North Korea approves a nuclear attack on the US

27 posts

Flag Post

Should the US & possibly the UN go to war with North Korea?

Keep in mind North Korea only has nuclear missles at the moment strong enough to destroy a city like St. Louis, while the US can most likely wipe Noth Korea off the face of the earth. However NK’s missles are far from the US, and at full potential can only hit Hawaii if their accuracy is good.

Attacking North Korea and taking it over will put more democratic countries to Communist China, and could possibly start a WWIII with UN/US and South Korea vs Russia (possibly), Iraq/Iran (possibly) and China, and that cannot end well.

However not attacking North Korea only gives them more time to make stronger missles, run their mouth and get stronger.

So do you think that the US and maybe the UN as a whole attack North Korea to stop any nuclear threat?

Flag Post

I mean, if it’s necessary. North Korea is a communist country so you never know.

Flag Post

Don’t go to war. Just continue to destroy their ability to trade until they go under and collapse. Even if North Korea manages to launch a missile, it will be destroyed before it hits Japan, Australia, or Alaska. The only true threat would be if a missile hits South Korea, which would upset most of the world powers, including China. If North Korea launches a missile, China and Japan will most likely declare war on North Korea due to hostile proximity. The only thing the United States needs to do is send aid for South Korea and Japan. If this were to happen, China would likely annex both North and South Korea, which would likely upset United States politicians.

Flag Post

Being here in the UK where the Cold War ended 23 years ago I always forget it is still going on in America, atleast within the heads of paranoid Americans.

Russia condemns North Korea’s actions and has never stated any support for anyone other than the South and the UN in this matter. Recently Russia released this statement “[NK’s attempts to] violate decisions of the UN Security Council are categorically unacceptable”. Why would Russia suddenly join in this “World War” against the UN, when so far they have supported the UN at the six country talks?

OK now the slander of Russia is out of the way would you like to provide a link to where NK has actually approved a nuclear strike on the US and has made actions to support the claim. Last I heard NK was making alot of threats but the only action so far was to shoot themselves in the foot and shut down their biggest industry (the shared Kaesong industrial region). NK has moved a single midrange missile launcher to it’s East coast, but these are not believed capable of reaching the US or carrying a nuclear warhead. There are also at least 2 Aegis class ships in the area with a 82% success rate when intercepting missiles, statistically for both to miss is only a chance of 3.24%, and then there are also the more local defences on SK, Japan, and the new Thaad system on Guam that would all also have to miss for the missile to actually hit it’s target.

With such a low hit-chance, and such a low chance that NK would ever even launch a missile at a UN country, a pre-emptive war is not desirable. If NK launches then they will be condemned by every UN nation, China included. China’s economy is not growing as it once was and alot of China’s trade is linked to Europe and the US, cutting these trade links would be very bad for China’s economy and I think China will weigh up the pro’s and con’s and decide that NK are not worth a war with the UN over.

Neither Iran or Iraq have the capability to stage large scale warfare outside of their region, so not sure how they fit into this idea of WW3.

A pre-emptive war against NK would likely see China supplying their allies (NK), whereas letting NK start the war, specially if they even try to use nuclear weapons, would lead to China ignoring their pleas for aid once the rest of the world comes down on them. It is far better to wait and see if this can be played out to a peaceful solution rather than rush into another war.

Though I must admit with this OP, I’m not sure who wants war most, NK or the US

Flag Post

IF North Korea actually plans to back up their current threats, there’s only 2 ways to resolve this type of conflict. Either one side backs down, or we’ll have war. Still, there isn’t a lot of support for North Korea’s government worldwide, so you can expect to see a pretty one sided conflict. China hasn’t favored them much since they ideologically split off from the USSR. Russia hasn’t been their buddy since the end of the Cold War. They only have countries like Iran that think reasonably of them, and even that is agreement over a common enemy (the US/NATO). Really, their military strength is nothing compared to the US alone, and when you factor in any of our allies, they have next to no ground to stand on in negotiations, other than nuclear weapons that they won’t be able to fully utilize against us.

Just continue to destroy their ability to trade until they go under and collapse

So far economics hasn’t worked, so if you think we absolutely need to get North Korea off the map, we’ll have to do it the more… forward way.

Flag Post

I don’t really see any reason to wipe NK off the map. They are a failed state yes, but they are roaring impotently as usual. The only real problem in the region I would say is the disgusting quality of life the people of the country are forced to endure. From a military perspective, they are only a threat themselves to the smallest of countries.

Flag Post

I personally believe that the real troubles begin AFTER North Korea’s wipeout:

North Korea attacks someone => It gets conquered by the allies => USA builds a fully functional military base within spitting distance of Beijing => China gets seriously pissed => Sends it’s troops to take over => And now we have two giant babies fighting over candy neither of them actually wants.

Originally posted by onlineidiot1994:
Just continue to destroy their ability to trade until they go under and collapse

So far economics hasn’t worked, so if you think we absolutely need to get North Korea off the map, we’ll have to do it the more… forward way.

As long as China is willing to deal with North Korea, western trade blockades have zero to no chance of working. Besides I have a feeling that Kim Jong-un, the current North Korean leader, isn’t willing to just let go and disappear. Should rations ever get too low he would probably proclaim that the evil allies are trying to destroy their great country and declare war against South Korea. The numbers are taken from wikipedia estimates, but do you think that 9,495,000 brainwashed fanatics would cause some problems to the allied forces?

Flag Post

North Korea is a very poor country and will stand no chance with the U.S. Although, China has their back.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio: Although, China has their back.

Not really, China has said that they don’t like the statements that North Korea has been saying, and they definitely wouldn’t back them immediately if North Korea implanted its last few brain cells into their balls and decided to actually go to war.

Flag Post

I think they should let the Koreans resume their activity. It’s not like it’s getting out of hand. Although the possibility of actually attacking America still stands, I believe the U.S. can sort this matter before it will actually affect civilian lives

Flag Post

Seriously, when you have appendicitis, you cut the appendix off instead of antibiotics. Why China and the US are still using antibiotics is still a mystery.

Look at the shape of the peninsula, it really looks like an appendix.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pulsaris:

Seriously, when you have appendicitis, you cut the appendix off instead of antibiotics. Why China and the US are still using antibiotics is still a mystery.

Look at the shape of the peninsula, it really looks like an appendix.

Well if North Korea was invaded and occupied, it would be unified with South Korea, but then the occupation would last for years, decades to bring the nation back into the fold (Just look at the Confederate States (USA), or East Germany.), especially with the amount of brainwashing endured by much of the population. There’s also the large economic disparity that South Korea would have to take on (though I believe the US would assist.)
And the point I want to make – the most likely reason China wants to keep North Korea around is because if Korea was unified under South Korea, then it would border a US ally, and the US and China aren’t exactly on the best of terms, despite our dependence on each other. It’s a shrinking of it’s sphere of influence. Of course, North Korea is becoming more and more of a liability, and probably making China reconsider it’s decision to keep propping up the Korean North.

Flag Post

IMO NK is only doing this so it is “feared” by other countries other than usa

their LRBMs cant even reach usa anyway, while usa’s ICBMs can easily get there.

EDIT: nk could be developing them secretely, but i doubt they can pay for it.

Flag Post

if north korea attempts to even try hitting america, they will be in ruins within a week

Flag Post
Originally posted by cesarcurado:

IMO NK is only doing this so it is “feared” by other countries other than usa

their LRBMs cant even reach usa anyway, while usa’s ICBMs can easily get there.

EDIT: nk could be developing them secretely, but i doubt they can pay for it.

Probably more likely doing it to keep their own people in a state of fear and patriotic fervour.

Flag Post

China is really more of a capitalist country than a communist one.

Flag Post

it’s china you should worry about. and

USA will win any WWIII possibility.

Flag Post

That’s a rather large assumption.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLoneLucas:

Definitely maybe.

Flag Post

Obviously, the U.S would win because North Korea is so poor and communist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

Unless China sides with North Korea.

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

Unless China sides with North Korea.

Which should be highly unlikely.

EDIT: Also, North Korea’s not actually communist. It does calls itself democratic, but there’s only one candidate so it’s practically a misnomer.

Flag Post

US will definitely join in this. (They are the ones threatened, after all.)
Besides, US joined a majority of wars (WW2, Cold war and etc.)

Look at US, They have lots of guns, planes and troops. Though you can’t be assured that they’ll win every war their in. Seriously though, NK should shut up, grow some more muscle before declaring war on like USA.

Flag Post

I don’t think there are any other countries besides Russia that can fight the US…

Flag Post
Originally posted by F22FA18FX14:

US will definitely join in this. (They are the ones threatened, after all.)
Besides, US joined a majority of wars (WW2, Cold war and etc.)

Look at US, They have lots of guns, planes and troops. Though you can’t be assured that they’ll win every war their in. Seriously though, NK should shut up, grow some more muscle before declaring war on like USA.

Tactics of militaries such as NK’s usually denote drowning the enemy in rolls of fat.

They have plenty of cannon fodder.