Cyberbullies and bullies page 5

138 posts

Flag Post

Well, cyberbullying is a serious business, and is every bit as real as the physical variants, but with often less guilt about it. However, a fairly recent comprehensive study has been able to determine that cyberbullying is by far the minority psychological torture method used, and most efforts should be focused on physical bullying, as has always been the case.

Whilst cyberbullying does occur, it’s frequency has been media hyped far in excess of actual occurance.

Flag Post

what angers me a little is that some people argue that cyberbullying is a bigger problem because it’s less exposed than, uhm, offline bullying. they think they’d know if it happens offline.

which i’m pretty sure is the opposite of the truth.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

what angers me a little is that some people argue that cyberbullying is a bigger problem because it’s less exposed than, uhm, offline bullying. they think they’d know if it happens offline.

which i’m pretty sure is the opposite of the truth.

anyway im sure if you were cyber bullied or bullied at all you would understand

Flag Post

^missed my point entirely.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

its kinda intertaining how you guys fight

Flag Post

The thing that astonishes me the most on this subject is that people pay too much attention to this topic and are raising their children as cowards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

The thing that astonishes me the most on this subject is that people pay too much attention to this topic and are raising their children as cowards.

Pretty sure that not everyone here has a child.

That and you have a very backwards usage of the word “coward.”

Flag Post

thankfully all sites now have ignore buttons. and they also have buttons that allow you to delete any bad comments.

though people should help defend those being bullied, because not everyone possess the ability to defend them sevles in most cases.

like when its physical: a person that has an interest in intellectual things might be skinny, are you going to blame him for wanting to improve the world with his intellect. no. if you have the ability to help, then you should.

Flag Post

I’ve been bullied before and I think people are hyping it up.

If someone is taunting you either online or offline, ie. verbal bullying, a simple response of “No u”(if online) or some other witty, caustic comment(if offline)(a stream of vulgarities and frequent mention of the person’s mother will do if no witty comments are forthcoming) will, if not shut them up, at least make sure they can’t dominate you. It’s more like an insult war than bullying.

If someone is physically hurting you, hurt them back. Alternatively, tell an adult.

Flag Post

its intertaining watchin u guys fight

Flag Post
Originally posted by savannahlegg:

We are talking and we are going to make a blog about all the major issues about bullying and cyberbullying. Our site will be up January 27th 2013. It will be called “Th!s Totally Blows”.Make sure all of you check it out on January 27th.It will talk about major issues with kids and teens.

fixed

Flag Post

You missed some punctuation as well, EPR.

“Th!s Totally Blows”.Make sure

January 27th.It will talk about

Should be

“Th!s Totally Blows”. Make sure

January 27th. It will talk about

Always a space after a full stop. Good thing you’re not a teacher, isn’t it? :)

Flag Post

bullies try to make themselves cool
cyber bullies try to make themselves cool but are scared of saying it to their faces

Flag Post

You need to define what cyberbullying is. A lot of things that are called “cyberbullying” are just people trolling.

Flag Post

Thx 4 the corrections lol. Anyway, I completely agree with Bunlip. Bullies are often just trying to look cool in front of friends etc. , Cyberbullies try to look cool but are to scared to say it to people’s faces.

Flag Post
Originally posted by fma1:

There was somehting on the news that I think would fit nicely into this thread…

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mom-says-teacher-had-students-slap-her-son-125436070—abc-news-topstories.html

So basically, a teacher in Texas had the 24 students in her class line up and slap a bully one by one. The mother wants “justice to be served” for her son. The teacher was fired, but the mother wants it so that the teacher “can never step foot inside another classroom again.” There are people who defend the teacher and say that the mother is a bad parent for not stopping her son from becoming a bully.

There were a lot of mixed reactions to this story. What do you think?

Thats a toughy.The teacher was harsh but I don’t think it was all bad that may have showed the children that actions have consecuences and it may have showed the bully that as well, along with the lesson that bullying is wrong.It also is bad though because its teaching all of those children that two wrongs make a right and that is not the case.

Flag Post

Is it cyber bullying if a section of a community (let’s call it ‘OT’ for the argument) attacks another section of a community (let’s call this section ‘SD’)

So say ‘OT’ constantly attacks ‘SD’, and the community has officials (let’s call them ‘Mods’), should these ‘Mods’ do anything to protect ‘SD’?

They have ignored the issue in the past which has lead to ‘OT’ carrying on it’s attack and ‘SD’ being all but destroyed

If this community (let’s call it ‘Kongregate’) want’s to keep ‘SD’ in any way the ‘Mods’ need to actually do something against the ‘OT’ attacks

(I have avoided using real names where possible to protect the victims and avoid legal issues as most attackers are underage)

Flag Post

kids should be able to fight back….. kick the fag in the balls and throw him down a flight of stairs
after of course if dose a complaint to the teacher and if nothing changes he fights back and uses the simple excuse: i was taking regular beatings from said neandertholic individal and the shcool system failed to change anything so i was forced to defend myself

Flag Post

I’m not saying I agree with the practices of bullying and cyber bullying, but I’m also not saying I’m not guilty of either, which leads me to believe I am able to raise a fair opinion on this issue. What people don’t understand is that bullies of any kind do it because of insecurities about themselves, pent up emotions and no way to talk about them or letting them out.

People do it because they might have something going on in their life, because they’re hurting or because they’re going through a bad time. They believe if they can make another feel their pain, feel how it feels when said thing happens, that it will be better because somebody will know.

Flag Post

The point is, don’t bully people, they’re humans as much as you are.

Flag Post

THE point is, don’t bully people, they’re humans as much as you are.

(I just wanted to rewrite that)

Flag Post

Nice topic first of all.
Cyber Bullying: This is truly 100% of the time a cowards act. People are so, so much “tougher” over the internet. Considering they are not face to face with the people/person they are picking on. Cyber bullying can be from someone you know in every day to day life or maybe be a random person that you have never meet. Never the less, this can cause a lot of grief for teens. Adults can shrug this kinda stuff off their shoulders, but with teens being stuck into Facebook or even forum fights, they can’t leave. They want to know what’s going to happen next, who’s going to type, what’s going to be said, everyone’s reactions, if it’s dissing them e.t.c. All these things and more run through your mind. Many say switch off the appliance and report/block, it’s not that simple. How are you meant to know what kind of bull shiz people are saying about you behind your back. I know for one i’d want to know what’s being said. Just quickly, getting back to the coward bit, if you play online multiplayer games on xbox, playstation, pc e.t.c (e.g COD) people talk crap all the time and pick on others. Hmm, I presume this is cyber bullying because they persist with it, until the person leaves. I often refer to them as “mic heroes” hehe. If I wear to give anyone advice with cyber bullying it would be, don’t take it to heart. These people are useless lossers that have nothing better to do with there time but put others down so they can temporally run away from their own problems. Also, be as sarcastic as possible, make a joke out of it. That’s what I do, they soon realise you’re not paying attention and slowly give up.

Bullying: Now this is a touchy subject. Bullying can be misunderstood A LOT of the time. There is a difference between someone joking around, bullying and just being/is a dick. Anyway, getting back to the subject, I think legit bullying, bullies and victims is horrible. People don’t understand just how much and how hurtful their comments can be. People can easily cross the line with out noticing it, but can this be called bullying? Yes in my books, anyone who continuously harasses/upsets/physically abuses someone or just lowers their self esteem is a bully and NEEDS to face the consciences of their actions. They are no hero, no role model just a fair-dink-com losers. Ugh, im trying not to swear so hard. These people aggravate me sooo much. They have no idea how people work and what makes them tick. I don’t understand how people can say bullying is okay, it builds character. Are you freaking kidding me!! Yea it turns you into the biggest dick.

Here are some examples of bullying I know or have heard about:

A year or so ago, someone who I knew who was 15, lovely kid. Really nice, welcoming, caring and most of all friendly. Wouldn’t hurt a sole. He was just an all round great guy. He was well known by everyone and very popular. He started to get bullied, he wouldn’t fight back against the bullies. He had lots of self esteem before they started to bully him. He insisted no one to fight his battles. It got worse and worse, he started to talk about suicide, became really shy, rarely talked to anyone but family and a few mates. He slowly crumbled. One day he was school, just sitting, talking to his mates, minding his own business. Until the bullies came up, started hurling verbal abuse at him. “You’re a fat loser, you’re a useless ****, no one likes you. Just kill yourself already, no one can stand you.” So minutes pass before they started to hit him. Beat him up. One of his mates step into to help, he gets beat up to. It was two on six, so some kids came around the corner, see what’s happening and get stuck into the bullies. Anyway, in the end the bullies were kicked out of the school and the kid has been permanently scared. He is nothing like he use to be.

I guess what i’m trying to get you to understand is that bullying is never a short term issues. It has long term effects. Not only long term effects but so many kids that I know have now got depression, self esteem problems e.t.c My ex-girlfriend had to be home schooled because she was bullied to a point where she just couldn’t handle the day in day out abuse. She ended up having anti depressants. Bullying can really stuff up a persons life. Now those examples were all kids and kids at school. But, bullying can also happen in the work force, bullying can occur in your day to day job with out you even noticing it.

One more thing with bullying is that it’s not easy to say yea i’m being bullied at school or i’m being bullied at the work force. It is a big step and bullies tend to pick on people that are different. Skin colour, culture, religious beliefs, appearance, literally what ever they can diss you about. It may seem nothing to you, but some of the stuff people say can really effect a specific individual. Lets take for instance a young girl by the name of Amanda Todd. She has become famous now world wide, she was a young 15 year old girl that committed suicide because she just couldn’t handle it all. Suicide, I dont know about you but that’s as bad as it gets to me. To know that a person wanted to kill them self because of what other people did to her/said to her brings a tear to my eye. It is really said, think about it. She thought she had no one to talk to, no one that loved her, no one she could trust, all odds against her. It is really, really sad. Here is and article on her death if you would like to have a read =
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/culture/2012/10/amanda-todd-michael-brutsch-and-free-speech-online.html

Last example, a boy by the name of Casey heynes, he is a legend. No matter how much you may twist/interoperate the story, he is a hero, he is a role model. This young boy stood up to not only a bully but all the other kids that were (lets say) egging him on. Now he may have reacted in an inappropriate way to many but I think it was the right one. No matter how much you say enough is enough they will never stop. Poor Casey was just pushed over the edge, he had enough of it, and guess what happened. He snapped, body slammed the bully to ground. Here is a interview ACA had with him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziIfZx0XX5I

I personally hate bullying so much! As you can see just a few examples that I have come across with people I know and some I have heard about. There are so many others I can say. I have been bullied myself but I nipped it in the butt. Stood my ground they backed down. Anyway that’s enough from me, if you bothered to read the whole post thank you very much!

Flag Post

Everyone seems to give in to the youth culture of hurting others online for some pleasure.

Probably because they themselves were hurt and gave in to the dark side.