if hitler was revived

36 posts

Flag Post

he just somehow is back to perfect health, alive, same age before he died. what would he do and what would happen.

Flag Post

a whole new neo-nazi organisation would arise, partly from existing neo-nazi groups, partly not. they would make it more mythological, with this second coming. they’d use this as justification and evidence of them legitimately being right about it all. they wouldn’t have any footing anywhere as everyone would spit them out. Germany would be the worst place for them.

it would cause local disturbances, religions would varyingly compare him to, or simply claim him to be either some kind of prophet, but more likely the antichrist.

other than that existing religions would respond in different ways, and this should be interesting, and some disturbances with invigorated neo-nazi rallies, it probably wouldn’t mean a lot. except for Jews trying to war and hunt, and Israel having a new enemy.

Flag Post

If it became known he would be arrested and tried for his crimes otherwise he would probably be forced into hiding.

Flag Post

Nothing too horrible would happen; times have changed and assuming Hitler would be reborn without power, he would probably be taken out by Israel.

Flag Post

Bugger Hitler, I’d focus on the revival technology, and ‘acquiring’ that for the common good.

Flag Post

He would be tried for being a war criminal.
Duh!

Flag Post

People wouldn’t believe it and he’d be harassed a lot.

Flag Post
Originally posted by riddleschool:

he just somehow is back to perfect health, alive, same age before he died. what would he do and what would happen.

Well depends pretty much on when, where and how he comes back.

In most countries there are high chances of him landing in a psychic ward, until his identity can be confirmed. And then it gets a bit hard to say.
Legally there is no way any rational court can try him for being Hitler, without there being a way to prove he is actually THE Hitler. Even genetic proof and proof of him having the same Personality/Memories would not be enough, considering the Fact of him having the same biological age of the old Hitler.
Considering the threat to him posed by People not able to accept the legal consequences of this, he might be murdered or put under protection.
Most likely Germany would become the State which has to protect him(depending on him surviving long enough and where he is “reborn”). In Germany itself there would be a great discussion about punishing him or giving him to Israel. Most likely leading to the Government getting a slap on the Hand several times by both the German Supreme Court and the European Court for Human Rights.

Flag Post

there would be a breif period of unrest as the radicals responsible for his revival rally around him.

Then he gets taken out by a sniper team…and then incinerated to make sure it can’t happen agan. Problem solved.

Unless said radicals are MORE competent than the ones in “apocalypse watch”, which I find unlikely.

Flag Post

He would probably be interrogated to find more details about the nazi and then killed.

Flag Post

Just like in Woody Allen’s “The Sleeper” comedy ensues.

Flag Post

People wouldn’t believe he was Hitler. He hadn’t aged? Yeah, that would get a mention in some obscure newspaper, like the onion, but then ignored completely. He’d go to some old folks home and die quietly. He might commit suicide again, though. If everyone did know it was him “revived”, then he’d be tried for war crimes and then executed.

Flag Post
Yeah, that would get a mention in some obscure newspaper, like the onion,

The Onion is a newspaper?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:
Yeah, that would get a mention in some obscure newspaper, like the onion,

The Onion is a newspaper?

I new you were nit picky, but damn.

Flag Post

I’m not picky…just asking if you think the Onion is an actual newspaper.

Flag Post

I’m not picky…just asking if you think the Onion is an actual newspaper.

I don’t know. I don’t care. It doesn’t matter to my point. It’s an obscure news source, the likes of which “Hitler has been revived” would be newsworthy. Point being, that it would be obscure news, not mainstream. So, what the fuck are you talking about?

Flag Post

People would think he’s a lunatic and he won’t gain much power. If the revival techology is proven to exist, Hitler might even be arrested (since it’s the same person) and put on trial. Nothing much happens after that, related to Hitler. Of course, revival is a rather interesting technology, but how would it work on a body having died of old age?

Flag Post

MyTie, what the fuck are you talking about? The Onion is NOT a news source.
You don’t even know what The Onion is do you?

Flag Post

MyTie, what the fuck are you talking about? The Onion is NOT a news source.
You don’t even know what The Onion is do you?

Nope. I glanced at it once and it seemed like an obscure news source. I guess it could be wrong. What’s your point?

Flag Post

The point is that you had no idea what you were talking about.

Flag Post

Ok. Then let’s move on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

Of course, revival is a rather interesting technology, but how would it work on a body having died of old age?

Most likely it would revive them, in whatever state they were just before dying. We could probably fix whichever organ failed but we would be just killing time until the next one failed. It would need to be combined with other technologies – such as brain transplant or mind transferrence to be any good there.

It would however, be wonderful in cases of accidental death. Your child run over by a car? Bring them back. Your husband died in a plane crash? Bring him back. There are all manner of potential uses.

Misuses as well. It would make death by electric chair, or lethal injection, a meaningless punishment.

Flag Post

It would however, be wonderful in cases of accidental death. Your child run over by a car? Bring them back. Your husband died in a plane crash? Bring him back. There are all manner of potential uses.

Exactly, those are the uses it is most useful for. In the case of Hitler, suicide. I was merely wondering how reviving a body that died of old age could possibly work, considering the body is not fit for living any more. I’m not an expert in the field, and obviously we currently don’t possess tools to “revive” (long after the body is pronounced dead), but as you said we’d probably have to fix whatever caused the death first. The whole thing sounds a bit alien and “magical” to me at the moment, but I’d be interested nonetheless whenever it becomes a scientific tool.

Flag Post

Well, the ability as presented in this thread is of course not serious. It is far too magical to be acceptable as a technology. I’m not ruling out a possible future method of doing this, but we have nothing compatible at the moment in our understanding of physical laws that could even begin to allow bringing someone from the past back to life. There are a few areas where discovering the ability for something like this is feasible however, even if unlikely.

A technological method that might allow something like this, would be a ‘brain backup’ in which the memories and higher thought processes of a given individual were routinely backed up onto some form of external media. We know that general brain structure is near-enough the same across individuals so only the individual differences would be required.

That way should anything unforeseen occur, we have a complete copy of them from before the accident, that just needs to be downloaded into a compatible body or VR simulation. It wouldn’t be the exact same person – it would be a complete, intact copy, but it would in theory, work just fine.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator