Are you a good person? page 3 (locked)

61 posts

Flag Post

Personally, I am agnostic. For those who don’t know, that just means that I believe that there is a greater power in the universe, but it can’t be identified, so we should spend more time working towards helping each other, not trying to appease that greater power. But, if the Christian god is your thing, then I would like to say that I don’t like the idea that a person who is good all of their life goes to hell because they did one little thing wrong, like stealing a candy bar or something. Just my thoughts.

Flag Post

lol, that’s not what agnostic means at all.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

lol, that’s not what agnostic means at all.

Maybe more on the theistic side?

Flag Post

Because obviously in order to be a good person you need the bible and religion. This thread is ridiculous.

Flag Post

Eschewing the 4 pages of discussion.
I’m gonna do directly to the OP and say,,,
I’m at least “good” enough to be able to look myself directly in the eye in front of a mirror.
BUT, while doing so….I don’t ignore the background in order to see just how well I’m “fitting in” w/ it and looking to find ways I could be “better”. This is something all of us should be doing all of the time…in most all of our areas of living,,,asking ourselves: how might I be better.

Oh, w/ tongue-in-cheek….I wanna that in the sexual category: I’m not as good as I once was. But, I’m as good ONCE as I ever was. LOL

Flag Post
Originally posted by raiden1710:

For those who don’t know, that just means that I believe that there is a greater power in the universe, but it can’t be identified, so we should spend more time working towards helping each other, not trying to appease that greater power.

Sounds like deism to me, possibly with a splash of humanism.

Originally posted by 422537:

here is some good reasons to take the book more seriously. […]

1 man established a religion in 3 years, that spread throughout several parts of the world like wild fire, post-death.

Flag Post

also throw in pragmatism. humanist, deistic pragmatism, perhaps.

Flag Post

I would fufill my goals before i die..

Flag Post

This is a mystery only god can claim

Flag Post
Originally posted by sanii:

This is a mystery only god can claim

I can too.

I am good.

There. I just did.

Flag Post

nope. not good and not evil.

I dont care abot any off those things.

if evil people took over the world, i wouldnt care. as long as im left alone and get to play video games, thats all that matters.