North Korea

23 posts

Flag Post

Alright, so I’ve heard that North Korea had a hissy fit and declared war against South Korea, and I’ve heard that there’s some tension between North Korea and the US.

Can someone tell me exactly what happened, what’s going on currently, and the chances of a world war 3 type situation?

Flag Post

kim jong-un wasn’t allowed to eat them

Flag Post

I think Kim Jong Un needs to change his mind about this before the U.S. fight back. I mean seriously, they’re asking for it!

Flag Post

yea north korea says he wants to attack america but hes not gonna do it cuz then he gets owned. so he just say hes gonna bomb america so his own people will like him more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Harry_mess:

Alright, so I’ve heard that North Korea had a hissy fit and declared war against South Korea, and I’ve heard that there’s some tension between North Korea and the US.

Can someone tell me exactly what happened

North Korea were sanctioned for carrying out nuclear tests, North Korea saw this as an attack and decided they need to defend themselves, they have denied South Korean’s access to the shared industrial area on North Korea’s southern boarder even though this area is a massive boost to N Korea’s economy and S Korea pays £480m per year in wages to NK workers

what’s going on currently,

North Korea are making lots of threats, but zero action to show they are willing or in a position to back those threats up

and the chances of a world war 3 type situation?

Zero, for a world war you need more than one country on each side, and countries with a strong enough military to actually compete on each side.

Flag Post

World War 3 may and will never happen. North Korea is definently too weak.

Flag Post

Although China was reportedly in opposition toward North Korea’s nuclear testing, it probably should still be factored that they were also reportedly on friendly terms with North Korea. What do you suppose would happen to the United States if they had to go up against China in addition to North Korea?

Well, on the side of the Philippines, they’re already hoping that the U.S. will intervene on China’s slow invasion of some of the islands. It doesn’t seem all too farfetched that China has a stake of land to gain if they can reasonably hold their ground against the U.S.

Flag Post

Kakko I highly doubt China would risk or even contemplate a war with the US, they have come too far as a nation to risk losing it just for some extra land.

Flag Post
Originally posted by FlabbyWoofWoof:

Kakko I highly doubt China would risk or even contemplate a war with the US, they have come too far as a nation to risk losing it just for some extra land.

You’d never know. It wouldn’t be the first time two countries with business ties to one another went to war. Great Britain and Germany comes to mind.

Flag Post

You’re right, you never can be a 100% sure…but I’m willing to state the chance of China going to war with the US over N Korea are as high as Russia going to war with the US over Syria if the US got involved there.

China would have more to lose with a war, than to gain.

Flag Post

North Korea have restarted a nuclear reactor, and the US have set up anti missile support.

I believe someone went over to Japan (Or China?) to attempt to get them to work with them so that the entire situation would diffuse, but I feel only time will tell.

At any rate, North Korea won’t be lasting long, and I feel they will be stopped far short of a WWIII scenario.

Flag Post

Nuclear reactors require a very different source material to nuclear weapons, if what you say is accurate. Restarting a nuclear power station does not equate to possessing weapons grade plutonium.

Flag Post

The North Korean leader passed away, and now the country is being governed by his son, who is very military based. He threatens S. Korea to bomb them and invade, and the US have to try and convince the Chinese to persuade N. Korea not to do this (because China are allies of N. Korea), as the S. Koreans and the US are far more advanced with anti-bombing technology. But if a war breaks out with the N and S. Koreans, then China will play a vital role on who is going to win.

Flag Post

North Korea has almost no diplomatic power, and there is almost no chance at all of any country backing them, especially China. What does China have to gain with supporting North Korea? Almost nothing, and they have a lot to lose with such a ridiculous alliance.

There isn’t much to worry about in terms of a global war, North Korea is just too small a power to cause such a crises. Worst case scenario North Korea may end up causing a lot of useless bloodshed, but nothing on a global scale.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLavaIncident:

North Korea has almost no diplomatic power, and there is almost no chance at all of any country backing them, especially China. What does China have to gain with supporting North Korea? Almost nothing, and they have a lot to lose with such a ridiculous alliance.

There isn’t much to worry about in terms of a global war, North Korea is just too small a power to cause such a crises. Worst case scenario North Korea may end up causing a lot of useless bloodshed, but nothing on a global scale.

North Korea supply China with some resources, but China can easily gt over the hurdle with a little less resources, because they are dominant in exports of manufactured goods.

Flag Post

North Korea have been threatening to destroy South Korea since the 80’s but they’re all talk. They’ve realized that they were getting no reaction from them so now they’re threatening the US. Seoul don’t really care why should any other country worry, they are more likely to be attacked than the US since they are just a border away from North Korea. People should just keep an eye on them, but don’t take them too seriously. They are quite an unpredictable Country. If something does happen well I’m:

Flag Post

we should keep an eye on north Korea because they have a nuke that they might target us. e\Even though we have about a million nukes. It can cost a lot of lives.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RonnieL5:

we should keep an eye on north Korea because they have a nuke that they might target us. e\Even though we have about a million nukes. It can cost a lot of lives.

Nukes can’t reach a destination that fast especially not overseas, if the nukes could go that far or if they actually exist.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RonnieL5:

North Korea, as far as we know, does not have the tech to launch a nuke to the lower 48, and actually, not even Alaska and Hawaii. Guam is the limit, I guess.

Those who should be worrying are Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul. Hopefully, the latter two will have US-aided defenses, so the question becomes whether NK will target China.

Flag Post

Those who should be worrying are Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul. Hopefully, the latter two will have US-aided defenses,

Unless Japan / SK have missile shielding (and they dont), nothing the US could provide would help stop a nuke.

so the question becomes whether NK will target China.

Why would they?

Flag Post

Unless Japan / SK have missile shielding (and they dont), nothing the US could provide would help stop a nuke.

Sea-based Aegis system perhaps? Although it’s not 100% safe, no missile shielding offers surefire protection.

so the question becomes whether NK will target China.

Because Kim Jong Un’s sanity is uncertain. By the way, any big country can do what China did for NK, and if NK could prove it got nukes, SK and Japan would accept NK extortions no matter what, wouldn’t they? Yes, I do think NK may kick China aside once NK really has the nukes.

Flag Post

uh…so because kim jong un is crazy, he’ll defy political logic and attack his own ally. uh-HUH.

The idea that kim jong un is crazy – it’s rather more likely he’s playing the long-hand – would, at best, only signify that he would ignore MAD protocols and attack a country without fear of consequences. Hence why the threat towards SK could be genuine. Now, by contrast,

By the way, any big country can do what China did for NK, and if NK could prove it got nukes, SK and Japan would accept NK extortions no matter what, wouldn’t they?

THIS is crazy talk.

Flag Post

Besides, with its population base and resources, it can easily acquire land through immigration and commercial ventures. Subverting regions through pouring in Chinese Nationals has long been a mainstay, as well as shady purchases of various corporate venture. As much as they need the lebensraum that would be too hostile, and they remain attached to the their historical plot.

Well except missile intercepting boats. Which are pretty all over the place as it is.

Because Kim Jong Un’s sanity is uncertain. By the way, any big country can do what China did for NK, and if NK could prove it got nukes, SK and Japan would accept NK extortions no matter what, wouldn’t they? Yes, I do think NK may kick China aside once NK really has the nukes.

Not that I think they’d exactly be ‘kicked aside’ but the general status quo shift is a great reason why China will likely never allow NK to possess them. Japan’s previous administrations have also threatened unilateral action should NK became a tangible threat.