Are you a good person? page 2 (locked)

61 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by 422537:

Hey vikaTae,

I’m discussing the Gospel of Christ, not religious world views.

Perhaps, but you still asked:

If you were to die today, stand before God and be judged by the 10 commandments, would you be found innocent or guilty? And would you be spending eternity in heaven or hell?

Thus, those are the only points of relevance, not the fall of man, or similar well, nonsense.

Personally, if those were the only options, I would choose hell anyway. Not a great fan of the gods.

Flag Post
1. Do not worship any other gods.
2. Do not make any idols.
3. Do not take the Lords Name in vain.
4. Keep the Sabbath Holy.
5. Honor your parents.
6. Do not murder.
7. Do not commit adultery.
8. Do not steal.
9. Do not lie.
10. Do not covet.

1- Check
2- Check
3- Check
4- I am a muslim so we pray at friday.
5- That’s the sticky wicket.
6- Check
7- Check
8- Check
9- That’s the pitfall.
10-Check
So, If I were christain, my score would have been 7/10
but as a muslim, my score is 8/10
Now that’s a test where you really want 100% marks.

Flag Post

You are saying a lot of things, but you are not making any arguments.
God supposedly created us and the environment we are in. He is described as omniscient and omnipotent, so he knew what was going to happen. On top of that he did not explain the rules to Adam and Eve in the beginning. And when they didn’t obey he punished them and their progeny for eternity, only to repeatedly commit acts of mercy on us, that in the end only require our obedience again.
He is described as all-loving and fair.
Creating us in a flawed way and the punishing us for that is neither all-loving nor fair. This character is obviously a huge prick. There is no other way to interpret it. God is like a huge child, playing with his toys. Only that these toys are sentient.

If you disagree, show me how there isn’t a contradiction there between how he is described and how he acts. All you did so far is not address counter arguments and preach instead.

Flag Post

I can only assume that your being sarcastic, because by instinct, no one wants to drown or even swim in a fiery lake.

God bless you.

Nope, not sarcastic in the least. I would rather make my own way in the afterlife, than have my desires dictated to me by an entity I absolutely despise.

Flag Post
It is by God’s grace freely given, that people are saved, not through they’re actions or lack of.

If you acknowledge that everyone has already broken the commandments, and will be punished for it, what is the point of bothering to follow them at all? You’re taking pot luck with the judge’s mood either way.

Flag Post

Salvation is through Christ alone. You can’t be made right with God by following his Law because you have already broken it, everyone has.

Kind of getting sick of tired of this.
Are you ever going to explain how someone can by default be a criminal if the guy making the rules is supposed to be all just?

Flag Post

Salvation is through Christ alone.

Well fuck you too.

Flag Post

Of course not.

422537 just preaches, never actually answers any questions posed. Do you, 422537?

Flag Post

Whee :)

If you were to die today, stand before God and be judged by the 10 commandments, would you be found innocent or guilty? And would you be spending eternity in heaven or hell?

Strictly by the books? Oh I am so guilty and hell bound. But I feel I could make a rousing case in my defense. Regardless, I feel I am a good person.

People are not ignorant of what is right and what is wrong because God’s Law is written on our hearts.

I rarely find what God had wrote down in books, and what is ‘writ upon my heart’ the same.

But as the apostle Paul said. The Law was given not to make us righteous with God, but to show us just how sinful we really are.

Could you cite that for me? I believe you, I’d just like to read around the passage a little. Quite the quote, pretty harsh.

7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”[b]

Doesn’t that directly contradict what you said earlier, that God’s law is written in our hearts? Along with later passages in the chapter like 15.

And good golly what another strange series of passages that Romans 7 is. Neat. You quote very different selections then most others.

It defines it’s core message as Love. This is probably something that every sane human can agree is probably one of the most important things or pursuits in life.

As the Beast says. Love is the law, Love under Will.

John makes it pretty clear that Jesus has also always existed, that he was present with the Father at the beginning of creation and was Himself the Father.

Noo, he says the Logos did. Stretching that into Jesus is a little tricky. Especially because he specifically used a rather odd conceptual word, that one session only.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

1- Check
2- Check
3- Check
4- I am a muslim so we pray at friday.
5- That’s the sticky wicket.
6- Check
7- Check
8- Check
9- That’s the pitfall.
10-Check
So, If I were christain, my score would have been 7/10
but as a muslim, my score is 8/10
Now that’s a test where you really want 100% marks.

Hey thepunisher52,

Salvation is through Christ alone. You can’t be made right with God by following his Law because you have already broken it, everyone has. A judge is not gonna let someone off the hook because they do good deeds, even if they outweigh the bad. A murderer will still go to prison, a thief will still be punished and so on and so on. The good cannot bribe the judge to turn a blind eye to the bad. God cannot be bribed. It is by God’s grace freely given, that people are saved, not through they’re actions or lack of.

Nah, im good with being a muslim.
I’m more of a fan of
Quran 8:60
than Luke 6:29

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

Are you ever going to explain how someone can by default be a criminal if the guy making the rules is supposed to be all just?

I don’t know the answer to that question but I can try and find out for you if you really want to know.

Originally posted by tenco1:

Well fuck you too.

God bless you too tenco.

Originally posted by vikaTae:

If you acknowledge that everyone has already broken the commandments, and will be punished for it, what is the point of bothering to follow them at all? You’re taking pot luck with the judge’s mood either way.

Because if I continue to break the commandments over and over again, intentionally. I am not remorseful and have not truly repented. But If I actively repent and seek forgiveness when I sin, I do so out of genuine remorse.

Tell us aboot yourself 422537
How many of these commandements have you broken?

Flag Post

This thread needs locking. It’s just religious propaganda. If I want that I’ll take a trip to my local Church (If I can find it)

Also, one does not preach about being theist. One keeps it to himself and simply prays to their deity.

Flag Post

Good people don’t think they are good people. They just think of how to become better people. The greatest human is to humble to know their greatness.

Flag Post

I don’t know the answer to that question but I can try and find out for you if you really want to know.

You don’t know the answer to that?!
Are you freaking kidding me?!
The whole thread is based on you claiming that in the eyes of God we are all guilty by default, even though we haven’t actually done anything ourselves yet, and that God is all just despite this obvious contradiction.

And you want to tell me that you don’t know how this is possible?!

You are literally the worst preacher I have ever come across.

Flag Post

Edit: I hate Kongregate just gobbling up posts when there are quotation marks in it…

You actually consider yourself helpful?!
All you do is go:
‘Yes. That is right. I have been told it is right, so it must be right. I will now go and repeat what I have been told so that others can also stop thinking and instead just repeat what others have told before without ever thinking about it.’

If the God you describe actually exists he must be so proud of you.
You are perfect. You don’t question the stuff you have been told, even if there are good reasons to do so, you don’t doubt, you don’t think. You only repeat, without ever understanding what you are actually saying and without ever attempting to understand what you are saying.
You are like a human goldfish, absolutely happy in his tiny tank, swimming around in endless circles, full of bliss. And because that is so awesome you try to get as many other creatures to degenerate into goldfishes and have them move from the ocean into a tiny tank and live happily ever after in that murky water that hasn’t been cleaned in years. And all the time you tell them how the water is clean, while subconsciously you are trying not to swallow too many excrements.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Flag Post

422537, I am afraid your comments are falling on deaf ears on this forum, assuming you actually believe what you are saying yourself. Speaking on behalf of informed Christians, please refrain from making such seemingly ignorant posts in the name of our religion. Again, assuming you are not a troll, your comments have good intentions, but please know your audience. They wont respond to religious jargon or maudlin, rhetoric comments. If you want to debate here, get to know your history, current scientific studies, and please, please actually read the book you are preaching if you are serious.

Flag Post

All 10, according to the Word of God.

Congratulations, you have acquired murderer status.

Flag Post

1) Pass
2) Pass
3) Fail
4) Fail
5) Fail
6) Pass
7) Pass
8) Pass
9) Fail
10) Fail

I am 50% good by those standards. Sounds about right; I’m pretty ambivalent.

Flag Post

You have proven throughout this thread that you may have read it, but you didn’t understand what you were reading. Otherwise you would be able to address the criticism instead of going:
‘I don’t know… Also, PRAISE JESUS, otherwise you will go to hell.’

Seriously, that’s just pathetic.

Flag Post

You have proven throughout this thread that you may have read it, but you didn’t understand what you were reading. Otherwise you would be able to address the criticism instead of going:
‘I don’t know… Also, PRAISE JESUS, otherwise you will go to hell.’

Seriously, that’s just pathetic.

I’ve simply said what the bible claims – that all sinners will have their place in the lake of fire Revelation 21:8. I don’t condemn you, I don’t condemn anyone. The bible Condemns people. I’m not going to apologize for happening to believe what it says.

You don’t have to. But this forum happens to be called Serious Discussion.
So if you say bullshit like that and preach you should be ready to defend your position.
You obviously are not able to do that.

I think I’ve managed to answer most of the questions that have arisen

You haven’t answered a single one of the points of criticism that have been brought up. All you do is repeat the verses as if they were proof for their validity.
I repeat: all you do is preach.
You can either start to argue for your the points you make or you can continue looking like a pathetic bible thumper.

Flag Post

Addressing the concerns other people bring up, would be the preferred approach. Harder I know, but its the only way you’ll get anyone to take your message seriously. Preaching as you are, just makes it look like you don’t know what you are talking about.

Flag Post

You can quote a book without reading it. You can also quote a book without understanding it which seems to be what you are doing. Jesus came to fulfill the law and the prophets; therefore, we are not bound by the mosaic law which includes the 10 commandments. If you want to preach the Gospel, at least understand what the Bible says by studying it closely and not just picking out the really interesting parts. Also, the Bible says that, “All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.”, but nothing about the 10 commandments.

Flag Post

And no it doesn’t contradict. Just because the Law is written on the heart, doesn’t mean it’s not the Law that shows us sin.

It specifically declares he was ignorant of the law. That is contradictory to the assumption that knowledge of the law is innate.

If you read the whole passage, it’s clear that John is talking about Jesus. It literally describes in a nutshell Jesus’ actions when he was on earth. If you also look up the definition, you will get the same answer, that it is referring to Jesus.

No, I find that rather unclear. Also the definition of Logos has nothing to do with Jesus, inherently. The use of the word “Word” is once again poor substitute as it strips the word of all it’s contextual greek heritage. Something systematically applied to the Gospels in order to render them a definitive authority. I would suggest you consult a non biblical source. John’s use of the word Logos is a call back to greek philosophy and higher thought. Logos has hundreds of years of history describing generative and preservative principles of creation before Jesus.

Flag Post

1 Corinthians 6:12 You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is good for you. And even though “I am allowed to do anything,” I must not become a slave to anything.

Why not? What is the reasoning behind this, in your take on biblical terms?

The reason Jesus gave the commandments of Love is because it fulfills all the other laws of God. If you love God with all your heart mind and soul and your neighbor as yourself, clearly your not going to break any of the commandments, out of love. That is why Jesus said, by fulfilling these two, you fulfill them all.

Have you never heard the phrase ‘love is blind’? Many an atrocity can be committed by a person blinded by their love. They see someone else doing something they believe is harming the one they love, or the goals of the one they love, and they retaliate. Any of the commandments can be broken out of love.

It specifically declares had it not been for the Law he would not have known sin. That in no way contradicts the statement that the Law is written on the heart.

How can that be? Up above you said:

Paul also says he would have not known what sin was, had it not been for the Law. Meaning the Law reveals what sin is, without it we cannot know.

Does that not completely contradict your claim that these laws are innate knowledge for us? After all, if they are ‘written upon the heart’, that implies they are innate. How can something be innate, when it has to be communicated externally?

In your first post you say that if I make particular claims, I have to be able to give evidence for it. Well we both know it’s impossible to find material evidence for; giving an account to a divine and invisible being, the existence of his kingdom, existence of sin and proof for Jesus being the key to an unseeable kingdom and it contents. So why don’t you just stop beating around the bush and tell me to shut up and go away or use axioms.

Or you could do what the intelligent christians do, and use your own reasoning as your evidence. Explain how this is a valid line of thought with your considered reasoning, and address points raised against you with said reasoning.

Or you could of course just use axioms if you doubt your castle of belief will stand up to careful inspection. If it is so fragile that the merest whiff of doubt would bring it all crashing down, then go ahead, add an axiom every time a reasoned attack on your battlements is launched.

Flag Post

I failed well over half those questions and I still know that I’m a good person…more or less…I hope…haha!

The questions don’t really determine if you’re a good person or not…it’s more of a Christian check list, and even if Christians answered positive to every question, that wouldn’t mean that they’re ‘good’ people either.