Aliens using our internet

7 posts

Flag Post

Lets say, there is a planet, far away, with intelligent beings.
Is it possible for them, to create an internet connection, which will connect with our internet, so they could put up websites and stuff, that we could read, and vice versa?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maisaphia:

Lets say, there is a planet, far away, with intelligent beings.
Is it possible for them, to create an internet connection, which will connect with our internet, so they could put up websites and stuff, that we could read, and vice versa?

OMG!! THIS IS scaary man
mabey you are alien :0

Flag Post

No, because they would need to understand our TCP/IP protocols that underlie the web, and because of the transmission propogation time being limited to the speed of light.

Assuming they lived in the Alpha Centauri star system, the closest one at 4 light years away, it would take an absolute minimum of eight years from clicking on a link, for the page to load, and general ISP timeouts are no longer than five minutes.

Four years for your request to reach them, four years for the data to be sent back. The delay rapidly increases as you move further away. Always at 2x(time taken for light to propagate).

Flag Post

Flag Post

ALIENS PIGGY BACKED MY WI-FI!!!!

How are they connecting to our internet? A really long cable all the way to their home world?

Flag Post

i think it should be entirely possible, at least for reading the internet. they would need a proxy in proximity of earth. like a satalite, or something buried in the earth, or hidden in our oceans, or drifting in the upper atmosphere, just so long as our Internet can reach it.

this would relay the information to their world which should take about 4.4 years to reach them if they live in Alpha Centauri.

as for putting up websites…well, they’d need to infiltrate our society in some way in order to have a web adress. i guess it should be possible, but if it’s operated from their home-world it takes 4.4 years to send anything to and 4.4 years to receive anything from there, so it would take 8.8 years for the site to respond to any changes that way. so it would have to be proxy-operated.

of course it also requires knowing at least one of our languages if we are to read it, and knowing how to code in uhm, what vika said. which, considering the 8.8 year delay, could really only be done by Visiters.

Flag Post

I swear he is an alien!