Is having sex at the age of 12 right page 9

238 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by Galdos:

there is an age at which you are legal, because they said underage kids dont know the risks invovled in having sex

Sadly many overage people are less well informed than underage kids. People do not suddenly gain knowledge of STD’s and safe sex on their 16th (or regional age) birthday

Flag Post

Wow-wie, buddy 12 years old is a bit young sorry (in my opinion). I would recommend you have sex at the age of 16 or higher because then you can understand what it means, how it can be very emotional, very painful (for the women), and you understand what is going on. You can get in a lot of trouble with your parents if they find out and with the other persons parents (especially if it’s a daddy’s girl). You may even get her pregnant. Then you have to handle with all this other shit, you don’t want to go down that road. I know you probably want to “do it” now, but just wait a few years, trust me.
But then again Lil Wayne lost his virginity at the age of 11.

Flag Post

Logically, there should be no problem so long as the partner is around the same age. You Christfags have to stop putting sex on such a high pedestal. It’s the reason for all these weird social norms. Sex isn’t some scary thing that needs tons of thinking about. Let the kids explore their bodies. So long as they know the consequences of not wearing protection and such. I think they teach that shit in school when kids start going through puberty though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Reisyukaku:

Logically, there should be no problem so long as the partner is around the same age. You Christfags have to stop putting sex on such a high pedestal. It’s the reason for all these weird social norms. Sex isn’t some scary thing that needs tons of thinking about. Let the kids explore their bodies. So long as they know the consequences of not wearing protection and such. I think they teach that shit in school when kids start going through puberty though.

Why is being around the same age important? Isn’t that just another “weird social norm”?

Flag Post
Originally posted by NaturalReject:

Why is being around the same age important? Isn’t that just another “weird social norm”?

It’s mainly because of the whole difference in cognition/ brain development. It feels like you’re taking advantage of a kid if you’re 20, and the kid is like 15 for instance. It feels like you’re taking advantage of them since they are going through hormones and are slightly more naive. Even if you have purely good intentions, its still a bit hazy.

Flag Post

It’s mainly because of the whole difference in cognition/ brain development. It feels like you’re taking advantage of a kid if you’re 20, and the kid is like 15 for instance. It feels like you’re taking advantage of them since they are going through hormones and are slightly more naive. Even if you have purely good intentions, its still a bit hazy.

Couldn’t the exact same thing be said about 15-yearolds who have sex with 15-yearolds? In fact, wouldn’t it be worse, since the difference in brain development should mean that the younger you are, the less likely you are to have developed empathy? Therefore, a 15-yearold is more likely to be a selfish lover, and thus taking advantage, than a 20-yearold would be.

Flag Post

All of my heckle4sheckle greedy merchant.
What is wrong with you people.

Originally posted by NickP16AUS:

Wow-wie, buddy 12 years old is a bit young sorry (in my opinion). I would recommend you have sex at the age of 16 or higher because then you can understand what it means, how it can be very emotional, very painful (for the women), and you understand what is going on. You can get in a lot of trouble with your parents if they find out and with the other persons parents (especially if it’s a daddy’s girl). You may even get her pregnant. Then you have to handle with all this other shit, you don’t want to go down that road. I know you probably want to “do it” now, but just wait a few years, trust me.
But then again Lil Wayne lost his virginity at the age of 11.

W-W-Wait till you’re Si-Sixteen!

But why?
I’m not saying why wait, because you already listed that, but why 16?

Then lets talk about your “reasons not to have sex till 16”.

• then you can understand what it means

This screams out that because you’re under 16, you cannot understand what sex means! Take the straw out of the man(sentence) and you now have no strawman! Replace with “it”
Spooky, right?

But it gets worse!

• how it can be very emotional

He continues to talk down to you, you being under 16!
People under 16, CHILDREN, can’t understand what emotions can come from sex!

• very painful (for the women)

Note, by him saying this it clearly suggests that individuals under 16 can’t understand the concept of pain, and don’t care about their partners feelings(pain) and only want their desires handled/couldn’t care less of their partner!
But that’s not all, fellas!
He completely throws out the fact that men(teenage boys/young boys) participating in such activity can feel pain too! Shocking!

• you understand what is going on.

This shows, once again, that he doesn’t feel that people under 16 cannot understand what is going on.
Hence cannot understand sex.

This shows, once again, he doesn’t believe children under 16 know what things are, or are conscious enough to realize what they’re doing, as if they were a little baby!

Lets rewind now!

Lets look at what he said over again, keeping in mind what I said above

What does he say, and more importantly what does he repeat over and over, again and again?
That people under 16 and complete incompetent and can’t understand things.
That’s what he said, over and over again. Every one of his defenses.

BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE!

Lets give him a clean slate now and pretend like that tragic mess never happened.

• You can get in a lot of trouble with your parents if they find out and with the other persons parents (especially if it’s a daddy’s girl).

But why would they get in trouble with their parents?
They did nothing wrong.
But even if they get in trouble, why is that such an issue, I’m sure they know that they could and would if someone found out.

But what if one partner is older than 18, and they have no parent?
They wouldn’t get in trouble and as long as the younger partner doesn’t snitch everything is fine, correct?

But why if it’s a daddies girl?
What about a mommas boy or something?

• You may even get her pregnant.

Well sure, friend, that’s why you wear a condom no matter if she’s on birth control or not.
If you don’t, get plan B.
All teenagers know this, I mean me being a 14 year old I know this and I’m around them.

• Then you have to handle with all this other shit, you don’t want to go down that road.

Actually, I do.
I’ve wanted a daughter/sister for the longest time and although I wouldn’t be as excited, I would be okay with a son/brother as well.
My only issue with going down that road is if she had an abortion. I don’t want no abortion.

• I know you probably want to “do it” now, but just wait a few years, trust me.

But why should I wait till I’m older, “just a few more years”?
Accidental birth rates are higher in people over 16, as well as various other things.
Now if you were claiming to wait till I was 24, a whole 10years away, when people are (generally) completely developed both mentally and physically, then sure. But you aren’t.
You are saying 16, which I don’t see too much of a difference in than now.

So what did he say there, and what went wrong?

Well first off he clearly suggests that there is something wrong with it, as he has said before. But hey, he’s sticking to his argument, good for him.
As well as, once again, undermining anyone under 16 (or 12 if you want to be 100% accurate, although he implies under 16), once again.

Then after that, in the second part he does it again.
As he did in every other part before.
What does he do? He talks down/undermines people <16 years old.

Oh, but then in the third and final part he talks as if he knows you, and as if he’s been through it and knows better than you do.
Which once again can be a sign that he considers people <16 years old less than him, inferior, or something of that such.

Over all

He literally thinks he’s better than, more conscious, knows more or generally something around this area than people under 16 years old.
He acts as if he is a parent and he was talking to his kid about sex and sexual things, although he’s just a kid him self.

^Extra trash below!^

But lets not forget to look at the whole picture.
He picked an age, 16.
16 isn’t a bad number, I mean it is the age of consent for a large majority of countries.

But lets think about this.
What’s his name? NickP16AUS.
His name is Nick and his last name starts with a P, he’s 16 or likes the number 16 and lives in Australia.

If I remember correctly, he said that his favorite number was 16 in this thread.
Going to his profile, you can see that his country is Australia.
With two things correct to some extent, his name is Nick, correct?

So his whole name and argument is explained, right?
Sure, but is there more to it?

He has an Xbox gamer tag with the exact same name.
Who picks their favorite number for their username and not their age?

Now isn’t it possible his favorite number is his age, which he hid from the public, and he is really 16?
He does talk down to people under 16, and is firm to it.

To me it sounds like he is a 16 year old, or maybe a 17year old who is just “mature” for his age and is projecting how he feels and what he went through on others.
My claim has no base, correct? But there’s more. Sadly, there’s more.
He says Lil Wayne lost his virginity at 11 at the end of his post. Who knows this? Who cares about this? How is this really all that relevant? Going back he also says “truth me”, this could be a indicator he knows him self or something of course it could just be a coincidence.
Lets not forget him being from Australia, where the AOC is usually 16

It sounds like you, Nick, are a 16year old who got a girl pregnant when having under-aged sex.
After such an experience you feel as if you aren’t a child anymore and that you truly are an adult, or at least more of one than before.
You feel as if you were just a stupid child before and that you weren’t competent at all.
So now you came to share your experience and project how you used to be, and most likely still are.

Right?
Well then again, this could just be the speech you were told and now you’re projecting it.

Flag Post

Couldn’t the exact same thing be said about 15-yearolds who have sex with 15-yearolds? In fact, wouldn’t it be worse, since the difference in brain development should mean that the younger you are, the less likely you are to have developed empathy? Therefore, a 15-yearold is more likely to be a selfish lover, and thus taking advantage, than a 20-yearold would be.

Hrmm.. this is a very interesting point, lol. I suppose that makes sense. I’ll have to think about that.

Flag Post

For the issues on pages 4 and before, I’ll be back for them later after another “short” break.
Revisting this thread general.

3-4 hour EDIT: Actually, screw it. Unless the people respond here and I see it I won’t respond any more.

Originally posted by NintenCROW:

Everyone supporting a 12 year old having sex is a pedophile.

At least this is a crow post.

Originally posted by Fourthmike:

Sex might be good in the moment, but in the future it is bound to cause problems for either participant of the affair. Doesn’t matter if it’s safe, they’re kids.

This post for example.

(s)He has the “muh kids” complex.
Why is it an issue because “they’re kids”?

This makes no sense whatsoever, what is wrong with you people.

Originally posted by Shoru500:
4) But if you can GET a boner, then theoretically, you are ready for sex. How ever, I wouldn’t think a 12 year old having sex is right.

Aside from other horrible things he said, this specifically just screams what is wrong with you people, or then again it could be a hidden subtle hint to something.
Babies can get erections, although slightly rare, however almost all(if not all) young (male) children such as 6-8 can get them.
Source? Take a brief 5seconds to google and find whatever site you want it from, there’s hundreds. I know it from not just personal experience, but seeing “images” accidentally, as well as the hundreds of valid scientific studies, as well as hundreds of thousands of parents “findings”.

And not a single one of you pointed it out.
Shameful.

Originally posted by SlightWorkGJ:

Have you guys ever been taught in school about sex and health?

The reason why it is prohibited is because that if a child had sex, and the risk of them having a baby is very stressful, embarrassing, and puts a large toll on the parent of the child’s life. Also including, that EVEN if you think you’re mature enough to handle a baby, which may or may not be true. You don’t have a good enough job to pay for childcare and to take care of it without ruining your life. via. dropping out, abortion, etc. So 12 year-olds could or could not be ready for intercourse, but if you’re ready doesn’t make it right.

What is adoption, what is abortion, what is their parents taking care of the baby, what is what is what is.
If you said risks of having a child and getting injured, I might understand a little, but no you didn’t.

And getting pregnant, there’s “protection” against such a thing, not to mention the “prime” years of the chances of getting pregnant is 14-15 if I remember correctly, however the exact age is irrelevant considering people just going through puberty( <- in most cases) will not be as fertile as someone who is completely done with puberty, or even nearly.

That is not the reason why it is prohibited at all.

Flag Post

It’s not right. End of.

Flag Post
Originally posted by nightcrawler7733:

It’s not right. End of.

Basing this on what?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

It’s not right. End of.

Basing this on what?

Based on his ‘mah keedz’ syndrome.

Flag Post

It’s not right. End of.

If this is a valid response to a debate we may as well just shut SD now and get it over with.

Normally in a discussion you present your views with some objective information to back them up, not “It is right/wrong, because my opinion is that it is right/wrong and my opinion is fact”.

Flag Post

This is really good for training how fast you can type.
Getting good flooding out over a thousand words in a short little 15-30minutes.

EDIT:
I’ll break this into two posts actually.

Originally posted by afklol:

Depends on the country you live in. In the United States, that would not be legal since you are still a minor.

See, what is this?
Legality legality legality, who cares?
He asked is it right, not if it was legal.

Originally posted by MyTie:
Exactly, and screwing a 12 year old is equally fucked up.

If you think two 12year olds having a little “fun” is as bad as kill, you have some issues.
If you think a 12 year old doing something with say a 28year old is as bad as killing, you still have some issues, but at least that’s slightly reasonable in terms of what’s being taught.

Originally posted by MyTie:
What’s wrong with you people?

Hey, that’s my question.
What is wrong with you, and almost everyone else in this thread.

Clearly you don’t value human lives, or children’s lives whatsoever, like most people.

Originally posted by helltank:

I think that 12 year olds should only have sex if THEY USE PROTECTION. I mean, think about it. The age of consent is to prevent parents who are emotionally immature and cannot handle the responsibilities of having a child. If they use protection there will be no child, so…

Even if the protection doesn’t work(“condom breaks”), there’s always abortion. And please don’t go “ABORTION ISN’T RIGHT” on me as that’s a discussion for another thread.

You can always adopt the child out, not to mention all the other reasons.
I seriously hope you don’t think that’s why the age of consent exists. It’s not to protect children in that way at all, if any.

Oh, and if someone uses that abortion isn’t a right argument, just shove their mouth with examples of it being potentially dangerous for people less than 13 to have a child. Sometimes dangerous past that as well, but generally at 14 it’s (fairly) safe to give birth to one.

Originally posted by SWATLLAMA:

For species that mature at that age and are supposed to, like small dogs, yes. For humans, no.

Everything pretty much matures like we do.
We just restrict it.
There’s a reason why sheltered kids are different from non-sheltered ones and often end up being less mature when they get their freedom in their late teens/early 20s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:
Some of the posters were just disgusting and in America would be imprisoned for being a pedophile.

Daily reminder you can be imprisoned in America for thought crimes.

I might ask them how they feel about the little girl in Aurora, Colorado who was 12 years old on her way to school when some dipstick abducted her, raped her, and then mutilated her body before leaving her in an empty field. Would that be ok in their delusional idea of sex with minors?

Almost anyone aside from a very very very small group of people (less than 0.001%) of the pedophile community at that would be okay with it.
The others would be willing to kill the bastard who did it without fear, or at least most of them.
Now the normal community that we’re in, I’m sure everyone else would feel the same way. Kill the bastard without fear.

I visit various websites that have very large populations of openly pedophiles, none of what you “normals” say is true.
If you’d stop be ignorant and open your eyes, they’re just like you aside from having an odd attraction. The ones who want to kidnap, rape and just generally kill kids are hated globally by everyone.

Then again, I’m sure you know this considering there’s groups that think just like you that go and assault innocent places that they visit simply because they’re there with nasty comments. Be it hateful to them, or impersonating.

It’s very interesting when you see who and what pedophiles really are, and you realize how everyone is just completely brainwashed on the subject in every way. Makes me wonder if some of these brutal rapes aren’t really real and that they’re just propaganda considering how few are willing to do such a thing.

(1) Helltank, do you honestly think a 12 YO should have sex if they use a condom or something similar? (2) The age of consent is to protect a child from predators who are screwed up in the head and prey on children to satisfy their odd idea of a sexual encounter. (3) I can honestly say, if I found out someone was stalking one of my grandchildren, this old dog would hunt.

(1) Why shouldn’t children have sex with each other if they have a condom or something to prevent unwanted pregnancies?
If no rape is involved or anything of that such, what’s the issue?

(2) Sure, I agree it’s there to “protect” children from predators. I agree, that’s what’s it’s advertised to be for, unlike what Ninja claimed.
But once again, the propaganda you were fed is showing. They’re out of the normal, they must be screwed up in the head! They like something out of the normal, they must be a predator! They’re monsters that are trying to prey on your child!
Sure is nice.

(3) I’m sure they’d do the same and return the favor right back with a bullet to your head, as you clearly would do to the “stalker”. Most carry if it’s legal or not, even if they aren’t doing anything with a child at all just out of the fear that someone with accuse them of something or his online history will be discovered showing that he talked to pedophiles or saw things.
Then once again, your propaganda is showing. They would stalk my child or grandchild, they wouldn’t be friend or relative or anything! I should kill someone because they enjoy being around my child, and isn’t and doesn’t plan on doing anything sexual!

If you want to prevent someone from “assaulting” your grandchildren or children, look at the closest people in the circle or new people.
The gay guy, the “Asexual” guy, the “Lesbian” women, any of that.
Sure, don’t assault them just because of it, but keep and eye on that and be aware.
Hell, just yesterday someone posted a message somewhere saying how they always pretend they’re gay so adult women will understand him not being attracted to them. And what do you know, it allows him to be around children because no one suspects a gay male to do anything with a female child.

All that bullshit that they say to teach your kids is trash, the only thing to prevent someone from doing a kidnapping is be a good fucking parent and keep your child happy so someone doesn’t feel like they’d be “saving” them.
If they do get kidnapped, put a $10-25k no-arrest return of your child/grandchild. More if you have the money because if they’re planning on selling the child then they could easily get a little more money than that.

No arrest, 10-25k cash reward.
If you want your child back alive and safe, do this.
If not you’re taking a horrible game of Russian roulette that you will most likely not win. And if you do, the kid will still most likely come out “abused” in one way or another instead of just being slightly scared.

Worst case something does happen, don’t let it go on the national news if possible, and don’t blow it up.
Keep it as low as possible, if not the harm will only increase.
Try to comfort them and all without therapists because they seem to make things worse by making the problem bigger than it has to be.
Sure, it’s a big problem I guess, but you can minimize the problem and create an illusion that it wasn’t as big as it really was.

Originally posted by jhco50:

(1) In America, we do and have prosecuted people for having an unusual desire for children. Even at the age of 16-18 we have prosecuted teachers who have this strange affliction. Your suggestion that it is ok to be intimate with a 12 year old is ludicrous.

(cheche)… (2) He can’t get the death penalty, but can get life in prison. Law enforcement is guarding his house and have him protected while in jail. Even criminals won’t put up with his kind of crime.

(1) Which is completely and utterly retarded.
We prosecute people for a desire which they cannot control, nor one they want. I’d understand if they acted on it and it caused harm, but no. We do it for no reason, even if they haven’t done a single thing with a child.
That’s one of the biggest reasons I will rejoice when America falls, it’s a disgusting nation that’s completely retarded.

The only reason why you’re okay with it is because they dehumanized them to you, so it’s just like the “terrorists”, they deserve pain and death.
The difference is, hey, these people don’t chose to think that way.
But then again, people in the middle east don’t choose to be the “terrorists” we claim they are, if you catch my drift.

(2) Of course criminals wouldn’t tolerate him and would brutally murder him. As would literally over 99% of the pedo community.
Even the sadist ones that are hated on hate him and wanted him dead simply because of what he did.

If you say the outrage that happened when crimes like this happened, your world would be turned upside down.

(1.1) We protect our children until they are 18 years old. That is the age we feel they have gathered enough sense to start acting like adults. (2.1) At 21 we release them into the world. But these young people aren’t completely matured even at 21. Some are, some aren’t. (3) We expect to protect our children from adult things like sex until they are matured, mentally, physically, and emotionally. (4) I am not going to sit here and listen to people who want to exploit my/our children for their own obscure desires. (5) To even suggest that a 12 year old has any of the above attributes is idiocy.

(1.1) Wrong. We don’t protect our children until they are 18years old. We TRY to protect them. Be it through laws, or through what we try to teach them, or whatever it may be. But that doesn’t mean what we do really protects them, it could very well be harming them deeply.

(2.1) Really? I thought that was 18, sometimes even 17 or 16.
And exactly, some of these people aren’t mature even at 21, so why do you protect them till they’re 18 and not till they’re 21, or even a little older? Are you an awful parent or something?

(3) But as you said, we don’t. We stop “protecting” them when they’re 18, but they aren’t mature till they’re 21, or even older as you said.

(4) Their own desires? Well there’s that propaganda again.
I mean, what about their children, do you not care about them? Really though, there’s that propaganda again.

I still don’t get what your big issue on sex is. It’s not some dirty evil thing that should be hidden from children and teenagers. That causes more issues than being open with it.

(5) That very well can, but what’s stopping them from not? Nothing. We prevent them from growing, restrict them, don’t teach them what they’re always capable of learning, some of them can be at least.
Just as some 21year olds might not be mature, as you said.

Flag Post

I just need to ask, am I reading too much into things, or is it really possible to be prosecuted in the US for simply being attracted to a child? Don’t you have to act on the attraction in order to be prosecuted?

Flag Post

I just need to ask, am I reading too much into things, or is it really possible to be prosecuted in the US for simply being attracted to a child? Don’t you have to act on the attraction in order to be prosecuted?

Well, that depends.
You can be arrested for looking at child porn, or things the resemble it (ie; fake drawings or computer made images).
You can be arrested if there’s a good chance you are/will do something with a child, although you wouldn’t be charged with anything until they found some bullshit to charge you with while searching your home/computer with their nice court order.

There’s a reason why most pedophiles don’t go to therapists, it’s clear what can happen and how risky it is taking that chance.
Even if your case is thrown out, your entire family will most likely hate you and you’d be hated by the community as well as (maybe) have a note about something on your record.

Because of the pedo blowup in western countries (mainly), simply saying you’re attracted to children gets therapists the ability to report you out of fear you may act on it and molest a child or something of that such. Or out of fear you will see something.

Basically it’s been blown up to such an extreme anyone can be ruined by a simple claim they’re a pedo.

So being attracted to them isn’t a direct offense if kept secret, or public.
However if it goes public, even to close family members or friends it will most likely destroy your life, get police involved, get (maybe) evidence planted, ruin jobs for you or relationships, get you bad looks, tons of things really.

It’s awful.
But in general, as I said it’s not directly illegal.
However it would destroy your life if it went public or someone accused you of it/reported you, even if false.

Cops and therapists aren’t immune to propaganda, they’re normal just like you.
However, they’re worse. They were taught(usually) a deeper sense of evil than they portray on the news and in schools and all.
Cops dealing with child rapists and murderers and then being taught this is how all are and that they must be a pedo because they did something to/with a child.
Therapists get taught “how to spot a bad pedo” and also “what sexual things with children can do/what damage can a pedo do” as general and broad ways of covering all pedos which causes them to hate them more than the normal public.

I do admit a small group of therapists aren’t like that, but it’s not the risk for someone to take that chance.
I don’t trust therapists as a result with any of my issues. I have some mental issues but because of how they treat pedophiles and the amount of power they have, I don’t trust them.
If such a topic came up where I said I don’t think ____ always results badly, they could accuse me of being a pedo that is in danger of harming children.

You see?

EDIT: Holy Jesus, 78WPM freestyle typing actual sentences. Wow.

Flag Post

Without question, the answer is: NO

In modern society, NO.

In the distant past, in some third world country, in a situation where our entire species was in danger… those are all situations that do not exist for anyone reading this forum. So considering those extreme situations is not relevant.

The answer is: NO.

-Michael

Tower of Elements – match 3, tower defense, rpg

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

You see?

Yeah, I understand, thanks for the explanation.

Originally posted by Frogdice:

Without question, the answer is: NO

In modern society, NO.

In the distant past, in some third world country, in a situation where our entire species was in danger… those are all situations that do not exist for anyone reading this forum. So considering those extreme situations is not relevant.

The answer is: NO.

Why?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zachary_Greene:

You can be arrested for looking at child porn, or things the resemble it (ie; fake drawings or computer made images).

EDIT: Holy Jesus, 78WPM freestyle typing actual sentences. Wow.

False. lolicon has been legal in the USA since 2004.

Flag Post
False. lolicon has been legal in the USA since 2004.

lolicon as in anime “type” drawnings, but not as in the computer-generated images.
Anyways, in the UK it’s illegal under the Consultation on the Possession of Non-Photographic Visual Depictions of Child thingy.

However, it’s not illegal in united states (in most cases I believe), however it still is.
You might be able to be charged with obscenity, and I’m sure a court in the USA would convict someone with that at the very least, or at would after the prosecutors throw around the world “child” “pedophile” and other scary words.

Not to mention the classic destroying your life thing that could happen, or whatever it may be.
So it isn’t directly illegal, but it is, as well as the scary chance some bastard with fuck with their life for having such a thing or something of that such.

I wasn’t talking about that though.
I was talking about the ones that are designed to look exactly like “the real thing” and all that.
I forgot the term for it, but I remember it is illegal in both USA and the UK because it looked “too real” or something like that.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

i dont see a problem as long as you use a condem (unless you want a child ) and know what you are doing

Flag Post

(because their brain is incomplete,

source?

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

(because their brain is incomplete,

source?

Not really the best way t put it, but basically this is correct. The human brain takes a pretty long time to mature compared to other animals. This is why being of age is often defined as being 16, 18 or in some countries even 21 years old. Around 18 you can be considered psychologically adult. Around there you are really able to interpret situations and judge the consequences of your actions.
12 is often seen as the point where you start to develop from a child into an adult (e.g. in Jean Piaget theory; very influential developmental psychologist), but it still takes a while until you become an adult.