Trolling or just crazy Korean lady? (locked)

10 posts

Flag Post

Kay, some crazy person just sent me something so odd I can’t even guess it’s true. (On Kongregate this was sent to me, not email.(I’m not putting in some of the private parts, marked by [censored]))

"
MYDONATIN.

[Censored] AT yahoo.co.jp

I am Mrs Kim [Censored] from South Korea, currently living in Cote d’ivoire as a result of service relocation from my late husband who was an oil magnet business man (Suffering breast Cancer ) I need your honest assistance to transfer ($5 million dollars USD) that my latehusband deopsited in one of the security firm here I will give you more detais as soon as i hear from you
Please contact me through this email for more details myEmail( [Censored]@yahoo.co.uk )

My Nurse help me to write this email.

Hoping to hearing from you
Remain blessed
Yours Sister in Christ
Mrs [Censored]"

…Whut.

Flag Post

Neither. It’s a scam, pure and simple. I haven’t seen one of these for a couple of years now, but they used to be very common.

If you reply, Mrs. Kim (who is certainly African and probably a man) will ask you for money to assist in the transfer of theses imaginery funds. If you are mad enough to send money, you will be asked for more and more. You will never see a penny in return. Do yourself a favour and delete this email, then forget all about it. If it sems too good to be true, it usually is, and in this case it definitely is. Leave well alone.

Edit: this may shed some further light, just in case there’s someone else out there who has never come across this fraud.

Flag Post

Or have some fun with it make sure not to give them anything to go on and make them waste some time. (try and see if you can get them to download a virus or something)…

Flag Post

Both, trolling and crazy Korean lady.

Flag Post

Delete. Forget about it, the email is probably a scam.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

That spam bot is still around? It has been doing this for years.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ExemplaryReturns:

That spam bot is still around? It has been doing this for years.

What spam bot?

Flag Post

I got one of these. However, the person sent a picture of a black female dressed in very skimpy clothes, asking for money so that they could get out of their horrible situation in Africa. I decided to play with it, and send emails telling them I’d get money. In the end, it backfired, as they sent MORE pictures. Just don’t respond to that email.