U.S. Presidential Election page 32 (locked)

1843 posts

Flag Post

Third Party.

Flag Post
On the bright side, wouldn’t it be great if Romney killed himself by opening a window? I hope he does.

Stay classy.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

I, for one, would prefer one person to die (Romney) rather than hundreds of thousands, if not millions (war with Iran). Say what you want, but I care about human lives.

Moderators, please flag this post. This is the reason why we cannot have civil discourse because far leftists always threaten others. Stop going off speculation, it’s wrong. I could just as easily point out that Obama lead to most of the deaths in the Afghanistan war because of he surged troops there. Very despicable. You are still ignored and I think you know why.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darear:

I, for one, would prefer one person to die (Romney) rather than hundreds of thousands, if not millions (war with Iran). Say what you want, but I care about human lives.

Moderators, please flag this post. This is the reason why we cannot have civil discourse because far leftists always threaten others. Stop going off speculation, it’s wrong. I could just as easily point out that Obama lead to most of the deaths in the Afghanistan war because of he surged troops there. Very despicable. You are still ignored and I think you know why.

I hate to say it but I agree with most of what you said. I’m annoyed that no one seems to have read my post about Romney joking when he made the plane window comment. There are plenty of reasons Romney is an imperfect presidential candidate without making stuff up.

Flag Post

Moderators, please flag this post.

That’s not how it works.

This is the reason why we cannot have civil discourse because far leftists always threaten others.

Yeah, it might be because I don’t actively check for death threats in people’s posts, but I didn’t really see anything that could constitute as a threat. (At least nothing greater than what I see a few on the right say.)

Stop going off speculation, it’s wrong.

Again, I don’t really see him speculating any more than some conservatives.

I could just as easily point out that Obama lead to most of the deaths in the Afghanistan war because of he surged troops there.

Then why don’t you?

Very despicable. You are still ignored and I think you know why.

Alright, you’re just trying to be hyppocritical, aren’t you?

Flag Post

Moderators, please flag this post. This is the reason why we cannot have civil discourse because far leftists always threaten others.

I liked you better when you weren’t around. Just FLAG THE POST. Don’t give us your usual annoying commentary.

mm. Utilitarian calculations aside, neither leader has proven to have the cajones to slap Israel down. Obama’s only slightly better because if the military spending gets cut, the US won’t be able to join in the latest mid-east adventure. There’ll be war regardless of who gets elected, unless Iran’s revolutionary guard steps up and deposes Ahmadinejad…but i still can’t see them giving up the nuclear programme, just hiding it a little more carefully.

Flag Post

Both will support Israel when they attack Iran. And no, you don’t care about human life when you wish longingly for one to end. Again, stay classy.

I’d rather have one political leader not be alive than the deaths of hundreds of thousands of human beings.

That’s the kind of talk that brings the Secret Service to your door should you ever become an American.

Q: Would it be worth going to war to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon?

Romney: This is Pres. Obama’s greatest failing, from a foreign policy standpoint, which is he recognized the gravest threat that America faced was a nuclear Iran and he did not do what was necessary to get Iran to be dissuaded from their nuclear folly. What he should have done is speak out when dissidents took the streets and say, “America is with you.” And work on a covert basis to encourage the dissidents. #2, he should have put in place crippling sanctions against Iran. Finally, the president should have built credible threat of military action, and made it very clear that the US is willing, in the final analysis, if necessary, to take military action to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon. Look, one thing you can know: if we reelect Barack Obama, Iran will have a nuclear weapon. And if we elect Mitt Romney, if you’d like me as the next president, they will not have a nuclear weapon.

There is going to be a war regardless if the US gets involved. If Iran (and perhaps before if Bibi’s UN speech is anything to go by) gets a nuke, Israel will attack. I’d rather have the US support a stable and our only real Middle Eastern ally than sit on the sidelines and allow a bloody, bloody war. You, as a dawning utilitarian, should recognize stifling Iran now saves far more bloodshed than if we allow them to become more and more powerful.

These tactics are very similar to the propaganda used successfully for the Iraq war. “They have nuclear weapons.” If that is true, SO WHAT—so does America, Japan, North Korea, the UK, Israel, France, etc. Also, there is little to no verifiable proof of nuclear weapons there.

1) North Korea can’t build a missile that can 17 feet – it doesn’t have nukes.

2) So it’s Bush’s fault that the intel brought to the UN was faulty – got it.

Iran is not going to nuke Israel or America or anyone.

Based on?

Israel is much more of a threat to Iran than vice versa, especially since Israel can easily annihilate most of Iran.

Iran wants to eliminate all Jews from the face of the Earth. Israel wants to save their people’s lives. It’s a bit of a difference between their philosophies that you’re glossing over.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:<

Romney: This is Pres. Obama’s greatest failing, from a foreign policy standpoint, which is he recognized the gravest threat that America faced was a nuclear Iran and he did not do what was necessary to get Iran to be dissuaded from their nuclear folly. What he should have done is speak out when dissidents took the streets and say, “America is with you.” And work on a covert basis to encourage the dissidents. #2, he should have put in place crippling sanctions against Iran. Finally, the president should have built credible threat of military action, and made it very clear that the US is willing, in the final analysis, if necessary, to take military action to keep Iran from having a nuclear weapon. Look, one thing you can know: if we reelect Barack Obama, Iran will have a nuclear weapon. And if we elect Mitt Romney, if you’d like me as the next president, they will not have a nuclear weapon.

Source: 2011 debate in South Carolina on Foreign Policy , Nov 12, 2011.

seems I owe you an apology. also about those crippling sanctions against Iran Romney didn’t think existed… seems we just now got some strong evidence that Romney was wrong:
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/04/world/middleeast/clashes-reported-in-tehran-as-riot-police-target-money-changers.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/05/world/middleeast/iranians-offer-9-step-plan-to-end-nuclear-crisis.html?ref=global-home
keep in mind Romney said this last year. and this news is from TODAY.

Originally posted by issendorf:
Iran wants to eliminate all Jews from the face of the Earth. Israel wants to save their people’s lives. It’s a bit of a difference between their philosophies that you’re glossing over.

issendorf thanks for saying that. far too many people point to the blood being spilled by Israel and see it as the aggressor despite the fact it has enemies that will not settle for anything less then it’s total destruction.
Originally posted by issendorf:
1) North Korea can’t build a missile that can [fly] 17 feet – it doesn’t have nukes.

You’re wrong about north Korea not having nukes. weather or not it has the technology(planes/rockets) to deploy them however is an issue I don’t know about.

Flag Post

That’s the kind of talk that brings the Secret Service to your door should you ever become an American.

Probably a little off-topic, but if that’s the case, then I’m not so sure about freedom of speech any more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lock_of_fear:
You’re wrong about north Korea not having nukes. weather or not it has the technology(planes/rockets) to deploy them however is an issue I don’t know about.

Whilst it is possible although implausible they might have been given a nuclear warhead, they do indeed lack a delivery method. At best they could perhaps deliver into the border with South Korea, killing many of their own in the process. They lack delivery vehicles capable of reaching as far away as Japan, let alone intercontinental capability.

The most likely method of delivery they have, is by road.

Flag Post

Obama’s failures and broken promises:
Unemployment above 8% for 42 weeks in a row, 9% unemployment on average, 15% real unemployment.
Added $5.3 trillion in the national debt in only 4 years. (By comparison, Bush had 6% unemployment on average and added $4 trillion in 8 years)
Obamacare is now Obamatax being levied on the middle class.
The $800 billion dollar stimulus failed to create jobs, just added to the debt.
1 in 6 Americans are in poverty.
46 million Americans on food stamps.
Nearly 50% or half the country’s population is on some sort of entitlement or welfare.
The median income level of middle class families in America has depreciated by about $4,000.
CBO estimates we’re headed for another recession next year.
The auto bail out’s final tally is still unaccounted for, not knowing how much money tax payers had to fund for the bail out.
Non-union workers got a 70% decrease in their pensions, while union workers got a 100% increased in pensions at the Delphi region in Ohio.
The stimulus money was dispersed and outsourced to other countries.
Green energy businesses like Solyndra were subsidized then went bankrupt.
Did not close Guantanamo bay.
Obama surged troops in Afghanistan.
Obama authorized drone strikes and got innocent people killed.
Obama authorized unlawful bombings and military actions without congressional approval which got innocent people killed.
The administration failed to stregthen the security of the U.S. embassies overseas before the 9/11 attack which ended in the death of Libyan Ambassador Christopher Stevens and four American lives in what is now known as “Benghazi-gate.”
Obama’s white house trumped up charges that bin Laden was armed to make Obama appear stronger. Not mentioning the intelligence work started under Bush via the CIA, FBI, the SEALs and the Dept. of Homeland Security.
Obama has done nothing about Syria.
“CBO real Truth Team, Unemployment rate 15 percent, Obama deficits, 1.2 trillion 2012, Obamacare costs rise and causes millions to lose employer insurance”
http://citizenwells.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/cbo-real-truth-team-unemployment-rate-15-percent-obama-deficits-1-2-trillion-2012-obamacare-costs-rise-and-causes-millions-to-lose-employer-insurance/

These are the facts. Obama never deserved to be president the first time, nor even a Senator.

Obama’s inexperience on the economy was clearly shown. Mitt Romney clearly beat him in the debate. I cannot fathom anyone even considering voting for Obama again.

P.S. Don’t comment to me unless it’s positive because I won’t be responding to some of you…

Flag Post

Obama never deserved to be president the first time

Why is that?

I cannot fathom anyone even considering voting for Obama again.

Perhaps they do not shove all of your listed “failures” to Obama and/or are more worried about other prospects of their plans. I think you’re also focusing too much on “Obama has promised this and failed”. It would have been a great case if he promised something and did the opposite, but trying and failing is a lot less of a negative case for him.

Romney is not comparable. He has not been a president. The only reason you are saying one should vote for Romney is because you don’t want to vote for Obama.

Flag Post
Programs the new Republican House has proposed cutting. I'm wondering, what is all of this doing in the budget in the first place? Notice Social Security and the military aren't on this list.

Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.

Save America's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.

International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.

Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.

National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.

National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.

Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.

Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.

Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in the last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.

U.S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.

Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings.

Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.

John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.

Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.

Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.

Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings

Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.

Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.

Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.

Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings.

Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.

Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.

New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.

Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and their historical trading partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings

Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.

Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.

Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.

Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.

Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.

Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings.

Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings.

Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.

Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.

U.S. Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings.

General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings.

Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.

Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years.

No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.

End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.

Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.

IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.

Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings.

Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.

Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.

Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.

Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.

Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings

Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.

USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.

Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.

Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.

Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.

Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings.

HUD Ph.D. Program.

Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.

Total Saving -- $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

Flag Post

These tactics are very similar to the propaganda used successfully for the Iraq war. “They have nuclear weapons.” If that is true, SO WHAT—so does America, Japan, North Korea, the UK, Israel, France, etc. Also, there is little to no verifiable proof of nuclear weapons there. Secondly, is that enough of a reason to let hundreds of thousands of people be killed in a war? Iran is not going to nuke Israel or America or anyone. Moreover, all the subtle military threats by Israel to Iran are completely and utterly ignored by the American media. Israel is much more of a threat to Iran than vice versa, especially since Israel can easily annihilate most of Iran.

The idea of nuclear weapons in the hands of a madman doesn’t appeal to me as much as it does to you apparently. However, I think the solution is simple (in words, not reality). Special Ops and sabotage, as has been going on is probably a highly effective way to deal with Iran.

Flag Post
Samuel L. Jackson has stated he voted for Obama because of his skin color. That is wrong and racist.

Yeah, I don’t see the connection there, or at least with the layman understanding for the term.

Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

The idea of nuclear weapons in the hands of a madman doesn’t appeal to me as much as it does to you apparently.

And what would they do with it, exactly?

However, I think the solution is simple (in words, not reality). Special Ops and sabotage, as has been going on is probably a highly effective way to deal with Iran.

I seriously suspect the practicality of that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:
Samuel L. Jackson has stated he voted for Obama because of his skin color. That is wrong and racist.

Yeah, I don’t see the connection there, or at least with the layman understanding for the term.

Originally posted by BobTheCoolGuy:

The idea of nuclear weapons in the hands of a madman doesn’t appeal to me as much as it does to you apparently.

And what would they do with it, exactly?

However, I think the solution is simple (in words, not reality). Special Ops and sabotage, as has been going on is probably a highly effective way to deal with Iran.

I seriously suspect the practicality of that.

Presumably launch it with one of these. Also, we’ve already had Stuxnet and maybe sabotage

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

You want to put the man who thinks you should be able to open windows on aeroplanes in charge of your country?

You’re saying that as if it were a bad thing? On the bright side, wouldn’t it be great if Romney killed himself by opening a window? I hope he does. It will also prevent any chance of a war with Iran and we also won’t have Romney bragging about how well he managed the 2002 Olympics to mayors of cities that also hosted the Olympics, causing the mayors to permanently hate Romney.

You wish Romney dead? Are you serious? This is something no one has said about anyone or any politician for as long as I have been on this forum. The funny part is you aren’t even from this country. Geez, grow up.

Flag Post

Please don’t post this kind of crap anymore. It is childish. I can’t stand Obama as president, but I surly do not wish harm to him.

Flag Post

The president of Iran has no power to direct foreign policy. Only the ayatollahs can give the order to launch nukes, and yeah, they’re crazy islamists, but they’re not suicidal. They remember the eight year war with Iraq just after the revolution. They must know how much worse it would be with Israel / US. For the past few decades, Iran’s preferred cloak and dagger stuff, like funding terrorist groups, and also the stuff Bob mentioned above. The only reason they let ahmadinejad talk so freely is because they’re vying for regional power with Saudi Arabia and Israel, and mainly just Saudi. Really, Ahmadinejad can talk all he wants to, but it’s just sabre rattling – something, which as Jaume pointed out, they do a lot of in the mideast.

Anyway, HE’S certainly not crazy – don’t you guys know a troll when you see one?

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:
Originally posted by dd790:

You want to put the man who thinks you should be able to open windows on aeroplanes in charge of your country?

You’re saying that as if it were a bad thing? On the bright side, wouldn’t it be great if Romney killed himself by opening a window? I hope he does. It will also prevent any chance of a war with Iran and we also won’t have Romney bragging about how well he managed the 2002 Olympics to mayors of cities that also hosted the Olympics, causing the mayors to permanently hate Romney.

You wish Romney dead? Are you serious? This is something no one has said about anyone or any politician for as long as I have been on this forum. The funny part is you aren’t even from this country. Geez, grow up.

This is news to me… You’re a foreigner JaumeBG, you are entitled to talk about American politics but you’re not entitled to threaten anyone including politicians and you certainly don’t know a damn thing about American politics so I’d suggest you be quiet with your petty threats. It always infuriates me how foreigners think themselves above American politics as all knowing yet they only receive biased information from liberal sources and base their opinion off of that.

I’d suggest you stick to the other topics or your own country’s politics if you’re going to act this way.

Flag Post

Yes, those damn foreigners. How dare they pretend to know anything about US politics, or make hypothetical arguments on an internet game forum! Dastardly!

I love how a lot of the conservative here seem to think Jaume committed some kind of crime. Before you make a big stink (ah, shit, too late), maybe you should reread what he said. It’s a far cry from a threat.