What's In It For Me?-A Controversial World View page 2

44 posts

Flag Post

You have a selfish goal In life OP. Trying to life as happy as anything? Law breakers are Good people becuase They are doing what they want to do? So, You think lif e is all about one person, And everyone else is under his rule. I see your thinking of what life is. You seem to support Communism. So, When people ask you what your goal in life is, Just say: For everyone to accept a Communism World. Your theme Picture: http://www.google.com/imgres?q=communist+party&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N&rlz=1W1ADRA_enUS446&biw=1016&bih=532&tbm=isch&tbnid=nHtIVYNHBq9QxM:&imgrefurl=http://www.threadless.com/product/383/The_Communist_Party&docid=KpWfZQGAcl7HLM&imgurl=http://www.threadless.com/imgs/products/383/636×460design_01.jpg&w=636&h=460&ei=IpC2T_r5BM2_2QWGye2jCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=112&vpy=155&dur=9049&hovh=191&hovw=264&tx=197&ty=40&sig=103009086113599513099&page=1&tbnh=158&tbnw=212&start=0&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:74

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Selfish bastards, sneaky criminals, corrupt politicians and rich bank directors and “the fittest” ALREADY rule the world.

That’s exactly what I said, and that’s a shitty outlook on life if you want everyone to become egoistic assholes instead of trying to actually be decently kind.

OH, yeah…..I forgot to do my regular thing—my "entire existence that revolves around agreeing w/ ppl—and commenting on how Dark has a truly good grasp of American (he’s from Denmark?) social-economics and how our plutocracy operates…..mostly consisting of a bunch of—to some degree or other—a bunch of sociopaths.

Flag Post

@Darkruler:The egoistic assholes rule the world. I’d rather be morally wrong and wield great power than to be morally right but be one of the opressed few. In other words, I’d rather be the evil tyrant than the cruelly treated peasants. It’s especially delicious in this case because the peasants are the ones who elect the tyrant.

@KKK post 1:Of course they’re my personal world view. That’s why I’m posting it. If it was someone else’s world view I would have posted,“What do you think about this guy’s world view” rather than “This is my world view”.

The harshness of my philosophy cannot be shoved up my ass because that can only be done if there is someone more evil, cruel and egoistical than me. My aim is to make sure that nobody fits those criteria.

There are certainly similarities between Objectivism and Selective Selfishness, but then again there are certainly similarities between Christianism and Catholicism.

@WanderingHero:It’s not empty. The emptiness is filled up by happiness to replace all the moral stuff that was there before.

@Bobneson:Are you insane?

@KKK post two:Dark has a truly good grasp of the world’s socio-economics. The world is ruled by egoistical assholes, not just America.

Flag Post

Denmark

The Netherlands.

I’d rather be morally wrong and wield great power than to be morally right but be one of the opressed few.

I get that this is a logical response to everyone else being like this, but you make it sound like this is how you want the world to be. Those who deserve to be treated like crap, I treat like crap, namely those that treat others like crap. But that is not how everyone is. Your world view only initiates more people to be like how you don’t want them to be. Actually being decently kind to those precious few left that don’t want to beat you up for your lunch money will net you a nice circle of friends to be in to not have to be around those that share your world view.

The harshness of my philosophy cannot be shoved up my ass because that can only be done if there is someone more evil, cruel and egoistical than me. My aim is to make sure that nobody fits those criteria.

Yeah. And then a few gangsters beat the crap out of you, you won’t have enough money for the hospital, etc, read my story I posted before. And then you’ll scream left and right about unfairness and how they should be punished. This is not a one-way trip. People will more and more try to topple your rudeness and you’ll suddenly fall into the depths of the abyss. The chance that you’re the one out of those billions of people that can match everyone in whatever you may face is extremely low. I’d suggest getting back to your world view once the world is at your knees.

EDIT: I’m going to be honest with you, you having shared your world view with me already makes me feel I wish to reduce your happiness. Purely for the sake of feeling you do not deserve it. I doubt many will feel the need to increase your happiness. Instead, you’ll trigger most to reduce it. Even if you truly are the prick you make yourself out to be, then at least consider the fact you might be, you know, happier if you are a “better” man.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

@Darkruler:The egoistic assholes rule the world. I’d rather be morally wrong and wield great power than to be morally right but rather than be morally right & be one of the opressed few. In other words, I’d rather be the evil tyrant than the cruelly treated peasants. It’s especially delicious in this case because the peasants are the ones who elect the tyrant.

I think ya’re operating on some very mixed scenarios here. Cruelly treated peasants don’t “elect” the tyrant. Good gawd, just how stooopid can one get? Cruelly treated people are that way because the TYRANT has the POWER to do so and get away w/ it….duh? They usurp the peasant’s rights & freedoms—and usually do it in the manner YOU describe—by treating them CRUELLY.

@KKK post 1:Of course they’re my personal world view. That’s why I’m posting it. If it was someone else’s world view I would have posted,“What do you think about this guy’s world view” rather than “This is my world view”.

I guess ya missed my (even thought it was the FIRST response in your thread): _For me to be able to participate in this thread,, it is very important to know if the above positions are, indeed, YOUR PERSONAL “world view”.

It’s a whooooole lot easier to strongly “attack” a position when it is presented as NOT BEING that of a personal nature of the OP.

I was merely wanting to be certain about this distinction. I endeavor very hard to follow the simple Kong rule of: Attack the person’s premise, NOT the person them self BUT, when the premise IS that of the person….little option is left.

Therefore, please allow me to join most of the respondents on this thread & say that YOUR PERSONAL world view is really shitty & I hope ya reap the full measure due from it.

THEN, ya best have one very sharp “aim”. I can tell ya, from a lot of experience in life, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE THAT IS “BADDERTHAN YOU….ALWAYS.

There are certainly similarities between Objectivism and Selective Selfishness, but then again there are certainly similarities between Christianism and Catholicism.

I give a shit about semantics. If YOUR philosophy is to be a prick….guess what? YOU will find there WILL BE a time ya find it shoved up yer ass, pulled out, and handed to ya. Haven’t ya heard: Live by the sword…die by the sword?

@KKK post two:Dark has a truly good grasp of the world’s socio-economics. The world is ruled by egoistical assholes, not just America.

I think I have made that abundantly clear about human nature (Americans fershur) in a lot of posts…..ask jhco. Just because assholes are materially & powerfully “successful” doesn’t mean it was a very good life-choice. Often, these ppl find “ruin”…often in the form of death.

If YOU find that worth the risk….all for some selfish shit,,,,,I imagine this is the reward a sociopath seeks. Fuck Gandhi. Fuck Mother Teresa. Fuck all of those soldiers who lost life & limb defending the Constitution (& similar ideology in the world) so YOU can have the freedom to be a fucking GREEDY asshole so YOU can be on this forum and spew the crap YOU are doing.

It’s a small wonder that YOU & I have “butted heads” on so many issues here.

Flag Post

We live as creature of laws, eternal being. We are people who’s here out of initiatives of fields or inclination that’s there before us. And as we are new, often we’re not prioritized by reality… when we want to eat, the universe didn’t gave us food, when we want to sleep, the universe didn’t gave us safety.
But as the time goes on we have the power to understand the universe at a very fast rate. We understand that there are some fields in the universe that’s supporting us, and some fields that are against us. We realize that the world is fractal in many dimensions and principals. We became increasingly more and more powerful than the fields that are not friendly to us, and to a certain extent we’ve subdued some of them make them unprioritized.

In short, we live to trigger fractals, as long as there’s a human suffering and the suffering is not from making other people suffer, then we could say that the law of the world is “humans can suffer”. But if we help those people we trigger the law “humans are to be helped” and as we experience some misfortune in life we also would have a chance to enjoy this law.

The world keeps on changing, what remains forever are memories. In the future people would give thanks to sources of solutions in life, maybe like us now would give thanks to Isaac Newton if we could. And as they’d figure out how to resurrect people from their deaths would we becaome those who’d enjoy the future or would we the ones who got resurrected just for the sake of relativity of the memory of other people, and for us personaly we would be confined in some eternal jail?

I admire your stance helltank, I also have the same. You’re honest with yourself and that’s how Jesus was as well. He managed to discover the way to live forever in love, the most pleasure and freedom a human being could have.

Flag Post

Sleepy….perhaps,, just perhaps,, ya’re failing to understand just what POSITION helltank is taking w/ his ""honesty w/ him self""….esp. when ya bring Jesus into the picture.

YOU are saying that the murders, rapist, abusive husband, child molester have a “good stance” just because they are honest w/ them self in what it is that they want//like to do. Am I right on this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Sleepy….perhaps,, just perhaps,, ya’re failing to understand just what POSITION helltank is taking w/ his ""honesty w/ him self""….esp. when ya bring Jesus into the picture.

YOU are saying that the murders, rapist, abusive husband, child molester have a “good stance” just because they are honest w/ them self in what it is that they want//like to do. Am I right on this?

Well I think people could have many stances, I don’t think his position to make other people suffer for the sake of his own is good. But his stance for loving himself is not bad. I think if you hate yourself, you’d ended up not fixing your acts deliberately choose to sabotage yourself.
How do you know mass murderers didn’t hate themselves? They knew they’d be hunted down and be killed, I think maybe they just wanted to die the most sensational way.
If you love yourself you’d seek yourself to keep on living. Some people, including me gets bored when there’s no pleasure, that’s why I like to play games. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sleepallnight:
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Well I think people could have many stances, I don’t think his position to make other people suffer for the sake of his own is good. But his stance for loving himself is not bad. I think if you hate yourself, you’d ended up not fixing your acts deliberately choose to sabotage yourself.
How do you know mass murderers didn’t hate themselves? They knew they’d be hunted down and be killed, I think maybe they just wanted to die the most sensational way.
If you love yourself you’d seek yourself to keep on living. Some people, including me gets bored when there’s no pleasure, that’s why I like to play games. :)

Alrighty then. I’ll sleep on that and get back to ya.
My head now hurts.

Flag Post

Pleasure can be gotten without intentionally reducing others’.

Flag Post
I’d rather be the evil tyrant than the cruelly treated peasants.

and i’d rather be the assassin that kills the evil tyrant, and puts fear of repeat in the next would-be evil tyrant.

It’s especially delicious in this case because the peasants are the ones who elect the tyrant.

not really. if the peasants really have a choice, then they weren’t ruled by an evil tyrant, and you said they are. no, if they are ruled by an evil tyrant, then the next evil tyrant is chosen by the previous evil tyrant. if it’s not formally a hereditary system, the evil tyrant could simply stage a whole election race wasting billions of dollars of the population on his relatives running the campaigns, but only have two or three removed causins viably electable, while using previously written rules and media control to block out anyone else.

How do you know mass murderers didn’t hate themselves? They knew they’d be hunted down and be killed, I think maybe they just wanted to die the most sensational way. If you love yourself you’d seek yourself to keep on living.

i think you mean serial killers, because mass murderers either blow themselves up or try to get away with it. the type of serial killers you’d be talking about actually have such a high esteem for themselves, they don’t just want to live a lifetime; they want to immortalise themselves through infamy.

Flag Post
@OmegaDoom:True. If everyone thought like me, my pleasure would take a shortcut downtown. Which is why I adopted this world view. I adopted it precisely because very few people think like me. My whole plan for getting happiness hinges on the assumption that humans are sheep and will automatically adopt a contradicting world view. Which is not a wild assumption.

so then you are clearly not advocating this world view. so what pleasure do you derive from telling us about it, then? are you seeking approval or admiration or something? why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:
think you mean serial killers, because mass murderers either blow themselves up or try to get away with it. the type of serial killers you’d be talking about actually have such a high esteem for themselves, they don’t just want to live a lifetime; they want to immortalise themselves through infamy.

Thank you for the correction. Well if its true that’s what they think then they should not be let successful, we should not immortalize them. People should not remember the name, just remember the acts and the possibility of repetition. But don’t immortalize the characters, some crazy kid somewhere might adopted these characters.
In my opinion these people have admirable heart, that’s to immortalize themselves, but also abominable minds that’s to accomplish immortality through betraying their own kind.

Flag Post

I think that everyones world view should be to help blac people like trayvon artin not get shot for being black by white people.

Flag Post

When it can be, I’ll get it without intentionally reducing others’. But when the only choice is to make someone else unhappy, what can I say, I’m an asshole.

Flag Post

The majority of people will oppose you in that, and reduce your happiness instead. Again, even in with a completely egoistic point of view, you don’t want people to start reducing your happiness, so you’d better not treat them very badly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by helltank:

When it can be, I’ll get it without intentionally reducing others’. But when the only choice is to make someone else unhappy, what can I say, I’m an asshole.

The whole of what ya say there is highly subjective….even the part about YOU calling your self an “asshole”

My opinion here is borne out by what Darkruler says. It will be hard to NOT be an “asshole” because ya’ll very likely be pissing off//or on, to some degree, a huge majority of ppl. I’ve known ppl to be very PERSONALLY GOAL ORIENTED and go quite far w/o pissing off ppl. In fact, via DIPLOMACY, they managed to have ppl help them. I know this because….I did just that. AND, it really isn’t all that hard to do.

RESPECT FOR THE RIGHTS//FEELINGS of other ppl is very “magical”.

Flag Post

I rather unwittingly stumbled across something that was relevant: Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development. According to him, your view is common amongst children.

I’ll point out that I just stumbled across this link, and have no real working knowledge of this idea. I just thought it would be fun to share.

Flag Post

Exactly.
A respect for the rights and positions of others is something that comes with maturity, psychologically speaking.
The “world view” being put forth here is, quite simply, a regression.
You can dress it up as much as you like, but that’s all it is.

Rationalization doesn’t make it any less a step backwards from a mature, reasoned, and empathetic understanding of the world and society around you.

Which is why I continue to view this as nothing more than a personalized interpretation of Rand’s work.
Her “objectivism” has been boiled down, in application, to nothing more than a rationalization for being a selfish, greedy asshole.

Yup, very well-thought-out philosophy; ask any 2-3 year old about it, they’ll be able to educate you and lead you down the path to total enlightenment in that regard, seeing as how they share the same “world view”.
Sorry, but my personal view is that this is simply bullshit. It’s justification for being lazy, and not wanting to do the work to take a constructive role in your society.
Grow up, OP.