Terrorism and the TSA page 6

172 posts

Flag Post

No, I left them to worry about it. To be honest, I’m not overly worried about the plane I’m on blowing up.

Flag Post

How irresponsible!
He might have been a Muslim! You know, the guys you said you’re at war with and that should be checked at security checkpoints for carrying weapons due to being Muslims.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:
a fella sitting about 6 chairs away was wearing his towel (I don’t know what they are called).

Turban.

Flag Post

If we were at war with the Micky Mouse Club and all of the enemy were meeces (Mice), why would we check a 3 year old child and an old woman in a wheelchair? Wouldn’t you look for the meeces?

1. Why wouldn’t you check anyone else (not specifically children or old people)? Anyone could be a terrorist, and a good point was brought up about the fact that terrorists could still hide their stuff with old people or children.
2. Only a small part of muslims are actual terrorists. A muslim shouldn’t be punished just because he happens to share his religion with a couple of lunatics. It is, by definition, discrimination.

Flag Post

Just an interesting video from recent news in Orlando: TSA Agent Found With ABC IPad: Brian Ross Blotter Investigation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

How irresponsible!
He might have been a Muslim! You know, the guys you said you’re at war with and that should be checked at security checkpoints for carrying weapons due to being Muslims.

Not really. You see, I’m not as afraid of them as some are. That and I betting he didn’t have to go through the same security and my wife and I did and if I said something, they would probably arrested us. It did seem odd he didn’t have any carry on. Maybe he had exploding underwear. :)

We are at war with them, maybe not all of them, but it is their religion and ethnic race that we are fighting. Because of the circumstances, it just seems logical they would be the ones to concentrate on. not the little kids and old women.

I applaud Texas for standing up to the TSA and disallowing the fondling of children.

Flag Post

We are at war with them, maybe not all of them, but it is their religion and ethnic race that we are fighting.

Religious wars are just peachy, aren’t they?

Because of the circumstances, it just seems logical they would be the ones to concentrate on. not the little kids and old women.

Except that’s textbook discrimination.

Flag Post

Tenco, if you can’t find your car keys, do you look for your telephone so as not to discriminate against the keys?

Flag Post

Tenco, if you can’t find your car keys, do you look for your telephone so as not to discriminate against the keys?

The thing about that (horrible) analogy, though, is that those are inanimate objects, not people.

Flag Post

Sometimes, you cannot be politically correct and have to use logic to protect yourself. I’m not going to shoot the neighbors dog because the other neighbor backed into my truck, just to so I don’t hurt the first neighbors feelings.

Flag Post

https://www.europol.europa.eu/sites/default/files/publications/tesat2007.pdf our main treat is nationalism not muslim terrorism. There are far more small nationalistic attacks then there are muslim attacks. It’s just that the muslims are funded by the drug industry and therefor have more money to make bigger attacks if they stike. There are also a lot of left wing and anarchistic attacks(Within the EU 1 muslim attack happend in 206. 424 seperarist 55 left wing 1 right wing and 17 other (right wing typically being classed as extremeism not terrorism). So are you by any chance a separist? Or do you have any anti governement feelings? That they are right to search you accoding to these statitics.

Flag Post

Nope, not a separatist. I’m getting to a point where I feel no love for government and I distrust everything they have done for a while now. No, I do not think they have the right to search and seize your property, unless you are found guilty in a court of law.

Article IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Flag Post

Article IV
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Few things, though, first, there is probable cause that someone would bring something that could be dangerous on board the plane, whether or not they meant to is a different matter. Second, they are affirming that they can be searched when they enter the building and get ready to go on the plane, just like how when you are under the rules and regulations of a website when you agree to their tems of service.

Flag Post

Good points. One thing is missing. Probable cause is supposed to be supported by Oath or Affirmation. I believe that would be a court authorized warrant. Talk to you later. That new computer kicked my butt. I will have to get my son up here.

Flag Post

I agree.

We should consider all muslims to be terrorists until proven otherwise.

I mean, wasn’t America founded on the principle of “guilty until proven innocent”?

But, why should we stop with muslims?

Hitler was white.

Shouldn’t we therefor assume that all white people are nazis until proven otherwise?

Flag Post

Nope, not a separatist. I’m getting to a point where I feel no love for government and I distrust everything they have done for a while now. No, I do not think they have the right to search and seize your property, unless you are found guilty in a court of law.

One: I would say he is already a mild form of “separatist”. He already is “getting to the point” of being SEPARATE from those who do trust the govt. enough to yet allow it to govern them. What would be next for him…on a slippery slope? It certainly sounds like he’s “slipping” a little ATM.

Two: They have the right to “search” via a warrant issued by a judge (of a court) if probable cause is indicated,,,the “guilty” could well come later because of same probable. Seizure happens if a law is broken—guilt to be ascertained later—when a person is ONLY arrested on high suspicion of being drunk and their car is “seized” by towing it to impound. And, yes….I fully understand such seizure is only temporary. AND, maybe one could consider taxes as a seizure of money by govt.?

Sometimes, you cannot be politically correct and have to use logic to protect yourself.

We’re not talking about PC here. We’re talking about violations of ppl’s CIVIL RIGHTS.
“Civil Rights: rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. constitution and certain Congressional acts, especially as applied to an individual or a minority group.”

I’m not going to shoot the neighbors dog because the other neighbor backed into my truck, just to so I don’t hurt the first neighbors feelings.

Hmmmmm….interesting analogy. Trigger happy…maybe?

Flag Post

“shoot”? As opposed to what? “knife, run over, throw, cook, hang, kick, stab, shave, gut, tear, rip”…?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Retry:

“shoot”? As opposed to what? “knife, run over, throw, cook, hang, kick, stab, shave, gut, tear, rip”…?

It was a very “dumb” analogy in the first place.
THAT was my point.
AND, that shooting something—rather than slashing tires, shitting on their porch, & TP-ing their trees—seems like “the thing to do” is, yeah…“trigger happy”. Besides, I’m a very avid dog lover. AND, no…I don’t fuck dogs. That’s my neighbor.

But NOW, his analogy has been rendered even dumber by YOU.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

One: I would say he is already a mild form of “separatist”. He already is “getting to the point” of being SEPARATE from those who do trust the govt. enough to yet allow it to govern them. What would be next for him…on a slippery slope? It certainly sounds like he’s “slipping” a little ATM.

Two: They have the right to “search” via a warrant issued by a judge (of a court) if probable cause is indicated,,,the “guilty” could well come later because of same probable. Seizure happens if a law is broken—guilt to be ascertained later—when a person is ONLY arrested on high suspicion of being drunk and their car is “seized” by towing it to impound. And, yes….I fully understand such seizure is only temporary. AND, maybe one could consider taxes as a seizure of money by govt.?

Sometimes, you cannot be politically correct and have to use logic to protect yourself.

We’re not talking about PC here. We’re talking about violations of ppl’s CIVIL RIGHTS.
“Civil Rights: rights to personal liberty established by the 13th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. constitution and certain Congressional acts, especially as applied to an individual or a minority group.”

Ahhhh, I see. So in order to not violate the rights of the Muslims, we violate everyone else’s rights and let the Muslims go with out checks. Really? Violating peoples civil rights, except for the Muslim is not an answer. Yes, that is right, regular old Americans have civil rights too. We are not at war with grannies and as far as I know, my 3 year old granddaughter can’t even spell terrorist.

Flag Post

Ahhhh, I see. So in order to not violate the rights of the Muslims, we violate everyone else’s rights and let the Muslims go with out checks. Really? Violating peoples civil rights, except for the Muslim is not an answer. Yes, that is right, regular old Americans have civil rights too.

Did I say that? NO?
Is that the only way YOU are able to see such things? Obviously YES.
At least from the many adventures into inept, blind cognitive-mining ya’ve been doing on this forum.

BUT, I’m gonna bet a small portion of the farm and say: A three year old probably would very willingly carry on board a plane a very cute teddy bear given to her by a “nice woman”.

AND, granny? Hell, who knows what motivates old ppl? Someone could swtich out her husband’s ashes and put a bomb in the urn. Are ppl sooooo fucking stoooopid as to not know a few basic “tricks” on how to NOT BE OBVIOUS?

Flag Post

Ahhhh, I see. So in order to not violate the rights of the Muslims, we violate everyone else’s rights and let the Muslims go with out checks. Really?

I’m pretty sure no-one here ever said that. Well, except for you, but then again you come up with crazier things.

Violating peoples civil rights, except for the Muslim is not an answer.

Good thing too because no-one’s saying it is.

We are not at war with grannies and as far as I know, my 3 year old granddaughter can’t even spell terrorist.

Y’know, for how much you desperately cling on to that, it’s still not a very good argument when you think about it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Ahhhh, I see. So in order to not violate the rights of the Muslims, we violate everyone else’s rights and let the Muslims go with out checks. Really? Violating peoples civil rights, except for the Muslim is not an answer. Yes, that is right, regular old Americans have civil rights too.

Did I say that? NO?
Is that the only way YOU are able to see such things? Obviously YES.
At least from the many adventures into inept, blind cognitive-mining ya’ve been doing on this forum.

BUT, I’m gonna bet a small portion of the farm and say: A three year old probably would very willingly carry on board a plane a very cute teddy bear given to her by a “nice woman”.

AND, granny? Hell, who knows what motivates old ppl? Someone could swtich out her husband’s ashes and put a bomb in the urn. Are ppl sooooo fucking stoooopid as to not know a few basic “tricks” on how to NOT BE OBVIOUS?

LOL! You are really stretching there. I would doubt you could get close to my granddaughter without her mom or dad getting in the way. Mt mother will be 90 April 15 (yes that is a really bad day for a birthday) and doesn’t carry her husbands ashes around with her…he was buried. She doesn’t fly anymore for a couple of reasons, one being every time she went through security they always pulled her aside and fondled her. Every time. She is also in ill health and doesn’t get around much anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

Ahhhh, I see. So in order to not violate the rights of the Muslims, we violate everyone else’s rights and let the Muslims go with out checks. Really?

I’m pretty sure no-one here ever said that. Well, except for you, but then again you come up with crazier things.

Violating peoples civil rights, except for the Muslim is not an answer.

Good thing too because no-one’s saying it is.

We are not at war with grannies and as far as I know, my 3 year old granddaughter can’t even spell terrorist.

Y’know, for how much you desperately cling on to that, it’s still not a very good argument when you think about it.

I’m tired and it is the best I have tonight. Hard day at the house.

Flag Post

LOL! You are really stretching there. I would doubt you could get close to my granddaughter without her mom or dad getting in the way. Mt mother will be 90 April 15 (yes that is a really bad day for a birthday) and doesn’t carry her husbands ashes around with her…he was buried. She doesn’t fly anymore for a couple of reasons, one being every time she went through security they always pulled her aside and fondled her. Every time. She is also in ill health and doesn’t get around much anyway.

Because, as we all know, you and everyone you know is going to be and act exactly the same.

I’m tired and it is the best I have tonight. Hard day at the house.

I don’t think that speding the rest of the day here would be all that stress relieving.

For both of us.

Flag Post

You are aware that your situation with your granddaughter is nto going to be the same with everybody, right? You’re also aware your situation with your father’s ashes is also not going to be the same for everybody?

And lastly, you are aware that the security staff at the airport have no clue whatsoever about your personal family arrangements, yes? They still check same as they do for everybody else.