Flag Post
Originally posted by Haiming:

I think so. :/

Why? You’re not killing someone else.

Flag Post

And that is why God is a dick.

No seriously, if you look at some of the things said in the Bible about him God is kind of a douche.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

No seriously, if you look at some of the things said in the Bible about him God is kind of a douche.

For the French…
that would be a forty day & forty nighter… 0¿~

BUT, yeah….
the OT is full of: Best to FEAR ME,,,than to LUV ME kind of “Father”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 404WindStalker:

Stilton: I’ve read half a dozen translations of the bible, and I still don’t understand how anybody can make sense of it without deluding themselves in some way. I agree that using a single passage to prove anything either way is poor show. The chief ridiculousness I find in the bible, though, is that it requires interpretation to make any sense at all.

I would happily agree there. What the Bible says seems to always reflect what the reader thinks. In that sense, it feels like the religion does nothing else but help people claim superiority of their own views without needing any logical backing for them. You can pretty much always go to the Bible and say “look, God agrees with me.” What does that make God then?

And if you look at other things in the Bible, he will forgive anything at all and will go to earth in human form and die for you. If God is a dick, then it has nothing to do with the Bible, but rather that he’d provide us with a holy book that is so full of contradiction and open to interpretation that it is in essence meaningless and then tell us that’s the way we are supposed to get to know him.

Flag Post

We’ve gotten a litlte off topic hear. I think that suicide is worse than murder (unless it’s like murder on countless lives, like hitler.)
In christianity and many other religions, suicide is worse than death. One reason is because it means that you have given up faith in God and God’s plans for you.You feel that your life has no value, and you either do not care or didn’t think about the pain it would cause friends and family.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

For the French…
that would be a forty day & forty nighter… 0¿~

BUT, yeah….
the OT is full of: Best to FEAR ME,,,than to LUV ME kind of “Father”.

Well, look at how we have progressed as humans? It seems that god’s mood (i guess that’s what you would call it.) has changed along with humanity. In the OT humans were more ruthless and fear me and all that stuff, just as the bible describes him at the time.

Flag Post
Originally posted by cloakerx:

We’ve gotten a litlte off topic hear. I think that suicide is worse than murder (unless it’s like murder on countless lives, like hitler.)

Well you can estimate…

In christianity and many other religions, suicide is worse than death.

Good to know that I should get someone else to kill me whenever I want a quick spot into heaven. (Or whatever afterlife you’re into.)

One reason is because it means that you have given up faith in God and God’s plans for you.

And that is why you should rot in Hell, believe in he who may or may not exist, or burn.

So your reasoning for why you think it’s worse is because religion?
Not exactly the most solid of reasons.

Originally posted by cloakerx:
It seems that god’s mood (i guess that’s what you would call it.) has changed along with humanity.

I wonder why.

Flag Post

I would say it depends on the specific situation one is in. For example, if it’s a person with no close family, friends, and nothing to live for, I don’t see how that would be as bad as murder. He would be dead and no one would care. However, if someone committed suicide and subsequently caused much grief to family and friends, that would obviously be a bit different than the first situation I described.

This is slightly off-topic, but please note I do not condone or encourage suicide in any way, and even if someone was in a situation like the first one, I would still urge him/her to get help.

Flag Post

there are many different reasons for suicide and it certainly cannot be compared to murder… if you are in an unbareable situation and don’t see any way out of it over a long time, it might be nothing more than the only option you have left… and people with depression feel themselves to be in exactly that situation

Flag Post

Certainly not. Murdering someone is not their choice, suicide is your choice.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

suicede is not an murder murder is killing other’s and suicide is you kill you self…..

Flag Post

Is masturbation just as bad as rape?

@OP: no, none whatsoever. suicide is a choice (well, more-or-less. this could be a whole discussion of it’s own), and as far as i’m concerned a right. as for family: fuck ’em.

i mean, i’ve heard extreme cases: i actually had a neighbour two doors down that hung himself in the backyard to be found by his 10 yo daughters. i mean, there’s always a way to be a total asshole about it. but in itself…

see that’s the problem. having a generalised, policy punishment with no option to review case-by-case is a horrible system that rejects ethics instead of advocating them.

Flag Post

If we say that murder is just as bad as suicide and vice versa, then this whole thread needs to STOP right now! Why? Two things can only be equally [an identity factor (X)] if and only if they belong to the same class or if one is a(n) (in)direct (proper)subset/member of such a (proper)subset pertaining to the logical hierarchy of platonic ideals. In this case, suicide would be considered a type of murder and, since a contrast/comparison between a certain composition ‘A’ and a subject rationally belonging to it is essentially meaningless, then (read:if the previously stipulated criteria of existence are fulfilled), this thread is basically pointless in continuation. An example of such ignorance is wonderfully instantiated by the following case: “Is ‘Yellow’ better or is ‘Light-Yellow’ better?” etc. In the context of evaluation, if the fundamental essences are shared between the two foci, then, to consolidate, this discussion has already achieved its purpose to maximum extent, albeit in an extremely limited scenario of exploration nonetheless. In other words, there really isn’t anything of worth to be further contributed here.

However, if we regard suicide as something distinctly different from muder per se in all due respect(s), then I would have to abnegate that suicide is consensual whereas murder is, strictly speaking, independent of the inflicted party’s interests. Thus, suicide (as seen logically coexistent with suicide as dichotomous relatively) is justified in a certain sense whereas murder… is unforeseen violence of the unwarranted variety and therefore is to be given as illegal whereas suicide is fine provided some constraints.

Need to go. Will elaborate later if need be. Meh

EDIT:

Originally posted by InsanityxDefined:

I would say it depends on the specific situation one is in. For example, if it’s a person with no close family, friends, and nothing to live for, I don’t see how that would be as bad as murder. He would be dead and no one would care. However, if someone committed suicide and subsequently caused much grief to family and friends, that would obviously be a bit different than the first situation I described.

This is slightly off-topic, but please note I do not condone or encourage suicide in any way, and even if someone was in a situation like the first one, I would still urge him/her to get help.

=_=

By the categorical imperative, humans are ends in themselves. Your stance of judgement defies that precept. Just saying. What I’m trying to transmit here is just that I strongly disagree with you- although I will allow you some intellectual lenience anyway.

Flag Post

well in God’s eyes they are both equal,however in some cases you probably can be pardoned from it,but i would not purposely try it or encourage it just to see if i would go to hell or not.i think if a person is not at their right mind,like for instance,have severe brain damage or schizophrenia then they may see no other way out or a SEVERELY TORTURED or ABUSED person may give in to suicide then that may be forgiven but to just do it because your high on drugs,a drunk,or what not,then well suicide cannot be forgiven but murder can be if you stop the crime and ask for forgiveness before you die,but it has to be true and God knows your heart and why you are sorry.
but suicide once your dead there is no turning back unless God lets you live and it could be a very painful experience but it will show you that your life was after all worth living but doing it for attention would be very dreadful on the loved ones too.so why you ask this?You are confused and you are asking the internet for help.Worst place to go 2.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

well in God’s eyes they are both equal,

Unless you’re gay and/or don’t believe the right thing, then you’re gonna burn.

however in some cases you probably can be pardoned from it,

Wait, “it?”

but i would not purposely try it or encourage it just to see if i would go to hell or not.

You mean suicide?

Yeah, I don’t think that’s one of the focal points when trying to decide whether or not to off yourself.

i think if a person is not at their right mind,like for instance,have severe brain damage or schizophrenia then they may see no other way out

Uhh, medication?

Well, among other things.

or a SEVERELY TORTURED or ABUSED person may give in to suicide

No shit?

then that may be forgiven

Yeah, I know that this topic inherently brings religion into it, but… You’re bringing religion into this. A lot.

but to just do it because your high on drugs,a drunk,or what not,then well suicide cannot be forgiven

Uhh, you can accidentally kill yourself by ODing, you know.

Unless you meant purposefully, in which case it’s not as simple as that.

but murder can be if you stop the crime and ask for forgiveness before you die,

Seems like a kind of unfair “get out of jail free card,” isn’t it?

And I don’t really know how you can stop murdering someone, it doesn’t seem like something that could be physically or mentally possible.

but it has to be true and God knows your heart and why you are sorry.

Oh God, you’re one of those religious people, aren’t you?

but suicide once your dead there is no turning back unless God lets you live and it could be a very painful experience but it will show you that your life was after all worth living but doing it for attention would be very dreadful on the loved ones too.

… There are no words to describe just how incoherent that was.

And how impossible that is in the first place.

so why you ask this?

Ask what, exactly?

You are confused and you are asking the internet for help.

How do you know. And how do you know?

Worst place to go 2.

… Yeah, I always just love that “more knowledgeable-than-thou” style of posting, don’t you?

Flag Post

You are a smart and rude person.But you ask other people and not yourself,and I am religious but Im not angelic.Just a simple I believe in you GOD person.

Flag Post

You are a smart and rude person.

Thank you and fuck you too.

But you ask other people and not yourself,

And why shouldn’t I?

And how do you know that I haven’t in the first place?

and I am religious but Im not angelic.

That… Makes no sense.

Just a simple I believe in you GOD person.

That… still makes no sense.

Flag Post

I HAVE AN IDEA! SUICIDE IS JUST AS BAD AS MURDER!THEY ARE BOTH EQUALLY BAD!They cancel each other out because of their equal-ness.So if nobody argues with that the forum is had stopped.:D

Flag Post

I HAVE AN IDEA!

Good for you.

SUICIDE IS JUST AS BAD AS MURDER!THEY ARE BOTH EQUALLY BAD!

But why?

They cancel each other out because of their equal-ness.

How… Does that work, exactly?

So if nobody argues with that the forum is had stopped.:D

… What?

Flag Post

so we should charge suicide attempters with attempted murder then?

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

Or something of equal magnitude?

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

Or something of equal magnitude?

Yes tenco!

(1)I don’t think we were talking about the charge penalties of the law.

(2)I’m still thinking about my second reason

(3)In your feelings.Do you believe suicide is just as bad as murder?
Yes.They both involve dying.Dying is equally bad unless it was to a Dictator like Hitler Or Osama Or Joseph Khony

Flag Post

Yes tenco!

Who?

(1)I don’t think we were talking about the charge penalties of the law.

That… Doesn’t make any sense.

(2)I’m still thinking about my second reason

Yeah, that’s helpful.

(3)In your feelings.Do you believe suicide is just as bad as murder?

don’t need feelings for this, as it is not. Period.
Yes.They both involve dying.

No shit.

Dying is equally bad unless it was to a Dictator like Hitler Or Osama Or Joseph Khony

Oh boy, you’re one of those people.

Flag Post

lol Really?