End of Story.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheAkwardKid:
prove your answer

Cute.

Flag Post

Have fun reading!

See you next year… Or so…
And try to keep your sanity. Those threads are a bigger test for that than anything any God could ever come up with.

Flag Post

What has been established: A deity cannot be proven or dis-proven. The bible and other attempts at creating a false deity’s words into scripture to rule humanity, however, can be easily dis-proven. If there is a deity, then we haven’t had any true contact with it/them.

Flag Post

God doesn’t exist. However I do believe the flying spaghetti monster exists. I have no empirical evidence to prove it, but I know she exists because i believe in her (yes, the flying spaghetti monster is in fact a goddess).

But seriously, I guess the biggest reason I don’t believe God exists is not even that but I cannot believe that a God that is just and fair in every way would born us into different geographical locations with different religions, ultimately we are indoctrined into those religions and are essentially saved if we are born in a Christian nation (like the U.S.) and burn in hell if we have no access to the Christian religion (born in some sort of tribal village or a middle eastern country). That’s a really brief definition but I have to go.

Flag Post

Doesn’t this depend on your definition of God?

Flag Post

Why does a god have to exists?

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheLavaIncident:

Doesn’t this depend on your definition of God?

Very much so. I can quite comfortably see them existing. Some here, others elsewhere throught the cosmos.

With the exception of those which are generated as meta-entities using human minds like neurons (our religious gods), most would likely not come into contact with humanity, or see us as mere amusements or trinkets, nothing more.

After all, the most intelligent minds in the human species, often have trouble dealing with the sheer stupidity of most of the human race. It really is mind-boggling at times. Why would an entity orders of magnitude more intelligent than those individuals, seek out a race as, basically, dumb as humanity? What have they got to gain from us?

Short of some form of sustenance, I cannot see there being any use for us from such entities.

Flag Post

God does exist….. But everyone interprets it/him different.

Motivation: everyone calls onto god in extremely good(during sexual intercourse ( oh god that feels good)) and bad situations (for god’s sake!). Ever heard a someone go, during a good or a bad moment, oh big bang theory? ;)

Flag Post

To me ‘God’ does not exist, because the experience and knowledge I’ve acquired during my life point to the whole idea of ‘God’ being a pure invention of humanity, and nothing more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wave_Rida:

Motivation: everyone calls onto god in extremely good(during sexual intercourse ( oh god that feels good)) and bad situations (for god’s sake!). Ever heard a someone go, during a good or a bad moment, oh big bang theory? ;)

I don’t call upon God or curse on him, it’s just a figure of speech. It’s me expressing excitement, anger or whatever I want to express. I have no concept of a divine being in mind when I say stuff like that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Wave_Rida:

Does that mean ‘fuck’ exists then?

Motivation: everyone calls onto fuck in extremely good(during sexual intercourse ( oh fuck that feels good)) and bad situations (for fuck’s sake!). Ever heard a someone go, during a good or a bad moment, oh intercourse? ;)

Flag Post

Only on Monty Python.

Flag Post
Originally posted by beauval:

Only on Monty Python.

I did think when I wrote it that I actually have used the phrase a couple times around Python fans

Flag Post

As a wise guy once said: all religions have been made by man. (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Flag Post
Originally posted by slasher:

What has been established: A deity cannot be proven or dis-proven. The bible and other attempts at creating a false deity’s words into scripture to rule humanity, however, can be easily dis-proven. If there is a deity, then we haven’t had any true contact with it/them.

I’d say this is pretty much true. The only addendum I’d add is that we don’t have any accurate contact/image of that deity. I think it’s more correct to say that “It didn’t happen exactly that way.” Giving the benefit of the doubt that it may have happened somehow and could be a God is an unfair pardon though. It could have been anything, but suggesting it’s a particular God requires a reason, and if there’s no actual reason you came up with a feature or explanation, then it’s false by its very nature. The same reason a coincidence of me guessing what present you got me doesn’t make me a psychic, or give me x-ray vision to be able to see into the box. Only if that’s actually where I got the data from does it mean that the data is true, even if it happens to be true.

That said, if a God being did arrive, I think the bible would be an accurate representation of Mankind’s then-contemporary understanding of the situation. That’s still a poor explanation, and not much of a theory of anything. There’s no problem that requires a God that matches any religious explanation in the world, and all of the attempts to marry the stories to hard science end up evoking Ignosticism, the question of the true definition of “God.” Gravity is a God, if we want to argue about forces of nature that are measurable.

So in conclusion, yes: “There aren’t any known Gods, and all current claims about God are falsifiable, or unfalsifiable, but none are known as true.” I/Agnostic Atheism is the most logical, consistent stance.

Flag Post

IF there is a perfect god AND he would only allow perfect belief THEN there is a perfect god
IF there is a belief AND the belief is not incorrect THEN there is perfect belief
IF a belief is perfect AND the belief has doubt THEN it is imperfect
IF there is a perfect god AND he would allow imperfect belief THEN there is no stable proof of god
This statement is a form of doubt
THEREFORE there is no perfect belief
THEREFORE the belief is imperfect
THEREFORE EITHER there is no perfect god OR there is a perfect god with imperfect belief

Oh, and also, there must be some form of force that is not explainable, as for the contentiousness of us.

Flag Post

Empty polemics robot is meaningless.

Questions don’t imply your answers without evidence. That’s starting with a supposition and ending with an argument. I am immortal because I am alive and the sky is blue. I am alive and the sky is blue, thus I am immortal. I read it in a book from a long time go but it burned up in a fire made by God to keep the stupid people from learning all of these secrets about skies and immortality.

Flag Post

I do believe there is a God.

Flag Post
Originally posted by AllStarDominatio:

I do believe there is a God.

Now prove it. That is what the OP says, after all.

Flag Post

I believe that it is impossible to know for certain that God exists. I can prove this in that there is no conclusive proof that God does or does not exist.

QED. :-)

Flag Post

You cannot prove that I am not god.

Flag Post

I’m pretty skeptic myself. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence for me.