Gun Issues page 43

2293 posts

Flag Post

Ung, it may not be enough to effect your standard of living, but you are not everyone. I’m pretty sure some of your countrymen could have used that money for necessities. Of course I’m just guessing.

The sole purpose of the president is to protect the constitution and the rule of law, not make law through executive orders, although I understand a federal court told him it wasn’t constitutional and he better not. In your country, I’m sure you are limited in what you can do to protect your way of life, however, we have a constitution that reigns supreme.

The incident that came to mind when I mentioned experiments on our people was the nuclear testing in Nevada back in the 1959’s. The government was testing the nuclear bomb and placed soldiers at different distances to see what the effect would be on them. Of course the radioactive clouds drifted over the communities in several states. Don’t quote me, but I believe that is when cancer become so prevalent here.

Flag Post
The sole purpose of the president is to protect the constitution and the rule of law, not make law through executive orders, although I understand a federal court told him it wasn’t constitutional and he better not.

It isn’t the sole purpose of the president (Veto Congress, Commander-in-chief, etc.) but I get your point. The problem is you are criticizing the president for doing something that literally every President, right down to the Washington, has done. Every President has taken past precedent from administrations passed and continued to expand on it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m as concerned as you about the growing power of the presidency having more powerful unilateral actions. But, criticizing Obama for doing it here, especially in relation to his pretty tame executive orders regarding guns, is a bit unfair.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

Ung, as you know, I am a long time gun-owner and have been in this community for many years.

Antecedent, man…ANTECEDENT. WHAT community?
OR, ya’re just being redundant. “long time” (long-time) is the same as “for many years” {in the gun community}.

I have had plenty of chances to talk to the people in Canada who are like me.

Okay.
Try to put a number on this.
AND, just because ya have had CHANCES certainly doesn’t meant ya ACTUALLY DID.

You don’t have it near as good as you say you do.

Antecedent, man…antecedent.
Which “you”?
Ung?
Or, the all Canadians?
AND, just how do YOU know whether or not either “you” has it as “good” as YOU think he/they do?

They are not happy and have been fighting the same fight as we in the US have.

Again….THEY WHO?

How many billions of dollars did your country waste on gun control before the backed down a little?

Billions is quite a lot of money.
Exagerate much?
Oh, yes….YOU DO.

Y Our gun community are not as lucky as we are,…

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

…as we have our bill of rights and they don’t.

Again…THEY WHO?

Our bill of rights have been pretty much been written in stone for 250 years, whereas yours are not.

I think ya’re confusing our Constitution and the Bill of Rights w/ the Ten Commandants.

I wasn’t scared of my government until Kennedy was killed.

Again…I think YOU are dipping into the hyperbolic “kool-aid”.
Concerned…yes.
“Scared”…pass out the tin-foil hats.

I then realized no one is really safe in our country anymore. People can easily just vanish, never to be heard of again.

Oh, for crying out loud.
Do YOU have even an inkling of just how “TV-movie-drama” this is?
Sure, ppl in the U.S. “disappear” ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
Just look at any “milk carton”.

Our military experiments on our soldiers and have experimented on civilians in the past.

Is paranoia, hyperbole, and utter manufacturing of data some kind of disease w/ YOU?

From what YOU constantly present on this forum, one just might have strong reasons for such suspecions.

I’m not going to go looking for the references, but this is fact. Our nuclear tests in Nevada is a good example of experimentation by our military.

Of course YOU aren’t going to look for “references”.
Of course we should take what YOU say as being “fact”.

I worked diligently for days (AND nights) to find this
I don’t know where the fuck YOU lived at the time of nuclear testing of bombs,,,
but as I recall, we school kids were told to “hide” under our desks in the advent of a nuclear explosion. Yeah, we were just that ignorant about post-explosion ionization effects.
And, this
United States: As of March 2009, the U.S. is the only nation that compensates nuclear test victims. Since the Radiation Exposure Compensation Act of 1990, more than $1.38 billion in compensation has been approved. The money is going to people who took part in the tests, notably at the Nevada Test Site, and to others exposed to the radiation.1718

YOU have just got to stop listening to all that ultra-right-wing crap.

You know, I wonder the same thing. Why do we elect these people we are up against at the moment.

Well, fuck me.
YOU are now begining to “see the light” where it involves a whooooole lot of such macro-elements of our society.

As far as financing overlords in other countries, we have no choice.

OH?
Just why is that?
BUT, I don’t think Ung meant “overlords” in other countries. His “their” likely referred to the ppl we have elected that YOU are so afraid of.
Are YOU able to (possibly?) see how/WHY ya’re sooooooo wrong on so many issues?

We lost the taxation battle long ago. Not paying taxes has been tried and all are in prison now.

All…eh?
Man-0-man….hyperbole at its finest.
Ya know, YOU should stop all this “talking-outta-yer-ass”.
I heard it is the leading cause of bad breath.
I worked MY fingers to the bone to find this

I’m not sure about the work thing, it would probably work if the people could do it.

Awwww…c’mon,,,take a stab at it. NOT KNOWING much about something…ANYTHING…hasn’t stopped ya in the past.
Maybe ya didn’t understand what Ung meant when he said that “not paying taxes or going to work” as being a way to DEMONSTRATE our society’s ability to “control and resist our govt.”

I don’t know how ya couldn’t have understood it.
After all, it is YOU who sooooo luvs to spout off about the Constitution
A “demonstration” of ones belief about particular practices of our govt. certainly is a form of protesting…..in order to "control & resist said govt.
While such activities can & do have “consequences”,,,
mostly for the small numbers of ppl….
I think Ung was meaning for such demonstration of resistance to be on a much larger scale.
That is if an real “shit-houses” were to be pushed over in a night.
I don’t see how hard THAT can be to understand.

Flag Post

Ung, it may not be enough to effect your standard of living, but you are not everyone. I’m pretty sure some of your countrymen could have used that money for necessities. Of course I’m just guessing.

Hehe, I can assure you I am right at the bottom of the totem pole. Up until very recently I was working at a whisper above minimum wage, so the only people making less then me were being frauded. I am merciless when it comes to the self loathing poor, if they’re struggling to make necessities it is a question of their priorities. The only time I’ve ever had money issues is in regards to formal education.

The sole purpose of the president is to protect the constitution and the rule of law, not make law through executive orders, although I understand a federal court told him it wasn’t constitutional and he better not. In your country, I’m sure you are limited in what you can do to protect your way of life, however, we have a constitution that reigns supreme.

I believe that is the stated purpose of the president, as opposed to the actual one. Especially in the contemporary age. The President is the mask that the Government wears. He smiles, he frowns, he has opinions on things. When people are mad at the government, they get mad at the president. He’s a scapegoat, and seasonally he is replaced so that all the government’s sins might be washed away. It’s a stop gap to prevent people actually in power being held accountable to the public. Do you really think anyone involved in Nation Crafting plays on 4 (max 8) year terms?

This is very relevant to, Gun Issues, as well. I’d highly recommend looking beyond the president when considering who is seeing what laws enacted and why.

As for Canada vs The Constitution. We have “The Canadian charter of Rights and Freedoms.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms
Now I do feel that it is a little soft on the edge, and too easily mollified by the government’s. That said, such things do rarely come up. “Limited in what you can do to protect your way of life” sounds a little, well, aggressive. I don’t even disagree with you, but we’re not exactly a dystopia over here. Most things remain, unchallenged.

Flag Post

Karma, it is interesting that all you did was critique my post and try to assassinate my character with out any input into the conversation. Why did you make a post again?

Flag Post

Funny how gun-free zones are the hottest spots for gun violence.

Look at Detroit. Shootings every week, sometimes every day.

Gun control really works there, doesn’t it.

It actually works in places like North Korea, which is a crumbling totalitarian cesspool, whenever fakeface cities aren’t in place.

We might as well ban breaking the law, and when that doesn’t work, we make a new law banning not not breaking the law that says it’s against the law to break the law.

Also, since we are banning dangerous inanimate objects (“What, are you saying they don’t have minds of their own!??!?!?”), we should also ban every object that could possibly be held in a human hand or on a human body, which includes clothes of any kind, which can be used to suffocate someone. Necklaces, which may be used as garottes. Yup.

These are some frikin’ gen’us ideas. If they don’t work, make more laws. And when those don’t work, maybe make some more. Scratch that. DEFINITELY make more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ungeziefer:

Hehe, I can assure you I am right at the bottom of the totem pole. Up until very recently I was working at a whisper above minimum wage, so the only people making less then me were being frauded. I am merciless when it comes to the self loathing poor, if they’re struggling to make necessities it is a question of their priorities. The only time I’ve ever had money issues is in regards to formal education.

I believe that is the stated purpose of the president, as opposed to the actual one. Especially in the contemporary age. The President is the mask that the Government wears. He smiles, he frowns, he has opinions on things. When people are mad at the government, they get mad at the president. He’s a scapegoat, and seasonally he is replaced so that all the government’s sins might be washed away. It’s a stop gap to prevent people actually in power being held accountable to the public. Do you really think anyone involved in Nation Crafting plays on 4 (max 8) year terms?

This is very relevant to, Gun Issues, as well. I’d highly recommend looking beyond the president when considering who is seeing what laws enacted and why.

As for Canada vs The Constitution. We have “The Canadian charter of Rights and Freedoms.”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Charter_of_Rights_and_Freedoms
Now I do feel that it is a little soft on the edge, and too easily mollified by the government’s. That said, such things do rarely come up. “Limited in what you can do to protect your way of life” sounds a little, well, aggressive. I don’t even disagree with you, but we’re not exactly a dystopia over here. Most things remain, unchallenged.

Don’t feel bad, I’m not in the upper echelon anymore either. It is a struggle to keep your head above water here. I raised a family of five and we never spent Near what we spend now on just two of us for groceries. It keeps getting worse with the prices of everything going up and wages going down. Now they have put the unemployment back up (election is over) and economists are saying the economy is contracting again. On top of that, the dems want another bailout, only this time, much bigger.

Much of what you say is true, the president catches a lot of flack, but congress isn’t immune with their public approval of 11%. I found Your link quite interesting. I will yield to your take on it since you live there.

Flag Post

Karma, it is interesting that all you did was critique my post and try to assassinate my character with out any input into the conversation.

Well if you get rid of the parts where he doesn’t do that, I guess.

Why did you make a post again?

Same reason you’re making a post responding to it; you two are in a timeless idealogical deadlock that will go on for every reincarnation of you two. It will never stop, it will always be of opposites, it will always happen in every reality, it is, the Ultimate Debate.

Originally posted by PatriotSaint:

Funny how gun-free zones are the hottest spots for gun violence.

Speaking of which, has anyone come up with a map of gun violence and where it happens most in the country?

Look at Detroit. Shootings every week, sometimes every day.

You’re acting like that’s the rare for places in the U.S.

Actually, that makes me think, just how often do shooting occur?

Gun control really works there, doesn’t it.

It seems to work here.

It actually works in places like North Korea, which is a crumbling totalitarian cesspool, whenever fakeface cities aren’t in place.

We might as well ban breaking the law, and when that doesn’t work, we make a new law banning not not breaking the law that says it’s against the law to break the law.

Also, since we are banning dangerous inanimate objects (“What, are you saying they don’t have minds of their own!??!?!?”), we should also ban every object that could possibly be held in a human hand or on a human body, which includes clothes of any kind, which can be used to suffocate someone. Necklaces, which may be used as garottes. Yup.

So are you trying to be the physical embodyment of the achetypal anti-gun-control-right-wing-hypen-hyphen person, or do you just come off as that?

Flag Post
Now they have put the unemployment back up (election is over) and economists are saying the economy is contracting again.

Let’s not be too quick to fearmonger. Is the contraction serious (if present) and what is the extent of it? Here is one source from CNN Money. It does say there’s some contraction, but it’s not too alarming:

“It’s “the best-looking contraction in U.S. GDP you’ll ever see,” Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist for Capital Economics said in a research note. “The drag from defense spending and inventories is a one-off. The rest of the report is all encouraging.” "

I’m not sure what the deal with groceries are. I haven’t really noticed a change in the price of ours. Maybe I’ll watch a little more closely and see if it appears to be going up or staying the same.

Flag Post

Tenco – You didn’t say where it works.

If people are still being murdered with guns. EVER. Than that means it does not work.

Because, that means that it was already illegal, and someone still had a gun. Who? A criminal.

Flag Post

’Ere in NY, it seems like Liberal influence is only getting more widespread. Even the supposedly Law teachers seems to show full liberal support, but then makes fun of people against gun control by acting like a redneck (implying every against gun control is some paranoid redneck, which is obviously false)

Flag Post
Originally posted by PatriotSaint:

Tenco – You didn’t say where it works.

Yes I did, I said it was here. If you don’t know where here is, you can just ask.

If people are still being murdered with guns. EVER. Than that means it does not work.

No it doesn’t. People can still be killed by a gun and have the regulations in place be successful. Also, you didn’t specify where people had to be killed, kinda a hole in your wording.

Well, that, and you’re being far too idealistic in your assessment of something’s success.

Because, that means that it was already illegal, and someone still had a gun. Who? A criminal.

Okay, you’re confusing me here, what are you talking about?

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:you two are in a timeless idealogical deadlock that will go on for every reincarnation of you two. It will never stop, it will always be of opposites, it will always happen in every reality, it is, the Ultimate Debate.

Yeah, you are right. At least I am trying to hold a conversation with others.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:
Now they have put the unemployment back up (election is over) and economists are saying the economy is contracting again.

Let’s not be too quick to fearmonger. Is the contraction serious (if present) and what is the extent of it? Here is one source from CNN Money. It does say there’s some contraction, but it’s not too alarming:

“It’s “the best-looking contraction in U.S. GDP you’ll ever see,” Paul Ashworth, chief U.S. economist for Capital Economics said in a research note. “The drag from defense spending and inventories is a one-off. The rest of the report is all encouraging.” "

I’m not sure what the deal with groceries are. I haven’t really noticed a change in the price of ours. Maybe I’ll watch a little more closely and see if it appears to be going up or staying the same.

Man, I noticed a change. We were spending $130 (for 2 weeks) for two people and dinners on Sundays and in the last month or so it went up to $200. I watch expenses pretty close.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DrOctaganapus2:

’Ere in NY, it seems like Liberal influence is only getting more widespread. Even the supposedly Law teachers seems to show full liberal support, but then makes fun of people against gun control by acting like a redneck (implying every against gun control is some paranoid redneck, which is obviously false)

Yeah Doc, that is pretty much the liberal way. I get tired of the liberals making the same mistakes over and over, as if doing the same things will have a different outcome.

Flag Post

Let me give you a few examples where gun controls are extremely strong and yet they have the highest murder rates in the US.

Chicago
New York
Washington DC

Flag Post

Yeah Doc, that is pretty much the liberal way. I get tired of the liberals making the same mistakes over and over, as if doing the same things will have a different outcome.

Slightly ironic because… Nah, too obvious.

Let me give you a few examples where gun controls are extremely strong and yet they have the highest murder rates in the US.

Chicago
New York
Washington DC

And let me show you the song of my people the ranking of badassitude between states.

Kentucy
Colorado
New Mexico

You see the point I’m trying to make?

Flag Post

Well, I think we should ban knives. Also, I hate the smell of pot, and where do these women get the idea of wearing a half bottle of grape smelling perfume is a good idea…I want to ban that crap, it makes my eyes water.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/three-people-stabbed-on-subway-platform-in-jamaica-queens/

And here is good old Chicago after extreme gun control. Don’t wait for police and don’t hurt the criminal, just expect to be killed.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/chicago-police-changing-response-plan-for-some-911-calls/

Wow! With unemployment so high, we shouldn’t have any global warming according to this study by a liberal think-tank. And we pay millions for these studies.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/04/-study-global-warming-can-be-slowed-by-working-less

And last but not least, Obama’s answer to unruly citizens.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16843014-exclusive-justice-department-memo-reveals-legal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite

Flag Post

Well, I think we should ban knives. Also, I hate the smell of pot, and where do these women get the idea of wearing a half bottle of grape smelling perfume is a good idea…I want to ban that crap, it makes my eyes water.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/three-people-stabbed-on-subway-platform-in-jamaica-queens/

And here is good old Chicago after extreme gun control. Don’t wait for police and don’t hurt the criminal, just expect to be killed.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/04/chicago-police-changing-response-plan-for-some-911-calls/

Wow! With unemployment so high, we shouldn’t have any global warming according to this study by a liberal think-tank. And we pay millions for these studies.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/02/04/-study-global-warming-can-be-slowed-by-working-less

And last but not least, Obama’s answer to unruly citizens.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/04/16843014-exclusive-justice-department-memo-reveals-legal-case-for-drone-strikes-on-americans?lite

The point why we don't ban knifes is because they are responsible for far less deaths in the US then firearms. Especially when compared to the number of knifes in circulation. This combined with the number of uses and the difficulty of living without them makes it not worth banning knifes (trough we could cut down on things like swords).

For you second link we should look at this little quote " in which the suspect is no longer on the scene, and the victim isn’t in immediate danger.". It clearly says there is no danger left and the suspect isn't there anymore what do you want them to do? It might slightly increase the chances of catching someone if they go there inmidelty but on the other hand having more police on the streets can also prevent a lot of crime.

The thing for the whole working less slows down global warming works quite well. The point isn't to increase unemployment but to cut down the working hours of those who have a job by about 25% (especially for those who can afford it). While this would be harmful for the economy the increase in leisure time and reducing in stress might very well make it worth it.

And while I have to agree that the US isn't working with enough evidence when it comes to taking down terrorists. That's a different issue then the fact here where they are working on something that will allow them to hit terrorist leaders with drones even if they are US citizens (but only if they are working on an attack).

So you might want to reread your own links.

Flag Post

I was pretty much just screwing with Tenco’s head, but he didn’t respond Don’t worry about all of the swords, they are made in Pakistan and have a reputation for not holding an edge. They might break a bone though. I’m not really for banning knives, heck I used to make them.

Flag Post

I was pretty much just screwing with Tenco’s head, but he didn’t respond Don’t worry about all of the swords, they are made in Pakistan and have a reputation for not holding an edge. They might break a bone though. I’m not really for banning knives, heck I used to make them.

You guys have made in pakistan swords?
Jeez, sword business here I come.
Any ways, an important point for you to remember is, any weapon or munition that comes from Darra Adam Khel is not reliable, they usually make weapons from parts of scraped weapons. They do sell them cheap though.

Flag Post

Man, I noticed a change. We were spending $130 (for 2 weeks) for two people and dinners on Sundays and in the last month or so it went up to $200. I watch expenses pretty close.

I’ll keep a closer eye on that. Don’t know exactly what it was before (I don’t watch groceries as closely as I used to) but maybe I should collect my receipts for a couple months and see what it averages out to.

I get tired of liberals making the same mistakes over and over…

One definition of insanity is repeating the same behavior and expecting different results. It just occured to me today, because I have a friend who has broken up and gotten back together with the same guy about 20 times in the last year…and it’s just like, Why? Are you a slow learner or something? (shakes head)

LOL except you’re actually not kidding with the pot, are you? You think it should be outlawed based on smell and stuff?

Flag Post

In the picture showing Obama firing a shotgun, something didn’t look right. I looked at the picture trying to figure out what I wasn’t seeing and then it become clear. First of all, when you fire a 12 gauge shotgun, which that is, there is recoil and the muzzle of the gun comes up. His isn’t. Your shoulder is forced back and his isn’t. But the big thing is the smoke coming out of the barrel. The shotgun he is holding, and it is a nice one, fires smokeless cartridges. There is a very small amount of smoke, but what is coming out of that shotgun looks more like black powder. He was posing with the shotgun and the rest was photo-shopped in. It is a cool picture though.

No Twilight, I can’t stand the smell of pot. It is a sickening smell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

Any ways, an important point for you to remember is, any weapon or munition that comes from Darra Adam Khel is not reliable, they usually make weapons from parts of scraped weapons. They do sell them cheap though.

Yes. I don’t think I have seen a good (new) sword here in years. They won’t hold an edge at all, and you are right when you say they are made from steel they get from left over military equipment. Their knives are overshadowing the good ones made here too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

Yes. I don’t think I have seen a good (new) sword here in years. They won’t hold an edge at all, and you are right when you say they are made from steel they get from left over military equipment. Their knives are overshadowing the good ones made here too.

You can still find enfield rifles stamped with king george’s name on them
some times it is spelled as KiИg george.
and they sell ’em as new.
But their prices are very low.
You can get an m92 (local) for 25000 rs and an imported in more than 100000 rs.