Creation vs. Evolution page 23

763 posts

Flag Post

FWW
And I didn’t deny evolution.
I just see it not as a “vanilla” state of the world (like science implies), but rather like a “modding” change/addition (basically combining religious creation and scientific evolution in ONE).
You still continue to deny the religious part, even after I accepted the scientific part WITHOUT discarding the religious one.
If it isn’t fanaticism in your attitude, I have no other name for it…

Flag Post

There may appear to be fanaticism in my attitude, but it’s disdain at the fanaticism in your life.

You didn’t deny evolution…great!!! So you accept that all animals are descendants of a common ancestor?

And I deny the religious part simply because there is no religious part of evolution…why do you deny the leprechaun part of it?

Flag Post

…byyyyyyyyye…

Flag Post

I take that as a ‘yes’. Glad you finally accept that we all evolved from a common ancestor!

Glad to see that you finally accept the theory of evolution.

I’ll keep what you said as a quote…never know when it might come in handy!

Flag Post
Originally posted by somebody613:

I have posted this max two days ago…

(Scroll down to 11a)
This is to be explained in accordance with the dictum of R. Joshua b. Levi; for R. Joshua b. Levi said: All creatures of the creation were brought into being with their full stature, their full capacities, and their full beauty, as it says, And the heaven and the earth were finished, and all the host of them [zeba’am]. Read not zeba’am, but zibyonam [their beauty].

I can find more – and probably have posted some before too.
The above text can clearly be understood as “modding evolution into creation”.

That’s not evidence. That’s a text source citing that R. Joshua b. Levi guy’s opinion.
Opinions are not evidence.

I really think you should pick up a science textbook and read through it for a while. That way you wouldn’t have constantly to make up definitions for things you don’t quite understand and call people who correct you fanatics.

Flag Post

EPR
Sorry?
But it refers to the SAME evidence that your side uses – fossils and other evolutionary stuff.
It just EXPLAINS them differently.
So either BOTH options are opinions (and can be chosen) or NONE is of any value, which is a funny outcome.
Cause again, only time machine and Jurassic park – for KNOWING.
Or – you’re bound to consider it EXPLANATIONS.
BOTH of them.
(And to prevent trolling – fairies DO NOT have a 2000-year old explanation that fits the EVIDENCE.)

Flag Post

Sure, we can’t know it 100%. No one ever claimed we could.
But we can determine which one is more likely to be true. The explanation that does not require an knowledgeable, unprovable, omnipotent, mysterious entity is obviously making less assumptions and is therefore more likely to be true. That’s why it is useful to base further research on that assumption until it fails or the other one is proven to be true.

Oh, and you cited that passage as evidence, not the archaeological findings. Make up your mind. What is that evidence for God you wanted to bring up?

Flag Post

EPR
Sorry?
But it refers to the SAME evidence that your side uses – fossils and other evolutionary stuff.
It just EXPLAINS them differently.
So either BOTH options are opinions (and can be chosen) or NONE is of any value, which is a funny outcome.
Cause again, only time machine and Jurassic park – for KNOWING.
Or – you’re bound to consider it EXPLANATIONS.
BOTH of them.
(And to prevent trolling – fairies DO NOT have a 2000-year old explanation that fits the EVIDENCE.)

Fossils are not opinions. Fossils are real.
And how do you know that fairies don’t have a 2000 year old explanation? Maybe they’ve hidden their books to stop the troll from getting them?

Flag Post

FWW
Well, my sources aren’t hidden nor newly invented.
They were there centuries before anyone thought of evolution.
And yet they quite clearly mention strange/huge animals (“big fishes”, “reem”, some others), they mention how everything was created mature (my link), they mention a mass extinction (Flood), they mention mutations (pre-Flood; “every flesh changed its ways”), they mention genes (“all by its kind”), they mention giants (which could apply to animals too), etc.
The ideas are there – just the explanations differ vastly.
That’s all.

Flag Post

FWW
Well, my sources aren’t hidden nor newly invented.
They were there centuries before anyone thought of evolution.
And yet they quite clearly mention strange animals (it does, read Genesis attentively), they mention how everything was created mature, they mention a mass extinction.
The ideas are there – just the explanations differ vastly.
That’s all.

Mentiong strange animals does not atcually mean anything…ok so the books that talk of werewolfs…what about those? Legitmate documentation now are they? Evidence?

You have no idea what those people were writing about…you’re merely making a guess to fit into your hypothesis. Not scientific.
You don’t have a real understanding about what is actual ‘evidence’ and what is just bullshit guessing.

Flag Post

FWW
I edited a bit.
Also, it pretty clearly can be understood as mentioning all those weird animal bones we dig out, and that seemingly perished in the Flood – which was a very strange event on itself, so it isn’t as likely to find clear evidence about it.
Oh, but we did find evidences about mass extinctions – how do you know they don’t refer to the Flood?
And as of measurements – sorry, but this is circular proof.
Cause the methods used for really long time periods are fully non-empirical, so there’s no way to actually test them.
And those of a shorter span ignore the probability of the world undergoing huge weird changes (like those that are mentioned in Flood commentaries).
All in all, the probability is there, and is fully materialistically fitting the evidence – just not the basic assumption of “no one’s out there”.

Flag Post

FWW
I edited a bit.
Also, it pretty clearly can be understood as mentioning all those weird animal bones we dig out, and that seemingly perished in the Flood – which was a very strange event on itself, so it isn’t as likely to find clear evidence about it.
Oh, but we did find evidences about mass extinctions – how do you know they don’t refer to the Flood?
And as of measurements – sorry, but this is circular proof.
Cause the methods used for really long time periods are fully non-empirical, so there’s no way to actually test them.
And those of a shorter span ignore the probability of the world undergoing huge weird changes (like those that are mentioned in Flood commentaries).
All in all, the probability is there, and is fully materialistically fitting the evidence – just not the basic assumption of “no one’s out there”.

I’m sorry, but it’s just too hard to talk with you…you don’t even know what circular logic is.
sigh…look, we know that the older something it is, usually the deeper we find it buried in the sedimentary layers…none of this is circular logic…it is science.
Your flood is illogical because there isn’t any evidence world wide that it occured. There have been huge floods recorded…but there is no evidence that there was a world wide flood that could swamp the highest mountain peak and kill all living things on earth except for two of everything….hell, right this just makes it sound even more unbelievable. Noahs ark has to be one of the weakest stories in the bible.
I can’t go on…the flood story just has no credence to it, arguing against feels like I’m arguing against an astrologist…it’s to easy.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by TebowLover:

John 1:12-13 “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”

… Aaaand what?

Flag Post

TL
Not exactly on-topic…

Flag Post

John 1:12-13 “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.”

Leviticus 19:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 “Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”

Your quote is invalid.

Flag Post

TL
Not really helping the discussion…
But I leave both of you to enjoy each other. :DDDDD

Flag Post

What? He stopped? I was going to slam he ass with a chocolate cake recipe!!!!!!

Flag Post

I love chocolate cake!!!

Flag Post
Originally posted by finkidz5:

I love chocolate cake!!!

Couldn’t find a Biblical verse for that?

Obviously to God, the cake is a lie.

Flag Post

Well, not about cake but…

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 8:37-39 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
Love One Another Bible Verses
Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
Galatians 5:13 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.
Ephesians 4:2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,
1 Peter 1:22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,
1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.
What Did Jesus Say About Love
Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? You therefore must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 6:24-25 ”No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money. “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?
Mark 12:28-30 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
John 14:21-24 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me.
John 15:9-17 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

Here’s something more useful.

Ingredients
Serves: 8

125g unsalted butter 125g good quality plain chocolate 3 eggs, separated 100 to 125g caster sugar (depends how sweet your tooth is) 125g plain flour 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar pinch salt Preparation method

Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
In a pan, melt together butter and chocolate over a low heat, stirring as necessary.
In a bowl beat the egg whites with 1/2 tsp caster sugar and pinch of salt until stiff peaks form, as for meringue.
In another bowl beat the egg yolks with the sugar and then slowly fold in the flour. To this mixture add the chocolate and butter (if this has started to go solid, re-heat a little until liquid). After the chocolate has been thouroughly mixed in, fold in the egg whites, about a third at a time. When this is well mixed, pour into a lightly buttered 20 or 23cm square tin and bake for approx 25 minutes in a 180 C / Gas 4 oven. To test for doneness, place a metal skewer in the centre. If it comes out clean, your cake is ready.

Flag Post

Please can I have a chocolate cake recipe?
Edit: Thank you! I will go and make it!

Flag Post

I think I just proved God wrong!!! The cake is not a lie!!!