Does suicide mean you are going to hell?? page 2

117 posts

Flag Post

Nope. There is no hell. An omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent being wouldn’t send anyone into eternal punishment. By definition. Such a being would be torturing people for eternity because of things ‘he’ (for brevity’s sake) knew they would do. That’s not omnibenevolent. As that’s the definition of a Christian God, there is no reason therefore to believe in its counterpart, Satan, or Satan’s supposed abode, hell.

Aside from that, committing suicide is a selfish thing to do. If you hate your life so much, give it to others. Work to feed, clothe, shelter and water those who need it. Maybe you won’t hate your life so much.

Flag Post

What proof do you have that God is omnibenevolent in our sense of the word?

Flag Post

Paradoxy you make a good point, but if you truly wanted to commit suicide and hated your life, you would be too lazy to really do much. And if there is a god, despite what the bible says he is definetly not omnibenevolent, omniscient and omnipotent. And if he created us, and knew exactly how we were going to turn out, every one of us, and he is omnipotent so he could have created us in a way where none of us were “evil” or “sinners”, how can he punish us for his decision on how to make us?

Flag Post

Pink Fuzzy Bunny: What proof do you have that God exists? You don’t, and rightly so, because it’s faith. Not science.

I’m using a standard definition. Ask any Christian if they believe God is all-loving. It’s the common modern definition of God. There’s no use looking at the Bible. It contradicts itself constantly and Christians pick and choose what to believe from there anyways (Ie, lobsters vs homosexuals). Plus, most Christian beliefs don’t come from the Bible and were decided upon later at Councils.

Imagine that. The fabric of the faith, decided by Council.

ACM: Maybe you’re right. Apathy doesn’t inspire energy. A new idea might. There’s a million things to do while you have life. Suicide barrs you from all those options. It seems one should at least try some of those millions of options before trying a final one.
I agree that such a God doesn’t exist. That’s why I concluded hell doesn’t exist.

Flag Post

The beliefs of someone are not evidence for anythhing.

Flag Post

They’re evidence of the beliefs of someone. That was what was on the crucible in my original post, Pink. Belief. I can’t speak about the nature of God as a truth anymore than you can. I can, however, evaluate someone else’s belief structure and its components. [I don’t want to hijack this threat so if you’d like to carry this forward, feel free to start a new post. I’ll leave it to you.]

Flag Post

It removes you from the situation, it does not solve the problems.

Which would work out fine, wouldn’t it…

To those that say that life is a ‘gift’ and you should therefore make the most of it: fuck that. It’s my gift, my life, so if I don’t want it then that’s my call.

I find it absolutely despicable that suicide is such a taboo these day. The world would be a much happier place if people could just ‘take off’ whenever they want.

Flag Post

Even though giving back that gifts harms other people?

Flag Post

Eternal punishment with no chance of redemption is absolutely ridiculous. God would have to be a total jerk to send anyone to Hell. “Well, I put you all on earth and I expect unrelenting faith in me based on one of many holy books claimed to be written by me. Although I make no clear distinction, the Christian one is the one that you should follow.”

Also, I agree with Paradoxymoron. Even the most evil, wicked person does not deserve Hell. If I were God, nobody would go to Hell, and I’m pretty sure God is a lot nicer than I am.

Flag Post

What are you saying, pinkfuzzybunny, that God is an asshole? That he doesn’t give a damn about people?

An benevolent God would not send people to hell. Since (according to the Christian faith) he does, then he is not benevolent. Period. He hated people, he thinks they’re scum.

So if he hates us all so much, then what motivation does he have creating people? What the hell is that all about?

For an all-knowing being, he ain’t too smart.

Flag Post

It’s funny how unforgiving everyone is with faith. Faith is like RuneScape. You absolutely HATE it. You BASH it. You love hating and bashing it. However, if you’re in it, you know what it’s really about. You hear the outside screams like “I sort of maybe by chance kind of think I may have a slight idea in the direction of a vague spot where it might remind me of what faith/RuneScape is about” and you know there is no way to even explain what it’s to you, because they won’t understand.

As a note in between, I do not play or like RuneScape. I made this comparison purely because of the surprising relationship between the bashing.

Faith is what it is. You believe in it or not. If you do, you understand what faith is all about and you trust in it. If you don’t, you either leave it alone or bash it, since you can’t understand. I would right now try to explain, I tried before, but it wouldn’t work out.

I can tell you right now that God did not create us with the all-knowing mind that we would eventually start bashing each others’ skulls in. He created us to live our own lives, to make our own decisions. He created us and therefore has the right to choose whether or not to take us into heaven when we pass away. If you do not believe in this, that’s fine. If you think that’s absurd, that’s fine. Just don’t believe. Just don’t try to believe. It’ll only lead to comments such as those I read here.

Suicide, as described in one of the posts above, is just one of the things you could see as a “sin”. Like was said there, it could be compared to stealing or murder. One sin does not condemn you to hell. God forgives. If you committed suicide out of terrible problems in your life, it may not have been the best choice, but God will still take you into heaven as long as you wasn’t a murderer or something in life.

It stops it being a problem for you. That’s what solving is.

Solving and removing are two different things. The problems are still there. They just get pushed into the hands of someone else.

IS there any other way out from something you cannot face? Whether it seems or not.

Seemingly. The word states it all. You think you cannot face it, while if you rely on your friends, family, girlfriend, even your pet, you may be able to get through it without having to kill yourself over it. A broken relationship is bad, but not life-threatening, or so to say. You can go out with your friends to relieve yourself of the angry/sad thoughts and forget about it.

Flag Post

It’s funny how unforgiving everyone is with faith.

While there are those who despise it on principle, there are also many with valid complaints. Faith is used far too often to support bias, discrimination, and hate (yes even here) so it is somewhat understandable that people will get defensive or antagonistic when the subject comes up. Like any framework system it has no inherent value, everything comes down to the objectivity and schema of the individual.

Flag Post

Yes. Why should I care about that?

Flag Post

It stops it being a problem for you. That’s what solving is.

Solving and removing are two different things. The problems are still there. They just get pushed into the hands of someone else.

Not always. Some problems are only related to the individual and will therefore be gone/solved/removed/whatever you want to call it.

Others can be pushed into the hands of someone else. Still, you’re dead.

Flag Post

I find it absolutely despicable that suicide is such a taboo these day. The world would be a much happier place if people could just ‘take off’ whenever they want.

So you’re saying that people that want to die deserve to die for the sake of everyone’s happiness? Do you know how wrong that sounds? A death alone is tragic enough, even if a person died of natural causes. A suicide, which can be much more sudden and shocking to find out about, is a tragic death nonetheless. Do you expect people who know these people who commit suicide to just be happy with that person’s death? Have you considered that they might have some regrets? If things like suicide wasn’t addressed, I personally think the world would be a much more depressing place.

I’m assuming you have people who value you being alive and you have people you would want to stay alive for. Do you care for them or care if they’re harmed in some way because of your death? Seemingly not. Because people have people they are attached to, physically, emotionally, or otherwise, it would matter for both sides, the person committing suicide and those left alive. Usually, people actually get concerned that those special people in their lives will suffer in some way, and people would want those special people to be happy. Do you honestly taking away someone important in someone else’s life would make them happy? Would it honestly fulfill that ideal of making the world a happier place?

Flag Post

Many religions frown upon people suiciding. No one really knows what happens if you commit suicide and go to heaven or hell. If your an Atheist, then it doesn’t really matter.

Flag Post

Lets define the destination.
How is hell such a bad place? From what I know it sounded like a eternal incinerator as in for rubbish, waste etc.
How in the world people get the idea of hell as some place where devil(s) equipped with pitch fork poking at naked people pretty much in suffering from dunno what?

How is heaven such a fantastic place? Its strict as in no sinning. No more doing wrong at any one time. One ultimate ruler. How in the world people get the idea of heaven as some place where angels serving scantily clad people pretty much in bliss from dunno what?

If one has suicided, what ever the reasons, he/she would be really out of place in heaven as in above notion.

Flag Post

I only consider suicide ok if you are suffering and want to be put of our your misery, so if it is a sin, God must love watching you suffer those extra few days. :P

If your going to commit suicide becuase you got picked on or your girlfriends broke up, thats just stupid.

And you can turn depression into an amazing time in your life.

If you are willing to kill yourself, you are willing to do almost anything else, so why die quietly? Have some fun, and probably you will feel much better and wont be depressed anymore.

Flag Post

I only consider suicide ok if you are suffering and want to be put of our your misery, so if it is a sin, God must love watching you suffer those extra few days. :P

I’d kill myself to put my family outta suffering and misery.

P.S. For Christians, flesh and spirit are always opposing.
P.P.S. For the original sin, women are still suffering every month, every delivery

Flag Post

So you’re saying that people that want to die deserve to die for the sake of everyone’s happiness? Do you know how wrong that sounds? A death alone is tragic enough, even if a person died of natural causes. A suicide, which can be much more sudden and shocking to find out about, is a tragic death nonetheless. Do you expect people who know these people who commit suicide to just be happy with that person’s death? Have you considered that they might have some regrets? If things like suicide wasn’t addressed, I personally think the world would be a much more depressing place.

Don’t take the word “happier” literally. Of course it will still hurt the surroundings of the one who commits suicide. What I think though, if we can rid the world of the idea that life is everything that matters, that you should ‘live to the max’ and that if you commit suicide, you’ll end up in hell for an eternity or two, there’d be much less pressure on those that are depressed/suicidal. I’m not saying this is the key to all, but feeling the pressure of “you must live on, and more importantly, be happy” is very, VERY hard to endure when you’re already in a depressed state of mind.

I’m assuming you have people who value you being alive and you have people you would want to stay alive for. Do you care for them or care if they’re harmed in some way because of your death? Seemingly not. Because people have people they are attached to, physically, emotionally, or otherwise, it would matter for both sides, the person committing suicide and those left alive. Usually, people actually get concerned that those special people in their lives will suffer in some way, and people would want those special people to be happy. Do you honestly taking away someone important in someone else’s life would make them happy? Would it honestly fulfill that ideal of making the world a happier place?

Actually, my reply was more meant as a rebellious statement against Pink Fuzzy Bunny. I interpreted her as if she was talking about suicide harming god. Perhaps I was wrong to interpret it that way.

For sure, I have people in my life that love me. As a matter of fact, quite many. They’d all be in shock and tears if I’d blow my brains out, I’m sure of that. However, that does not mean I owe them something. Of course I love them and do not wish to hurt them, and I will surely ride out this hellish ride till natural death occurs, but that is not what I consider the ideal situation.

The one thing that just annoys me to no end is that everybody just assumes that just because you’re alive, you have to keep living. What if I don’t want to? I’m a smart man, I’m have a florishing social life, I feel I’m developing myself rather well with both school and the voluntary work; but what if I’m just not up to it. I wish I could italize these last works to make it a little clearer. What if there’s no depression involved at all, there’s no hate nor suffering nor anything negative, just a lack of enthusiasm for all of it? Sure, there are many things ahead which will be very exciting, but also tiring. What use does it all have? Why can’t I just close my eyes, drift off on the gentle waves of my favourite music and with the loving farewells of my friends and family, and let it all be…. ?

Flag Post

In Buddhism, murder is the worst way to mar your karma. Suicide is murder, and the fact that you, as a spirit, are attacking the physical being you’ve been given is probably one of the worst things you can do on your way to Nirvana.As for Christianity, I think most of them basically disapprove of suicide for the reason you gave. God did so much for you and gave you a beautiful human body in his likeness. He wouldn’t want you to break it.

Flag Post

Does suicide mean you are going to hell??

I think it does.

Although, I’ve attempted suicide several times. Does that mean I am going to hell? I hope not.

Flag Post

OMG youre a zombie or ghost 1shawn1 (rises from grave)….are you emo?

And dont commit suicide if you think life Sucks, There is still hope while you live.“Violence is not the answer”

Flag Post

OMG youre a zombie or ghost 1shawn1 (rises from grave)….are you emo?
And dont commit suicide if you think life Sucks, There is still hope while you live.“Violence is not the answer”

I’m not a ghost the last time I checked, when I said “attempted suicide” I meant I stabbed myself, I dont have the guts to hang myself. And just because I’m suicidal doesn’t mean I’m emo…

Flag Post

1shawn1, one suicidal fellow to another, Find a girlfriend. Not trying to be sarcastic or witty, or make you feel inferior. If you fall in love, you really won’t want to commit suicide anymore =D

Then again, when I was in your shoes, I wasn’t terribly receptive to advice so meh =\

Just find something/somone worth living for.