Romney Bullied Gay Student in HS and REPEALS Marriage Equality page 3

55 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by basicbasic:
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

And yes I know why they stand certain ways, votes and other things, but really, how is 2-4% of the American population getting married really going to negatively affect the country?

Good question….even though I think your numbers are quite low.

Wikipedia Says 2-3% identified themselves.
About.Com Said 3.8%
Thecivilrightsunion Says 4%

Those are estimates though.

Good links there, thank ya for giving them.
This is what I was drawing from.

Flag Post

It depends on the city, like in San Francisco there’s 15.4% of lesbians, gays and bisexuals.

Flag Post

And, even the neighborhood. I live in a bohemian part of town (a haven for “liberals”) because, for the Midwest, it is an oasis of liveliness, freshness, & great vigor to “quest”.
I find (most?) a lot of the Gays in my area to be awesomely “witty” and intelligent and downright decent ppl.

Flag Post

And, even the neighborhood. I live in a bohemian part of town (a haven for “liberals”) because, for the Midwest, it is an oasis of liveliness, freshness, & great vigor to “quest”.
I find (most?) a lot of the Gays in my area to be awesomely “witty” and intelligent and downright decent ppl.

Most of them are, though you can’t really tell from the TV shows, I think they really exaggerate the stereotypes of gay people, maybe that’s why so many people dislike them. I personally don’t know any gays…. So I can’t really comment (No outright gays at least).

Flag Post

Most of them are, though you can’t really tell from the TV shows, I think they really exaggerate the stereotypes of gay people, maybe that’s why so many people dislike them. I personally don’t know any gays…. So I can’t really comment (No outright gays at least).

OH, fershur…most any "media production (including some news sources) tend to go for the “exaggerated”,,,it “sells” better.
The newer TV shows tend to put Gays in a much better light. Yes, very similar to the movie The Birdcage, there are some comical portrayals of Gays…esp. the “flaming Marys”. But, for the most part, the the “obvious Gays” in MY reality are decent & wonderful ppl.

AND, bb…as ya point out, YOU probably DO KNOW some Gays. They just don’t go around wearing the Scarlet “G” around their neck. Well, yeah…some of them DO WEAR scarlet and will be listening to show tunes….lol

I’m very glad ya brought up Gay stereotypes. I think this is the “problem” w/ jake-o. FOR SOME REASON, “all” he can see and therefore base his “dislike” for Gays are the stereotypical “prancers” that his children shouldn’t see.