How can we deal with the Muslim overreactions? page 5

214 posts

Flag Post
I think I was referring more to the member of the film’s staff MyTie was talking about. Something about them being killed, sexually molested and then dismembered, with bits of their body dragged through the streets?

Gotcha

Flag Post

I thought about explaining how killing the radicals who are killing, bombing, and vying for political power is a good thing

How does that make you any better than them?

Big O has fucked it up beyond fixing at this point.

I knew you were going to bring in a political campaign.

Flag Post

twilight – Source for marines not allowed live ammo : http://nation.foxnews.com/us-embassy-attack/2012/09/13/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo

@Darkruler – If you cannot distinguish the “betterness” of marines defending US territory with deadly force against radical religious zealots intent on killing them, then there is no hope that I will be able to assist you in making this distinction. Your head is so far up your ass, you are beyond my help. Either pull it out yourself, or carry on with your idiocy, but don’t expect me to sort it all out for you. As for “bringing up a political campaign”, I don’t have to bring it up. This is intricitely tied to the President’s foreign policy, which is a failure. It was the president who went on an apology tour to reset relations with the Muslim world. He then facilitated the arab spring, which has been a huge sucess for the Muslim Brotherhood, a known terrorist group. Then, he allowed our embassies to be minimally guarded on the anniversary of 9/11, without adequate intelligence. How can this NOT be set in his realm of responsibility? How can you ignore the Obama responsibility here. If it had been a Republican, both of us would have been railing against him. A Democrat gets a free pass from liberals though. It sickens me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:

twilight – Source for marines not allowed live ammo : http://nation.foxnews.com/us-embassy-attack/2012/09/13/reports-marines-not-permitted-live-ammo

Seems you missed the Update in that source. The Update clearly contradicts the claim your making about Obama.

I also find your ideas about how you would have dealt with the situation ridiculous. Getting more intelligence is not easy and nothing you can do on a whim. Infiltrating radical terrorist organization takes a lot of time and money with very little chance of actual success.
Stationing extra marines at emissaries is neither cheap, nor is the outcome you described realistic. As you yourself said some of the attackers launched rockets. Which is an indicator that there where a good number of armed men in the crowds. Certainly enough to take on even up to 20 or more marines in a fire fight, by firing out of the crowd. Hell with the size of some of those crowds they could take on 20 or more marines even if they where unarmed.
So all your ideas would actually do would be increasing the casualties on both sides, causing major damage to the relation between you and most of the World. Half the countries will not even consider evidence about who started shooting and condemn the USA anyway, the most of the others will say: yeah, sure they started it, but your fucking stupid if you shoot back in such a situation.
It goes against the diplomatic code. As long as there is no civil war going, its the hosting governments job of using force to protect embassies against rioting demonstrators. On site security troops are against single or small groups of attackers not mobs that may and likely include people who just wanted to demonstrate and are then caught in the cross fire.
For such occasions there are usually bunkers/panic rooms and escape tunnels(As well as other passive stuff to slow down invaders and give people the time to get to such rooms/tunnels before them).

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnnyBeGood:

Seems you missed the Update in that source. The Update clearly contradicts the claim your making.

I have looked at a few of those stories and they always said that their sources were some marine blogs. I have yet to see a link to one of those marine blog.
Not that I am surprised. It’s FOX and sites that would like to be FOX.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Looks like someone slipped.
On a slope.
It was quite a slippery one.
The slope.
And quite a long one too.
And quite a badly formatted one as well.

Poor guy sounded desperate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

Lol
but again thinking of all those civilian causalities in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I don’t even know what constructive purpose a picture like this serves, because:

(a) Americans attacking Dubai in a small plane hasn’t happened
(b) It’s disrespectful to the people who did lose their lives in the catastrophe that was 9/11

Yes, some Muslim extremists do overreact, and very badly at that. I’m sure 9/11 helped prompt the war. Don’t forget that Pakistanis were dancing in the streets when the twin towers fell, before their president (wisely) told them to shut up.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

Lol
but again thinking of all those civilian causalities in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I don’t even know what constructive purpose a picture like this serves, because:

(a) Americans attacking Dubai in a small plane hasn’t happened
(b) It’s disrespectful to the people who did lose their lives in the catastrophe that was 9/11

Yes, some Muslim extremists do overreact, and very badly at that. I’m sure 9/11 helped prompt the war. Don’t forget that Pakistanis were dancing in the streets when the twin towers fell, before their president (wisely) told them to shut up.

Yeah but nearly 100,000 civilian causalities can’t be justified.
Espacially when Taliban said that they will hand over Osama bin ladin to some third party.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2001/oct/17/afghanistan.terrorism11

Originally posted by EPR89:

On a slope.
The slope.

What slip are you talking about
It occur to me My Tie has revealed his true thoughts.
Are you talking about freduan slip?

Flag Post

On a slope.
The slope.

Speaking of poor formatting, “The slope.” is an incomplete sentence. Don’t throw stones in a glass house, my friend.

Flag Post

I think I was referring more to the member of the film’s staff MyTie was talking about. Something about them being killed, sexually molested and then dismembered, with bits of their body dragged through the streets? Admittedly I have seen nothing of that incident on the news, but in that instance, because the individual is not in the United States or a US territory at the time, United States laws will not protect that individual.

I think he is mixing it up with events of back hawk down where the US soldiers
were dismembered and stuff.

Flag Post

On a slope.
The slope.

Speaking of poor formatting, “The slope.” is an incomplete sentence. Don’t throw stones in a glass house, my friend.

Its don’t throw stones at others when you live in a glass house.

Flag Post

On a slope.
The slope.

Strange. I expected you to know what an ellipsis is.
Or the difference between grammar and formatting, for that matter.

Oh well, you learn something new everyday.

What slip are you talking about
It occur to me My Tie has revealed his true thoughts.
Are you talking about freduan slip?

It’s called slippery slope. People like MyTie use it when they have no argument to show us barbarians how irresponsible we are and how what we want is going to lead to the apocalypse. It’s often paired with MyTie’s beloved Strawman arguments… And no formatting whatsoever, to add authenticity.

Flag Post

Ok. Allow me to clarify. EPR was asking the difference between the people in these two pictures:

My argument is simple: Americans who cannot tell the difference, or understand which one is “better” for them and society, are fucking idiots.

Flag Post

Ok. Allow me to clarify. EPR was asking the difference between the people in these two pictures:

Cool propaganda, bro.

My argument is simple: Americans who cannot tell the difference, or understand which one is “better” for them and society, are fucking idiots.

Well they’re all human.

Flag Post

Propaganda? That’s pictures of people doing what it is they do. I don’t have to change anyone’s opinion of them. They are doing that themselves, ya know, by rioting and killing.

And I never said they weren’t humans, so what the fuck are you talking about. Making shit up again? WTF tenco.

Flag Post

Propaganda?

A little, yes.

That’s pictures of people doing what it is they do.

Yes, people protesting something they disagree with, and other people blindly putting their life on the line for their country.

Lack of context is fun, isn’t it?

I don’t have to change anyone’s opinion of them. They are doing that themselves, ya know, by rioting and killing.

Respectively?

And I never said they weren’t humans,

And I never said you said they weren’t. Now quit making strawmen.

Flag Post

Here’s some more context for you. Violent Muslim jihadists used rockets to attack the United States embassy, and murder the ambassador. His corpse was raped (possibly before death), and he was dismembered. That is the method they used to, as YOU say, “protest something they disagree with”. Don’t pull that context shit in this argument, because the full context of what happened is not on your side of the argument. Go ahead and argue that the embassies shouldn’t have been defended with lethal force. Go ahead. Or argue that they are somehow on equal ground as the US ambassador who was violently murdered. Go ahead. I love watching you be wrong, as you argue in defense for a group of people who would just as soon kill you as the ambassador. Go ahead. Fucking brilliant.

This is pure entertainment to me. Like watching a train full of human feces wreck into Rosie ODonnel. The pure shitty idiocy of the scene leaves me shocked and entertained, simultaneously. Idiots.

Flag Post

Hey, MyTie, can your argument be without these:

1. You’re an idiot.
2. The president is an idiot.
3. Killing others is fine with this arbitrary reason.
4. Strawmen.

It gets tiring to have to read through such nonsense if you can just post the real argument.

Your real argument is: “I think our enemies should be killed instead of negotiated with, and since I believe the current president is responsible for the opposite, I believe he is wrong in that particular issue.”

That’s a fine opinion, but I’ll restate my question to you in a different way: is there no easier, more cost-effective way to stop terrorists that doesn’t involve actions similar to theirs?

Flag Post

Or you assume your objective morality and I propose it doesn’t have enough evidence. I’m not insulting you for that, so you have even less of a reason.

I think murderers and the like should be brought to justice, but not by killing them instead of something else (I’m guessing you agree with the death penalty too?). I entirely understand there may be countries which do not subscribe to some contract due to which you can have prisoners delivered to you from that country, but that does not imply the only solution should be to go out and kill them. Putting soldiers on defense near areas which are prone to be attacked and having them fire on such attackers is a good thing, because you are acting in self-defense. To go and seek out people behind such actions after the act isn’t. That’s aside from the costs involved to seek them out. Obviously, this is all dependent on your view on morality.