Does suicide mean you are going to hell?? page 5

117 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by cantonaitis:

lol.

Just the idea that christians get more flak than muslims…astounding.

Probably depends on where it’s held. Coming from a University in California, I can tell you that Muslims are a hell of a lot more coddled there than Christians are. Of course there’s Christian churches and such…but we didn’t get to have Christian week the same way they were able to have Celebrate Islam week at those schools and in that community.

Colorado’s a bit of a different story. We have Christian activities/exercises, and I don’t see so much Muslim activity.

Flag Post

Is this a “he did it too, mommy” type of argument? I do not see many Muslims on this board and even if there are, they’re not as quick to say they’re Muslims as Christians are quick to reveal their beliefs. You, like many others, throw yourself into the fray on abortion and homosexual marriage with extreme views and expect that Muslims get “attacked” as much as you do? Please.

To be fair to myTie, it looks like someone else pointed out that there were more views than the Christian views when it wasn’t really necessary.

To be fair to everyone else, myTie took this response and is apparently projecting it to every godless liberal here, claiming they are specifically anti-Christian.

Flag Post

Oh, and…Punisher

LeT is also a shitshow. They’ve helped train AQ members FFS. They’re not glorious heroes to be put on a pedestal next to Nehru, they’re violent fanatics to be exterminated.

As long as they are killing Indian soldiers in Kashmir, they are my heroes.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:Is this a “he did it too, mommy” type of argument? I do not see many Muslims on this board and even if there are, they’re not as quick to say they’re Muslims as Christians are quick to reveal their beliefs. You, like many others, throw yourself into the fray on abortion and homosexual marriage with extreme views and expect that Muslims get “attacked” as much as you do? Please.

Ok, where is it then? If you guys are really that “fair” then give it to em! In reality, you’ve swallowed to much of your cultural sensitivity crap to even begin to see things for what they are.

If I am targeted because I am vocal about my beliefs, then you are admitting that you only tolerate people when you don’t have to put up with their differing opinions. How very cultural indeed!

Flag Post

I feel ignored.

MyTie, you have a legitimate complaint about a person. You do not have a legitimate complaint against an entire group of people who are relatively different.

Stop being silly.

Flag Post

I’m going to try to tenco this one.

Ok, where is it then? If you guys are really that “fair” then give it to em!

Who said anything about being fair? Ketsy did, and he is being fair. Me, I never said I was fair, but I already went after the token muslim.

In reality, you’ve swallowed to much of your cultural sensitivity crap to even begin to see things for what they are.

In reality you like to pretend that people are one-dimensional characters driven solely by the vague self-justifying ideologies they spout. That guy you keep calling out as a muslim just admitted he’s more of a pakistani nationalist. Hence why you label anyone who disagrees with you ‘libs’ or ‘cultured’, also why you have a victim complex as both a christian AND a conservative.

If I am targeted because I am vocal about my beliefs, then you are admitting that you only tolerate people when you don’t have to put up with their differing opinions.

No, you’re targeted because you’re an overbearing asshole about your beliefs. You’re the Archie Bunker who thinks people are being hypocritical if they don’t tolerate his loudmouthed views.

How very cultural indeed!

Again, who said anyone was?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ketsy:

I feel ignored.

MyTie, you have a legitimate complaint about a person. You do not have a legitimate complaint against an entire group of people who are relatively different.

Stop being silly.

I ignored you because you said I generalized ALL atheists on this board. In fact, I knew someone would say I had done that, so I was careful to not do that. In fact, I said:

the majority of Atheists I’ve talked to
So you were ignored for having a predictable knee-jerk reaction, one I’ve heard so many times I knew you (or someone) was going to post it before you even got out of bed this morning.

Flag Post

Where did you specify ‘the majority of atheists’? Also, he said you generalized everybody as ‘godless liberals’, which is exactly what you do.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jantonaitis:

I’m going to try to tenco this one.

I have created a term. My life is now complete.

Originally posted by MyTie:

I ignored you because you said I generalized ALL atheists on this board.

No she didn’t…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ketsy:

I feel ignored.

Stop being silly.

I ignored you because you said I generalized ALL atheists on this board. In fact, I knew someone would say I had done that, so I was careful to not do that. In fact, I said:

the majority of Atheists I’ve talked to

So you were ignored for having a predictable knee-jerk reaction, one I’ve heard so many times I knew you (or someone) was going to post it before you even got out of bed this morning.

You said, and I quote:

Come on you atheist multi-cultural libs. Tell him what for. Prove that you aren’t JUST anti-Christian.

Beyond that, I did not give you a knee-jerk reaction. If I did, it would have been much more vitriolic because you make these kinds of posts with consistency. All I’m asking is that you keep your complaints about people about those people rather than acting as if being a victim of any injustice gives you the right to act with impunity.

Flag Post

Ok. Sorry. You win. The people who pick out Christians because they have beef with Christianity, without provocation from the Christians they pick out, are, as a point of clarification, the individuals I’m singling out. Is that better? Now, from my personal experience, that’s the fucking majority of this internet forum.

In fact, I propose an experiment. I propose I make a thread about a Christian concept. Let’s see how long that thread can go without someone calling out the Christian value as “shit”. Wanna play ball?

Flag Post

Ok. The people who pick out Christians because they have beef with Christianity, without provocation from the Christians they pick out, are, as a point of clarification, the individuals I’m singling out.

WHAT? ? Please…try that again. Mah haid just couldn’t git rapped ’round dat.

Is that better?

Obviously NOT….
well, maybe NOT….
actually, I’m NOT even sure….lol

Now, from my personal experience, that’s the fucking majority of this internet forum.

YOUR opinion.
Fair enough.
BUT, are ya certain that it has been formed via a reasonable assessment,,,
or just a (as ya say) “knee-jerk” need to ad “hominemize” those who disagree w/ YOU?
Are ya aware that there is very likely quite a few Christians//conservatives that also DO NOT AGREE w/ ya?

In fact, I propose an experience. I propose I make a thread about a Christian concept. Let’s see how long that thread can go without someone calling out the Christian value as “shit”. Wanna play ball?

Yeah, let’s play.
Put yer money where your mouth is.
Make that thread….
I’m heartily looking forward to it.

Flag Post

karma, be honest, do you think that Christian values are treated with respect here? As for the thread, it’s a win win situation for me. Either I’m right and SD can’t go through one thread without referring to a Christian value as “shit”, or I’m wrong, but get the consolation of a respectful discussion. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong, but I doubt I am.

Flag Post

karma, be honest, do you think that Christian values are treated with respect here? As for the thread, it’s a win win situation for me. Either I’m right and SD can’t go through one thread without referring to a Christian value as “shit”, or I’m wrong, but get the consolation of a respectful discussion. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong, but I doubt I am.

Maybe Christ just has a shitty spokesman in SD.

Flag Post

Again, it would appear that ya’re just unable to understand “subjectiveness”.

“Christian values” = WHAT?
That is waaaaaaay too broad of a concept to be able to say these values aren’t being treated w/ respect here.

Besides, I don’t think you are understanding that your “problem” here is that ONLY SPECIFIC aspects of these “values” are being questioned & “under fire”. Contributing to your angst is the very realistic possibility that these SPECIFIC values are merely ones that YOU hold. And in doing so, ya’re simply showing something that is all to familiar…likely because it is so easily accomplished: believing ones part//contribution to the whole is equal in nature of the whole.

OR, if they acknowledge there are differences (shades-of-gray areas), they believe their own is the “one true exaullted & chosen & annointed representative” of the group. Well, to be more specific, ONLY SOME OF the group….they tend to wish those damn BINO’s (believers in name only) would just shut the fuck up. In fact, under more facist conditions…they actually ARE silelnced,,,,all in the name of God, Allah, Willy Wonka, etc.

With that in mind, give serious consideration to what Jans says just above. There just may be some truth in it. Meaning that it could be more that YOUR representation (interpretation) of Christian values which is stridently being question than are the values themself.

In an effort to be fair & generous to ya, YOUR “representation” very well could be a result of poor “PRESENTATION” of the overall Christian values and how they align w/ your own personal ones. This might very well be demonstrated by how difficult it is for ya make the distinction between the two where “needed”.

Good luck w/ that thread…
I fully intend to see it.
Cuz, I wanna see if this “win-win” of yours is possible.

Flag Post

yes iit is a very bad sin, and if you kill yourself you will go straight to hell. one of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill, and you killed yourself, which is a mortal sin, and with unconfessed mortal sin on your soul at death, you will go to hell.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jpl521:

yes iit is a very bad sin, and if you kill yourself you will go straight to hell. one of the ten commandments is thou shalt not kill, and you killed yourself, which is a mortal sin, and with unconfessed mortal sin on your soul at death, you will go to hell.

What if I confess before I bleed out/choke/drown?