Obama Just Finished His Speech In Israel

5 posts

Flag Post

But the Palestinian people’s right to self-determination and justice must also be recognized. Put yourself in their shoes – look at the world through their eyes. It is not fair that a Palestinian child cannot grow up in a state of her own, and lives with the presence of a foreign army that controls the movements of her parents every single day. It is not just when settler violence against Palestinians goes unpunished.  It is not right to prevent Palestinians from farming their lands; to restrict a student’s ability to move around the West Bank; or to displace Palestinian families from their home. Neither occupation nor expulsion is the answer. Just as Israelis built a state in their homeland, Palestinians have a right to be a free people in their own land.

I didn’t think he had the balls to say something like that. People are already calling this speech historic, for better of for worse. I believe most people are able to emphasize with his desire for peace, and now might be the best chance they will ever get.

Article on subject/ full speech

Flag Post

Everyone involved has to make a lot of progress, and if this counts as progress from Israel’s biggest ally then it can’t be a bad thing because they’re the only ones with the power to cajole Israel into making real concessions.

But there have been some lovely words spoken in the past and they made no difference at all. And even with the US prodding them, both sides are still acting like pillocks. It’s one of those conflicts in which, were I forced to fight in it, I’d stand in the middle and shoot at them both.

Flag Post

I guess that if the American Hatfield-McCoy feud was eventually resolved,,then most any other such recovery could be possible.

Flag Post

It just seems ironic to me that the Commander in Chief of the largest military meddler in the world (the US) is chiding another country for using its military to meddle.

I do appreciate the President voicing his opinion on how to broker peace there and it would be fantastic if there could be a peaceful existence of both Palestine and Israel; I just question whether or not peace in that particular region will ever really be possible.

Flag Post

obama talked for the president of israel and aplogized for killing millions of muslims etc. in the name of israel. and now israel is gonna accept aid to palestine from other countries.