Creation vs. Evolution page 29

763 posts

Flag Post

We do abmit when we don’t know. Well, the sciences do anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nau987:
Originally posted by slasher:
Originally posted by EPR89:
Originally posted by nau987:

Which is where God comes in, we’ve gotten to a point that there just has to be some kind of “Divine Intervention”, some trigger if you will, that started the last 13.75 billion years. So there is no other explanation, Science and Religion go hand in hand.

There’s no other explanation, so the only one left is a religious one?
How about this one: we simply don’t know.

Does it mean that if you don’t understand something, and the community of physicists don’t understand it, that means God did it? Is that how you want to play this game? Because if it is, here’s a list of things in the past that the physicists at the time didn’t understand, and a talk show you might have conducted 200 years ago would have said “The planets do retrograde? Can’t understand that, must be a God.” And we’d say “You know, you’re right.” And then 10 years later we understand it, so what do you do? So if that’s how you want to invoke your evidence for God, then God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller and smaller as time moves on, so just be ready for that to happen if that’s how you want to come at the problem. -NDGT

That’s not what I meant at all. Let me rephrase this then, we should just admit that there are some things we don’t know, and that science OR religion can’t explain right at this moment. So both ideas should work together instead of bickering about who’s right.

And what about the not religious batshit insane solutions that are as valid as religious ones? Shouldn’t we incorporate them as well?
You know, pixies, almighty pasta, invisible pastel coloured mythological beasts…

Flag Post

Wait, you’re suggesting that science and religion work together? Because that has worked in the past, eh?

Flag Post

This should be proof enough that evolution exists

Flag Post

Yeah, it proves that

Grizzly BEARS

evolved, but not humans.

Edit: Well humans did evolve, but not from animals.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

Yeah, it proves that

Grizzly BEARS

evolved, but not humans.

It proves that evolution exists, so yes, it actually does give more evidence that humans have evolved.

Well that settles it; you know jack shit about biology

So what did they evolve from.

Flag Post

Humans are animals.

Flag Post

Humans are animals.

I think he means that he thinks we evolved from protists. Or maybe plants, hence cabbages having babies in them.

Flag Post

Like the vegetable lamb, Tenco?

It’s a mythical sheep with an umbilical cord coming out of it to its mother plant. Cut the cord to the plant and the sheep will die.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Like the vegetable lamb, Tenco?

It’s a mythical sheep with an umbilical cord coming out of it to its mother plant. Cut the cord to the plant and the sheep will die.

Sound like a well-rounded Scottish breakfast, only with too many green and not enough Haggis.

Flag Post

AHEM!

Humans didn’t evolved from anything… smart ass. The first human was white, but when the humans spread, their skin started changing color, adapting to the environment. Different hair colors, ears, feet, nose, eye color. We see it every day. They also evolved mentally. Humans where always humans. That is why humans didn’t evolve from animals.

• AND humans are not animals, look it up in the dictionary of what a human is, and what an animal is. They are tow’ different thangs’.

Flag Post

AHEM!

Humans didn’t evolved from anything… smart ass.

Then how could they have evolved like you said they did?

The first human was white,

And where did they come from?

They also evolved mentally.

So did they evolve or didn’t they?

Humans where always humans. That is why humans didn’t evolve from animals.

Except that humans are primates, which are animals, which means that they have to be animals, which means that they had to come from an animal to begin with.

• AND humans are not animals, look it up in the dictionary of what a human is, and what an animal is. They are tow’ different thangs’.
  • ’Kay.

Human as a noun

Animal as a noun

And if you knew jack-shit about biology (which you don’t seem to) human belong to the kingdom animalia, which therefore makes them animals.

Flag Post

Then how could they have evolved like you said they did?

NO! Humans adapted to the environment, by evolving body features and mental features.

And where did they come from?

WELL, God made Adam from the blah blah blah blah. Did you read the bible?

So did they evolve or didn’t they?

THEY EVOLVED MENTALLY!

Except that humans are primates, which are animals, which means that they have to be animals, which means that they had to come from an animal to begin with.

Humans are not primates, and humans are not animals. They are totally different.

’Kay.

Yeah you better.

And if you knew jack-shit about biology (which you don’t seem to) human belong to the kingdom animalia, which therefore makes them animals.

No, I asked a college Biology teacher and she said that HUMANS are not ANIMALS.

Flag Post

The second definition of animal…

any such living thing other than a human being.

:3 In your face.

Human as a noun

Animal as a noun

Flag Post

I asked a college teacher and he said god doesn’t exist. Your move.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Cripes,
    Citations please? And I assume your endorsing the spontaneous generation of humanity directly by God?
    EDIT: Sheesh hard to keep up.
    So, where in the bible does God make Adam white? That seems a little, well, racist. Also the Genesis narrative, both of them, are full of sooo many holes. Which I don’t feel like really getting into atm.

Flag Post

The second definition of animals…

That’s not a biological definition, though.

Flag Post

Foiled AGAIN!

But we are talking about animals. So your statement is invalid.

I’m more interested in god existing or not. Since what a college professor says is the truth, then that means god doesn’t exist. Right?

Flag Post

NO! Humans adapted to the environment, by evolving body features and mental features.

Okay, so they evolved, I ask again, are you arguing for or against evolution?

WELL, God made Adam from the blah blah blah blah. Did you read the bible?

Okay, so you’re arguing for creationism, then why did you admit that evolution exists?

THEY EVOLVED MENTALLY!

Okay, so they did evolve. Make up your mind.

Humans are not primates, and humans are not animals. They are totally different.

Except they are and they are.

Also, there are actually a shitload of similarities with humans and primates (and subsiquently animals). So much so that they actually start to fit the definition of both primates and animals.

And my Biology teacher said that humans are animals.

The first definition of animals:

“Any member of the kingdom Animalia, comprising multicellular organisms that have a well-defined shape and usually limited growth, can move voluntarily, actively acquire food and digest it internally, and have sensory and nervous systems that allow them to respond rapidly to stimuli: some classification schemes also include protozoa and certain other single-celled eukaryotes that have motility and animallike nutritional modes.”

The only difference is that this is referring to the biological definition of animal (which is what i’ve been arguing the whole time) whereas the second definition refers to the idealogical definition of animals.

Flag Post

So, where in the bible does God make Adam white? That seems a little, well, racist. Also the Genesis narrative, both of them, are full of sooo many holes. Which I don’t feel like really getting into atm.

I feel you bro, I don’t feel like talking about that either.

That’s not a biological definition, though.

But its the real definition.

Originally posted by NaturalReject:

Foiled AGAIN!

But we are talking about animals. So your statement is invalid.

I’m more interested in god existing or not. Since what a college professor says is the truth, then that means god doesn’t exist. Right?

But I AM more interested in talking about evolution at the moment. And I say that humans are not animals and they didn’t evolve from monkeys. Plus I only argue with two people at a time.

Flag Post

But I AM more interested in talking about evolution at the moment.

Geez, the world doesn’t revolve areound the world, you know.

And I say that humans are not animals and they didn’t evolve from monkeys.

Well obviously, that’s because they evolved from Chimpanzees.

Flag Post

@tenco1

Humans are not animals, but they did evolve. Creation involves evolving. God created the animals,plants, but he made the humans different. Humans did not evolve from monkeys however similar they are. Humans ONLY evolved/adapted hair color and eye color etc and mentally. So I am arguing for creationism, and I am saying that humans evolved. But what I disagree with is that humans evolved from monkeys. Understand?

Have you ever thought of that?

Flag Post

@tenco1

Humans are not animals, but they did evolve.

Even though humans fit all the scientific qualification of being an animal.

Creation involves evolving.

No it doesn’t, creationism clearly states that everything was just created, there was no evolution involved.

God created the animals,plants, but he made the humans different.

Why?

Humans did not evolve from monkeys however similar they are.

I know, that’s why I didn’t say they evolved from monkeys.

But what I disagree with is that humans evolved from monkeys.

And I do too, because they did not evolve from monkeys, but instead from Chimpanzees.

Have you ever thought of that?

No, because those ideas contradict each other.

Flag Post
    Originally posted by tenco1:

Well obviously, that’s because they evolved from Chimpanzees.

As far as I understand it that’s not true. We share a common ancestor, we didn’t evolve from chimpanzees.

But I AM more interested in talking about evolution at the moment.

Fair enough. I asked a college teacher and he said that evolution is real, and creationism is not. Your move.