Liberal Race Baiting page 5

140 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:
And this where i disagree. According to the link above about 22-23% of those that are conservative/republican disapprove interracial marriage between whites and blacks. That is in no way a insignificant portion. And since this is just one indicator of Racism, the number is likely to be even higher.

It’s 17 points different from liberals. In 20 years, when the generation that lived through and remains bitter about civil rights, the spread will likely be no greater than 10, if that.

While I thought most of us were talking in “real time”, this look into the future is most reasonable. I would simply believe it COULD take two or even 3 generations for this to abate to a discernible level.

The South still has issues w/ its Confederate Dixie flag as being strongly associate w/ racism. It even took Southern state goverments a looooong time after the war to “fade away” from it. "South Carolina being the last one.

Now that still does not mean the majority of the party is Racist but when it covers about Quarter of the members its not just a fringe group either.

I still hold that’s simply the regionalness of the South and their history and not an indication of how a Republican actually feels. I’d imagine if the sammple left out the South, the percentages would be right there w/ the Moderate level.

Yeah, I certainly want to see a much better breakdown of comparisons: regional, educational, financial earnings, age, race, etc. I believe what we’d see would mirror your sentiments, issen.

Flag Post

Sorry about the (near) identical posts…
at least they are on different pages….lol
The reason being: when I went to edit the first one, that first link expanded the window so much that I couldn’t “Submit Reply” or hit “delete”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:Good, I’m very happy that ya have now backed off your initial presentation of this being the case. At least YOU are able to respond to serious opposition to YOUR hyperbole.

I never presented it as my opinion in the first place. I’m actually still waiting for a quote from Johnny of someone who said that “most liberals race bait”. The sad hypocrisy here is that you are putting words in my mouth, to make me look bad, and then painting me as repentant from my “hyperbole”, which is itself hyperbole. But, I’ve come to expect this kind of crap from you. I’d like to see you argue with someone’s actual statements, for once, instead of insulting them, or arguing against an invented statement, that is, the straw man.

Flag Post

What part of “fringe groups in the South do not represent Conservative and/or Republican intentions and ideologies” do y’all not understand? Christ…and Karma keeps bitching about hyperbole…lol how ironic…

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:Good, I’m very happy that ya have now backed off your initial presentation of this being the case. At least YOU are able to respond to serious opposition to YOUR hyperbole.

I never presented it as my opinion in the first place. I’m actually still waiting for a quote from Johnny of someone who said that “most liberals race bait”. The sad hypocrisy here is that you are putting words in my mouth, to make me look bad, and then painting me as repentant from my “hyperbole”, which is itself hyperbole. But, I’ve come to expect this kind of crap from you. I’d like to see you argue with someone’s actual statements, for once, instead of insulting them, or arguing against an invented statement, that is, the straw man.

Well, you used the word mainstream several times and going by the actual definition of that word it should be understandable why i got that idea.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mainstream

Originally posted by scoopolard:

What part of “fringe groups in the South do not represent Conservative and/or Republican intentions and ideologies” do y’all not understand? Christ…and Karma keeps bitching about hyperbole…lol how ironic…

The part where the racist percentage is above 22% and most likely even higher then 25%, since the question was just about approving interracial marriages. Thats not just fringe groups in the south. I would be doubtful if the statistical percentage of liberals that do real race-baiting reaches that high.

Flag Post

I never presented it as my opinion in the first place.

Did I say that YOUR “presentation” was actually YOUR “opinion”. How drool of ya to think so….maybe touchy?.
YOU presented the point. I responded to it. The inference that the fact that YOU presented it and it being YOUR opinion is ALL IN YOUR HEAD. Got it? Good.

I’m actually still waiting for a quote from Johnny of someone who said that “most liberals race bait”.

Good. I hope yer wait ain’t long nor futile nor boring.

The sad hypocrisy here is that you are putting words in my mouth, to make me look bad, and then painting me as repentant from my “hyperbole”, which is itself hyperbole.

W H A T ? Could ya say that again…this time in English?

I see that YOU so very often whine on this “putting-words-in-my-mouth” thing. Could it be that YOU are merely mistaking ppl’s responses to YOUR posts in a manner that reflects HOW YOU PRESENTED THEM?

Plus, I give a shit if YOU are “repentant” about anything. YOU are the one who is religious and “repentant” likely means something entirely DIFFERENT to YOU than what it does to me. I have NO intent to have ANYONE be "repentant.

But, I’ve come to expect this kind of crap from you.

Good….
I’m happy we cleared THAT up.
I wouldn’t want ya to go on thinking I was trying to sell ya some Amway products.

I’d like to see you argue with someone’s actual statements, for once, instead of insulting them, or arguing against an invented statement, that is, the straw man.

Okay…wish granted.
Now, ya’ve got only two remaining…..choose well.
LOL
Originally posted by scoopolard:

Scoop, even REPUBLICANS—the MODERATE ones that is—have no problem admitting the strong “bias” their southern “brethren” have.

Of course, the (few?) moderate Republicans//“conservatives” in the South aren’t represented by the (fringe?) bigoted “thinking” on racial issues. What part of “bell curve” do YOU not understand. What most of us “dirty, race-baiting liberals” are speaking of is the ELEVATED amount of racial bias deeply rooted in the deep South.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnnyBeGood:Well, you used the word mainstream several times and going by the actual definition of that word it should be understandable why i got that idea.

Simple misunderstanding. Glad we got it clarified.

Originally posted by karmakoolkid:Could ya say that again…this time in English?

Karma, I don’t know how to explain this any clearer.

I said that I don’t think the majority of liberals race bait.
You said that you were glad I was backing off my previous statement.
I never previously said that the majority of liberals race bait.

Therefore, you were making up my original statement, something I didn’t actually say. You were pretty insulting and immature about it too. Why not knock it off, huh? That’s be nice. Thanks.

Flag Post
Karma, I don’t know how to explain this any clearer.

I said that I don’t think the majority of liberals race bait.
You said that you were glad I was backing off my previous statement.
I never previously said that the majority of liberals race bait.

Therefore, you were making up my original statement, something I didn’t actually say. You were pretty insulting and immature about it too. Why not knock it off, huh? That’s be nice. Thanks.

MyTie….this is YOUR fucking thread.
It’s title: LIBERAL RACE BATING.
It DOES NOT say: “I don’t think a majority of liberals race bait…BUT.”

YOUR second post in the thread says:

I think this is a cop out. Liberals have SLAMMED conservatives for so called “racism” for a long time now,…

NOTE: Ya sure as hell implied ALL liberals rather than a majority or even a minority…eh?

NOW, did I put THOSE words in YOUR mouth?
Does THAT look like YOUR “original statement” that I made up?

I said I was glad that ya were backing off of such hyperbole by saying the “..don’t think MOST liberals race bait.” thing.
I find it “immature” when someone has the audacity to make a statement and then can’t even remember the basic tenents of it….all the while emending it to fit the prevailing winds of contention. It looks like some kind of etch-a-sketch thingy….LOL
Why not knock it off, hun? That’s be nice. Thanks.

Flag Post

I refuse to defend arguments you have imagined me making.

Flag Post
NOTE: Ya sure as hell implied ALL liberals rather than a majority or even a minority…eh?

You took what your interpretation was, one that My Tie said was wrong, and claimed that was his argument. So yes, you did put the words in his mouth.

My Tie’s point is that media members in the left instantly jump to the conclusion that Republicans are against Obama because he’s black – that race is the primary motivation behind any and all disagreements. It’s blatantly obvious what My Tie meant, you just look for any opportunity to blow anything he says completely out of proportion.

Flag Post

I refuse to defend arguments you have imagined me making.

You took what your interpretation was, one that My Tie said was wrong, and claimed that was his argument. So yes, you did put the words in his mouth.

My Tie’s point is that media members in the left instantly jump to the conclusion that Republicans are against Obama because he’s black – that race is the primary motivation behind any and all disagreements. It’s blatantly obvious what My Tie meant, you just look for any opportunity to blow anything he says completely out of proportion.

Whatever.
It’s right there in black & white.

AND, that in bold, is exactly the very hyperbole that MyTie is using while he accuses the media of INSTANTLY doing it. What irony. I don’t have to put anything in his mouth. He’s doing quite well at making his own foolish frothing.

AND, by the way, issen…refuting the point of what someone says IS NOT THE SAME as “putting words in their mouth”. Just because MyTie says MY interpretation is “wrong” don’t mean shit to me. Perhaps HE is “wrong” in saying so? Why are YOU so intent on “taking HIS side” on the issue? OH YEAH, ya’re a “conservative”, also…..lol.

Flag Post
AND, that in bold, is exactly the very hyperbole that MyTie is using while he accuses the media of INSTANTLY doing it. What irony. I don’t have to put anything in his mouth. He’s doing quite well at making his own foolish frothing.

Do you need examples of this occuring? Do you want examples of journalists lamenting that the GOP only go after colored members of the Obama administration. This really surprised me – all this time I thought Timothy Geithner was white. How foolish of me.

AND, by the way, issen…refuting the point of what someone says IS NOT THE SAME as “putting words in their mouth”. Just because MyTie says MY interpretation is “wrong” don’t mean shit to me. Perhaps HE is “wrong” in saying so?

You’re right – I’m sure you understand My Tie’s point much better than My Tie does.

Why are YOU so intent on “taking HIS side” on the issue? OH YEAH, ya’re a “conservative”, also…..lol.

Because I enjoy pointing out when you’re wrong : )

Flag Post

issen, like I said….it’s all there in black & white:

He said: Originally posted by MyTie: I think this is a cop out. Liberals have SLAMMED conservatives for so called “racism” for a long time now,…

He then said: Originally posted by MyTie:
Karma, I don’t know how to explain this any clearer. I said that I don’t think the majority of liberals race bait.

I said: Originally posted by karmakoolkid: Good, I’m very happy that ya have now backed off your initial presentation of this being the case.

He then said: “The sad hypocrisy here is that you are putting words in my mouth, to make me look bad, and then painting me as repentant from my “hyperbole”, which is itself hyperbole.”

NOW, do ya wanna STILL say that I’m “putting words in HIS mouth”?

What should I next “put in his mouth”?
That ONLY A FEW " liberals have SLAMMED conservatives for so called “racism” for a long time now,…"

Flag Post

He said liberals have slammed conservatives for ‘racism.’ That’s the group who is doing it. It isn’t other conservatives. It isn’t moderates. It’s liberals who do it. Not the entire group of liberals is doing it, but everyone who does it is liberal. It’s asinine to demand that every claim someone makes, they must preface that we aren’t referring to the entire group. Again, it’s blatantly obvious what was meant. I hope we haven’t descended to this level of PC that we need to preface disclaimers before any statement.

If you want to deliberately misread him to fit your preconceived notions about him, more power to you I guess.

Flag Post

If you want to deliberately misread him to fit your preconceived notions about him, more power to you I guess.

I think the same thing can safely be said about YOU.

AND YES….if YOU want to PRESUME this weird crap about “liberals” NOT BEING conservative or moderates as being something “assumed”…..
THEN, I’m well within reason to assume MyTie is slamming the ENTIRE ENTITY OF LIBERAL THINKING. Ya know, he really wasn’t all that SPECIFIC….eh?
But then, we ARE talking about MyTie….
so, I see your point.

BUT, let me ask ya this, issen: Why would he have to make a statement about NOT meaning “the majority of liberals race bait”…..if it was clear in the first place?

I wasn’t the one who prompted the clarification. I merely stated that I was happy to see that it was being made….i.e. backing off the position which he felt a need to clarify.

Flag Post

I’d be far more convinced if you sourced me deliberately and blatantly ignoring the message of the speaker to fit into my preconceived box of thought as to how I perceived the person. But, you didn’t and therefore, I’m not convinced.

AND YES….if YOU want to PRESUME this weird crap about “liberals” NOT BEING conservative or moderates as being something “assumed”…..
THEN, I’m well within reason to assume MyTie is slamming the ENTIRE ENTITY OF LIBERAL THINKING. Ya know, he really wasn’t all that SPECIFIC….eh?

Yeah, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

BUT, let me ask ya this, issen: Why would he have to make a statement about NOT meaning “the majority of liberals race bait”…..if it was clear in the first place?

Because Johnny made the claim that My Tie “are the mainstream majority of liberals.” He never said that. I’m not sure why you and Johnny read My Tie that way.

Flag Post

I’d be far more convinced if you sourced me deliberately and blatantly ignoring the message of the speaker to fit into my preconceived box of thought as to how I perceived the person. But, you didn’t and therefore, I’m not convinced.

Yeah, I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

I wasn’t the one who prompted the clarification. I merely stated that I was happy to see that it was being made….i.e. backing off the position which he felt a need to clarify.

Stay w/ me here, issen….I don’t wanna lose ya on the “curves”….lol

Flag Post

I needed to clarify because someone misunderstood. Just because someone misunderstands me doesn’t mean that the misunderstanding WAS my original post. No one here, NO ONE has said that the majority of liberals race bait. The closest I’ve said is that the liberals who race bait are mainstream liberals, and that liberals race bait far more than conservatives. Even after I’ve clarified that person’s misunderstanding and put it to rest, you still have it in your head that I’ve said something that not only I haven’t said, but can’t even quote anything that resembles it. You’re so wrong you’ve been arguing for a page now with two people. Why not just drop it? We all know what I meant… so what the fuck are you talking about?

Flag Post

I needed to clarify because someone misunderstood.

AND, perhaps I misunderstood just as well.
Especially when YOU say:

Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:Both sides seem to do it (shrug)

I think this is a cop out. Liberals have SLAMMED conservatives for so called “racism” for a long time now, on matters, like this Susan Rice thing,…

Where I come from, YOU are using the terms “liberals” & “conservatives” as references to the entire entities. Which leads me to think (see below)
Just because someone misunderstands me doesn’t mean that the misunderstanding WAS my original post.
Then again, it is quite easy to see just how YOUR lack of distinction of who, what level, etc. of “liberal” (in that quote) could so readily lead one astray from understanding and see need for further clarification…eh?
No one here, NO ONE has said that the majority of liberals race bait.
Well, DUH.
I merely suggested that ya IMPLIED it when YOU failed to clarify that your “liberals” (above) should be seen as “not even a majority”…as ya later made clear. Got it?

The closest I’ve said is that the liberals who race bait are mainstream liberals,

Meh…probably cuz they are the ones who ARE mainstream. I imagine quite a few “tiny rivulet” liberals do it, too.

… and that liberals race bait far more than conservatives.

NO SHIT.
Now THAT is funny.
LOL

Even after I’ve clarified that person’s misunderstanding and put it to rest, you still have it in your head that I’ve said something that not only I haven’t said, but can’t even quote anything that resembles it.

I’ve quoted MY position. It is YOU who is failing to address it.
Rather, YOU just keep going over the same dumbass mantra. Are YOU trying to tell me that the quotes of YOU that I’m supplying ARE NOT YOURS?

You’re so wrong you’ve been arguing for a page now with two people.

So?
I’m having fun making fun of the two of you.
Ya know….just cuz ya’re stumbling all around the obvious.
LOL

Why not just drop it? We all know what I meant… so what the fuck are you talking about?

Oooohhhh…such nasty language.
Why not YOU just drop it?
Ya have the ol’ “last-word syndrome”?
Okay then. Ya can have it….at least on this silly game of who-say…what say.
I’m bored w/ it anyway.
LOL

NOW, on topic.
The old adage: where there’s smoke, there’s probably fire.
Do ya really think we can quantify or qualify the amount, flavor, depth, who of “race baiting” to any significant degree that would even come close to being just or worthy in ways that could be of any real help in getting at the root of the problem…RACISM?

All YOU are doing w/ this thread of yours is: “liberal-baiting”.
I egged (“baited”?) you and issen into doing exactly what the problem w/ racism is all about…..a lot of SHOUTING ABOUT the problem and damn little BEING DONE ABOUT it. LIttle can get accomplished when the real issue is getting distracted by simpletons whining: that man is saying bad things about me & my kind.

Well, listen to him and see if there is any actual merit to what he says and refute it. OR, maybe stop the “blanket denials” and own up to the truth within the “slanderish slaps”. Do “liberals” play the race card? SURE. Do SOME OF THEM play it too “heavy”, too often, too soon, etc.? SURE.

But seriously….do YOU actually think “mainstream liberals” are gonna play a bogus card and look like a complete asses? The “fire” IS there in the smoke. Racism DOES EXIST yet in America. While it most certainly does find niches in the “liberal camp”…..it finds huge canyons among the “conservative shindig”. AND, I guess I must remind ya that I speak very tongue-N-cheek metaphorically here in the oversimplification of a very complex HUGE social issue.

Rather than talk about whether or not “liberals” race bait,,,why not talk about the issue itself. Dissect what is being said and see if there is any real merit to it….then move on. There’s a ton of such shit going on….why get distracted by the mundane? THAT is what constipates the process of overcoming racism.

MyTie, it is whining like this thread of yours that derails the momentum of ppl who are actually trying to find SOLUTIONS,,, rather than OVERLY FOCUS on the PROBLEMS and make mountains out of them.

Fuck the totally “liberal” assholes who do dumb things and give serious ppl on the left a black eye. It’s not like those on the right don’t have their assholes, too. We are allowing the irrelevant, insignificant, hate mongers to rule the day. We need to be listening to those “quiet voices” that are talking REASON and making plans for REAL SOLUTIONS.

Flag Post

Fuck the totally “liberal” assholes who do dumb things and give serious ppl on the left a black eye.

Like you?

You just spent the last two pages pursuing one of the most absurd case of semantics i’ve seen in SD – which is in itself up to great heights – then, in the same post mind you, you suddenly turn around and pretend that you’re one of the ‘reasonable’, constructive voices on the left.

I egged (“baited”?) you and issen into doing exactly what the problem w/ racism is all about…..a lot of SHOUTING ABOUT the problem and damn little BEING DONE ABOUT it. LIttle can get accomplished when the real issue is getting distracted by simpletons whining: that man is saying bad things about me & my kind.

The word you’re looking for is ‘trolling’, and even that’s not accurate. Acting like a douchebag and then claiming after the fact that it was all some clever plan of yours is one of the more ridiculous internet conceits. It’s also a good way of completely removing any character points you might otherwise have to pursue the actual thread topic. I can’t speak for these other guys, but I’m sure as hell not interested in anything you have to say on-topic after that little display.

The next time you feel like bashing people for ‘silly games’, you might want to remember who started that particular meaningless tangent.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

Fuck the totally “liberal” assholes who do dumb things and give serious ppl on the left a black eye.

Like you?

You just spent the last two pages pursuing one of the most absurd case of semantics i’ve seen in SD – which is in itself up to great heights – then, in the same post mind you, you suddenly turn around and pretend that you’re one of the ‘reasonable’, constructive voices on the left.

I egged (“baited”?) you and issen into doing exactly what the problem w/ racism is all about…..a lot of SHOUTING ABOUT the problem and damn little BEING DONE ABOUT it. Little can get accomplished when the real issue is getting distracted by simpletons whining: that man is saying bad things about me & my kind.

The word you’re looking for is ‘trolling’, and even that’s not accurate. Acting like a douchebag and then claiming after the fact that it was all some clever plan of yours is one of the more ridiculous internet conceits. It’s also a good way of completely removing any character points you might otherwise have to pursue the actual thread topic. I can’t speak for these other guys, but I’m sure as hell not interested in anything you have to say on-topic after that little display.

The next time you feel like bashing people for ‘silly games’, you might want to remember who started that particular meaningless tangent.

Meh….whatever, Jan.
Merely YOUR opinion….and ya know what they say about opinions & assholes?
I’m happy to have been jocular fodder for your typical foulness…lol
I hope it will keep YOU & YOUR particular brand of spleen around SD,,,,
what would we ever do w/o yer snippy, “lecture-y” snippits? Don’t leave us, kind sir.
I guess the “truce” was never intended as a reality….0¿~
Thought so…lol
It takes two to tango…I’m not much of a dancer when it comes to suffering fools gladly.
However, I’ll gladly make fools suffer.

NOW, since we’ve had our little fun playing “barbed wire wrangling”,,,do ya have anything ya wanna say ON TOPIC?

OR, do ya just wanna continue to critique the posters rather than what they say:

Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

You {MyTie} might want to take notes on the whole ‘damn libs’ thing that twilight mentioned. It’s a tiresome and altogether terrible way to start, defend, or end an argument. I don’t see a whole hell of a lot of difference between that and calling people racists, it’s still labelling the fuck out of people without any real justification.

I mean this thread is a perfect example. You {MyTie} hate liberals, we all know it, because you shit on them constantly, far more than the liberal-conservative dynamic necessitates. So OF COURSE you don’t think conservatives are complicit in this, because you’re a conservative, and far be it for you to examine your ideology for weaknesses. You and karma really are peas in a pod. He’s the liberal racist-mongerer demon for you, and you’re the conservative trumpeter for him. And both positions are wilfully blind.

There IS a problem, I agree, and a lot of it DOES come from liberals. But I have no interest giving you any ammunition to throw at them because that it’s all it is to you – ideological ammo.

NOW,,,wasn’t a lot of that exactly what I was saying?
LOL

Flag Post

Because Johnny made the claim that My Tie “are the mainstream majority of liberals.” He never said that. I’m not sure why you and Johnny read My Tie that way.

Because thats basically and almost exactly what mainstream means.

Representing the prevalent attitudes, values, and practices of a society or group

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mainstream

MyTie made clear that he did not mean that Race-baiting is actually a dominant practice but that he believes that even prominent widely accepted liberal Politicians do so.

He said liberals have slammed conservatives for ‘racism.’ That’s the group who is doing it. It isn’t other conservatives. It isn’t moderates. It’s liberals who do it. Not the entire group of liberals is doing it, but everyone who does it is liberal. It’s asinine to demand that every claim someone makes, they must preface that we aren’t referring to the entire group. Again, it’s blatantly obvious what was meant. I hope we haven’t descended to this level of PC that we need to preface disclaimers before any statement.

Wait if he does not need to do make it clear that he does not mean the hole or even the majority of the Group, then a great part of the race-baiting thats been presented no longer race-baiting but a factual statement(the exceptions being when some one refers to an individual and not the group as such).
If i would say conservatives are racist(or have been racist a long time now). Then thats okay because more than 20% are in fact racist?

Flag Post

Here’s a nice tasteful read about how blacks supporting Romney were treated by libs: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2012/10/08/actress-stacey-dash-endorses-romney-liberals-fling-racist-insults

Here’s a nice tasteful read about the history of the KKK, an organization by and for Democrats: http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/the-racist-bloody-truth-about-democrats/

Flag Post
I egged (“baited”?) you and issen into doing exactly what the problem w/ racism is all about…..a lot of SHOUTING ABOUT the problem and damn little BEING DONE ABOUT it.

So you acknowledge you willfully and deliberately misread My Tie. I’m glad we got to the bottom of that.

LIttle can get accomplished when the real issue is getting distracted by simpletons whining: that man is saying bad things about me & my kind.

And I’m an idiot for pointing out how you willfully misread My Tie, something you just admitted to doing. Such a classy man you are Karma.

Flag Post
If i would say conservatives are racist(or have been racist a long time now). Then thats okay because more than 20% are in fact racist?

No, because that means that 4/5 of conservatives aren’t. If 50% + 1 of conservatives are racist, then you have a point.