IF god was real why dosnt he fix the world we live in now

1767 posts

Flag Post

some people belive that god made the world i mean whats up with that…sorry if you belive in that but if he did why hasnt he fixed the world now because its all desroyed and that if hes so giving and caring and wishes for the best

Flag Post

Maybe god exists but isn’t loving and giving and caring, eh?

Flag Post

Is a judge ‘obligated’ to deliver mercy upon a convicted felon?

Flag Post

lol. Religion is supposed to be about faith. God wants people to belive in him through free will. If he just magically fixed all the worlds problems his existence would be undeniable and you would have no choice but to belive in him.

However being an atheist I kind of think, how can he be benevolent and yet let people be born into poverty through no fault of their own?

Flag Post

People seem to ask this question a lot, it surprises me.

Why do we assume that this is the only world God is watching over? And that there are not a million worlds he watches over, and this possibly is an inferior one. Talking about God is infinite, you can suppose anything unless you are strictly religions.

Also… why aren’t humans fixing the world?

Flag Post

Mertoness. Listen very carefully. I feel as I know you I need to tell you this-you speak properly, not with bad grammar and not sentinces or capital locks. Otherwise you build up a reputation as someone who’s dumb-no offence, but it’s what happens. Still, good point in this thread. Who knows? God is kind of a cruel guy anyway. He wiped the world clean of humans that didn’t believe in him, horribly drowning them all. He made laws that people who use his name for profanity should be stoned to death, and homosexuals burnt to death (well, killed anyway, I’m not quite sure how). He cast Adam and Eve out of the garden just because they ate some fruit. He doesn’t tolerate anything!

Flag Post

Why do we assume we’re innocent?
Why do we assume we don’t deserve every bit of suffering we get?

Flag Post

‘’Also… why aren’t humans fixing the world?’’

Indeed. I am a big fan of Bill Gates’ theory of creative capitalism to help the poverty stricken in the world. I also do not like the idea that families splash out at christmas when people are starving. If the developed world spent all the mnoney they did on presents and gave it to charities then the world wouldnt be nearly as poor.

‘’He cast Adam and Eve out of the garden just because they ate some fruit. He doesn’t tolerate anything!’’

Not as simple as that. Thewre are lots of examples of God’s mercy in the Bible too.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Paulest:

Why do we assume we’re innocent?
Why do we assume we don’t deserve every bit of suffering we get?

We aren’t. It’s easy to assume that God can change the fundamental of humanity, isn’t it?

Flag Post

He is the creator, not the takes-care-of-your-small-problems-man. He created us to become self-aware and know what we are doing. If we are making a mess, we have to clean it up, not him. We can ask him for the strength to fix something ourself, but we can’t tell him to “fix it all up”. That’s our task.

Flag Post

I was looking for a discussion concerning Christianity when this question popped up.

I’ll attempt to be brief: God created angels and man and everything else. Originally there was no corruption, but at some point Lucifer (now Satan)- the highest of the angels, became obsessed with his own power and splendor (pride). He came in the guise of a snake and tempted first Eve who then tempted Adam to violate God’s law (which was you may eat of any fruit but that of knowledge – knowing good from evil). Genesis 2:8

This violation caused separation from man and God and it has been like this ever since. Man has free will and that is why God did not prevent this temptation in the first place.

Life is a history lesson and an opportunity to see both good and evil actions. At a time only known to God Jesus will arrive and a new age will begin, the disasters that are ever present will cease including death and suffering.

Knowing God through Jesus and studying wisdom administered by the Holy Spirit (which is an other topic)- You discern what good is and what evil is. Satan (evil) wars with God (good) both are spirits and invisible to the human eye, but you see the results.

This is far from a complete answer. It is a brief one. I am looking for a topic that I may say more and answer further questions. I’ll check back as undoubtedly someone has something more to contribute. I hope this helps!

( in the 5 minutes I spent getting my thoughts together 7 people replied lol)

Flag Post

some people belive that god made the world i mean whats up with that…sorry if you belive in that but if he did why hasnt he fixed the world now because its all desroyed and that if hes so giving and caring and wishes for the best

If the world was destroyed then where are we?

Flag Post

Originally posted by Marh

Why do we assume that this is the only world God is watching over? And that there are not a million worlds he watches over, and this possibly is an inferior one. Talking about God is infinite, you can suppose anything unless you are strictly religions.

People, we screwed up the world, not God. Plus, God once does, that’s all there is to it. It’s like a bird, once it’s old enough, it flies away and never comes back. Same thing for humans. We aged, and nothing else. We advance our technology, but at a cost of the planet. Not really though, people just don’t understand the concept of life. The gas companies want to deplete all of the fossil fuel so they can get as much money as possible. They stink of ignorance because they are destroying the planet. They stopped making the electric powered and hydrogen powered cars because they aren’t making enough money because of the car’s high cost of money. Solar power is also in affect, but not enough. God just creates, god doesn’t fix. Miracles, there are no such things as miracles!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Phyxus:

Originally posted by Marh

People, we screwed up the world, not God. Plus, God once does, that’s all there is to it. It’s like a bird, once it’s old enough, it flies away and never comes back. Same thing for humans. We aged, and nothing else. We advance our technology, but at a cost of the planet. Not really though, people just don’t understand the concept of life. The gas companies want to deplete all of the fossil fuel so they can get as much money as possible. They stink of ignorance because they are destroying the planet. They stopped making the electric powered and hydrogen powered cars because they aren’t making enough money because of the car’s high cost of money. Solar power is also in affect, but not enough. God just creates, god doesn’t fix. Miracles, there are no such things as miracles!

I agree with most of what you say, though I disagree that there aren’t any miracles. Then again, it depends on your definition of “miracle” so who knows.

But yes, who knows… why do we assume God watches over us. Maybe he just acknowledges our existence, and gracefully accepts it? (or something grittier than that, maybe)

Flag Post

mabye he couldnt be arsed

Flag Post

I’m pretty sure that God did not make an evil, wicked world.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pink_Fuzzy_Bunny:

I’m pretty sure that God did not make an evil, wicked world.

What did he make, then?

Flag Post

What did he make, then?

The world he created was not “evil and wicked” at first. It was us humans disturbing the natural balance. That is why we have to clean it up. He won’t do it for us.

Flag Post

This concept that man has to choose between good and evil is absolutely ridiculous. There is no such thing as good an evil. These terms have just been thought up by the human race that categorizes things that help humanity survive and things that don’t.

For example, murder, rape, thievery, and greed all hurt society as a whole. Therefore, humans deemed them “evil.” Caring, giving, sacrifice, and peace are all beneficial to society, which is why humans classify them as “good.”

Flag Post
Originally posted by Darkruler2005:

What did he make, then?

The world he created was not “evil and wicked” at first. It was us humans disturbing the natural balance. That is why we have to clean it up. He won’t do it for us.

It’s assumed he created, humans, isn’t it?

I guess he technically created a world that would eventually grow corrupt…

Flag Post

Muhfish, what are you trying to say in the context of this topic?

Marh, he created us humans to do as we want to. He knew we have the ability to disturb the natural balance, but he did know too we have the ability to care. Apparently, we went the way God did not want us to go. That doesn’t mean he’ll remove us, why would he? It means he’ll not save us when we go down due to our own doings.

Flag Post

We can’t have the ability to care without God.

Also, nice 1337 posts.

Flag Post

Also, nice 1337 posts.

Dang, I keep forgetting memorable post amounts.

Flag Post

We can’t have the ability to care without God.

Why not?

Flag Post

We can feign caring, but very few people really truly care about other people’s souls. God is the source and the Creator for care, and He is the only one that does it perfectly.