimonides writes that this refers to those who have acquired knowledge of God and act in accordance with the Noachide laws out of obedience to God. According to what scholars consider to be the most accurate texts of the Mishneh Torah, Maimonides goes on to say that anyone who upholds the Noachide laws only because they appear logical is not one of the “righteous among the nations,” but rather he is one of the wise among them. The more prolific versions of the Mishneh Torah say of such a person: “..nor is he one of the wise among them.”
The Talmud states that the instruction not to eat “flesh with the life” was given to Noah, and that Adam and Eve had already received six other commandments. Adam and Eve were not enjoined from eating from a living animal; they were forbidden to eat any animal. The remaining six are exegetically derived from the sentence “And the Lord God commanded the man saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat.” in Gen 2:16.
Historically, some rabbinic opinions consider non-Jews not only not obligated to adhere to all the remaining laws of the Torah, but are actually forbidden to observe them. The Noachide Laws are regarded as the way through which non-Jews can have a direct and meaningful relationship with God, or at least comply with the minimal requisites of civilization and of divine law.
Maimonides states, in Mishneh Torah that a non-Jew who is precise in the observance of these seven Noachide commandments is considered to be a Righteous Gentile and has earned a place in the world to come. This follows a similar statement in the Talmud.

Flag Post

See you in about 26 hours. :DDD

Flag Post

Wait a minute:

“Are their followers going to Hell?”

Followers?What followers?