Guy behind Innocence of Muslims

16 posts

Flag Post

He’s being sentenced to death. Okay, that was quick. It took 1-2 months to do that, but what about James Holmes? They’re still working with win. Proof that the U.S. judiciary system is retarded.

Flag Post

Could you provide a reputable news source reporting what you say on the sentencing of the creator of Innocence of Muslims?

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Could you provide a reputable news source reporting what you say on the sentencing of the creator of Innocence of Muslims?

He’s correct, but it was by an Egyptian court, so it virtually has no effect. Saw an AP article somewhere on it. I think a US court actually sentenced him to a year of jail for parole violations though.

Flag Post

http://www.eonline.com/news/366681/innocence-of-muslims-filmmaker-mark-basseley-youssef-sentenced-to-death-in-absentia-in-egypt

Flag Post

Well, I don’t understand why the United States would extradite him. It seems pretty anti-American.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JaumeBG:

Well, I don’t understand why the United States would extradite him. It seems pretty anti-American.

You’re right – no chance they will.

Flag Post

The current administration is ant-American. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did extradite him. No one even new of that video until Obama made it public.

Flag Post
The current administration is ant-American.

No proof for such; consequently your statement can be dismissed as false.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the did extradite him.

Why would "they"—or as you put it, "the"—extradite an American for what is essentially free speech?

No body even new of that video until Obama made it public.

Factually incorrect: it appeared on Reddit, the Los Angeles Times, The New York Times, 4chan, YouTube, and many other news and social outlets before Obama even knew about it.

Flag Post

I’m having trouoble hitting the Y tonight. Why won’t Obama put his hand over his heart when the flag is presented? It is tradition and respect to do so, but he refuses. What about at one gathering when they were doing the flag ceremony did Michell whisper to Obama, “Do we have to sit through this?” did he say, “Yes, we have to.”

Why would the administration prosecute the maker of the video and give him a year in jail if it is free speech? Why was he arrested in the first place?

Did it appear before or after the massacre? Was he just used as a scape goat?

Flag Post

Probably just for show. Egypt has a large tourist industry they have to keep going but also a large and sometimes extreme muslim community. So they have to take a lot of actions just to show to their own people that they really are extreme muslims themselves without actually being so extreme.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

The current administration is ant-American.

Personally, I lol’d.

Flag Post

Why would the administration prosecute the maker of the video and give him a year in jail if it is free speech? Why was he arrested in the first place?

He was prosecuted for violating the terms of his probation. From source:

“Mark Basseley Youssef admitted to four violations, including lying to his probation officer and using bogus names. In exchange, prosecutors dropped four other counts, including allegations that Youssef lied in saying that his role in the film’s production was limited to writing the script. Youssef was under a type of federal probation — known as supervised release — after being convicted in 2010 of bank and credit-card fraud, in which he was accused of causing $800,000 in losses.”

Flag Post

My god… I’m reading the comments of that article and they’re all horrible.

Flag Post

Well, jhco, if Obama is anti-American, then I suppose that would mean that the majority of the US is anti-American. Or he wouldn’t have been voted in. Sounds silly, but I’m running off of your logic here, and won’t provide any citations to my claim about the patriotism of the American people.

It’s not like Obama stands to gain from this, anyway.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Why won’t Obama put his hand over his heart when the flag is presented? It is tradition and respect to do so, but he refuses.

Dude, troll harder. But seriously, I need a source for this for us to have a serious discussion.

The only sources I’ve found show him saluting.

The internet is out there, use it to find a good source for him not saluting if that is a legitimate problem, and then we can talk about it.