Gun Issues page 52

2293 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

Let me remind you then, Tenco.

http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=

Oh look, another forum.

Is there something specific in there you wanted to be shown, or just the entire thing?

I explained the fallacy that even with the laws/banning wanted by the liberal factions on this forum, the firearm would still be available. I even posted pictures of a few that impressed me for a few of you to insult as being weak and poorly made.

I was trying to say that I don’t remember you mentioning it, though I’m sure you did, but I especially don’t remember the reaction you got, and I was hoping you could be more specific than “they hurt me feelings.”

Of course that was coming from people with very little knowledge of firearms or operation of said firearms.

Because if they were contesting a point you were making about guns they automatically don’t know shit about them. Obviously.

Flag Post

Well, tenco (LOL)….while ya didn’t hit all the nuances,,,
ya very much summed up his “bias” on the issue at hand w/ YOUR one post there.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Well, tenco (LOL)….while ya didn’t hit all the nuances,,,
ya very much summed up his “bias” on the issue at hand w/ YOUR one post there.

So Karma, all you have to contribute is BS? Typical.

And Tenco, stop answering every post with crap. You bring up some actual facts once in awhile.

Flag Post

Although the press doesn’t want to admit it (which is abundantly clear by the title of this article) without a neighbor and his gun there’d likely be two, or more, dead people instead of two badly injured people.

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/Women-recovering-from-dog-attack-animal-control/Jm4kCOBYm0efooINdCh65A.cspx

{quote]Officers say a man who heard the women crying for help ended the attack by shooting the dog who police say weighed about 80 to 85 pounds.

“We just heard this blood curdling scream,” said Michael Harrell.

He works at Interstate Steel and jumped in his truck when he heard the women screaming for help. The home was only a block away from his business.

“The dog was biting her at the corner of the house,” said Harrell.

So he grabbed his pistol and ran up to the fence.

“There was another lady sitting on the ground in the front, appeared to be unconscious, not alive or she would not move,” said Harrell. “The dog literally looked at me and then went right back to biting her again. He kept changing from her face, to her foot, to her arm, to her foot, face to arm, then leg.”

He says the owner was in the yard and hysterical. She was armed with a baseball bat she used to try to stop her pit bull.

“She was down on her knees screaming and crying and just helpless, she was covered in blood,” said Harrell. [/quote]

He says he went to the opening gate and shook it.

“Finally the dog just locked eyes with me and when it did it bolted straight for me at the gate,” said Harrell.

He says his concealed carry training kicked in and he made a quick decision.

“That’s when I asked the lady, ‘is this your dog’ and she said ‘yes’ and I said ‘can I shoot it’ and she ‘yes,” said Harrell.

He said the dog went down with one shot.

“Thank God he was there to do that or else we would have two dead victims,” said Captain Odom.

Flag Post

So….FINALLY….after much of a clustster …….a check for $40,000 is FINALLY given to these women the police wrongfully filled their truck with over a 100 bullets with no warning after NO PROVOCATION!

I saw the story on a couple local news broadcasts today. In each of them, the reporter eludes to it as a case of “mistaken identity” by the lapd. If that is the case….& it had actually been the correct color & type of truck & actually contained the “suspect” that they were looking for….are officers now being trained to- shoot first with no warning….over 100 rounds with no provocation whatsoever? Does lapd condone these officers actions….because EVERYONE’s complete lack of addressing the issue whatsoever sure makes it appear that way!

Where are all the talking heads, so called protectors of civil rights, this seems like a story they would all want to jump on….how come NOBODY is touching this issue?

Flag Post

Although the press doesn’t want to admit it (which is abundantly clear by the title of this article) without a neighbor and his gun there’d likely be two, or more, dead people instead of two badly injured people.

So let’s see… dog attack bad, dog attack stopped good… but I can’t help but wonder a couple of things…

1. How is it theat we all manage to stop such dog attacks without resorting to firearms? He, finally, used the tool he had at his disposal to stop the attack, which is good… but the same result could have been achieved without the gun.

2. Just how long did he stand there watching the women getting mauled before finally drawing his gun and shooting the animal??? the dog kept ‘changing from her face, to her foot, to her arm, to her foot, face to arm, then leg’… etc It wasn’t until his concealed carry training ‘finally’ kicked in that he shot the dog…

3. With the sort of delay exemplified in the article, just how useful would that firearm have been to him in other ‘emergency’ situations and how typical of other concealed carry users was he?

Where are all the talking heads, so called protectors of civil rights, this seems like a story they would all want to jump on….how come NOBODY is touching this issue?

Don’t know about over there… but it made the news (and commentary) over here 8 or 9 days ago (13th). Not being all that relevant to us it’s moved out of the public eye with the ‘normal’ news cycle.

Flag Post

America: 10.2/100,000 killed in gun related deaths (3.2/100,000 homicide)
Australia: 1.05/100,000 killed in gun related deaths (0.09/100,000 homicide)

Australian gun laws involve:
1) Categorising restricted weapons
2) Applying for licenses which assess the purpose of ownership: For each firearm a “Genuine Reason” must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. Self-defense is not accepted as a reason for issuing a license, even though it may be legal under certain circumstances to use a legally held firearm for self-defense.
3) Each firearm is registered to the owner with a serial number.

Enforcement is strict. But it isn’t without its flaws.
Like the American system, a lot is left to self regulation as the authorities don’t know how to handle it in some cases. You can still buy ammunition without a license and there are a vast number of illegal guns in public circulation.

Australia’s controlled system is still quite effective. Americans (not to generalise, I’m specifically referring to the belligerent gun owner) tend to think of it as their right, which it is to an extent, but it’s also a privilege, and a massive responsibility. The difficulty therein lies with how heavily ingrained gun ownership is in American culture – the issue can only really be addressed through educating the next generation as to safe practices, banning weapons outright will only enrage the majority of the gun-owners and probably result in violent consequences.

Flag Post

While I’m not going to address the use of a specific “tool” used to suppress a very deadly situation, I am going to say that the situation should probably NEVER HAD ARISEN.

Those two JEHOVAH WITNESSES entered PRIVATE property that was FENCED and had a very prominent BEWARE OF DOG sign in the window right by the door they knocked on.

Anyone who knows much at all about dogs knows they are very “territorial” and will strongly protect said territory. I’ve been bitten by small dogs in their yards WITH THE OWNER STANDING RIGHT BESIDE ME.

Yes, the event is a tragedy.
BUT, I lay the blame for it squarely at the mangled feet of the “INTRUDERS”.

OH, by the way jhco….nice use of a “Sandy-Hook-like” incident to emotionally pander YOUR stance on a “pet” issue of yours. Hypocritical much?

Flag Post

http://www.fox23.com/mostpopular/story/Women-recovering-from-dog-attack-animal-control/Jm4kCOBYm0efooINdCh65A.cspx

1. As others pointed out it has already made the news. The article your talking about has its title because animal control planing to issuing tickets is the event which trigged the new article. Its the newest piece of information added to already reported news.

2. Almost half of the Article is about how the hero shoot the dog.

On a side note. Anyone else notice how the laws for owning dogs seem to be stricter than that of owning guns?

Does lapd condone these officers actions….because EVERYONE’s complete lack of addressing the issue whatsoever sure makes it appear that way!

Most people prefer to look before they jump. Not so Jhco. Always both feet first, eyes closed and never looking back at the mess he makes(which is usually the case).
Fact those actually interested in civil rights and not just excuses for their paranoia are looking very keenly at how the lapd handles this case. Paying 40,000 without being legally obliged to do so, is certainly a good sign. And it seems quite likely that the women and their lawyer will reach an easy agreement regarding further compensation.

The other thing to look at is which consequences the officers will face. But such things usually take quite some time. The cops are currently only desk duty and an Internal investigation is under way. Only idiots would jump at that Issue before the results of the investigation are out or it becomes apparent that the investigation is being stalled as part of a cover-up.

But if your just out for paranoia propaganda than you have ample things you can pick out. From generally trigger happy shoot first officers over revenge shooting gone bad to anti-hispanic sentiments.

Flag Post

So Karma, all you have to contribute is BS? Typical.

Because you never do that.

And Tenco, stop answering every post with crap.

Define “crap.”

You bring up some actual facts once in awhile.

You mean like all those facts that I didn’t need to bring up? Like those facts I never claimed existed? Like those facts that you “always” bring up, apparently? Like those facts that you’re avoiding to show as is becomes increasingly likely you actually didn’t remember it like you said, or it actually was valid points they were making against you?

Flag Post

Tenco, if we took yours, vikas, and Karma’s knowledge of firearms and the laws that are on the books regulating them……we could put it in a soda pop bottle with room to spare. You insist on arguing gun control with absolutely no basic knowledge of what you are talking about. I call it diarrhea of the mouth.

Gun control laws will not make a dent in mass shootings. We all know this and it makes me wonder what your arguments actually are. Are they to stop these shootings or are they just feel good measures you would like to see implemented. Just a little bit more deterioration of freedom that you all are so willing to give up. I wonder why I argue with you people when you really don’’t have an understanding of what you are actually arguing. It’s like talking to the neighbors dog, barks a lot but doesn’t know why. I wish you would at least be familiar with the subject because right now you liberals are making fools of yourselves.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Stots:

Australia’s controlled system is still quite effective. Americans (not to generalise, I’m specifically referring to the belligerent gun owner) tend to think of it as their right, which it is to an extent, but it’s also a privilege, and a massive responsibility. The difficulty therein lies with how heavily ingrained gun ownership is in American culture – the issue can only really be addressed through educating the next generation as to safe practices, banning weapons outright will only enrage the majority of the gun-owners and probably result in violent consequences.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but privilege has nothing to do with gun ownership, it is a right written into our founding documents. I do agree it is a huge responsibility.

You are suggesting something free Americans don’t like, brainwashing our children to a political agenda. Yes it happens, but it is starting to get a lot of attention from the parents and other organizations. The American people are waking up to what is going on in our country and this is why there is so much turmoil brewing. You are correct in a total ban enraging the gun owners. As we speak military looking firearms are no longer available, they have all be bought up. Side arms are slim pickings and ammunition is almost non-existent. There are enough guns in the hands of civilians right now to arm every man, woman, and child in America and there are no signs of it easing up. Read into that what you want.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnnyBeGood:

Most people prefer to look before they jump. Not so Jhco. Always both feet first, eyes closed and never looking back at the mess he makes(which is usually the case).
Fact those actually interested in civil rights and not just excuses for their paranoia are looking very keenly at how the lapd handles this case. Paying 40,000 without being legally obliged to do so, is certainly a good sign. And it seems quite likely that the women and their lawyer will reach an easy agreement regarding further compensation.

The other thing to look at is which consequences the officers will face. But such things usually take quite some time. The cops are currently only desk duty and an Internal investigation is under way. Only idiots would jump at that Issue before the results of the investigation are out or it becomes apparent that the investigation is being stalled as part of a cover-up.

But if your just out for paranoia propaganda than you have ample things you can pick out. From generally trigger happy shoot first officers over revenge shooting gone bad to anti-hispanic sentiments.

Johnny, I wish I could be like you and travel through life with my head in the clouds. Sadly, I live in the real world and not the imaginary utopia of the far left. It amazes me that you can find it in you little heart to stick up for all of the bad things. That poor puppy (PIT BULL) should have been allowed to tear that woman limb from limb. It would make the dog feel good.

Of course it isn’t the LAPD’s fault they shot those women delivering newspapers, or those guys in their pickups. Now we must punish them harshly, not by firing and prosecuting them, but giving them desk jobs (with full pay). I will make a bet that they get nothing more than a slap on the hand. It has and will happen over and over when a policeman does criminal activities.

Here is a tidbit of information for you. when policemen had revolvers, they had to make sure their shots counted. when they started arming with autos they changed their technique to what we term “spray and pray”. Any sensible person knows you make sure of your target before you start lobbing bullets into it. Geez Louise John. Oh, and paying out $40K is a peace offering. They are trying to stave off the real lawsuits coming.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnnyBeGood:

Johnny, I wish I could be like you and travel through life with my head in the clouds. Sadly, I live in the real world and not the imaginary utopia of the far left.

Its hilariously funny how you can claim this and then go on to prove with the rest of your post how lose of a relationship you have with reality.

Please do quote precisely where i say anything of the Bulshit your implying/claim my stance is about the Dog and the Lapd.

Flag Post

Good grief, I thought the MINIMUM age for Kong SD was 13.

Tenco, if we took yours, vikas, and Karma’s knowledge of firearms and the laws that are on the books regulating them……we could put it in a soda pop bottle with room to spare.

jake, what have I told YOU (repeatedly) about this form of exaggeration?

FIRST: the hyperbole aside—in which YOU use yer own “expertise”,, as if it were a be-all-& end all—on the issues as if they have come down from "High on Tablets. I have no problem conceding the concept that YOU DO POSSESS a greater knowledge than likely do we.

BUT, to diminish OURS to near zero (by comparison?) is overtly childish. It greatly weakens what credibility ya do have on the issue because your ad homsnimish demeanor being used to unnecessarily bolster YOUR position serves ONLY to demonstrate the strong likelihood that what ya’re presenting is based on extreme bias.

SECOND: While I, me, myself (& Irene?) obviously (to me) do not have the extensive knowledge that you have…this is becasue I’m not a gun-fan/nut. My knowledge of weaponry is extensive in the areas I need it to be in order to accomplish my goals via the use of such “tools”.

I would have thought YOU would have gathered that from my posting here on this forum.
Also, I know all the laws I need to know to legally accomplish those goals. I DO NOT have the extreme PARANOIA about any near-future gun REGULATIONS having any SIGNIFICANT effect on my “needs” (at least before I die) that abounds in the “gun-nut world”.

What happens after that is the domain of those future ppl.
And yes, I (needlessly) swore an oath to defend the Constitution.
My entire “political” acumen & overall human ideology is devoted to actually living my life in a manner that very closely mirrors the spirit of that document.

YOUR exaggerated twisting of my life style—when YOU know so damn little about it—when ya say I’m trying to rewrite it and hate America is absurd and makes YOU the (see below) kind of ppl who are the ones who are destroying the unity of our diversity in America.

YOU listen to the hate-mongers and luv to believe it…regardless of how OBVIOUSLY loony it is. I base this SOLELY on what ya’ve presented on this forum.

THIRD: Since when does one NEED TO KNOW how to milk a cow to know they don’t want it wandering into their rose garden and trampling it to death? Most anyone knows they don’t want to be NEEDLESSLY gunned down and are quite willing to devote some time to “looking into the matter” to hopefully find ways to prevent it.

So, get off this high-&-mighty shit that somehow “proves” that an extensive knowledge of firearms somehow trumps ANYONE ELSE’s right to question the dubious rights regarding them when they are being used to slaughter ppl.

You insist on arguing gun control with absolutely no basic knowledge of what you are talking about. I call it diarrhea of the mouth.

And I (we?) call YOUR objection (see just above) “shit-for-brains”.
AND, please…for gawd’s sake,,,,stop it w/ the hyperbole.
It makes YOU appear to be a fucking IDIOT.
Gun control laws will not make a dent in mass shootings. We all know this and it makes me wonder what your arguments actually are.

Well, damn if THAT isn’t a fine example of extreme closed-mindedness that can’t even acknowledge the cogent arguments we have been making.

ERGO, it is YOU who arrogantly holds the position that NO gun-control laws can make a dent in mass shootings. Just how do YOU know that TRYING to find GOOD methods to, in the least, REDUCE such horror isn’t a worthwhile endeavor?

It is this inflexibility by the gun-nuts that not only make them look stoooopid, but so greatly hinders (the bases for that opinion of them) the process of looking for//finding workable & just ways to "stop the madness. These gun-nuts are a part of the problem….NOT a part of the solution.

Are they to stop these shootings or are they just feel good measures you would like to see implemented.

Yes…yes, but of course there are those “bleeding heart fools” that believe a ton of regulations can make a heaven on earth. BUT, just because the media—esp. the hate-mongering, the pandering to the ignorant media—luvs to focus on the extreme because it “sells” better than the senisble, rational effort,,,,this doesn’t mean that the bulk of the effort is looking to “feel good” in their endeavor to reduce//stop gun violence//heartbreak.

Just a little bit more deterioration of freedom that you all are so willing to give up.

FACEPALM.
This from a man that staunchly denies Gay Rights & Women’s’ Rights to abortion.
Hypocrisy much?

I wonder why I argue with you people when you really don’’t have an understanding of what you are actually arguing.

Yeah, why dontchya use that one for a second time in your post.
It was full of shit the first time,,,
and it still stinks,,,
BECAUSE—yes, it IS stooopid to “argue” w/ ppl when ya’ve already taken a stance of being a preacher talking down from “on high” to the mindless sinful masses. What a heavy burden YOUR “halo” must be.

It’s like talking to the neighbors dog, barks a lot but doesn’t know why. I wish you would at least be familiar with the subject because right now you liberals are making fools of yourselves.

Hooooo-boy, now there is a homily that totally proves YOUR position….NOT.
Good grief, OLD man….do ya not realize how obscenely irrational ya come across when ya talk like that? Are YOU, in actuality, my neighbor across the road….Dave?

Flag Post

Jhco, I’m willing to bet I know more about sonic weapons than you do. I’ve built two after all.

So does that mean that you have no right to voice any concern about what I do with them, or how I’m quite happy to give them to people who are obviously deranged and unpredictable as all hell?

That obviously loony and hairpin trigger people have these weapons is not your concern, so long as you don’t know how to make one?

Flag Post

So, same old, same old, then?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

What else is new?

Flag Post

Gun control laws will not make a dent in mass shootings. We all know this and it makes me wonder what your arguments actually are. Are they to stop these shootings or are they just feel good measures you would like to see implemented

Now JHCO, not even a dent? Awhile back with the knife tangent we were talking about how mass shootings, or mass murders, would continue to occur with stricter gun laws. Now, I agree. But continuing to occur or not, you do not feel that more gun control laws would hamper and prevent any mass shootings? Why?

You are suggesting something free Americans don’t like, brainwashing our children to a political agenda.

His exact words were “safe practices”. You both agree that gun ownership is a responsibility, and you know that accidental death due to firearm is a massive statistic. Feel like you’re putting some words in his mouth here.

Flag Post

Yes. It goes in circles.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Jhco, I’m willing to bet I know more about sonic weapons than you do. I’ve built two after all.

So does that mean that you have no right to voice any concern about what I do with them, or how I’m quite happy to give them to people who are obviously deranged and unpredictable as all hell?

That obviously loony and hairpin trigger people have these weapons is not your concern, so long as you don’t know how to make one?

FacePalm

Vika, I don’t care about your sonic weapons or who you give them to. It is none of my business. If they are misused, then other laws will take over.

Yes vika, I can do almost anything I wish with a firearm, they are just a mechanical mechanism. I don’t like hairpin triggers though. You seem to really be digging looking for something, anything to help you here. You make me smile tonight.

Flag Post

Hi Jan, missed you buddy.

Flag Post

This.

Flag Post