Boston Marathon Double Explosions page 4

98 posts

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by Draconavin:

I’m going to tell you this right now because I respect you too much, Twilight_Ninja.
Most of the TV judges are bigots, but great forms of entertainment.
Just look at Judge Judy—man is she ever fun to watch in a courtroom—but you shouldn’t take anything they say seriously.

Draco, I do see what you are saying about Fox News, because they have obviously found their niche with a certain slant. When investigating this slant, I also checked in to see what Huffington said about it—it took a more sympathetic approach on the bomber’s mother, saying she had “found a deeper level of spirituality”, or something.

The big picture, I think, is that the bomber’s mother basically hung herself with her statements. She’s either an atrociously bad public speaker (who needs to shut up posthaste), or she really has some radical beliefs that need watched. Just my opinion.

Pirro was entertaining though, no? :-)

Flag Post

Yes she was.

Although, I wonder what ridiculously stupid things my own mother would say if her kids did something as atrociously stupid as what the Tsarnaev brothers had done. Mother’s love, is there a stronger bond?

What they did was extremely short-sighted and rash. What did they hope to accomplish by hurting innocents? They didn’t progress Muslim understanding or even tolerance for their religion. They just forced the nation to get even angrier, and more vitriolic to their cause or grievances. Perhaps they felt like failures, perhaps they felt they were losers, and wanted to do something great for “their people”. But this is a stupid belief to have if you are going to use violence to achieve it. They didn’t consider all the angles, they didn’t understand how easy the backlash would be for disrupting the peace. Hey, some old folks get angry when you play your music too loudly in the car while driving through their neighborhood. What did they expect when they decided to make an even bigger noise through violence. Did they really think people would sympathize so easily for being stupid? I don’t think so. They should have worked harder, and they seemed to have had a bright future ahead of them. If only they didn’t get so misguided, they would have been helping society, and improving Muslim relations—not falling into the false rhetoric of us vs them nonsense. When will humanity learn; we are all family—no matter what. We hurt our brothers and sisters by genetic blood, and it will end up biting us all in the butt, in the long run.
The christian crusades were frivolous; what makes the repeated history of Islamic jihad, any better? Not a damn bit. It’s a pointless endeavor, and because they are poor,uneducated, or feel victimized, they feel it is their duty to use violence to make people listen to them. Because we haven’t learned that diplomacy, and using your words are far better to pointless violence, right? Yah…

Flag Post

Scary shit.

Flag Post

No, they converted. They were not Islam at first, go read about it, sir.

Chechnyan’s who converted to Islam? A rare breed, care to cite that since it’s your claim?

They didn’t progress Muslim understanding or even tolerance for their religion.

I’d have to suggest there is a wide stripe of Islamist’s who desire neither tolerance or understanding. I agree that there is a vast psychological underpinning, as you develop, but – war upon the infidel is it’s own raison d’etre.

in the long run. The christian crusades were frivolous

Can’t say I agree. Halting Islamic expansion into Europe during the Middle Ages certainly had a massive impact, one I would venture was rather beneficial.

It’s a pointless endeavor, and because they are poor,uneducated, or feel victimized, they feel it is their duty to use violence to make people listen to them.

I would say the relationship between Duty and Violence in Islam extends beyond the poor, uneducated and victimized (which, to be fair, has it’s own relationship to violence) and must be held to the rhetoric of the religion itself. There’s no absence of the call to shed blood in that thing, no matter how many people desperately try to assert otherwise.

At the end of the day it is a War text, and it will forever breed war people in some measure.

Flag Post

Did you know that jihad by the sword is only but a small aspect of jihad-ism? There are various other aspects to jihad.
People in Asia have gone to war for Buddhism, Hinduism, Toaist,all sorts of religions that we in the west deem as peace texts.
Anything can be twisted. But why and for what reason is where we need to nip these wrong philosophies in the bud before they cause undue harm for no beneficial effect in the long term.
I do understand that there is a ruling class in Islam that we allow to pull the strings of jihadist puppets for the sake of resources, but how long are we going to ignore them? I don’t know. That’s up to our politicians to decide through democratic election. I still believe in democracy with all it’s little flaws. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:
Originally posted by thepunisher52:

Russians who converted into Islam, how ironic..

They were muslims to begin with, how ignorant

They were muslims, they were chechens, chechens are muslims,
he was born to a muslim family
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dzhokhar_and_Tamerlan_Tsarnaev#Shared_background

Flag Post

They were muslims, they were chechens

As far as I know chechens are chechens.
Seriously, ethnicity is not religion.

It’s not rocket science.

Flag Post

Did you know that jihad by the sword is only but a small aspect of jihad-ism? There are various other aspects to jihad.

I’ve been told that yes. But I would say such as assertion is trying to impose an ideology upon the text. Which, by all means, if the larger Islamic community wants to – let them. It has been done to other religions, and I’m happier it being done again. But, at inception, at it’s truth, do I believe jihad by the sword is the smaller aspect of a grander struggle against man’s baser urges? No, no absolutely not. It’s the call to drive out the invader, seize land, establish culture. Mohammed establishes peace in weakness, war in strength. Look at the passages, look at the history that followed it’s wake.

People in Asia have gone to war for Buddhism, Hinduism, Toaist,all sorts of religions that we in the west deem as peace texts. Anything can be twisted. But why and for what reason is where we need to nip these wrong philosophies in the bud before they cause undue harm for no beneficial effect in the long term.

Yes they certainly have. Although the level of Buddhist-centric wars are pretty minimal, to their credit. You imply that I am ‘twisting’ the creed, that what I am suggesting is some ‘perversion’ of the warm and fuzzy religion of peace. I would disagree, salvaging peace out of that work is the perversion, it is a war polemic. No amount of other religions personal baggage will change or temper that. As for nipping harmful philosophies, that seems the natural progression of cultural grooming. I would question whether we are in the ‘bud’ face anymore, but poisoned roots bear poisoned fruit. Not that I endorse removing choice, but such a decision is not something I would celebrate.

Flag Post
Originally posted by EPR89:

They were muslims, they were chechens

As far as I know chechens are chechens.
Seriously, ethnicity is not religion.

It’s not rocket science.

I understand what you are saying but since my birth, i have seen chechen muslims fighting for their homeland.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Zneak:

Scary shit.

This.

Flag Post

How come we don’t license bombers? You know, do extended background checks for those trying to buy a pressure cooker or backpack? Personally, I think they should just ban pressure cookers.

Flag Post

Good idea! And while you’re at it, prevent access to the internet to the ignorant, irrational & insane.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jhco50:

How come we don’t license bombers? You know, do extended background checks for those trying to buy a pressure cooker or backpack? Personally, I think they should just ban pressure cookers.

If more people had bombs then they could defend themselves against the nutters with bombs. All bombings happen in bomb free areas where civilians don’t have bombs with which to defend themselves from bombers

Flag Post

Originally posted by dd790:

If more people had bombs then they could defend themselves against the nutters with bombs. All bombings happen in bomb free areas where civilians don’t have bombs with which to defend themselves from bombers

Not the time

Flag Post

Originally posted by dd790:

Not the time

Well if jhco50 will try and make idiotic pro-gun arguments out of a tragedy then I am going to mock them for it as I find it firstly stupid and secondly, sickening

Flag Post

It’s posts like these where we really need a Like button or something.

Flag Post

you knowwe should make a scaner that pepole have go though before they go to biuldings partys and celabrations like the 4th of july.

Flag Post

Speaking of which, why did you make this statement, jhco? I understand this is pro-gun and everything but doesn’t really seem relevant to the thread since we are discussing the Boston tragedy and/or it’s religious ties.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RonnieL5:

you knowwe should make a scaner that pepole have go though before they go to biuldings partys and celabrations like the 4th of july.

Doesn’t work for events like marathons however, as you potentially have many dozens of square miles of terrain to make safe.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:

Speaking of which, why did you make this statement, jhco? I understand this is pro-gun and everything but doesn’t really seem relevant to the thread since we are discussing the Boston tragedy and/or it’s religious ties.

I made that post because it does correlate to the Boston bombings. Biden made the statement that because of this tragedy, he will make sure to make the people safer by introducing more legislation on handguns. I had to do a double take on that. It is my understanding they had one semi-auto handgun between them. Obviously, not everyone saw the news that day.

Flag Post
Originally posted by issendorf:

I wish Facebook had a dislike button too; maybe in the future. Although I think if you put :poop: or something like that it actually does post a pile of shit. :-)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Twilight_Ninja:
Originally posted by issendorf:

I wish Facebook had a dislike button too; maybe in the future. Although I think if you put :poop: or something like that it actually does post a pile of shit. :-)

That would be cool.