USA and GLOBAL POLLUTION PROBLEMS.

7 posts

Flag Post

I was just outside with my dad who was using preen weed preventer that he had for 5 years when I wondered whats in that stuff which made me think does it pollute and I ran in and made this thread.If your wondering were going to discuss pollution problems here

Flag Post

Uh, you should probably work on your thread a bit, before you start an entirely new one.

Flag Post

What thread?

Flag Post

this thread. you announce that there will be a discussion in this thread. i’m not seeing any. why did you start a thread if you’re not going to start a discussion?

Flag Post

can see where he is trying to go with this, but he has not done any thinking about what some call pollution and what in real life are good chemicals. Let’s leave out genetically modified foods as this is a bit different.

Chemicals, which some think are so terrible have allowed our country to grow enough food to feed the world. They allow us a life that would otherwise be backwards. We would never have reduced disease from insects that have killed millions of people. Chemicals are used in all facets of modern life and are a lot more beneficial than hazardous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

Chemicals are used in all facets of modern life and are a lot more beneficial than hazardous.

Most of the time. I think some may still be up for debate; the long term effects of pesticides, that is. I’ve seen some people have genetic issues due to either pesticides or some of the things that are added to our foods. I personally would buy all organic if I could afford it, but I can’t always, and then there’s the issue of convenience/availability….

Flag Post

2 millions plastic bottles are used every 5 minutes in the U.S… dunno if it is related to pollution lol