i fucking hate youtube

75 posts

Flag Post

so youtube just gave me a popup asking me my real name to give to people rather than some stupid nick. i denied, and got a new popup that couldn’t be closed, that forced me to make a choice why i didn’t want it, with no option for “fuck off with your incessent attempts at compromising my internet anonymity and safety”.

it didn’t look like spyware.

so anyway, what do you people believe we should do about these evil, corrupt organisations incessently trying to ruin the internet for us?

(i’m really, really, really, really sick of it)

Flag Post

…Just put your screenname in the name box? D’oh?

Flag Post

sure. although it asked a first and a last name. but it bothered me with that in the middle of writing some comment to some ignorant video (youtube comments is the most hilarious place in the world). it gave me the option to refuse, so i clicked that, and then it punished me with a new popup forcing me to choose why i didn’t, with no way to close or go to previous popup.

of course i could just click at random, but seriously this shit needs to stop. i made a facebook account with a fake name, and it immediately gave the names of all my friends and other people i know…how the fuck did it know those were people i knew? i didn’t tell it anything and gave a fake name.

i was also on a completely unrelated random site (looking up something through google), and that website allowed me to subscribe to someone’s channel with a button, and next to it was my youtube username. despite having my cooky privacy at “normal/high” this random website read my youtube cooky.

i just had it with this shit. it’s evil, and i’m not kidding. they know everything about you, everything. your name, your pictures, your job, your education, everyone you know, and all that information about everyone you know as well.

this is a situation that is completely unpresidented, and was predicted by conspiracy theorists decades ago as a way to gain control over people. there is no telling how much power this can give them.

for instance, it used to be possible to fight a government in an underground. this seems unnecessary and even criminal, but in history has been essential very often. it is very possibly crucial to societal stability that there is this option, just like the option of strikes or impeaches.

now, with the advent of all these websites compromising your safety in these ways (all of the involved sites are run by Jwes, btw…just an observation), this becomes impossible now except for hackers. and yes, the only groups we see now doing this is Anonymous and Wikileaks.

…a new era dawned. i’m not joking.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

of course i could just click at random, but seriously this shit needs to stop. i made a facebook account with a fake name, and it immediately gave the names of all my friends and other people i know…how the fuck did it know those were people i knew? i didn’t tell it anything and gave a fake name.

Several ways. IP address, CPU ident, cookie data on your identity from the last time you used your main account, session information from the browser.

i was also on a completely unrelated random site (looking up something through google), and that website allowed me to subscribe to someone’s channel with a button, and next to it was my youtube username. despite having my cooky privacy at “normal/high” this random website read my youtube cooky.

Cookie privacy is an optional standard. Nobody has to adhere to it when they write the things, and if the unrelated website has iframe content drawn from YouTube, they can route the request for your cookie data through the YouTube server which does have permission to access it, and its easy to pass the information on without you doing anything. A fundamental part of how the Document Object Model system works.

i just had it with this shit. it’s evil, and i’m not kidding. they know everything about you, everything. your name, your pictures, your job, your education, everyone you know, and all that information about everyone you know as well.

They only know what you told various servers in the first place.

Flag Post

They don’t know anything accurate that you haven’t told them at some point

all of the involved sites are run by Jwes, btw…just an observation

Maybe it is all part of an evil Jew plot to take over the world? Would be an M Night Shyamalan twist if it turned out the Muslims weren’t evil and were actually helping us fight the insidious Jew. Maybe the Mayans saw the Jew coup coming and it will happen 21st December 2012!!!

(sorry but I just cannot reply seriously to such idiotic statements)

a new era dawned. i’m not joking.

Seriously? YouTube asking you for your name is the dawning of a new era? Or are you just a little butthurt you can’t sit in your V for Vendetta mask with your anonymous protection letting you say whatever you like. You don’t even have to give your real name! It’s not like YouTube are going to check it.

Sorry I just don’t really have time for the kids that cry conspiracy because sites know details that they have been given at some time by the user.

If you’d complained about details being sold for marketing purposes we’d of had more of a debate but this is pretty thin on debate worthy material.

Flag Post
They only know what you told various servers in the first place.
They don’t know anything accurate that you haven’t told them at some point

well, i made a facebook account under a false name, and immediately it knew everyone i knew. my guess is they imported my msn messenger contacts from my email adress, while i haven’t used MSN in years, and i only added those contacts over ten years ago when none of this was going on. they even knew all my via via contacts.

they know more about me than i do.

Maybe it is all part of an evil Jew plot to take over the world? Would be an M Night Shyamalan twist if it turned out the Muslims weren’t evil and were actually helping us fight the insidious Jew. Maybe the Mayans saw the Jew coup coming and it will happen 21st December 2012!!!

(sorry but I just cannot reply seriously to such idiotic statements)

it’s not idiotic. it’s simply true. i made an observation that’s simply true. we’re talking about English language websites, so they’re all in the largest conglomerate of English language speakers: the USA. about 2% of Americans are Jewish Americans, and of all the major English-language websites all of them except Wikipedia are owned primarily by Jews. and what do you know…Wikipedia is also the only one of all those websites that isn’t involved in this. this cannot be conincidence, so then, what is it?

Seriously? YouTube asking you for your name is the dawning of a new era? Or are you just a little butthurt you can’t sit in your V for Vendetta mask with your anonymous protection letting you say whatever you like. You don’t even have to give your real name! It’s not like YouTube are going to check it.

Sorry I just don’t really have time for the kids that cry conspiracy because sites know details that they have been given at some time by the user.

If you’d complained about details being sold for marketing purposes we’d of had more of a debate but this is pretty thin on debate worthy material.

uhm…details being sold for marketing purposes is very old news by now. and i’m not a little kid, i have no affiliation with Anonymous, i do not own a Guy Fawkes mask, so what the hell are you talking about?

i’m talking about the bigger issue here. it doesn’t have to be a formal conspiracy, but it is a big change, effected by a group of people, all within the Jewish community for some reason.

i could give a false name, but it doesn’t matter. they already know everything they need to know. they got the names, pictures, contacts, jobs, education, hobbies, fears email-adresses, and everything of every contact i have. they can easily look up phone-numbers and living adresses.

this is a very sudden change, that didn’t exist 10 years ago. a major change in only 10 years. they can also triangulate the moving about of pretty much everyone, if you’re carrying your cellphone or any such device.

we’ve entered the age of cyberpunk. and there’s no telling what all this centralised information could do. a community of people is now controlling all this information, everything, about everyone. why did they want to?

meanwhile we take all of freedom, prosperity and democracy for granted…

Flag Post

I think the point about the ‘jews owning the internet’ might make more sense if you added a bit more to it. Namely, ‘so what?’ Shadowy cabals do not exist merely to annoy dutch youtube users.

My main point though is that one particular race of people owning or operating a large share of the total resources of x isn’t necessarily a problem or issue. Probably the reason is that one of Israel’s main private sphere industries is the internet.

Flag Post

well, could you stop putting the focus on Jews? i hardly mentioned them. this is not about the evil of Judaism, and i am not an anti-semite. this is about cyber-omniscience in the hands of the few, and what those people are up to. Jews are completely incedental to my worries.

i am more worried about would-be dictators than Jews. but when my worries are about websites that all happen to be owned by Jews how could i not mention it? it’s still incedental.

Flag Post

Well…I mean…we could kill them (the organizations…not the Jews lol)…the Mississippi River always has room for more bodies…

Flag Post

Eh, this ain’t facebook.

Flag Post

well, could you stop putting the focus on Jews? i hardly mentioned them. this is not about the evil of Judaism, and i am not an anti-semite. this is about cyber-omniscience in the hands of the few, and what those people are up to. Jews are completely incedental to my worries.

i am more worried about would-be dictators than Jews. but when my worries are about websites that all happen to be owned by Jews how could i not mention it? it’s still incedental.

Really? because your posts sure sound exactly how dd790 described them – like that of a tinfoil hat nutjob obsessed with every idiotic power-to-the-people V for Vendetta conspiracy theory. And now you’re saying you just sort of ‘threw in’ the bit about the jews, well…why would you expect anyone to bother taking you seriously?

Flag Post

what are you talking about? i didn’t even mention Jews anywhere in my OP. i only added it in parenthesis in a follow up post. this is not about that. i don’t care if these people are jewish christian muslim atheist or flying teapot worshippers. it’s just the fact that they all come from a similar group that makes it more fishy.

stop jumping up with this AAAAAH ANTISEMETISM!! bullshit. it’s totally knee-jerking.

this is about the behavior of some websites i have a major problem with. what, you expect me to not point out how all of them happen to be owned by the same small religious group (which is not an ethnicity, nor a nationality, btw)? come on now, isn’t these knee-jerk PC defences a little purile?

Flag Post

well, i made a facebook account under a false name, and immediately it knew everyone i knew. my guess is they imported my msn messenger contacts from my email adress, while i haven’t used MSN in years, and i only added those contacts over ten years ago when none of this was going on. they even knew all my via via contacts.

This is mind-numbingly obvious, Omega. You’re using the same computer they link to having those contacts. You’re accessing the site with one of their own valid cookies active, telling them who you are. Of COURSE they’re going to offer to complete services for you as you just told them who you are.

this cannot be conincidence, so then, what is it?

Basic computer science.

i could give a false name, but it doesn’t matter. they already know everything they need to know. they got the names, pictures, contacts, jobs, education, hobbies, fears email-adresses, and everything of every contact i have. they can easily look up phone-numbers and living adresses.

Duh. Because YOU gave those details to them on your main account at one time or another.

If you wish to start over, clean all the identifying information off your computer first – and release your IP. This is basic identity management common sense.

this is a very sudden change, that didn’t exist 10 years ago. a major change in only 10 years. they can also triangulate the moving about of pretty much everyone, if you’re carrying your cellphone or any such device.

Yes, geographic information services or GIS, a young and rapidly growing augmented reality technology, based off of knowing where you are at all times so they can sell location-aware context ads, and can tell you where your friends are at all times. If you don’t wish to be tracked, don’t turn a GIS-enabled device on. This isn’t rocket science.

You can even be tracked without anyone knowing its you – don’t fill out any personal contact details on the phone, and use a shady source for it in the first place.

we’ve entered the age of cyberpunk. and there’s no telling what all this centralised information could do. a community of people is now controlling all this information, everything, about everyone. why did they want to?

No centrallised group of people is controlling anything. This is all basic, common sense targeted advertising and targeted service provision. Those who engage in it, do so in order to make more money. You can do that by selling personalised services, tailor-made to a specific individual and location.

If you do not wish to take part, do not sign up. It really is that simple.

Flag Post
Duh. Because YOU gave those details to them on your main account at one time or another.

If you wish to start over, clean all the identifying information off your computer first – and release your IP. This is basic identity management common sense.

no, other people did. everyone i know has a facebook account, where they tell the whole world who they have sex with, what their inner most fears are, and when their operation to reduce their labia is planned.

i try to not give away anything about myself, sorta, but they already know it anyway.

Basic computer science.

eh?

No centrallised group of people is controlling anything. This is all basic, common sense targeted advertising and targeted service provision. Those who engage in it, do so in order to make more money. You can do that by selling personalised services, tailor-made to a specific individual and location.

If you do not wish to take part, do not sign up. It really is that simple.

i wish not to take part. i haven’t signed up for anything with any kind of real name or anything (except for an email adress which i never use to sign up for anything else, just for real-life contacts)

doesn’t matter. they know everything. there is no stopping it. that’s the whole point. i can try to not buy into it, but everyone else is. the only way for me to not be affected is to simply not know anyone whatsoever, and never use the internet for anything. which is impossible.

and yes, they use it for all kinds of purposes like targeted advertising. but just because they use it for one thing, doesn’t mean they won’t use it for other things.

10 years ago this would have been considered absolutely shocking and everyone would be worried. why did we change? oh right… it’s popular.

Flag Post

Just because everyone you know has a facebook account, doesn’t mean you have to. You can still communicate without it.

You have signed up at some point with a real name, or they would not know it. You have told them who your contacts are, what your likes and dislikes are. Every time you click ‘like’ or ‘dislike’ on a YouTube video you tell google about your preferences, and google tells others.

10 years ago this would have been considered absolutely shocking and everyone would be worried. why did we change?

Disruptive technology wave. We’ve seen a lot of them over the past 15 years, and we’re seeing a lot more. They’re coming far closer together, like normal waves do as you move closer and closer to the epicentre of a disturbance.

Flag Post
Just because everyone you know has a facebook account, doesn’t mean you have to. You can still communicate without it.

right. but as i said, they know anyway.

You have signed up at some point with a real name, or they would not know it. You have told them who your contacts are, what your likes and dislikes are.

no i have not. but like i said, i have an email adress with my real name. i only use it for contact, because it’s just a hell of a lot easyer to have a contact adress other than “01241ptq43i5y-9ro34q”. but that means people i know have my email adress in their contact list, with my real name. and since they know everything about them, that means they have that too.

even if i didn’t have an email with a real name, i bet they could easily find it, from my registry anywhere where they register me with a real name, like school or something.

Disruptive technology wave. We’ve seen a lot of them over the past 15 years, and we’re seeing a lot more. They’re coming far closer together, like normal waves do as you move closer and closer to the epicentre of a disturbance.

what? … satire? from you?

Flag Post

Where do you see the satire, Omega? Really, where is it? I sure as hell don’t see it.

even if i didn’t have an email with a real name, i bet they could easily find it, from my registry anywhere where they register me with a real name, like school or something.

Well yeah. Go down to the town hall and look at the electoral rolls – the same as has been possible for at least fifty years. This is just baseless paranoia, that this strange ‘they’ will track you down and find out all about you, since knowing all about you is so important to ‘them’.

You’re just one record in a couple hundred million. There’s no conspiracy out to get you, Omega. Its just data mining operations, targeted advertising, and personalised service provision.

Flag Post
Where do you see the satire, Omega? Really, where is it? I sure as hell don’t see it.

oh ok…you were being serious then? then what’s this disruptive technology wave? that sounds interesting.

but anyway, i am not benifited from targeted advertising and personalised service provision much. i bet they are. but, my point is not that people are out to get me. i never said that. and they weren’t able to couple my real name to all the data about me they now know, because that data to match my name to didn’t used to exist.

it’s that they’ve made things so that they now know everything about everyone. they didn’t used to. 10 years ago, if any company was trying to get to know everything about everyone, everyone would be complaining about it. in fact i remember 10 years ago people were complaining about things FAR smaller than this.

i don’t feel personally threatened and i bet almost no-one does. but that is exactly the problem. we have given up what 10 years ago would have been considered valuable and necessary so readily. that’s what worries me.

in North Africa they used the internet to organise the overthrowing of corrupt governance. that’s great…the internet made that possible, and with that made El-Quaida obsolete. however, i worry about the flipside of the coin. they could use it the other way around as well. it would be far easier for some Hitler to stamp out all threats to his oppression if he knows everything about everyone.

Flag Post
come on now, isn’t these knee-jerk PC defences a little purile?

Actually, what I find a little puerile is young internet peepz ‘victimized’ by mildly annoying internet congloms who then go into conspiracy theory hysterics about how evil and insane and a threat to FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY™ YouTube is.

Wait, did I say ‘puerile’? Because I meant ‘fucking retarded’.

Flag Post

oh ok…you were being serious then? then what’s this disruptive technology wave? that sounds interesting.

There are many of them. The term refers to any new technology that breaks the old ways of doing things; opening up new possibilities we did not have before. It hits like a wave, up and down our society.

The thing with these disruptive waves is, progress is accelerating, and has been for a good long while now.It’s the fault of the computer revolution. it’s given us access to ways of looking at information we simply did not have before. Each new generation of computational capabilities lets us research new and better ways of computation in addition to everything else we do with it. As a result each new generation of processing power, data visualisation, expert system, etcetera, is far more powerful than the one before, and allows us to develop new technologies even faster.

It’s a self-perpetuating machine driven by our desire for knowledge.

New disruptive technologies are appearing faster than ever before, and year on year that pace of appearance is accellerating. That’s what ‘the singularity’ that many people refer to, actually is. As these new disruptive technologies come closer and closer together, there is a projected point in the mid 2030s where they will be coming virtually instantaneously after one another – at that point all bets are off, and all our previous models for our society go completely out the window.

but anyway, i am not benifited from targeted advertising and personalised service provision much. i bet they are.

Businesses are, which is the whole point. New target markets which never existed before. New ways of promotion. Ways to cost-effectively reach niche adiences. For you, there is better access than ever to items of niche interest to you.

because that data to match my name to didn’t used to exist.

It doesn’t match your name. It matches an ID number in the system, that may or may not have an actual human name attached to it. That ID number is associated with all these people, all these preferences, and a specific geographic area. S’why I use proxies to throw mine off. That and I like to keep my business and personal lives separate – they have separate interests.

it’s that they’ve made things so that they now know everything about everyone.

We are a LONG way from that point, assuming we ever reach it.

in North Africa they used the internet to organise the overthrowing of corrupt governance. that’s great…the internet made that possible, and with that made El-Quaida obsolete. however, i worry about the flipside of the coin. they could use it the other way around as well. it would be far easier for some Hitler to stamp out all threats to his oppression if he knows everything about everyone.

On the flipside, it makes it far easier to tell if someone is conducting such a search. That is the whole point of data mining – its an enabling technology, meant to make everything easier to find.

Flag Post

I luckily live in a country where the supreme leaders have all agreed that youtube is the work of imperalistic forces trying to undermine the well ordered stucture of their society…so it’s banned.

I do miss it…I like having my morals perverted…especially by the comments…sigh, I miss the comments that most of all. RAGE!!

Flag Post

Begs the question. Where is this exactly?

Flag Post

The People’s Republic of China

and to try to stay on topic…I agree with Omegadoom, I although my dislike is (was) towards Facebook and their annoying request or what have you.

But I also suppose Vika is right, there are ways to stop whatever annoys you on the internet…if you have the know how.

Flag Post

Just don’t use youtube if you don’t like it.

Flag Post

once i said minecraft in a topic, then a BUILDCRAFT ad popped up. i was like DAFAQ, i dont even like mods! but that is not my point. i see it as about 60% of adds are trying to get you to buy something. but you can always ignore it (like a telemarketer)