U.S. Senate and House Election page 2

54 posts

Flag Post

Seriously, guys, keep that in the U.S. Presidential Election thread, not this one. I thought it would be easy to follow the protocol of the title and discuss only electoral races in the House and the Senate, but apparently that seems hard for some to do. Should I put the title in all-caps just to make it clearer?

Flag Post

Many posters have their pet passions Jaume, and will bring them up at any excuse. I know I do, and I have to clamp down hard on that urge, else there’d be tech everywhere. Some others don’t clamp down on it at all.

No matter what you do to the title, they’ll still use it as a soapbox for their political beliefs and jabs at the president / candidate. All you can really do is keep asking them to stop, and try and redirect the discussion.

Flag Post

Well, everyone in this thread can be free to jab and hate on candidates in the elections for House and Senate. Just leave Obama and Romney out of the discussion. For example, Todd Akin to me is a disgusting individual with no ethics or morality.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Well, everyone in this thread can be free to jab and hate on candidates in the elections for House and Senate. Just leave Obama and Romney out of the discussion. For example, Todd Akin to me is a disgusting individual with no ethics or morality.

I can say the same thing about Harry Reid, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Strickland, Stephanie Cutter, Bill Burton and the other ones… On to the topic. Republicans keep control of the House. Democrats keep control of the Senate but lose their filibuster proof majority.

Flag Post

Honestly, I think the republicans will keep the house and win the senate by a small margin.

Flag Post
I can say the same thing about Harry Reid, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Strickland, Stephanie Cutter, Bill Burton and the other ones…

Then DO it—that’s the point of this very thread. Not for Stephanie Cutter, etc. though, since they’re not running for either the Senate or the House.

Flag Post
I can say the same thing about Harry Reid, Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, Ted Strickland, Stephanie Cutter, Bill Burton and the other ones…

Then DO it—that’s the point of this very thread. Not for Stephanie Cutter, etc. though, since they’re not running for either the Senate or the House.

Juame, I’m gonna bump yer thread. I fail to understand how the consortium of elevated intellect (w/ a few noted exceptions…lol) on this forum falls prey to the emphasis on the Presidential election when the real importance is on the Congressional.

One would think that after the shit Obama took—even the lack of support from his own “party”—from Congress,,,the obviousness of this this thread would be at hand. Maybe the important races and the effect of any changes in Congress has all been adequately covered. I don’t see how when the Presidential one is still going like crazy. And, the real power rests mostly w/ Congress.

Of course, many of the near 900 Presidential thread posts are jake-o’s saying how much & why he HATES Obama…lol

Flag Post

Is that a fact Karma. Did I say I hated Obama or did you just pull that out of your ars? You can make a post without insulting someone, can you?

You are right that the congress is supposed to have 1/3 of the power in Washington, checks and balances. The problem is Obama is not going through congress, he is legislating with executive orders and bureaucracies. What you don’t understand is the fact he has woken the American people with his healthcare and four years of the slowest growth in GDP since the great depression. We have had nine recessions since the depression and all of them grew at about 5%. At this point in time we are growing at less than 1.3%. I know you think Obama is the greatest thing since Ice Tea, but there are a lot of angry voters out there. You will be hearing them in November.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

Is that a fact Karma. Did I say I hated Obama or did you just pull that out of your ars? You can make a post without insulting someone, can you?

OOoooohhh…how short your memory is.
YOU are constantly saying how much ya “hate” Obama.
Ya use the very word “hate” and a whole lot of others that are extreeeemly similar.
So, I guess ya could say that I did “pull that one” our of an ass.

Can YOU make a post that isn’t so easily “insulted”?

You are right that the congress is supposed to have 1/3 of the power in Washington, checks and balances.

Hooooray….I’m glad we have that out of the way.

The problem is Obama is not going through congress, he is legislating with executive orders and bureaucracies.

Extreme circumstances require extreme actions. Something one would think a PRO-GUN enthusiast would understand.

What you don’t understand is the fact he has woken the American people with his healthcare and four years of the slowest growth in GDP since the great depression.

Nah….most of America is “dead” asleep and the only thing to be awakened is their propensity for ignorance…..as YOU so aptly demonstrate here.

We have had nine recessions since the depression and all of them grew at about 5%. At this point in time we are growing at less than 1.3%.

Yeah….I forgot about that. ALL recessions are the same. DUH.

I know you think Obama is the greatest thing since Ice Tea, but there are a lot of angry voters out there. You will be hearing them in November.

YOU don’t know shit….if ya believe ya know what//how I feel about Obama. AND YES, we likely will be hearing from a lot of angry voters…..voters angry because they’re responding to lies put out by the GOP and carried along blindly by ppl like YOU. Yeaaaaaa for the boogeyman.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:
Originally posted by jhco50:

OOoooohhh…how short your memory is.
YOU are constantly saying how much ya “hate” Obama.
Ya use the very word “hate” and a whole lot of others that are extreeeemly similar.
So, I guess ya could say that I did “pull that one” our of an ass.

Can YOU make a post that isn’t so easily “insulted”?

You are right that the congress is supposed to have 1/3 of the power in Washington, checks and balances.

Hooooray….I’m glad we have that out of the way.

The problem is Obama is not going through congress, he is legislating with executive orders and bureaucracies.

Extreme circumstances require extreme actions. Something one would think a PRO-GUN enthusiast would understand.

What you don’t understand is the fact he has woken the American people with his healthcare and four years of the slowest growth in GDP since the great depression.

Nah….most of America is “dead” asleep and the only thing to be awakened is their propensity for ignorance…..as YOU so aptly demonstrate here.

We have had nine recessions since the depression and all of them grew at about 5%. At this point in t
I know you think Obama is the greatest thing since Ice Tea, but there are a lot of angry voters out there. You will be hearing them in November.

YOU don’t know shit….if ya believe ya know what//how I feel about Obama. AND YES, we likely will be hearing from a lot of angry voters…..voters angry because they’re responding to lies put out by the GOP and carried along blindly by ppl like YOU. Yeaaaaaa for the boogeyman.

No need to get angry just because he put you in check

Flag Post
Originally posted by stormtrooper261:

YOU see “anger”.
All I see is that I put HIM “in check”.
NOW, isn’t it fun that we all 3 have differing opinions?
Gee…we should start up a serious discussion forum and see who is “right”.

Flag Post

YOU see “anger”.

I didn’t see any facts all I saw was you blowing up and swearing.

Flag Post

YOU see “anger”.

I didn’t see any facts all I saw was you blowing up and swearing.

Would “facts” & lack of swearing really make any difference to YOU?
I doubt it. “Facts” aren’t ALWAYS needed to put someone “in check”.

Besides, he really didn’t give any “facts” that I didn’t directly address w/ pertinent information that didn’t need facts. Not “all” recessions are the same. DUH.

How obvious do YOU need it to be made that not all things are always all alike? OR, do YOU come from the same School-0-Hyperoble that he does?

Flag Post

I was just saying that swearing and CAPITALIZED letters ALL OVER and EXCLAMATION marks usually means someones ANGRY! (example)

Flag Post

I was just saying that swearing and CAPITALIZED letters ALL OVER and EXCLAMATION marks usually means someones ANGRY! (example)

Not with Karma. That’s just his usual style.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Not with Karma. That’s just his usual style.

are insults his style too?

Flag Post

are insults his style too?

Insults and personal attacks are the style of most posters on this forum. The moderators usually ignore such attacks these days, as they are so prevalent. Some off-board moderators regularly participate in them.

The person he was lambasting, is one of the strongest supporters of bigoted, biased views and personal attacks. So Karma’s posts usually add much-needed comic relief.

Flag Post

ahhh, my apologies then

Flag Post

I’m sure there were some real extreme circumstances causing Obama to Executive Order the welfare work requirement.

Flag Post

What’s up with so many Senate polls polling 500 or less people? Such small numbers are useless for analysis…

Flag Post

…but very good if you wish to stack the results in your favor. Most likely they polled 1,000 (the minimum standard number) and then ‘pruned’ the results.

Flag Post

I hope that the new senate bans horrible things like gay marriage, abortion, and teaching EVILution

Flag Post
Originally posted by Royal_CROWn:

I hope that the new senate bans horrible things like gay marriage, abortion, and teaching EVILution

u wot m8?

The person he was lambasting, is one of the strongest supporters of bigoted, biased views and personal attacks. So Karma’s posts usually add much-needed comic relief.

I think it’s funny how you use a personal attack saying someone else uses personal attacks.

What’s up with so many Senate polls polling 500 or less people? Such small numbers are useless for analysis…

But they tell the whole story if you’re Faux News.

Flag Post
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

I think it’s funny how you use a personal attack saying someone else uses personal attacks.

If you read the rest of my post (which you obviously could not be bothered to do) you would note that I admitted personal attacks in SD are perfectly fine and for the most part, unmoderated. Even some of the mods regularly engage in them.

So we need some comic relief to take the edge off.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:
Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:

If you read the rest of my post (which you obviously could not be bothered to do) you would note that I admitted personal attacks in SD are perfectly fine and for the most part, unmoderated. Even some of the mods regularly engage in them.

So we need some comic relief to take the edge off.

I don’t think you said they were fine, just that they were unmoderated.

…butt head.