honey boo boo - your opinions

20 posts

Flag Post

so what do you think about it?
(all ten episodes can easily be watched on youtube)
for me it was an opportunity to see what americans are like
this is what i think:

anna chickadee:
very atrractive and nice girl. she should move out with her boyfriend and have a good life.

the other two sisters aged 15 and 12:
kinda nice girls, but they really need to lose weight.

sugar bear:
very good man and loving father. he actually even loves his idiotic and fat wife (actually not a wife)
he is paying the bills for everything including the idioctic pangeants. he ha s agood car

alana honey boo boo:
apparently a lively child. with minimal efford (she keeps running around all the time) and better healthy food, she could lose weight fast.
forcing her to go to beyatu contest is unethical of her mom. she has no chance against the slim nice girls

mama june.
the good part: she loves her kids and i believe she is doing all this to help them (money for show)
i would not judge her as mother and wife, since having 4 kids is a lot of work, so she is kinda coping
the bad part is how he treats sugar bear – i mean he is willing to take care of all the piglet family and even love her, and she is just so ugly and ignorant of him.
cooking and food part is also horrible.
the worst part is forcing alana to do beauty contests. mama june does this because she herself is ugly and fat.
its really unethical. it costs her family money, that could be spent on education and better diet, also, alana has no chance on the contests. she is born fat and of simpyl average appearance, she will keep losing against really beautifil slim girls with good appearance.
she should put her on some sports club. but i guess there is no such thing as sport for kids for free in USA.
also its horrible how they have to pay for Anna medical care. USA is just werd and sad place to live, unless your top 1%.

glitz the pig:
most favourite character by far.
but it really is too noise for a pet. i would pick gunea pig as pet. but they will have fun with baby

overall:
the family loves each other, which is good. most haters woould actually wish they had that
the only sick part uis the pageants (beauty contests for kids)

Flag Post

I’ve never seen Honey Boo Boo, and I probably never will. I dislike the idea of child beauty pageants, though. They teach kids that beauty is exterior. Not something that will foster self esteem in kids at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:

I’ve never seen Honey Boo Boo, and I probably never will. I dislike the idea of child beauty pageants, though. They teach kids that beauty is exterior. Not something that will foster self esteem in kids at all.

unfortunately its the truth…… good looks gets you extremely far, and most importantly, it guarantees good sex and family live and ability to find a wife

Flag Post
Originally posted by NicolBolas:

unfortunately its the truth…… good looks gets you extremely far, and most importantly, it guarantees good sex and family live and ability to find a wife

Well, exterior beauty may gain you popularity, but I’ve never found that to be important. It also helps gain a family, but a family based on exterior looks? That can’t be a long lasting or happy marriage, because looks don’t last. I’ve been told I’m a handsome man, and I’ve never had trouble getting the attention of women I fancied, but I never fancied women I found superficial. I didn’t look for the most beautiful woman, or the easiest one. I took about 6 years to settle down with my wife, whom thinks like I do, and has common interests and goals.

The point is, that superficiality will aid immensely in gaining superficial life goals. South Park did an episode about this. It was some episode about “a list” the girls had made which ranked the boys in order of cuteness. The boys fight to get on top of the list, but in the end, the ugliest kid does the best in life because instead of going on dates and hanging out with girls, he studies and learns to play the piano. Don’t focus on looks. Find someone that makes your life happier.

Flag Post

Honey Boo Boo simply proves that God has a sense of humor…

AND, that this joke is ON US.

LOL

Flag Post

Oh….the Honey Boo Boo thing is easy to criticize, for a lot of reasons. I don’t really care for the idea (even though I’ve watched it) because it’s obnoxious and exploitative of children. The above poster was right when referencing Honey’s average appearance—she’s not ugly, but the beauty pageant stuff is only possible with expensive outfits and makeup just caked on in an adult manner.

She should probably lose weight. Did you know the family sometimes gets road kill and eats it? Those priorities are way screwed up.

Flag Post

Why does good looks mean good sex? There are a number of factors that make for good sex, sexual attraction is ofcourse needed but is not the most important thing.

Good looks mean a better family life? Again I would like to know how you arrived at this conclusion. Ability to find a partner has nothing to do with looks, if your relationship is built on looks then it is not likely to be a very sturdy one.

As for the topic I know very little about Honey Boo Boo and I refuse to give it attention and waste my life on actually going watching the thing. It is trash television at it’s lowest, sadly though there is a huge market for such trash which shows how low society has fallen

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Honey Boo Boo simply proves that God has a sense of humor…

AND, that this joke is ON US.

LOL

Praise it. I’d agree with you. Lol

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:
Ability to find a partner has nothing to do with looks, if your relationship is built on looks then it is not likely to be a very sturdy one.

Not true. Human beings on the whole are pretty shallow; we appeal to appearance first and get to know the personality later. Good looks, by the way, imply good health, which is a biological advantage for reproduction (if you want to think of the scientific reasons behind this vanity).

If you don’t think looks have some corrolation with better quality of life, just look into social discrimination.

Flag Post

Looks shouldn’t “matter”,,,
(unfortunately?) they do,,,
a lot for some of us,,,
not so much for some of us.

It’s not so much that they “matter”,,,
it’s how much “mattering” gets in our way of “seeing” the REAL QUALITIES that ensure an enduring relationship.

It’s PERSPECITVE, man….perspective.
Keep your interests//desires in perspective.

We can’t “help” what we find to be attractive (to//for us)
BUT, we can be in control of how much we “listen” (rate) to that urge.
AND, we can constantly evaluate how much we are responding to bombarding of stereotypical images of what “others” tell us is “beauty”.

As Ninj says: Good health is a lot of true physical beauty.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

As Ninj says: Good health is a lot of true physical beauty.

I guess it works both ways. People who are healthy tend to look more confident and attractive. Likewise, being attractive (muscles, clear eyes, white teeth, all that) implies good health.

Flag Post

i just had some sketti with a roadkill

do you think roadkill and sketti is a legit family food?

i think yes…… as the economic crises progresses, the situation will become even more desperate

Flag Post

Guarantees good sex? What do you mean by good sex? Are you talking quality or quantity? Either way, I doubt good looks guarantees them.
Guarantees good family life? Again, good looks do not guarantee this.
Increases ability to find a wife(partner)? This I would agree with.

Flag Post

i think yes…… as the economic crises progresses, the situation will become even more desperate

I think you are trolling. You can afford the internet, a computer to access it, a house with electricity to power it yet you have to eat road kill because you can’t afford food?

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

Guarantees good sex? What do you mean by good sex? Are you talking quality or quantity? Either way, I doubt good looks guarantees them.
Guarantees good family life? Again, good looks do not guarantee this.
Increases ability to find a wife(partner)? This I would agree with.

yes – makes partner finfingmuch easier, both in quantity and quality which in turn leads to a better quality family live. and plenty of sex either way

Flag Post
Originally posted by dd790:

I think you are trolling. You can afford the internet, a computer to access it, a house with electricity to power it yet you have to eat road kill because you can’t afford food?

i have those things, but i need to save money where i can, i.e. food. i need internet for a bettr chance at life and getting a job

Flag Post

i have those things, but i need to save money where i can, i.e. food. i need internet for a bettr chance at life and getting a job

I would argue that gathering roadkill for food would actually lose someone money. Not only is there the gas and transportation to retrieve it, but there are the cooking supplies to prepare it. Add in the fact that you could get some nasty disease or disorder such as E. Coli that may result in costly Dr’s visits.

I don’t know why people forget that there are very accessible churches and social services to help them eat. Food closets, people.

Flag Post

Hell, dumpster-diving at local fast-food restaurants is a whoooole lot better.
Ya can walk or ride yer bicycle to ‘em.
Hop right in and dine away.
OR, ya can actually go inside and get a small drink or free water and,,,
either hit the tables where ppl leave food as they leave.
OR, at the worst, dig in the trash cans….
at least the food there hasn’t been all wadded up to go to the dumpster.

Caution, before ya jump into a dumpster….YELL.
Honey boo boo & family might be in there…
and, ya just might end up being the entree.

Flag Post

….and ramen is pretty damn cheap. We’re talking…0.33 per meal cheap. It’s not hard just to eat safe food.

Flag Post

the title sounds so bad, i don’t even wanna see it.