Is suicide just as bad as murder? page 3

74 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

lol Really?

Lol really what?

No, I mean I have no idea what you’re responding to.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

Yes tenco!

Who?

(1)I don’t think we were talking about the charge penalties of the law.

That… Doesn’t make any sense.

(2)I’m still thinking about my second reason

Yeah, that’s helpful.

(3)In your feelings.Do you believe suicide is just as bad as murder?

don’t need feelings for this, as it is not. Period.

Yes.They both involve dying.

No shit.

Dying is equally bad unless it was to a Dictator like Hitler Or Osama Or Joseph Khony

Oh boy, you’re one of those people.

Ok let me break it down

I agreed that suicide and murdering have an equivalent magnitude of badness.Becuase they both involve dying and it does not make a difference.Murdering is taking away someones life and suicide is still taking away someones life.They are more alike than different.Also

Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

so we should charge suicide attempters with attempted murder then?

Have you ever though about looking at it from a SMART perspective doom.Of course we CAN’T charge penalties for suicide yah GIT

!Instead of feelings use your brains!Does suicide have the same effect in the same scenario?YES!Only the scenario can alter how “bad” they both are!

and lastly you commented that I was a dictator type, at-least that’s what I understood.

Flag Post

I agreed that suicide and murdering have an equivalent magnitude of badness.

But why?

Becuase they both involve dying and it does not make a difference.

There’s more to it than that.

Murdering is taking away someones life and suicide is still taking away someones life.

No, murdering is the unlawful (and unconsenting) killing of another person, suicide is when you kill yourself. (And it’s also consenting.)

And besides, who are you going to punish in the case of suicide?

Have you ever though about looking at it from a SMART perspective doom.

Oh the insults I could make with that…

Of course we CAN’T charge penalties for suicide yah GIT

That was his point.

!Instead of feelings use your brains!

… Didn’t you say to use your feelings with this before?

Does suicide have the same effect in the same scenario?

No.

YES!

Why?

Only the scenario can alter how “bad” they both are!

That… Makes no sense, I think it has to do in part to how you post.

Flag Post

It is, in a sense.
It’s not bad in the same way, but it’s pretty bad.
You’re harming others if you do it- your family and friends are going to miss you, and they are going to be impacted by it.
You’d have to be totally friendless, have no family, and have no impact on society for your death to not matter. And I sincerely doubt there’s a person out there, when they kill themselves, does not have any impact whatsoever upon society.

Flag Post

Throwing yourself in the way of a bullet to stop your loved one getting killed…is that suicide as well?
I’ve heard stories where mothers, fathers so and so on putting themselves in deaths way to protect their children, loved ones, friends, crows etc

Flag Post
Ok let me break it down

I agreed that suicide and murdering have an equivalent magnitude of badness.Becuase they both involve dying and it does not make a difference.Murdering is taking away someones life and suicide is still taking away someones life.They are more alike than different.

so masturbation is more alike to rape than different. ok then, tha’ts good to know. next time i masturbate, i’ll call the cops on me to report myself for rape.

Have you ever though about looking at it from a SMART perspective doom.Of course we CAN’T charge penalties for suicide yah GIT

!Instead of feelings use your brains!Does suicide have the same effect in the same scenario?YES!Only the scenario can alter how “bad” they both are!

and lastly you commented that I was a dictator type, at-least that’s what I understood.

i said “attempter”. do you even read?

and what’s this about dictator type? i think you’re confusing me with someone else.

Flag Post

I dont think suicide is yet on murders level but it is close enough seeing that you are going to hell. You did not recieve life to just kill yourself. Assisted suicide on the other hand is definetly as bad as murder seeing that you did not even try to help the person that wanted to kill themselves.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chris2fly:

I dont think suicide is yet on murders level but it is close enough seeing that you are going to hell. You did not recieve life to just kill yourself. Assisted suicide on the other hand is definetly as bad as murder seeing that you did not even try to help the person that wanted to kill themselves.

First, that assumes a hell exists, which not everyone takes as a given.

Second, most people that argue for assisted suicide usually argue for doctor-assisted suicide for people who are already terminal. I imagine that doctors do the most they can for their patients.

Flag Post
Ok let me break it down

I agreed that suicide and murdering have an equivalent magnitude of badness.Becuase they both involve dying and it does not make a difference.Murdering is taking away someones life and suicide is still taking away someones life.They are more alike than different.

Suicide is not taking away someones life it is taking away your own.

so masturbation is more alike to rape than different. ok then, tha’ts good to know. next time i masturbate, i’ll call the cops on me to report myself for rape.

When you masturbate are you not enjoying what you are doing?

i said “attempter”. do you even read?

and what’s this about dictator type? i think you’re confusing me with someone else.

Flag Post

1. learn how to quote.
2. learn how to respond to comments in their context.

Flag Post

Is suicide as bad a murder?

Theological discussions aside, suicide devastates family and friends just as much as any death would, sometimes more.

Flag Post

suicide devastates family and friends just as much as any death would, sometimes more.

Many times less.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azolf:

Is suicide as bad a murder?

Theological discussions aside, suicide devastates family and friends just as much as any death would, sometimes more.

Suicide is no where near as bad as murder.
Murder is the unwanted taking of someones life by another person. Suicide doesn’t come close to just how vile murder is.
While I agree suicide definitely takes a toll on a family, I don’t think a suicide in a family would come close to a murder in a family.
It’s completely absurd to even consider suicide as the same concept as murder.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

suicide devastates family and friends just as much as any death would, sometimes more.

Many times less.

There can be resentment.
I’ve heard it said that suicide is one of the most selfish things a person can do.

Flag Post

Many suicides are supported by the family. In fact, at times the person isn’t even able to make such decisions, so it is up to the family to do as such. Take a deadly ill person who will have to go through countless hours of pain just waiting for death.

Flag Post

that’s euthanisia. throwing euthanisia inside the definition of suicide and arguing from that about suicide is maybe not a smart thing to do.

the line between the two can be blurry, but ethically there’s definitely a difference.

Flag Post

that’s euthanisia. throwing euthanisia inside the definition of suicide and arguing from that about suicide is maybe not a smart thing to do.

the line between the two can be blurry, but ethically there’s definitely a difference.

True that. No loved one is going to support kicking a chair out from under yourself in a doorway because you had a bad day.

Flag Post

The first post is about how you go to hell when you commit suicide. I really don’t think it’s sketchy to try and get discussion out of the comparison between throwing yourself on a blade or being injected by something in order to legally die.

Honestly, though, would God have a notebook in which all the rules about suicide are written? I mean, certainly a criminal can force you to put the gun to your head and kill yourself, otherwise he’ll start cutting off your fingers, etc. Is that suicide due to which you’re rewarded with hell? Is a doctor performing assisted-suicide on you a real suicide?

I see suicide as the choice to end your life. There are multiple paths towards that goal.

Flag Post

True that. No loved one is going to support kicking a chair out from under yourself in a doorway because you had a bad day.

I wish you wouldn’t trivalise suicide in such a way. People don’t just kill themselves because they had a bad day. I don’t know why you think that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

I wish you wouldn’t trivalise suicide in such a way. People don’t just kill themselves because they had a bad day. I don’t know why you think that.

You’re right. I was being a little sardonic.

Flag Post

I think suicide is very sad, like that it got to the point where the person killing themselves felt like that was their only option, I do feel for their families, but suicide is not murder. Murder is the unlawful killing of someone else. I lol at laws banning suicide, how are they going to police that? Arrest anyone standing on a bridge? Arrest anyone crying? Lock up someone’s corpse?

Flag Post

There’s alot of controversy surrounding the Church of Mormon. I will not speak ill of my brothers or sisters, but I will say that you should think with a critical mind of any Church.

The concept of Hell having “Layers” comes from The Divine Comedy, a work of fiction.

But it is true that people who commit suicide have damned themselves to Hell. I’ll pm you a secret though, but you have to promise not to tell. :)

Flag Post

No. It is YOUR life. Your mind and body belongs to YOU and you can choose to terminate it whenever you want. Live young, have fun and choose your own ending. :)

edit: even though none of us can technically make choices

Flag Post

it doesnt matter. noone is a person with will because everything is science and calculated. nothing mater. no poiont in suiciding or living. so gues we just ARE