Animal Rights page 3

246 posts

Flag Post

interesting , because i know many carnivores are on the endangered list ,so i was just wondering what would be the proper procedure.

Flag Post

I am making assumptions here, but I would see a capture and trip to a zoo or other “safe” environment being the only recourse. Most critically endangered animals are taken into captivity for breeding and whatnot.

Flag Post

I do not believe that eating animals is wrong, because humans are naturally omnivores, and in nature animals do kill other species: it’s a fact of life. However, killing an animal for no reason, or torturing it, is cruel. Pets are put down if they have a disability, where as humans aren’t. Though I suppose that a human should actually have the right to be “put down” if they may have to go through a terribly painful operation to save their life. Keeping animals in zoos, unless it is to save the species, is terrible. Imagine if you were locked in your room for your entire life, with people coming to gawp by the windows, and having practically no entertainment at all. Although I do not disaprove of eating meat, killing animals in obscene manners to turn them into to meat is intolerable. I wish slaughter house workers could just shoot them or kill them in another quick and almost painless way. In some places creatures are cut in half while they are still alive-which isn’t right.

Flag Post

[post deleted]

Flag Post

I am not a vegetarian anyway. And Dappie, imagine if you saw humans being ripped apart, screaming in agony. And anyway, why can’t people just kill animals quickly, and then cut them up? The taste would be basically exactly the same, and they wouldn’t have to suffer as much.

Flag Post

And Dappie, imagine if you saw humans being ripped apart, screaming in agony.

I would continue doing it. Then move on to the next person.

However, killing an animal for no reason, or torturing it, is cruel.

So? Lots of things are cruel. It makes no difference to me whether it is cruel or not.

Keeping animals in zoos, unless it is to save the species, is terrible.

Again, so? Lots of things are terrible. It makes no difference to me whether it is terrible or not.

killing animals in obscene manners to turn them into to meat is intolerable.

Then we won’t do it to turn them into meat, just to kill them.

I wish slaughter house workers could just shoot them or kill them in another quick and almost painless way.

I wish I had a million pounds… Nope. Oh well!

In some places creatures are cut in half while they are still alive-which isn’t right.

Oh no it’s not “right”! Save us all!

I really couldn’t care less if you think it’s right or not.

And anyway, why can’t people just kill animals quickly, and then cut them up?

Booooring!

The taste would be basically exactly the same, and they wouldn’t have to suffer as much.

Exactly. No suffering for the animals? We can’t have that.

Flag Post

pmr,

I have actually thought about this. Animals (birds, ants, everything) have feelings!

Flag Post

check out my closly-related topic:

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/9/topics/29902

Instead of animals, it’s KIDS rights.

Flag Post

Keeping animals in zoos, unless it is to save the species, is terrible. Imagine if you were locked in your room for your entire life, with people coming to gawp by the windows, and having practically no entertainment at all.

This is what I would have said:

Keeping animals in zoos, unless it is to save the species, is terrible. Imagine if you were locked in your room for your entire life, with gigantic monsters coming to gawp by the windows, and having practically no entertainment at all. Plus, you sometimes would have to do tricks for them! And, (even though this is against zoo rules) the monsters would sometimes poke you or tap on the windows. They might even give you the core of an apple!

Flag Post

killing animals in obscene manners to turn them into to meat is intolerable.

Then we won’t do it to turn them into meat, just to kill them.

THAT is the problem. It’s slightly okay if we kill animals for food; it’s not okay to just kill animals!

Flag Post

RMcD, if you really think that way, I feel both sorry for you and angered. And what the hell do you mean, if you saw a person being ripped apart, you would move on to somebody else being killed? You must have pyschological problems to really think that.

Flag Post

I would continue doing it.

Yeah, ok big guy. You would crap your pants and curl up into a fetal position, crying. Since we are being honest here, right.

That, or you have a severe personality disorder. Perhaps I will get to treat you in the future, how fun that will be!

Flag Post

Some idiotic people say “Animals kill for fun, why shouldn’t we kill them for fun?” Animals do not have choices. When they kill it is either for food, defence, etc. The human species is naturally wrong. No other species in the world kills its own kind, unless it is for defence, or whatever. There is no such thing as an animal that is evil-that is biologically impossible.

Flag Post

The human species is naturally wrong.

no naturally it is ok, but once we evolved to self awareness, that is when our thoughts may become corrupt

Flag Post

Fair enough. I should have chosen my words more carefully. Does anyone know why my small posts keep taking up more space than they should?

Flag Post

Does anyone know why my small posts keep taking up more space than they should?

blame the government

Flag Post

Yeah, ok big guy. You would crap your pants and curl up into a fetal position, crying. Since we are being honest here, right.
That, or you have a severe personality disorder.

I’d guess the severe personality disorder.

And what the hell do you mean, if you saw a person being ripped apart, you would move on to somebody else being killed?

Saint got it. I meant I would continue ripping them apart.

Some idiotic people say “Animals kill for fun, why shouldn’t we kill them for fun?”

Animals don’t kill for fun. Let’s kill them for fun. Better.

Keeping animals in zoos, unless it is to save the species, is terrible. Imagine if you were locked in your room for your entire life, with gigantic monsters coming to gawp by the windows, and having practically no entertainment at all. Plus, you sometimes would have to do tricks for them! And, (even though this is against zoo rules) the monsters would sometimes poke you or tap on the windows. They might even give you the core of an apple!

Since I can comphrend what it is happening I would study them. And try and copy what they are saying. What they find offensive and what not. As soon as I’ve worked this out I’ll begin spewing it out at what appears to be their children. And see how the parents react. :D

The human species is naturally wrong. No other species in the world kills its own kind, unless it is for defence, or whatever.

Doesn’t make it wrong. And Lions go ahead and kill young just to have their own young not some other lions…

There is no such thing as an animal that is evil-that is biologically impossible.

We are animals. And of course. We are deciding what is evil or not. If we said being alive was evil then there you go.

Flag Post

I’d guess you have never seen something authentically traumatic.

And what the hell do you mean, if you saw a person being ripped apart, you would move on to somebody else being killed?

RMcD is our local internet “tough guy”. He says off-the-wall things like this a lot, feel free to ignore it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SaintAjora:

RMcD is our local internet “tough guy”. He says off-the-wall things like this a lot, feel free to ignore it.

I want to kill someone at one point in my life. It is just one of the experiences I want to do. I do not think I am tough. I run from fights. I am not strong, I doubt I will ever be.

I’m not sure what you define as traumatic. Funerals? Is seeing someone who you love in a hospital bed on tehir way to their death bed traumatic enough?

Flag Post

Seeing someone actually die, since that is the current target of your bravado.

Flag Post

So seeing someone 8 hours before they die doesn’t qualify? I can’t help it if someone dies outside visiting hours at 4 in the morning.

So no I have not. Prescisely why I want to kill someone (amoung other reasons).

Flag Post

So seeing someone 8 hours before they die doesn’t qualify?

It has it’s own special significance, but it is not the same. I would think this is common sense. Keep in mind that based on your statements about actively killing, this has nothing to do with people quietly dying.

Prescisely why I want to kill someone

This is not a very compelling reason. Still this makes things easy for the police, as whatever you do is clearly premeditated. Enjoy your jail time resulting from a pointless and childish exercise.

Flag Post

This is not a very compelling reason. Still this makes things easy for the police, as whatever you do is clearly premeditated. Enjoy your jail time resulting from a pointless and childish exercise.

I. Am. Not. Going. To. Jail.

Why do you keep thinking I will let the police take me over death?

Also, you think I’d put them reasons up in course. Also, I plan on just stabbing someone while wearing gloves late at night in glasgow or something.

Flag Post

Why do you think I care?

Anyway this is wandering off topic, go brag on myspace or something.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SaintAjora:

Why do you think I care?

Anyway this is wandering off topic, go brag on myspace or something.

I do not go on myspace. Main reason is the password thing has a limit too short for the password I use. And I’ll be darned if I’m going to change it.