Obama's Tears

86 posts

Flag Post

There seems to be some public speculation over whether or not our President’s tears were genuine in this statement regarding the Connecticut shooting.

The speech is beautiful and I believe Obama’s words are genuine, but I’m not sure about his blinking eyes and wiping of unseen tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIA0W69U2_Y

Flag Post

I have met a few people with young children, who literally could not watch films where kids get hurt. Kind of like this. So this might very well be real tears of affection.

Of course, there is no real way to verify this and good actors can “pull up” sad emotions to make themselves tear up.
Of course, it also doesn’t make a difference, really.

Flag Post

I disagree with the President on most of his policy platforms, but his speech was perfect. While he is President, he is also a dad and was thinking of his daughters. There are few who are more cynical than me, but for people to try to claim his tears weren’t real is a joke.

Flag Post

Wow. We’re analyzing his tears now?

Well, I just assumed they were genuine. It’s not like I want to believe the POTUS is a piece of shit. I mean, I don’t see why it wouldn’t actually bother him—he’s a parent too and those could have been his daughters in there.

Flag Post

Oh God, I knew this would happen. I will accept my invitation to be the next Nostradamus now.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

OKAY….do ya wanna hear some REAL CRAZY SHIT?
I’m talkin’bout the far end of these spinners, twisters, rumor-mongers, ultra pessimists, genuine negative assholes.

There is this one particular individual that is a frequent caller to the shit-head radio shows that is saying: The govt. is behind these shootings so it can stir up emotions in order to “get the guns”.

Thankfully, even the extreme “conservative” radio hosts are calling him a fucking NUT.
BUT, ya know how some ppl will believe most anything if they hear if often enough and from a source that APPEARS to share biases, etc. w/ them. Right, jake-o?

Addendum: LOL….vika, we must be “channeling” each other ATM.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

Wow. We’re analyzing his tears now?

I didn’t even see tears. Seems like a lot of commotion for the sake of dabbing his eye twice. Maybe he had a dust mote.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vikaTae:

Any predictions on what batshit conspiracy theory Jhco will come up with when he sees this thread, tenco?

Obama’s father is actually a robot from Chino-Russia sent to Africa to impregnate a woman in America to give birth to the very first human-robot hybrid with bonus political knowledge, get yours for free by paying us with three payments $9999.99, plus shipping and handling.

Flag Post

If ya wanna talk about a politician crying

The entire speech

AND NOW,,,,, a word from the faaaaaarrrrrr right

Flag Post

If you guys think this is bad, you shoulda seen the way Bush was criticized.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MyTie:

I wouldn’t call this critisism, just theorization hypothesisation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by tenco1:

I wouldn’t call this critisism, just theorization hypothesisation.

Everything that takes place behind the podium is planned, especially for Obama. I’m not criticizing, he is very methodical. Maybe he had such an emotional response reading over his speech that he anticipated tears.

Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

OKAY….do ya wanna here so REAL CRAZY SHIT?
I’m talkin’bout the far end of these spinners, twisters, rumor-mongers, ultra pessimists, genuine negative assholes.

There is this one particular individual that is a frequent caller to the shit-head radio shows that is saying: The govt. is behind these shootings so it can stir up emotions in order to “get the guns”.

Thankfully, even the extreme “conservative” radio hosts are calling him a fucking NUT.
BUT, ya know how some ppl will believe most anything if they hear if often enough and from a source that APPEARS to share biases, etc. w/ them. Right, jake-o?

Addendum: LOL….vika, we must be “channeling” each other ATM.

That’s an outrageous claim, no more plausible than 9/11 being an inside job.
Conspiracy theories are sometimes the result of trying to make sense of and justify the incomprehensible.

Flag Post

Of course his tears were fake, everybody knows Reptilians can’t cry.

Flag Post

Here’s a good question: who cares? 20 elementary school students got shot and you’re worried about whether or not the president’s tears were real?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Azolf:
Conspiracy theories are sometimes the result of trying to make sense of and justify the incomprehensible.

And some of the times….they spring from crazy ppl.
Some times they are the “puppet-machinations” of those who have other goals at hand….a kind of: the ends justify the means. These sorts will do & say anything necessary to discredit someone or something that isn’t to their liking.

Originally posted by Pokarnor:

Here’s a good question: who cares? 20 elementary school students got shot and you’re worried about whether or not the president’s tears were real?

Isn’t this pretty much the essence of the issue?

We are sucked into the absurd by those who would prefer to NOT address the real issue at hand. They grasp at straws of pettiness in silly attempts to create a dam to hold back sincere, rational thought from being applied to a very serious issue.

Flag Post

I don’t even have words to say how stupid this topic is.

Flag Post

Obama “cries” about 26 american deaths while being responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of civilian deaths in the middle east.

I guess deaths dont count unless the victim is American.

Flag Post

I’m sceptical whenever any politician cries in front of the cameras. I want to beleive that his tears are real.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HappyAlCROWholic:

Obama “cries” about 26 american deaths while being responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of civilian deaths in the middle east.

Tens of thousands of civi deaths? Source?

Flag Post

The tragedy at Sandy Elementary is a much more personal one.

“The death of one is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic.”

Flag Post

Tens of thousands of civi deaths? Source?

The war that america is currently involved with in the middle east?

How could you not know about this?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

I didn’t even see tears. Seems like a lot of commotion for the sake of dabbing his eye twice. Maybe he had a dust mote.

Well, there was the bit about getting too choked up to talk at 1:04 and the sigh at 1:25. I thought later on in the speech his eyes looked a bit red-rimmed.

Damn, I really am analyzing this shit.

Flag Post

Must…resist…temptation…to comparatively analyze…current state of…affairs…in the Middle East…and the…United States…must…try…so…hard…

Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

If ya wanna talk about a politician crying

The entire speech

AND NOW,,,,, a word from the faaaaaarrrrrr right

I’m just wondering if whatever municipality you live in requires that you insult someone of the conservative nature whenever someone analyzes an individual that is of liberal ideology? Like, for instance, when Rosie O’Donnell declared in 2001 that the fires that occurred in the twin towers were the first fires in history to melt steel, despite the fact that steel-melting fires are required to make the steel in the first place, did you rush to her aid with “Nazi-Bush jokes” out of some sort of locally known social obligation; or am I entirely mistaken in assuming that your asinine antics are the result of a social norm instead of you yourself?

Flag Post

Oh and Vika…in case you haven’t noticed…your boy Karma does most of the conspiracy theory generating.