Do vegetarians have weak blood vessels?

11 posts

Flag Post

Ok so I bumped into this site http://www.biblelife.org/blood.htm, an atkins diet supporter, and on about 15% of the page he talked about vegetarians likely to have weak blood vessels because blood vessels need fat for its contents or something like that.

Now I want to improve me and my families’ quality of life, I tried to discourage having MSG in foods, but then I’m a bit confused, should invest more in meat or in fruits?

Flag Post

You don’t-

Let me put it this way, you can get fat from foods other than meat, and a well-rounded diet is often the best diet.

Flag Post

Nuts provide about the same amount of protein- not fat as meat. I dont know whether what you read was right or wrong but vegetarians are among the longest living people

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2fly:

Nuts provide about the same amount of protein- not fat as meat. I dont know whether what you read was right or wrong but vegetarians are among the longest living people

Thank you Chris, start studying already! :)

Flag Post
Let me put it this way, you can get fat from foods other than meat

Specifically doritos

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:
Let me put it this way, you can get fat from foods other than meat

Specifically doritos

Yeah, pretty much.

Flag Post

Most people currently eat to much fat (5 or 6 times as much as needed). So it won’t be a problem.

Flag Post

Not only blood vessels, all cell walls need cholesterol and saturated fat. All animals need that, plants don’t, that’s why meat has cholesterol and a lot of saturated fat compared to plants. That’s why doctor’s usually don’t recommend a vegan diet. However, as thijser mentioned, people often eat too much fat, so eating more vegetables is good advice, though the best one is “eat a balanced diet”

Flag Post

I just figured out that coconut could provide saturated fat, though the kind of fat that’s unique. http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/

Flag Post
Originally posted by Suicidal_waffles:

Not only blood vessels, all cell walls need cholesterol and saturated fat. All animals need that, plants don’t, that’s why meat has cholesterol and a lot of saturated fat compared to plants. That’s why doctor’s usually don’t recommend a vegan diet. However, as thijser mentioned, people often eat too much fat, so eating more vegetables is good advice, though the best one is “eat a balanced diet”

On a vegan diet however you will gain body mass very slowly but you are also faster, and way healthier than those that eat meat.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2fly:
Originally posted by Suicidal_waffles:

On a vegan diet however you will gain body mass very slowly but you are also faster, and way healthier than those that eat meat.

Way healthier? I know personally only 2 people who are vegetarian. One is sickly, the other one has ulcerative colitis. Can you provide proof for your claims?