How can we deal with the Muslim overreactions? page 9

214 posts

Flag Post

Spelling police.

It’s hard enough to suspend my disbelief that you actually know anything about what you’re talking about when you can’t even spell the name of a five-letter country.

The people launching rockets weren’t dictators. They were regular people.

actually they’re terrorist groups. Hamas, hezbollah etc. And if its in regards to Israel, those groups are doing it for political reasons, not because they ‘just feel like killing some civvies!’

Stop using the mistakes of a government to distract from the intentional and vicious actions of a violent culture.

lol. So, what about the American violent culture? I’m not talking about the government, I’m talking about the preoccupation with shooting each other that’s one of the highest world-wide for a developed country. Maybe you should look in your own backyard before you start making unsubstantiated claims about muslim culture.

Flag Post

“They also never dropped a nuclear weapon. This doesn’t excuse the murder of innocent people. One does not excuse the other. Stop using the mistakes of a government to distract from the intentional and vicious actions of a violent culture. You see how that works? Do you see how I don’t excuse the US gov’s mistakes? I acknowledge them. You should try that. Acknowledge, for once, that the violent culture in these countries must be addressed.”
Ahhhhhhh, they are a govrn mistakes.
Talk about double standards.

Flag Post

I agree that the violence in American culture NEEDS to be addressed. It is awful. Movies make it out to be no big deal, rap artists glamorize violence, and people set awful examples for kids. YES YES YES, we need to address our problems. However, just because the United States has problems, doesn’t somehow mean that I am unable to point out genocide and violence and oppression and say “THIS IS WRONG”. I don’t understand how that makes sense to you. I don’t understand how people can be faced with a wave of blood and violence, and shrug it off while pointing to other violence on the other side of the world. How does that make it right?

Do you see how I can acknowledge the problems of my country? Do you see how I can do that? Do it for Syria, where 108 people were massacred, many women and children, with axes. Children, laying dead, with axe gashes in their corpses. You wouldn’t even find that in Detroit. So, knock off the “BLAME AMERICA FIRST” mentality, and address the issue.

Here is a CNN article on that massacre of children. Look at the third picture. Thoughts?
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/28/children-shot-knifed-axed-to-death-in-syrias-houla-massacre-reports-say/

Flag Post

That massacre was politically motivated, not religiously. Such things have happened in African countries, Asia, Europe and the Americas in the past, in countries with a range of different religious beliefs, just because that one happened in a Muslim area does not mean it happened because they were Muslims or that only Muslims could commit such an act.

Flag Post

Yeah. You’re right. Would you rather I cite one of hundred of modern religiously moderated massacres?

Hey, one quick question before we go there: Do you think there have been more Christian caused massacres or Muslim caused massacres in the last 50 years?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:

Yeah. You’re right. Would you rather I cite one of hundred of modern religiously moderated massacres?

Why didn’t you do that first, then?

Hey, one quick question before we go there: Do you think there have been more Christian caused massacres or Muslim caused massacres in the last 50 years?

Well that depends on how you classify it, since does it count if the person or persons who started it were Christian or not, or if the people who followed through with it were?

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:

Can you elaborate with examples?

Flag Post

Sabra Massacre, Shatila Massacre
Kosovo and Bosnian wars

Flag Post

most muslim countries are still developing industrially and democratically, or under the rule of authoritarian leaders (which, just to reiterate, the US helped to create and foster). There are many factors that go into why the mid-east is screwed up – blaming it on islamic culture solely is retarded. especially considering violent radical islam wasn’t even a thing until 1979.

Now, on the other hand you got the US which has been a first world industrialized country for more than a century, has been democratic for two centuries, has one of the highest education standards in the world, and has been a world power for the past 60 years. And the US is still horrendously screwed up. So again, look to your own before you make blanket generalizations about an entire region.

Flag Post

Blanket generalizations about an entire region? I made these? I specifically stated certain regions, and spoke directly to the ones being violent. Why is there this pervasive counter argument against classifying entire groups of people, when no one is doing that? How about a little more honesty.

Flag Post

You’re blaming one factor – culture – and ignoring a dozen others in order to make your case. Don’t speak to me about honesty; it’s extremely hypocritical.

Flag Post

Did I have the right idea? I like to think I encompassed both points

Flag Post

Some thing to calm your flaming butt down mytie
Tunisian gov. has decided to hang 87 people involved in protests.

Flag Post

http://rt.com/news/tunisia-protesters-death-sentence-717/
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/lawyers-death-penalty-sought-over-some-of-87-suspects-held-in-us-embassy-violence-in-tunisia/2012/10/04/3beb0a4c-0e63-11e2-ba6c-07bd866eb71a_story.html