Countries That Should not be Countries? page 3

132 posts

Flag Post

I think an excellent point has been brought up cleaving land theft and land conquer. It would seem that land conquer is the average run-of-the-mill take land in peace treaties or occupation or whatever. Land theft now seems to me like more of what the Americans did in the Ohio valley and Georgia. Where the country coming in relocates or slaughters the entire current population to make way for a newer, “better” populace. Many of the old empires were of the conquering nature, where they would conquer an area, and the local citizens would assimilate or leave voluntarily. While the art of theft is more of a new idea, where the local citizens are slaughtered or forced onto less desirable land. These kinds of things are the things that separate the Mongol Empire from the American Empire, the fate of the citizens living in provinces conquered.

Flag Post

There’s a good amount of animosity towards Israel here… It’s good. You can’t solve your problems by bombing other countries indiscriminately, oppressing them, and wonder why they retaliate and join militant groups.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

well, what evidence is there of such displacement?

also, lets take a look at what you’re saying. the term “displacement” would literally mean relocating the natives, which most likely didn’t happen. i haven’t heard of massive slave-selling by the Anglo-Saxons to other locations, and i have no idea where these natives would have resettled. so, clearly this is simply a eufemism for genocide.

The Celts of the British Isles were shoved into the places we know know as Scotland, Ireland, Cambria, and Brittanny. As for the people before the Celts, I don’t really have a clue. As far as your position is concerned, England is settled on stolen land as well.

Flag Post

so, you’re saying that the celts live on in the UK on the outskirts? what kind of evidence do we have for this then?

and since when are these “Celts” different from the original inhabitants? again, you’re assuming displacement for no reason, when history would clearly suggest cultural transition is far more likely.

Flag Post

The fact that Scots, Irish, Cambrians, and Brittannians all refer to themselves as Celts or Britons. People generally do a good job of keeping track of their own history. Also, Brittanny is part of France. Lrn2Geography.

Flag Post

Fiji is cute, but shouldn’t be a Country.

Flag Post

what are you talking about? i know Brittany is in France, although we know it as Bretagne. where did i say it wasn’t? and what does it matter if they call themselves Britons? (Celts wouldn’t mean anything because most Celts lived in mainland Europe)

i don’t think you need to teach me about European history. nor geography. anyway, people in Birtain call themselves British, this proves they were not indigenous to Britain, but if people from Brittany call themselves Britons it proves they are?

whatever.

also i wonder what you would suggest happened to the natives of Brittany. what, the displaced previous British Celts conquered them? yeah…

Flag Post

To respond to the various parts of your post:

You insisted that no Celts were displaced, because there was no big migration of them anywhere. That’s a lie, because they settled Scotland, Ireland, Cambria, and Brittany. They began to call themselves Britons when they had significantly evolved from their celtic culture, like how we consider french canadian a separate culture from run-of-the-mill french.
Anyone can always learn a thing or two that they hadn’t known before. It’s not an embarrassment to admit you don’t know something, it’s just human. And the people of Britain call themselves British as citizens of Great Britain. People generally refer to themselves as one of Britain’s various ethnic groups like English or Briton (Further divided into Irish, Scottish, and Cambrian). And people of Brittany lived squished in England, like the rest of the Britons, but then moved to France’s northwest and established the nation of Brittany.
Saying “whatever” in an argument really doesn’t say much good about you.
And I don’t know what happened to the natives of Brittany before the Britons, what happened to the natives of the British Isles before the Celts, or anything else outside of my sphere of knowledge. I just happen to know things about the matter at hand.
And a little extra to say: We’re straying from the original topic of the thread once more. I kindly you ask for a closing statement to this aside, so that we may return to the topic of countries that shouldn’t be countries, and why they shouldn’t be.
I’m very wall of texty, aren’t I?

Flag Post
You insisted that no Celts were displaced

where did i insist or even say that? oh right, i didn’t.

That’s a lie, because they settled Scotland, Ireland, Cambria, and Brittany.

well maybe they did. fine, i did forget how insanely huge the island is. but anyway, so there was some displacement. i never said there wasn’t, and i’m not quite sure what that proves.

Gauls moved north and west to escape the Romans as well. that didn’t stop most Gauls from becoming Romanised.

Saying “whatever” in an argument really doesn’t say much good about you.

yeah, whatever.

so that we may return to the topic of countries that shouldn’t be countries, and why they shouldn’t be.

that’s not a topic of discussion. that’s asking for a list. again, i really wouldn’t complain so much.

Flag Post

1. belgium cant be divided between netherlands and france cuz ( i live in netherlands) the people in flanders are catholic and they have a very annoying dialect. we dutch people always make fun of them and stuff. if they become a part of our country it will lead to many conflicts.

2. u call ur country one of the ‘free world’ countries. that makes no fucking sense. cuz a lot of countries with freedom didnt participate at the winning side of those wars.

3. i think turkey should stop existing. cuz all the guest workers come from there. they steal our jobs and they have sex with our women. and i also think it has too much civil war with the kurds so it should be divided. and turkey should be renamed to bey of ankara and they should give the west of turkey to greece (the rightful owners) and the east to kurds and armenians (also rightful owners). and south and north should be of netherlands cuz they have made a chaos of our country for already 50 years now. we should do this all cuz they joined the germans at world war 1 and they havent paid enough for it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Rolby:

1. belgium cant be divided between netherlands and france cuz ( i live in netherlands) the people in flanders are catholic and they have a very annoying dialect. we dutch people always make fun of them and stuff. if they become a part of our country it will lead to many conflicts.

2. u call ur country one of the ‘free world’ countries. that makes no fucking sense. cuz a lot of countries with freedom didnt participate at the winning side of those wars.

3. i think turkey should stop existing. cuz all the guest workers come from there. they steal our jobs and they have sex with our women. and i also think it has too much civil war with the kurds so it should be divided. and turkey should be renamed to bey of ankara and they should give the west of turkey to greece (the rightful owners) and the east to kurds and armenians (also rightful owners). and south and north should be of netherlands cuz they have made a chaos of our country for already 50 years now. we should do this all cuz they joined the germans at world war 1 and they havent paid enough for it.

By the same logic, Netherlands should stop existing because Amsterdam smells of marijuana and whores, not to mention that your “land” is below the sea level.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:
Originally posted by Rolby:

By the same logic, Netherlands should stop existing because Amsterdam smells of marijuana and whores, not to mention that your “land” is below the sea level.

not all of it is below sea level. the city where i live (arnhem) is above sea level. and if we kick out all the foreigners amsterdam would smell less of marijuana. and the whores are mostly polish girls, so when we kick ALL foreigners, amsterdam will be marijuana and whore free. just like the good old days.

Flag Post

Then why do you join the EU in the first place?

COUNTRIES THAT SHOULD NOT BE COUNTRIES: All EU members. They should just really unite and form a single country, giving all the army and money to Angela Merkel. The united Europe should be called the Europa or the Fourth Reich. [/sarcasm]

Flag Post

I don’t like the idea of the EU. If you’re taking away a nation’s currency, you’re taking away their culture. If you’re taking away a culture, you’re forming an empire. The EU is a half-assed attempt to unite Europe. Either make it somewhat more of an alliance more than just economically, or just abolish it entirely.

To all the Israel oppositionists: I agree, but would you mind threading it out into a discussion and not just saying it and leaving. This is serious discussion, not serious listing.

Flag Post

i don’t think religion or dialect is a problem. there are plenty of dialects in the Netherlands, many of which are harder to understand than Flemish, and religious pluralism is essential in the Netherlands.

of course, what we should do is make everything below the Maas a seperate country, and form a confederation with it.

not all of it is below sea level. the city where i live (arnhem) is above sea level. and if we kick out all the foreigners amsterdam would smell less of marijuana. and the whores are mostly polish girls, so when we kick ALL foreigners, amsterdam will be marijuana and whore free. just like the good old days.

good old days? lol. i don’t know since when people’ve been using marijuana over here, but probably for a very long time. and i’m pretty sure there’s never ever been a time when there wasn’t a lot of prostitution in Amsterdam, ever.

Flag Post

If you’re taking away a nation’s currency, you’re taking away their culture. If you’re taking away a culture, you’re forming an empire.

Empires are good. Btw, taking away a nations currency is taking a tiny proportion of their culture. As long as the country continues their traditions their culture will stay intact.

Flag Post

EU ≠ Euro. they took away our currency, but we could have refused.

and the EU will never be a country so long as other countries are retarded. we do things our way, not theirs. Spain may have wanted it, but we didn’t. although, 39% of us voted in favor by referendum, which is still very frightning, and we’ll never get to see it, but i’m afraid politicians would have voted in favor…

but if it were to pass i’ll start a terrorist group. over my dead body will that happen.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ivan62300:

I don’t like the idea of the EU. If you’re taking away a nation’s currency, you’re taking away their culture. If you’re taking away a culture, you’re forming an empire.

What a bunch of nonsense, money is a tool, nothing more.

Same for Belgium, there is only one problem in Belgium: We have too much governments and we have too much stupid people that think a name and flag is the most important thing ever, so they buy in into silly propaganda of politicians that want to get rid of our social security and turn our country into a tax paradise for the rich. They have succesfully convinced the north of the country to vote for them, but the south of the country still votes Social Democrat and they oppose these changes. So they try to split the country so they can apply the changes without the south’s opposition.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sharangir:

I don’t like the idea of the EU. If you’re taking away a nation’s currency, you’re taking away their culture. If you’re taking away a culture, you’re forming an empire.

Same for Belgium, there is only one problem in Belgium: We have too much governments and we have too much stupid people that think a name and flag is the most important thing ever, so they buy in into silly propaganda of politicians that want to get rid of our social security and turn our country into a tax paradise for the rich. They have succesfully convinced the north of the country to vote for them, but the south of the country still votes Social Democrat and they oppose these changes. So they try to split the country so they can apply the changes without the south’s opposition.

Belgium really does seem like it should be split up. Flanders can become part of the Netherlands again and Wallonia with France or Germany, and have Brussels as its own jurisdiction since it’s the EU capital.

Flag Post

“Leve Belgie” is such an old song, eh?

Good luck, lest your country become another Spain.

Flag Post

South Africa.

Was founded by European settlers, but only because of an ill crew.
It has however, despite it’s small size, made it onto the g20.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aikaaa:

Belgium really does seem like it should be split up. Flanders can become part of the Netherlands again and Wallonia with France or Germany, and have Brussels as its own jurisdiction since it’s the EU capital.

Brussels already has its own jurisdiction. And Flanders & Wallonia would never willingly go with Netherlands & France respectively because the issue is not a language issue, we live in the 21st century ffs, we have the means to transcend language barriers with technology and interpreters.
It’s a so-called culture issue propagated by the media and political propaganda claiming that Flemish people and Walloon people are so different. But Flemish people can’t stand Dutch people and Walloon people can’t stand French people. You’d have the same artificial problems we have now.

“Leve Belgie” is such an old song, eh?

Good luck, lest your country become another Spain.

Yawn. Ford already said the sales market for Belgium is too small, good luck having no company wanting to settle down in your tiny Flanders because the sales market is too small.

But all you ignorant people care about is some silly yellow&black flag. Wake the fuck up, there’s more important things in the world.

Flag Post

But all you ignorant people care about is some silly yellow&black flag. Wake the fuck up, there’s more important things in the world.

What is this “more important” thing then, Sharangir the almighty?

Flag Post

What is this “more important” thing then, Sharangir the almighty?

You really can’t think of anything more important than a silly flag? How about everything else?

How about making sure the separatists don’t abolish social security? How about making sure that the separatists don’t turn our country into a tax paradise that ends up fucking over the workers? How about making sure that the separatists don’t get rid of democracy and turns it into a fascist version of Vox Populi where the leader represent’s the people’s voice but the actual people’s voice does not matter? How about making sure that the separatists don’t turn our cities in a police state, where people have no privacy, everyone lives in fear and crime is punished thoroughly while the main cause of crime, wealth disparity, is still there and bigger than ever?

Do you really think the separation of Belgium is their goal? No, it is a means to get to their goal. Maybe you should check what company positions those politicians have, it’ll give you an idea to which interests they represent. Or didn’t you know that they have other jobs besides campaigning for office?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

South Africa.

Was founded by European settlers, but only because of an ill crew.
It has however, despite it’s small size, made it onto the g20.

south africa is small? wtf?