What do you think that happens after death?

13 posts

Flag Post

Just curious what you think.

I think it will be like the fields of Asfodelos (Greek underworld for those whom had done equally much good and evil in his/her life), where you’re in a pitch black darkness and supposedly be able to talk with other dead.

Flag Post

You lose your 5 senses and your thoughts.

Flag Post

Go to heaven if you are good.

Flag Post

Your brain simply rots away. And without your brain, you don’t have your thoughts or your conscience; you’re simply just nothing for eternity.

Flag Post

Flag Post

death of what? after a person dies? well, it depends how the person is found, but usually we call for an ambulance or hearse or something, and uhm, there may be an autopsy and blablabla.

i don’t know how that process works exactly. ask a coroner.

but my guess is, that is not what you’re asking for. so then what is? what happens to a person’s life when they die? well, it ends. that’s the definition.

if you’re asking about a person’s experiances…well, experiencing means being aware of sensory input, that’s what that means. and as the sensory organs will no longer function, you simply stop experiencing.

consciousness too is fed by experience. it is that which is aware of the experiences, can intepret them, store information from this interpretation, and combine those pieces of information to create new ideas (thought).

this entire process stops, as neurologic activity recedes to nothing.

if the city of Nothingham gets completely destroyed, and all the rubble is merely decomposing to dust, would you ask me where Nothingham goes?

if the physical components break down to no longer count as the object you knew it as, the idea disappears from anything but memory that lives on in the minds of those that still live, and maybe other footprints it left behind, from pictures to societal advances large or small that it effected.

i should be a poet.

Flag Post

I know not the answer.
I have my hopes, and my dreams, and my doubts- you may ponder all you wish, but you will not know until you get there.

Flag Post

Do you remember how you felt and thought before you were alive? It will be that, again—nothingness—, for eternity.

Flag Post

Or maybe…

Flag Post

You die. Simple

Flag Post

brain stops working.
without consciousness you are not alive.

you die and nothing happens.

why do we choose to live then? we don’t
we don’t have choice(freewill). nothing matters then.

Flag Post

Who knows? Maybe you just can’t see, can’t think… maybe you’re just GONE! Maybe you’re in Heaven or Hell… but no one knows…

Flag Post

It will simply be a swirl of ever changing experience with no notion of self, past, or future. The experience that occurs will also be of a very different sort than the sort of experience that is happening now.