Do you believe any legands or "urban" legands? (locked)

38 posts

Flag Post

Discuss.

Flag Post

no thats retarded

Flag Post

C’mon now, A-ron.
It’s patently obvious (at least to me) what ya’re trying to do here:

Originally posted by Aaron:

I completely agree with Neil. A long time ago, I made a thread here. It was locked, and a mod sent me a message, telling me actually try when making a thread. I made another one, doing my best to make it longer, and guess what? It got locked again. On my third thread, I finally had the text wall they were looking for, but it was locked and the mod linked me to a two year old, long dead, 30 page thread on the same topic. Good job, guys.

If ya truly wanna hit this forum w/ something MATURE and be treated likewise,,,
then act accordingly.
If ya wanna “test” the mods,,,
at least make an iota of sense in doing it.

How difficult can it be for ya to follow this simple & senible guideline:
1. The thread you create should have discussion value. This means the original post should ask questions and provoke thought, not merely present a commentary or statement. Random ramblings and posting nonsensical topics may result in your post being hidden, your thread being locked, and/or a silence.

While I’m not fond of the specific word BLOOD used,,,
I think the intended sentiment about the thread merit was dead-on.

Flag Post

usually it’s preferable for a new forum user to just lurk some or post in existing threads, get the hang of how it works, before starting threads of their own. try that.

Flag Post

Yeah,
that is what one of my alts does,,,
just lurks.
Doesn’t post at all…just lurks.

Flag Post

Discuss.

Go away.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OmegaDoom:

usually it’s preferable for a new forum user to just lurk some or post in existing threads, get the hang of how it works, before starting threads of their own. try that.

No thanks. This is a perfectly legit thread. I’m not going to make it a certain way, just because it’s ‘right’, by your standards.

Originally posted by helltank:

Discuss.

Go away.

No

Flag Post

Aaron, some legends have a basis in truth but changes through mouth to mouth until they become wild. I can say I have seen things that made me do a double take lit the lights in Texas.

Flag Post

No thanks. This is a perfectly legit thread. I’m not going to make it a certain way, just because it’s ‘right’, by your standards.

Hmmmm….one thing that is usually done by the originator of a thread is for them to kinda “lead the way” on where he wants his topic to go. YOU have, so far, failed to do this….AT ALL. I’d say that such is certainly NOT helping your concept that this is a legitimate thread.

And (see the bold in his quote) he probably inferred, merely as a SUGGESTION, this: ya might wanna try that.

Pro-tip: if YOU can’t spark some life into YOUR thread,,,
it very likely will be locked.
OR, at the least….just fall into the category of: those that are ignored.
THAT doesn’t seem very legitimate…..eh?

Flag Post

you’re trolling. you know this is not a legit thread. the topic lacks focus (and spelling), and “Discuss.” is not a valid OP.

Flag Post

No, I don’t believe in ligands.

Flag Post
Originally posted by karmakoolkid:

Hmmmm….one thing that is usually done by the originator of a thread is for them to kinda “lead the way” on where he wants his topic to go. YOU have, so far, failed to do this….AT ALL. I’d say that such is certainly NOT helping your concept that this is a legitimate thread.

And (see the bold in his quote) he probably inferred, merely as a SUGGESTION, this: ya might wanna try that.

Pro-tip: if YOU can’t spark some life into YOUR thread,,,
it very likely will be locked.
OR, at the least….just fall into the category of: those that are ignored.
THAT doesn’t seem very legitimate…..eh?

I think it’s very disappointing that people are so unable to think for themselves that they need more than a simple prompt to start talking. In real life, that is about what you need to start a serious discussion. If I was to try and kick it off with a paragraph rant like you guys seem to love to do, I would probably be interrupted, as my listeners lost attention. It’s simply the people of this forum that are spoiled off of stupidly long posts.

you’re trolling. you know this is not a legit thread. the topic lacks focus (and spelling), and “Discuss.” is not a valid OP.

This thread is perfectly focused. It asks a serious, perfectly legitimate question, which all you need to do is answer. The only thing that pisses me off more than trolls themselves are people that call “troll!” like they’re on a witch hunt, to anybody that does anything they don’t agree with. And sorry about spelling ‘believe’ wrong; It was an honest typo.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Yes I do. They seem realistic enough like ’aren’t you glad you turned off the lights’ is just A murder. Nothing unrealistic about it. There are hundreds of them.

This topic is perfectly valid and I can discuss this. OP doesn’t need A paragraph to ask you a question.

Flag Post

Since you don’t know what political science is, that’s not saying much. What school did you go to? Really, I want to know. You sure seem bitter towards people with degrees.

But hey, at least you can make vague analogies to chess. I’m sure that’s useful to someone.

Flag Post

So you’re saying your degree is worthless. Got it.
No need to pry anymore. We shall leave it at that.

Waits for angry retort… Not like I honestly care at this point.

Flag Post

You can’t take a king! you can only put it in check.

You don’t even know how to play chess.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Immortal7777:

Yes I do. They seem realistic enough like ’aren’t you glad you turned off the lights’ is just A murder. Nothing unrealistic about it. There are hundreds of them.

True, true. This post reminds me of this cracked article. Pretty spooky stuff, huh?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Immortal7777:

True, true. This post reminds me of this cracked article. Pretty spooky stuff, huh?

Indeed but they are all realistic and possible. However each legend has several different alternatives like Aren’t you glad you didn’t turn on the lights has been told as an occurance at a dorm room while others change the location or details. I don’t know if they are all true or only a few are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVzKbU7TkWU