was earth visited by aliens????? page 3

160 posts

Flag Post

Why not?

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

Why not?

The better question would be why. Are you even aware of the vast distances in space?

Flag Post

Why not?

The nearest solar system to us is several light years away, I don’t think that’s very nearby.

Flag Post

The nearest solar system to us is several light years away, I don’t think that’s very nearby.

The nearest planetary system is even further away. The nearest habitable planet is yet even further. The nearest habitable planet with life could be much further away. The nearest habitable planet with intelligent life? The nearest habitable planet with intelligent life capable of space travel? The nearest habitable planet with intelligent life capable of travelling at the speed of light? The chance they found an insignificant planet in an insignificant solar system like ours? And actually did something on it (without sufficiently leaving behind evidence, of course)?

I’m not sure if you know what likelihood that is, but it certainly isn’t imaginable.

Flag Post

Life should statistically exist (had/will exist) somewhere else in the universe simply due to the vast number of worlds. It is much more improbable that life has not developed elsewhere than that it has.
Life is still quite rare though and the chances of it occurring close to us are minuscule.

Travel time seems to be something that is completely ignored in discussions about aliens visiting Earth.
Even if (and it’s a big if) an alien species could travel close to the speed of light then it would still take thousands of years to reach us.

If it takes thousands of years to reach Earth then why would they of set off for Earth in the first place? We were silent until very recently when we started creating signals that could theoretically be received by other planets, and light and signals from our civilization will not arrive at their planet for thousands of years.
They are very unlikely to of just sent a ship to have a look at Earth simply because it falls in the habitable orbit of the Sun, because from their point of view the chances of Earth having life are minuscule.

My summary on the subject is that yes, extraterrestrial life does/has/will exist, but no it has not visited us.

Flag Post

In my opinion, I do think we have been visited in the past and present. We may have had our DNA manipulated by visitors. We have strands of our DNA that have not been defined and scientists don’t know what it is for yet. Yes, I think we have been visited.

Flag Post

I don’t think it’s so much of an opinion as you basing your conclusion on certain pieces of “evidence”. It is highly unlikely we have been visited due to several reasons:

1. Life as we know it can only currently exist on habitable planets. The first one is dozens of light years away.
2. Life does not have to be advanced. It could be a bunch of worms.
3. Advanced life with the ability to travel space at lightspeed might not have noticed us, or even be interested in us.

This sounds more like a conspiracy plot than anything.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

This sounds more like a conspiracy plot than anything.

Which is exactly something that only an alien would say.

Your move, Kleborp.

Flag Post

Hey, I’m just covering up for my X’Chlek overlords, you human scum.

Flag Post

In my opinion, I do think we have been visited in the past and present. We may have had our DNA manipulated by visitors. We have strands of our DNA that have not been defined and scientists don’t know what it is for yet. Yes, I think we have been visited.

There’s a very large gap between ‘’We don’t know what it is!‘’ and ’’ALIENS!’’.

Flag Post

Someone’s been watching or reading ancient astronaut theory apparently

Personally, I find it dubious and not likely ever happened, though possible

Flag Post

There are something like 23 billion (?) base pairings in human DNA and I think we have accounted for what about 60% of what DNA sequences do.
Considering how recent the technology needed to even start this process is I’d say we have made pretty good progress, and just because we haven’t finished doesn’t mean aliens did the rest.

In your opinion to what end did aliens manipulate our DNA? They must of had a reason, you don’t just sink that many resources into flying hundreds of lightyears just to play with a species DNA without some end goal. When we genetically modify we do it for a purpose, increase yield, faster growth etc. What did aliens alter about us and why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Someone’s been watching or reading ancient astronaut theory apparently

Personally, I find it dubious and not likely ever happened, though possible

I have read those books and they were interesting. I have seen a few documentaries as the entire subject is interesting to me. I have also seen something that I nor anyone else could explain rationally.

One thing that we have been unable to explain are the sightings people are reporting. These are not just a few here and there, they are happening quite often. People of authority, such as police, have seen unusual sightings and reported them. Pilots report many sightings, along with military. There are reports of unidentified objects flying around missiles in both the USA and Russia and the missiles going live, then shutting down unexpectedly. Astronauts have even seen things.

Flag Post

Again.

’’Strange’’ sightings that can probably be explained without aliens being involved =/= ‘’ALIENS!’’.

Flag Post

True, it could be our technology at work. We don’t know this though. On this subject I like to keep an open mind. the idea that we may not be alone is intriguing. I look at it like this, why would we be the only life in this vast universe? Why can’t there be other life more advanced than we are. To think we are the ultimate lifeform would be very egotistic on our part. I have shown some pictures and a few links that raise the questions of whether or not there really is life out there, or that it might possibly have visited or is visiting now. Archeologists have found skeletons and artifacts we cannot explain the origins for. Buildings around the world that couldn’t possibly been built by the people of that time, with precision we can’t duplicate today.

It is possible, and I couldn’t argue the theory, that there may have been societies of our own millions of years ago that disappeared for one reason or another. Maybe they advanced to a much higher level than we have so far. Maybe they destroyed themselves, or maybe the earth in it’s ecological changes wiped them out. Maybe the artifacts we find were from them. This idea is equally enthralling to me.

Flag Post

I never said that we’re the only species developing. I was objecting to the ridiculous idea that aliens are interacting with us.

Flag Post

Well Luke, it might be a ridiculous idea. More than likely I’m all wet in my thinking, but the idea is intriguing, is it not? There are other things that cannot be explained. The cattle mutilations of Colorado, Utah, and Wyoming. I believe there might be a couple of other states as well. These mutilations are not just someone killing and butchering a cow, but the incisions are precise and only certain organs are taken. No blood is found at the site of the animal when it is found. This has been credited to cults in many cases, but I don’t believe they would take the time to be so precise in the surgery. It is just another mystery we cannot explain.

Be back in a little while. I think I will go get some coffee and hang out with the old guys for a little while. While I’m gone, take a look at this link, it is really cool. http://www.wimp.com/tiniestengine/

Flag Post

The “aliens” you see sometimes are usually just experimental planes or something like that.Space travel is very hard to do without faster-than-light traveling.Aliens are still probably out there,we just dont know they are there.

Flag Post

EBF, you and others are going under the pretense that an alien lifeform could not be more advanced than us and has to follow the same rules we do. What if they are actually far beyond our comprehension of technology? It is true, we may not be in the path of visitations, but what about all of the sightings being reported, not just by regular citizens, but people of responsibility like police and military?

Flag Post

These what-ifs are fun to fantasise and philosophise about, but they hold no ground in explanations about “unexplained sightings” or our history.

Flag Post

I think jhco is sort of on the right track, even if aliens exist we really should stop comparing them to us, for all we know they could be NOTHING like us, just because we don’t understand something or don’t have a different means to travel through space dosn’t mean they wouldn’t. And sure we think it would take thousands of years to travel through space well maybe for them it’s different beacause they have different means, and for all we know the network of life out there might be SOOOOOOOO much more complicated. We havn’t sent ships to other stars or have gotten satelite images of their planets surfaces yet, it just a fact THAT WE DON’T HAVE ANY FRIKKIN CLUE!! everthing till so far has been theories and ideas and all need to be proven. just because we don’t have something here doesn’t mean it can’t be somewhere else, WE are not even the highlight of humanity yet, just think what the world will be like in 150 years.

Flag Post

Sure, life may exist out there.

But there’s a gigantic gap between ’’exists’’ and ‘’Is paying Earth a visit’’.

Further, if you want any claim about aliens visiting earth to have some legitimacy, you’ll need proof.

Flag Post

I believe they exist, because you just have to ask the the question for some ancient buildings “HOW DID THEY DO IT?”. and about the crop circles, hoax? some of them, but others… pretty dang realistic. for all we know, they could be living among us, I have seen some videos on you-tube about aliens and, I have seen, with my own two eyes aliens in them, if they’re fake then they’re are dang real looking!

Flag Post
Originally posted by CROWfessional:
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:
Originally posted by orangesamurai:

was earth visited by aliens in the ancient times and there weapons in the ancient times are our weapons today??

i actually believe in aliens besides how did the supernatural stuff in the past look alienish so do u people believe in it?.

Uh… Why would you think that aliens visited Earth sometime in the past?

I don’t really know about any proof stating it’s true.

There is no proof.

Aliens doing things in the past is a lame conclusion reached by lazy anthropologists.

Their logic: “I don’t want to dig anymore, so I will say ALIENS DID IT!!”

it’s following the religious in their intellectual suicide after it’s too late to join them.

Flag Post

I believe they exist, because you just have to ask the the question for some ancient buildings “HOW DID THEY DO IT?”. and about the crop circles, hoax? some of them, but others… pretty dang realistic.

If you really believe crop circles are the work of aliens, take a look at this. It will show you how easy it is to make them – and it’s funny too.