Is the catolic church sexit and racist? (locked)

3 posts

Flag Post

Now I do not offend catolics (I’m protestant) so I don’t know about this. But I heard that all popes have been white guys and all were males, there has been no female. Can catolics give an explication about this?

Flag Post

To be a Pope, you need to be both a Catholic and a man. So yes, it is sexist. The Bible does have quite a handful of extremely sexist passages (Corinthians, 14:34-35 and Genesis 3:16 come to mind), but I do not know the Church’s opinion on them.
A black man was a pretty high contender for Pope, so I do not think the Catholic Church is racist. But then again, he was not chosen (which proves nothing). There are some Christians that justify racism claiming that the black people are the cursed inferior descendants of Ham, but the opinion of the sheep do not reflect in any way the opinion of the Church.

Flag Post

Because the first step of the ladder to becoming pope is to be male, and because the most likely candidates for Pope by far are the Cardinals, and they are usually from Italy and almost all cardinals are white, it’s basically a guarantee that your Popes aren’t going to be very ethnically diverse.