Creation vs. Evolution page 30

763 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by NaturalReject:

As far as I understand it that’s not true. We share a common ancestor, we didn’t evolve from chimpanzees.

Stupid Ginko leaves not existing in my diet.

Flag Post

The first humans as far as we understand were either black or arabic. We started in northern Africa / the middle east, where the earliest settlements were, and as biologists are well aware, black skin is a melamine pigmentation adaption to long term exposure to sunlight as you move closer to the equator, and the atmospheric UV filters thin out.

White skin with its low melamine content is a genetic adaptation to colder climates where resistance to damage from long-term exposure to sunlight is far less of a concern.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

As far as I understand it that’s not true. We share a common ancestor, we didn’t evolve from chimpanzees.

Stupid Ginko leaves not existing in my diet.

Bitches be like. Oh hey tenco, you so slim, are you on a nonexisting diet?

Flag Post

It should be abundantly clear that god made all of creation for man. For what reason would hundreds of billions of galaxies exist, each in themselves containing hundreds of billions of stars, if not for our viewing pleasure? Well, other than the additional untold billions of galaxies outside our observable universe, of course. Why wouldn’t our planet, our insignificant dot out of the billions of trillions of dots in the universe, be God’s main creation? Why wouldn’t the entire universe be made for the benefit of one of the millions of species on that dot? Or just the followers of one of the thousands of religions practiced by that species? After all, they have a book.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnRulz:

It should be abundantly clear that god made all of creation for man. For what reason would hundreds of billions of galaxies exist, each in themselves containing hundreds of billions of stars, if not for our viewing pleasure? Well, other than the additional untold billions of galaxies outside our observable universe, of course. Why wouldn’t our planet, our insignificant dot out of the billions of trillions of dots in the universe, be God’s main creation? Why wouldn’t the entire universe be made for the benefit of one of the millions of species on that dot? Or just the followers of one of the thousands of religions practiced by that species? After all, they have a book.

AMEN!!!

I now think you are the sexiest person on Serious Discussion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ZombiestookmyTV:

The second definition of animal…

any such living thing other than a human being.

:3 In your face.

Human as a noun

Animal as a noun

Let’s check some real dictionaries.

Merriam-Webster English Dictionary

Entry 1 – Definition 2 : a “one of the lower animals as distinguished from human beings” - This implies that humans are classified as ‘higher animals’. This is essentially what the definition that you cited was saying, although it was poorly worded.

Entry 1 – Example 4 : “Fish, birds, insects, reptiles, mammals, and human beings are all animals.” - It’s hard to be any clearer than that.

Oxford English Dictionaries

Entry 1 – Example 2 : “humans are the only animals who weep” - Also pretty straightforward

My purpose in showing this isn’t to dissuade you from your beliefs. It’s just to demonstrate that today, in the English language, “animal” encompasses all living things with a nervous system, and then some. That doesn’t mean that humans are identical to animals, because “animals” is so broad that very few “animals” are very similar to one another anyways. With this in mind, be aware that being animals doesn’t make us any less human. This doesn’t contradict the bible in any way.

Flag Post

I’m losing brain cells being here. To separate humans from the kingdom animalia is absurd, especially if only for the arrogant purpose of believing you to be the only ‘intelligent’ species. Respectable scientists (and people with any sense) are not going to completely destroy taxonomy with an exception that would bring us further back in progress. We have already proven that humans have evolved from a previous ancestor! There is no reason to deny it besides arrogance. Much like how it was impossible to convince people that the earth circled the sun, or that the earth changes, (Shocker!) the arrogance of separating man as being a special exception, the center of the entire universe, is just another brick in the wall. I can’t wait for the future…

Flag Post

No, I asked a college Biology teacher and she said that HUMANS are not ANIMALS.

Then they need sacking as they are clearly incompetent. Every biologist should know that Homo sapien belongs to the kingdom of Animalia

I am pretty sure this poster is a troll and we should all just ignore it’s moronic flawed arguments and move on with our lives

Flag Post

You only need to look at the way we copulate and fight to figure out we’re mere animals. Oh wait, most animals don’t kill each other if they’re of the same species. I.e., we’re lower than animals in some aspects.

Creationism is the epitome of narcissism, its ideology is not only baseless but it creates a sense of egotism within each of its believers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Oh wait, most animals don’t kill each other if they’re of the same species.

Citation needed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Oh wait, most animals don’t kill each other if they’re of the same species.

Citation needed.

Not needed. It’s false. Lots of animals commit murder of their own species. Many animals cannibalize. Why make this up? All you need to do is watch animal planet for a day to figure this out.

Flag Post

AMEN!!!

First, to counter JohnRulz; If there was a God who was fully in control, why wouldnt he create more habitable planets so he has more species to follow Him on the path of good?
It’s much more likely, that because there is a small percentage of a planet becoming inhabitable, that we are the only planet in our solar system with life on it; due to evolution.

Second, ZombiestookmyTV, don’t bootlick unless you want a boot in your butt. If you approve of something, add additional reasons why you think the person is right. If you have nothing important to say, dont say anything at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by hangman95:

Second, ZombiestookmyTV, don’t bootlick unless you want a boot in your butt. If you approve of something, add additional reasons why you think the person is right. If you have nothing important to say, dont say anything at all.

Well that and John was being sarcastic and pointing out why it’s stupid to assume our place in the universe given how big it is.

Flag Post

Well that and John was being sarcastic and pointing out why it’s stupid to assume our place in the universe given how big it is.

Oh, it was sarcasm? Sorry, I see ALOT of stupid religious people who say shit like that and are serious. Sarcasm really doesnt work well when you talk about religion, cuz you very well may be serious. I mean, there was a time when people who thought a man pulling the sun across the sky was a serious notion. Religion, Logic and Sarcasm dont mix.

Flag Post

You couldn’t tell my post was sarcastic? Because I thought it was pretty clear. Especially given that I have told you before that I am atheist. I mean, here is earth from the edge of the solar system:

That is only 3.7 billion miles away. The observable universe stretches out over 70 trillion times further than that. And that isn’t even the entire universe. And you honestly think the entire universe was made for the inhabitants of that one pale blue dot.

Flag Post

You couldn’t tell my post was sarcastic? Because I thought it was pretty clear. Especially given that I have told you before that I am atheist. I mean, here is earth from the edge of the solar system:

That is only 3.7 billion miles away. The observable universe stretches out over 70 trillion times further than that. And that isn’t even the entire universe.

I could tell you were quoting Sagan when you used the term ‘insignificant dot’ This goes along with my argument as well. This is such a great series to watch if you want to re-gain hope for rational humanity.

Flag Post

Oh, it was sarcasm? Sorry, I see ALOT of stupid religious people who say shit like that and are serious. Sarcasm really doesnt work well when you talk about religion, cuz you very well may be serious. I mean, there was a time when people who thought a man pulling the sun across the sky was a serious notion. Religion, Logic and Sarcasm dont mix.

Reading it probably would have corrected your misunderstandings.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

Second,attempt stookmyTV, don’t bootlick unless you want a boot in your butt. If you approve of something, add additional reasons why you think the person is right. If you have nothing important to say, dont say anything at all.

Reading it probably would have corrected your misunderstandings.

Trolling attempt spotted… It was an honest mistake, let it go…. I could have misread if it wasn’t johnrulz who posted the particular post in question. well the last sentence did give it away…

Flag Post

oh yeah, because the second sentence didn’t give it away, eh? seriously, just the idea that you wo’ldn’t recognise the sarcasm is mindboggling nad…very telling of just how ridiculous some people’s mindsets must be…

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

oh yeah, because the second sentence didn’t give it away, eh? seriously, just the idea that you wo’ldn’t recognise the sarcasm is mindboggling nad…very telling of just how ridiculous some people’s mindsets must be…

Too bad you don’t see others pov… It was ridiculous to think people can fly to the moon, it was ridiculous that earth is anything other than being flat… Narrow scope of mind restricts progression.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aneslayer:

Too bad you don’t see others pov… It was ridiculous to think people can fly to the moon, it was ridiculous that earth is anything other than being flat… Narrow scope of mind restricts progression.

No one believed the earth was flat except 19th century quacks. There was never any kind of actual scientific debate over it.

In any case I’m not seeing how not bothering to read all the way through a paragraph makes someone openminded (let alone progressive), or calling them on it makes them closeminded / a troll. By all means, argue the point if you want, but spare me the bite-sized aphorisms.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aneslayer:

No one believed the earth was flat except 19th century quacks. There was never any kind of actual scientific debate over it.

In any case I’m not seeing how not bothering to read all the way through a paragraph makes someone openminded (let alone progressive), or calling them on it makes them closeminded / a troll. By all means, argue the point if you want, but spare me the bite-sized aphorisms.

If that is your logic and your justification, I have that prerogative to point out as well.

To enjoy the view of a thousands flowers, you have to gain access to that view.

Flag Post

No scientific debate does not mean no one believed it. There is zero scientific debate over creationism, global warming, vaccination, etc. but there are tons of people that will argue the contrary (as this thread proves well).

Flag Post

The entire last three pages seem idiotic to me. Whether the the word ‘animal’ encompass mankind is completely unrelated to the conversation. It has no effect on whether or not evolution exists. ZombiestookmyTV’s argument seems to be, humans are not animals, so humans didn’t come from animals, but this statement has no validity behind it. It’s like saying, “I am not my mother, therefor I did not come from my mother.”

Flag Post

Darkscanner, when people are arguing a subject and all human-known facts point toward only one of the two sides being correct, it is inevitable that the side without facts backing it will resort to topic diversion and ultimately ad hominem.

Also, let’s remember all that gravity is “just a theory” as well. I can thus conclude for the creationist side that gravity is not real as the Bible doesn’t talk about it.