Cyberbullies and bullies

138 posts

Flag Post

What are your thoughts on cyber bullying and/or bullying ?

Flag Post

so what’s the discussion here?

Flag Post

Since there is no debate here, I will make one:

Do you think bullying is good or bad?

I think bullying is good because it builds character

Flag Post

i did to it realy not nice what my mom use to say ‘’ if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say it at all’’ w y would anyone do that anyway it is real hurtful or painful.

Flag Post

bulling and cyberbulling is the 1 of the worst things anyone can do

Flag Post

I was never bullied in school or around my neighborhood, at all. But I was abused at home by my Step-Mother

When I reached 9th grade I started bullying other kids, having a laugh about that shit. I can’t say I feel bad about it or anything, just that I wouldn’t do the same to the people anymore. I didn’t actually scar them or anything.

Cyberbullying doesn’t and hasn’t affected me. If anything, I’m the cyberbully in any way that I would be related to it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by CROWtagonist:

I think bullying is good because it builds character

What type of character? The people I know who have been bullied ended up bitter or start bullying themselves. It’s a cruel, pointless practice. It can also lead to shooting sprees and suicides if gone unchecked. Try again, Crow.

Flag Post

Shooting sprees and suicide are good for society because natural selection.

Natural selection is good because it’s natural.

QED

Flag Post

That is practically the opposite of natural selection…

The only genes that have the possibility of being continued are that of a person who is going to rot in jail.
Try procreating from behind bars.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArreatsChozen:

That is practically the opposite of natural selection…

The only genes that have the possibility of being continued are that of a person who is going to rot in jail.
Try procreating from behind bars.

You get laid every night in jail.

Flag Post

I was of the understanding humans couldn’t produce babies by mating with bears?
:O

Flag Post
Originally posted by ArreatsChozen:

I was of the understanding humans couldn’t produce babies by mating with bears?
:O

Wut?

Flag Post

Cyberbullied, no, because I’m not stupid enough to let anyone at my school know anything about me on the net. Bullied, yes. My personal recommendation to keep bullies away is to grab something large and heavy and just be generally threatening with it. It works wonders for getting people to leave you alone, and if it actually comes to anything serious, something large and heavy is always useful in a fight.

Flag Post

Only animals go through natural selection, humans however go through survival of the fittess which means we are all scrambling to get to the top.

Flag Post

Bullies’ existence annoys me, their pathetic attempts have no effect on me though.

Flag Post

Just be careful who you add to facebook and whatever

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2fly:

Only animals go through natural selection, humans however go through survival of the fittess which means we are all scrambling to get to the top.

I would disagree, Chris. It’s not so much a matter of “Survival of the Fittest”, but “Survival of the Most Resourceful”.

As for the topic in general, yes, cyber bullying is bad. Yes, we should do our best to not partake in it (although I’m sure we all have at one point or another to some degree). However scarring as bullying can be, it toughens one up. It’s a cycle in which we either are the one being bullied or the one bullying. Bullying teaches skill sets, even though many would loathe to admit it. Over all, I disagree with it, but I know that it’s a part of the online experience.

Flag Post

My inner self would tell me that bullying doesn’t matter, it’s easy for me to get over things and not be offended. My compassionate and empathetic self says “Aw hell naw” Bullying is bad, and bullies do have something wrong with them, so I’d try to get them help.

Flag Post
  • Ive told my princeable 4 times litarally everyone in my class made fun of me and he did nothing about it he just sat there and watched*

Flag Post

When I were in 4th grade a boy bullied me. He stopped in the 6th grade. Now he is one of my friends on Facebook.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HIEDIAROBALX:

When I were in 4th grade a boy bullied me. He stopped in the 6th grade. Now he is one of my friends on Facebook.

That’s wierd when that happens, huh? The school bully at my elementary school; she basically terrified everyone. People wouldn’t want to even stand next to her in line she had so many emotional problems. I ran into her again when we were adults, and she was the nicest, most mellow person.

What really sucks is when, in someone’s attempt not to get pushed around, they end up pushing around and bullying others. That’s another form of bullying which often goes unnoticed but is grating nonetheless.

Flag Post

i have never been bullied but to the third reply i gotta say it is good to a small extent it will build character only to the point where someone gets harmed physically. though i think bullies (prob about half) just are emotionaly hurt like bad parents or just were hurt and dont want be looked odwn upon and then try to hurt others so they dont have to worry about themselves getting hurt from them because they are the predators. oh and the schools should never involve themselves into a bully’s life because then they just get angrier or get hurt emotionally at home like if a parent lashed out on them for being “bad”. counselors really just are people who try to help you but everyone (well more like mostly males) hate them (unless you have no friends at all that you can talk to)>

Flag Post

ahhh now i can finally breath (inhale. . . . exhale)

Flag Post

hopekiller—I appreciate your explanation, but it does sound a little bit apologist for bullies behavior. While it’s crappy they were mistreated or put down by someone, I don’t think that should be everyone else’s problem. It only perpetuates the cycle of violence, intimidation, or whatever you want to call it. I am glad schools (such as my daughter’s) are taking action against behavior like this.

I think there are several different root causes of bullying, as well. It’s not a one size fits all condition. One bully I am thinking of, as far as I can tell, hasn’t been abused. A better word would be “entitled”. He has been raised in an atmosphere where it is cool to be tough and not let people “push you around”, to the point where it actually starts to harm other’s and infringe on their rights.

Flag Post

What the hell is all this shit with cyberbullying? Why do people care if random people that they don’t know do not like them?

Now, real bullying is a problem. Bullies should have a record put on them and not be allowed to reproduce and create more bullies.